Defense files motion to have 911 calls, party pix tossed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the article.

"The defense also argued that photos of Anthony partying prior to Caylee's disappearance are irrelevant"

And that's about the only thing I agree with. The pictures of her partying before Caylee went missing ARE irrelevant.

But those photos of her living "bella vita" while Caylee was allegedly "missing" are crucial to show that she was NOT out looking for her daughter because she already knew she was dead.

Hi JSR. I respectfully disagree. The pictures before Caylee went missing shows KC in her "normal" element. Pictures after Caylee went missing could disprove her "ugly coping" only by the fact that the only thing that changed in her life after Caylee was gone, was her outfits.

A picture paints a thousand words. Nothing anyone says to explain Casey's demeanor during the 31 days Caylee was "missing" is going to have the same impact as seeing the actual pictures of her demeanor.

Think back to the first time we all seen those pictures. That's the impact it will have on a jury. That's the impact we need for it to have on the jury. They need to see and know Casey Anthony the way we have seen and known her over nearly two years.

JMO.

BBM
Had to stop reading the thread at this comment, in order to say to Lola, my god --- you are SO right. That is exactly what I've been thinking. The first time I saw the pics of Casey and Tony where she is wearing the black dress and the long beaded necklace, sitting behind him while he stands, I remember thinking her face looked flush and her eyes sooo dark, the evil just jumped off the page at me. I still feel uncomfortable looking at that photo. It just seems to speak. She had a secret and it shows on every inch of her face. Ok that's clearly not "evidence" as much as it is impression, but as Lola said, it's the impact.

Could the pictures of her partying after Caylee was missing be admitted to help support the child abuse allegations? She is charged with that too, right?

I wonder, if Baez feels these are a priority and should be thrown out, what does he feel about Jill Kerley's statements. IMO, whatever she states is hearsay for it's based on, the more I think about it, the more I feel RK had something to do with Caylee's death! It's her thoughts, her feelings but nothing factual. There aren't any police reports to back up her statements. No arrests on RK's part...nothing..so how does JK's statements go up against a raw sense of torment, turmoil, anguish that provides proof of something's terribly wrong in CA's 911 calls? With evidence that backs those statements up, body in the trunk, smell of death, deathband on hair found...Geesh..:angel:

Could the pictures of her partying after Caylee was missing be admitted to help support the child abuse allegations? She is charged with that too, right?

I feel those allegations come from her not reporting Caylee as missing or abducted. How does a parent not call the authorities in one of those scenarios she's offered up..so maybe they will go hand in hand.

I found this:

RULES OF EVIDENCE

ARTICLE VII. OPINIONS AND EXPERT TESTIMONY

Rule 701. Opinion Testimony by Lay Witnesses

If the witness is not testifying as an expert, the witness' testimony in the form of opinions or inferences is limited to those opinions or inferences which are (a) rationally based on the perception of the witness, and (b) helpful to a clear understanding of the testimony or the determination of a fact in issue.
http://www.courts.state.nh.us/rules/evid/evid-701.htm

Could it be that the wording of the request is deliberately misleading? It seems to basically disallow any testimony about character.

It is my humble opinion, that one of the most damning statements made by Cindy (a lay person):blushing: was telling Ryan (Casey's BF in Jacksonville) that her beloved "Mother of the Year" was in-fact, a SOCIOPATH and that he, Ryan, should have nothing further to do with her. Now that, my friends, is damning, layman or not!!! (Advice from Mother to BFF)

Also, what Cindy said to Amy in that car ride to go get KC, probably pretty damning stuff there as well.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/0308%20Memorandum%20Supporting%20Party%20Picture%20Motion.pdf

Through the media, especially the internet, the public has been inundated with these images and the unfair characterization of Miss Anthony. Through the internet and television media, Miss Anthony's reputation, intelligence, chastity, and fitness as a mother, have been attacked by news pundits and members of the general media relying on these photos, creating an immense bias against her in the minds of potential jurors.

The photographs at issue in this case depict miss Anthony drinking alcohol, wearing revealing clothing, and dancing on stages at nightclubs. They also depict her in close contact with a number of different men and women as she dances.

Their only value is to paint a picture to the jury of an irresponsible, drunken, promiscuous, and wild defendant.

Photographs would have the effect of painting Miss Anthony as a careless, irresponsible, promiscuous, and possibly bisexual partier..........

Miss Anthony is so notorious...........

Well that is the first truth I have heard come from the defense. They know exactly what the pictures tell, its called THE TRUTH. Next thing you know they will be saying that was ZG in those pictures dressed up as KC or ZG held a gun to her and made her act in that manner. They really are grasping at straws and truly do not have any type of defense plan at this point.

Will the State have to file a response to these motions before the Judge will hear the motions in court? Is there any chance the Judge would rule on these motions without hearing argument in court? SOO not sure how this all works, still.

I agree with the older party pics maybe being thrown out, but certainly not the Fusion ones or ones close to just before Caylee coming up missing and the ones after. I do not believe all will be thrown out at all. It goes to the state of mind of the accused just before and after Caylee's disappearance. Good luck on that one, defense team!

As for the 911 calls; those being thrown out will not happen either, IMO.

And yes, Kentjbkent, BIG pot of spaghetti, and it ain't sticking to the proverbial wall! :biggrin:

ITA. Those pics of her AFTER June 15th....they are time/date stamped. Witnesses will testify to verify that it was KC on the date they were taken, the place they were taken. They are not hearsay or gossip....they are FACT. They go to evidence as to WHERE she was, WHO she was with, and WHAT she was physically doing. All KC has to provide is the "HOW". How was she there, doing that, when her daughter had just been kidnapped by the nanny"!!?? And KC will have to answer to the "WHY"??! Oh wait...we know the why, I forgot, she was there looking for clues! Silly me!

There she is in color, smiling, canoodling with AL, partying/drinking with the people in the club and finally...the best one....while her daughter was gone, kidnapped, there she is, in living color being photographed participating in a hot body contest. FACT.

No way are these photos of her taken after June 15th going to be thrown out b/c by KC's own testimony she was there looking for clues to find the nanny who had kidnapped her daughter. Perfect....thank you KC.

moo

It just seems very odd to me that JB publicizes the very things he wants kept quiet...! :innocent:

ITA! He says the very opposite of what a defense lawyer should say IMO. I mean when he said KC was "public enemy number one", I ALMOST felt for her. That anyone would have an attorney THAT ______________(fill in your own adj., I don't want a time out!) is just ridiculous. To me it's like, "let's keep reminding the public how despicable they think KC is". WTH is that??? He is just beyond words I am going to use. (shaking my head here).

Will the State have to file a response to these motions before the Judge will hear the motions in court? Is there any chance the Judge would rule on these motions without hearing argument in court? SOO not sure how this all works, still.

Oh, I so hope they hold this in court. I want to hear/see the SA's make minced meat out of JBaez. They will make him look so inept, so incompetent he'll be looking for a hole to crawl into.

I also feel the more straws his grasps at the more we see he has no defense for KC's outrageous behavior. What happened to the "compelling" reasons for this behavior??

I also wonder how much it costs to file these motions and how much he gets per hour to work on them. He has never stated he's working pro bono..I also wonder if the other attorneys are getting upset behind them defending KC pro bono and Baez is getting a fee...:angel:

ITA! He says the very opposite of what a defense lawyer should say IMO. I mean when he said KC was "public enemy number one", I ALMOST felt for her. That anyone would have an attorney THAT ______________(fill in your own adj., I don't want a time out!) is just ridiculous. To me it's like, "let's keep reminding the public how despicable they think KC is". WTH is that??? He is just beyond words I am going to use. (shaking my head here).

keep in mind he also put himself in that little statement as well...he was number 2...kinda making it go back to him--so perhaps that is what this is about---HIM and his wonderful skills????perhpas getting use of them before the phones stop ringing?????:waitasec:

ITA. Those pics of her AFTER June 15th....they are time/date stamped. Witnesses will testify to verify that it was KC on the date they were taken, the place they were taken. They are not hearsay or gossip....they are FACT. They go to evidence as to WHERE she was, WHO she was with, and WHAT she was physically doing. All KC has to provide is the "HOW". How was she there, doing that, when her daughter had just been kidnapped by the nanny"!!?? And KC will have to answer to the "WHY"??! Oh wait...we know the why, I forgot, she was there looking for clues! Silly me!

There she is in color, smiling, canoodling with AL, partying/drinking with the people in the club and finally...the best one....while her daughter was gone, kidnapped, there she is, in living color being photographed participating in a hot body contest. FACT.

No way are these photos of her taken after June 15th going to be thrown out b/c by KC's own testimony she was there looking for clues to find the nanny who had kidnapped her daughter. Perfect....thank you KC.

moo

Interesting, I had forgotten some of this, but here's the interview with the photographers, Piper and Azzilano. Azzilano says he knew TonE from NY.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...0.html+john+azzilano&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Some of Piper's sites state that he graduated from Full Sail (where TonE went )and went back home, out of state after graduation.

The state will file motions to strike if I had my guess. A motion to strike is a request for a judge's order to eliminate all or a portion of the legal pleading (complaint, answer) of the opposition on any one of several grounds. It is often used in an attempt to have an entire cause of action removed ("stricken") from the court record. In slang...their motion is whack...don't waste your time.

There will be a hearing. It will be a joke. Again. Often the defense's motions are wrong on the facts, wrong on the law and Mrs. Drane Burdick politely argues to the court..the defense motions are legally insufficient do not even come close to the legal requirements..my favorite of all time is when she says "This is a farce!"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae5J_ObjkTw[/ame]

For all of her experience, it seems Andrea too ( not just Jose) has a very poor understanding of Florida law. That is very interesting to me...because she is a very experienced lawyer.

None of the 'bella vita' photos are as imo damaging as seeing a mother strutting around with a sexy knot tied in her t-shirt which has her missing baby's face printed on it.

Respectfully Quoted miss plum :)
(the thank you button was not enough for this gem! ;)
:laugh:

This shouldn't have made me laugh, this is all beyond crazy and sad...but it did! Thank you! I needed that. It does illustrate that even IF JB were to get his way, Casey's behavior is so all pervasive and what she did so obvious: whatever is let into the trial will cause her to be found guilty. IMHO.

Thank you to everyone for explaining what all this means. What I keep wondering is this: JB keeps on saying that the stuff in the media and on the internet have shown Casey in a bad way...blah blah blah...taint jury pool...blah blah blah. (Ignoring JB's own use of the media to taint...ahem.) I thought that the only way you can be on the jury is if you have no prior knowledge of the case?

TIA

Yeah JB, and people in He11 want ice water! :crazy:

Respectfully Quoted miss plum :)
(the thank you button was not enough for this gem! ;)
:laugh:

This shouldn't have made me laugh, this is all beyond crazy and sad...but it did! Thank you! I needed that. It does illustrate that even IF JB were to get his way, Casey's behavior is so all pervasive and what she did so obvious: whatever is let into the trial will cause her to be found guilty. IMHO.

Thank you to everyone for explaining what all this means. What I keep wondering is this: JB keeps on saying that the stuff in the media and on the internet have shown Casey in a bad way...blah blah blah...taint jury pool...blah blah blah. (Ignoring JB's own use of the media to taint...ahem.) I thought that the only way you can be on the jury is if you have no prior knowledge of the case?

TIA

No - you cancertainly have knowledge of the case. It's whether or not you can be fair in weighing all of the evidence presented at trial to come to a verdict.

Interesting, I had forgotten some of this, but here's the interview with the photographers, Piper and Azzilano. Azzilano says he knew TonE from NY.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...0.html+john+azzilano&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Some of Piper's sites state that he graduated from Full Sail (where TonE went )and went back home, out of state after graduation.

I can't read your link right now as I am getting ready to leave but I am SURE LE knows where these two guys were on the nights in question if they are the photographers. Is that what you are saying?

MOO

It seems LE had a little trouble getting the photos from Piper and Azzilano

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/01 Orange County Sheriff Misc. Documents.pdf

I kinda remember that but I wonder if they were worried about "them" being able to keep the rights to the photos once they gave them to LE or it could have been that they had something else (unrelated to KC's case) on that roll of film that they weren't thrilled about LE seeing. Just my quick take on it. I'll read your links when I return. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz