Defense claims judge had inappropriate convo with blogger?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 10 days began to toll after the facts were discovered in the defense interview with MD. I think the motion meets the 10 day requirement.

That's what I was afraid of. So the defense is acting as if they knew nothing about the MD/JS interaction until the interview occurred. They knew; just didn't have a lawyer smart enough to use it to their advantage. And, what is the advantage in having JS disqualified? :waitasec:

That's what I was afraid of. So the defense is acting as if they knew nothing about the MD/JS interaction until the interview occurred. They knew; just didn't have a lawyer smart enough to use it to their advantage. And, what is the advantage in having JS disqualified? :waitasec:

That is exactly what I've been trying to figure out and just can't come up with anything.

WHAAAAAAGH.

Forgive me if this has been answered in the last page or seven, for I have committed the venial sin of posting my views before reading the entire thread. (You can take the Catholic out of Catholicism, but unfortunately you can't take all the Catholicism out of the ex-Catholic. Odd that certain Cath. priests are the only Catholics I know who WON'T tear up a confessional... but I digress.) I am curious if there have been other cases to date where bloggers' interactions with ANYONE have had significant impact on the proceedings. Also whether any other judges' interactions with parties totally unrelated to proceedings have come under such scrutiny?

Perhaps this belongs on the lawyers' thread, to which I shall motorvate posthaste. Would like to hear the opinings of them what's left on this thread too though...

I disagree on two levels. First, I don't feel like most people know who Marinade Dave is, so I think that significantly constrains any "appearance of impropriety." Also, I don't feel like most people even knew that Judge Strickland had interacted with Marinade Dave. I think this whole Marinade Dave thing has failed to register on the public's radar-- until today's motion, of course.

Second, from the information released today, it appears their interaction-- or "courtship" as the defense calls it-- was very minimal. Strickland simply said he liked Marinade Dave's blogging style, how he investigated things, and tried to be balanced. IMO, Strickland wasn't talking about the case, he was talking about the blogger/blog and being congenial. Strickland said very little to MD. Marinade Dave said a lot about Strickland-- or "rhapsodized" as the defense called it. The memo in support of this motion read like a page out of Mean Girls, IMO. I wonder if Regina George is the newest addition to the defense...:woohoo:

Sorry if this has already been brought up. It just struck me now that even this alleged conversation between MD and JS was about being fair and balanced.
Doesn't that show that JS is just giving Kudos to someone who is commenting on the case without bias, because so few do?

Doesn't the alleged content of the convo PROVE that JS is not showing any bias toward either the state or the defense ,since he was allegedly praising MD for not showing any bias in his blogs? :waitasec:

Hi, LL; I've been missing you. This was sleuthed out earlier in the thread and discovered that JCM does have a current notary license (although he used an outdated stamp). It is still not clear if it is legal to notarize the same document to which you were a signatory, though.
Thank you EU!!
I know. I was laughing as I read it. And I am just peevish enough to hope that this clumbsy mistake, both of them, being splashed in the media will give others pause to think. I hope it gives JS a reason to say go back and do it over. I then hope the defense has seen enough backlash over this stupidity, they will let it fade away...

I wish I'd watched him live when RH made these comments. I guess from the video posted on the news release page - that it could be assumed he said he thinks JS will step down, but that's not actually what he said.

The article at WESH doesn't say that either. I can see they cut the clip a bit but it's almost as if he said, If JS does step down, and here they start taping again, the defense doesn't know who the judge will be now. And the first rule is...

So I hope he pops up on his blog or here and says what he thinks his prediction will be.

I question how influential MD is as a blogger if the defense weren't aware of his bombshell for six months.
If only they put the same energy into finding the REAL perp as they do into filing these worthless motions.

That is exactly what I've been trying to figure out and just can't come up with anything.

To delay, detour and derail this case for as long as possible. IMO it’s a tactical advantage that can help a defendant. Prosecution witnesses might forget what they saw and heard, prosecutors lose evidence, and cases just lose momentum. The older a case, the easier it usually is to negotiate a plea bargain. Plus all this extra time adds chapters to that book and extra scenes to that true crime movie waiting to be sold to the highest bidder.

Um, have you forgotten that it was you who brought the subject up of Casey's lies? Yet now when you are confronted with them, you turn tail and quickly want to change the subject.

You made the accusation that Judge Strickland was out of line in making his comment that "Casey and the truth are strangers." Well guess what? It has to do with Casey's lies!

"Stranger to the truth" = a liar, Casey Anthony. See how that works?

There is no real perp "out there"; she's locked up tight behind bars where she belongs, where she will remain for the rest of her life.

I brought up the Judge saying Kc anthony and the truth are strangers because it is in this motion. I am not turning quickly about anything. Did you wish to debate something? Then be specific and not throw out accusations. I love to debate in good spirits.

The appropriate thread to debate Kc's lies is the Kc lies thread.
The appropriate thread to debate the Js news story and motions is here. IMO

I think the 10 days began to toll after the facts were discovered in the defense interview with MD. I think the motion meets the 10 day requirement.

Then it most definitely wasn't JB that filed it. He doesn't respect deadlines.

If this is all smoke and mirrors to hide what may be coming...what could that "unknown" be? Will we finally see the interview with DC?

I feel it's due to the interview KBelich put out there with MD...

False date???

It's more than just an incorrect date, NTS..her work at Universal, the Sawgrass apartment she allegedly left Caylee off at, the fact no one can find this alleged nanny ZFG, the no calling authorities for 31 days, partying while a child is allegedly missing, the human decomp event in her trunk, I can list more but I think you get the point!

He wanted Inmate Anthony at every hearing so she knows what's going on with her case and doesn't have a reason to appeal, has nothing to do with his 15 minutes of fame. Absurd! JS stands for justice, he doesn't need 15 minutes of fame..I just don't get you sometimes, you're thinking changes like the trees who sway with the breeze..JMHO

I would like to know what the defense sees as a casual relationship with a blogger. What is their evidence? Is it the one time he called DM to the bench at that one hearing? They did the same with YMelich as he was passing time here from his broken leg. They have no defense so they will nit pick on anything. I don't want to see JS step down for I feel he is fair and equitable and will be fair to Inmate Anthony as he was when he sentenced her on her fraud charges but I'd like to see him step away and Inmate Anthony gets another judge who will not be so tolerant to the defense's outlandish BS..and it comes back and bites them hard...she may get a judge who is pro DP when found guilty, it's bye-bye baby...I think Baez should pick his battles with more thought for he may be a loser all ways around...

Justice for Caylee

I mentioned this statement by the Judge about Kc anthony and the truth being strangers, at length in one of these threads a couple of weeks ago and before this motion came out.

I mentioned that Marinade d's latest video of the crime scene as slanted over a week ago and before this story broke.

How do you figure my thinking sways with the trees? be specific, that is a pretty harsh accusation. I have been consistent. We should be talking about Js and Md, not me. IMO

I have no idea. This was a bad move, IMO. The only explanation I can think of is that Casey Anthony's myriad personality disorders are contagious and she has infected the entire legal team. Seriously.

If this is all smoke and mirrors to hide what may be coming...what could that "unknown" be? Will we finally see the interview with DC?

They certainly went about it as if to make it all smoke and mirrors. None of this makes sense. Except everytime a new defense lawyer joins the team, they call for something or someone to be thrown out.

With all respect due to Marinade, Dave - did any of you watch the clip of M,Dave and think - You're the man Dave - and what a shame you are in the middle of this firestorm? I think you did nothing - NOTHING - to bring this upon yourself and this fine judge?

I guess it's true what they say - any press is good press!

IMO of course!

There was Dc stuff covered in the Motion. I believe that Js fell for a rumor that Dc heard thru hearsay that Jb said something unethical. So the Judge made a complaint to the state bar. Js has had it out for Jb all along. Kc needs an impartial Judge. Hope he steps down, but I know he wont. IMO

Sorry if this has already been brought up. It just struck me now that even this alleged conversation between MD and JS was about being fair and balanced.
Doesn't that show that JS is just giving Kudos to someone who is commenting on the case without bias, because so few do?

Doesn't the alleged content of the convo PROVE that JS is not showing any bias toward either the state or the defense ,since he was allegedly praising MD for not showing any bias in his blogs? :waitasec:

Exactly! That's what my first impression was, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove