Defense FINALLY Begins Depo Process

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wanna give you all a little insight to Deposition costs. I just had a deposition take place for one of my cases last week. I just now got the bill for said SINGLE deposition. The entire total was $2,683.99.

And that was just for one single deposition. For only one day. Sometimes some depos can be taken over a period of days.

And the defense MUST take a deposition of every state witness. Their witness list is 100+. You do the math. The FL taxpayers are going to pay a lot for Casey's costs for her defense.

And don't even get me started about how much experts can cost ....

GRRRR I'm about ready to explode! Guess my husband, and I should go get second jobs, so we can make sure we can pay the State of Florida more tax money for KC's defense. Wonder what GA, and CA are contributing to the State of Florida to defend Caylee's murderer? Oh that's right they don't work!

I wanna give you all a little insight to Deposition costs. I just had a deposition take place for one of my cases last week. I just now got the bill for said SINGLE deposition. The entire total was $2,683.99.

And that was just for one single deposition. For only one day. Sometimes some depos can be taken over a period of days.

And the defense MUST take a deposition of every state witness. Their witness list is 100+. You do the math. The FL taxpayers are going to pay a lot for Casey's costs for her defense.

And don't even get me started about how much experts can cost ....

I think it was a smart move by the defense to wait on these depo's until the SA turned over all discovery. They can do depo's now knowing everything the state knows. Moreover, they can have the state pay for it. Probably Al's doing. It may be as simple as they just didn't have the money to do the depo's in the past. Now it begins, they have deposed 3 investigators as of today. IMO

http://www.wesh.com/news/22786842/detail.html

Excuse Me! What do you think the depositions are going to reveal to the defense? If there was something in any of those depositions the defense would have deposed those people. They had access to many of the depositions, but did they depose anyone besides AL, RK, AH, RM, and the towing company owner.

May I ask how much you are going to contribute to KC's defense fund?

To add, if you do not mind ...

Because KC is in jail this whole time, does it really matter when the trial begins? She is in what amounts to solitary confinement. Is justice served when Caylee's killer is behind bars. Or when the killer is dead?

You are so right! Just knowing she will never touch another child, hug her parents, eat her favorite chili, jump in the ocean, text, etc. sorta makes me smile. Don't get me wrong I still want her to have a seat on "Old Sparky" for what she did to Caylee.

Hello WS :)

Article:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...asey_case.html

Video: More Depositions Ahead
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2...CAC&title=More Depositions Ahead

Later this week, the defense will begin a vigorous schedule of depositions. On Friday, three people are set to be questioned under oath, including two sheriff's officials and Casey’s ex-boyfriend, Ricardo Morales. This will be the first round of depositions that are scheduled nearly every week, for the rest of summer. :thumb:

I see by Nums24 media posting that Baez et al are deposing Roy Kronk and Jesse Grund today.

This is such sad tired news that I can't even get worked up about it this far down the road.

Anybody still :banghead::banghead::banghead: and want to comment?

I see by Nums24 media posting that Baez et al are deposing Roy Kronk and Jesse Grund today.

This is such sad tired news that I can't even get worked up about it this far down the road.

All I have to say is ... if the defense will do this to Kronk - who has NO connection to Caylee or Casey or the family home ..... what will they do to GEORGE who has access, opportunity, and they will try to present motive ??!!

Be sure to watch this interview with Kronk and his atty--it is so funny that the commercial before the interview shows giant alligators randomly threatening all people in its path!! Sounds just llike what the defense team is doing:python:

David Evans - Kronk's Lawyer Interview: http://www.wftv.com/video/24451551/index.html

And court reporters not only charge for their time, but per transcript page. I don't know what the going rate is now, but it used to be $1.00 per page about 10 years ago (per transcript page) when I was in court reporting school. That may not sound like a lot, but that amount gets multiplied by each copy that is distributed.

think you said it all...all I can add is AGAIN???????:banghead::banghead::banghead:

All I have to say is ... if the defense will do this to Kronk - who has NO connection to Caylee or Casey or the family home ..... what will they do to GEORGE who has access, opportunity, and they will try to present motive ??!!

When Casey is found guilty, George is going to be skewered and Cindy next.

They are going to bring on everything and what is the worst crime pretty much imaginable is sexual abuse of a child. (I don't believe it happened, but it is what the jury believes not me). I can see them using Lee also since Casey mentioned him. They are going to be like Sherman and rip through the family and leave it in ashes in order to save Casey's life. Lee will have to move to Alaska.

I think it was a smart move by the defense to wait on these depo's until the SA turned over all discovery. They can do depo's now knowing everything the state knows. Moreover, they can have the state pay for it. Probably Al's doing. It may be as simple as they just didn't have the money to do the depo's in the past. Now it begins, they have deposed 3 investigators as of today. IMO

...umm what? They spent 250k... how would it be that they didn't have money for depos? I don't understand. And it is criminal that taxpayers have to shell out money for this waste of time. The defense shouldn't even need to worry about every single state witness...it just proves they have nothing but trying to poke holes in the state's case. Sad and disgusting.

Why would Bradley Wright's attorney Tony Moss visit KC for an hour? Bradley Wright is Kronk's old roommate and the witness who is now on a fishing boat.

Why would Bradley Wright's attorney Tony Moss visit KC for an hour? Bradley Wright is Kronk's old roommate and the witness who is now on a fishing boat.

We were speculating that one of the attorney's - maybe CM may be attempting to flee, since this lawyer is a death penalty experienced and could take his place. Is he really Bradley Wright's attorney also? If so that would be very very interesting. And why did the roommate need such an experienced lawyer?

We were speculating that one of the attorney's - maybe CM may be attempting to flee, since this lawyer is a death penalty experienced and could take his place. Is he really Bradley Wright's attorney also? If so that would be very very interesting. And why did the roommate need such an experienced lawyer?

Wow, if a witnesse's attorney met with a defendant (ICA) without HER attorney being present.....that is unethical and just plain wierd! IF he's working on behalf of the defense team, it's a conflict of interest.....

Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere already that I'm not seeing, but was this attorney on the jail's visitation list or something? It sounds highly inappropriate........geez, I forgot what case I was posting about.........duh!:blushing:

I went to Tony Moss's website. He has a page of cases/testimonials he has tried. I found this case of his interesting

"State v. Charles Byrd—blunt impact death of 29-month-old boy in client’s custody."

I'd like to learn more about it and will post the info if I find it.

NTS,,, I can truly understand what you say about it being a smart move on the defense's part to wait on the depos until they know what the state knows. I do understand that.. however the defense is not limited to one set of questions per witness. The MUCH more intelligent move would have been to depo the folks they were very interested in while memories were fresh, accurate and those folks hadn't had almost two years worth of the defense swinging allegations their way and badmouthing them in the press. To wait almost two years to depo someone again that you have slung alot of "poopiness" at in the media..dragged their ex's into the mess and then expect to have a less than hostile and open person to question, is frankly.. idiocy.

What the defense should have done.. was depo most of these folks earlier (specifically Roy Kronk since they were extremely vocal about considering him as a potential suspect in Caylee's murder) and THEN come back to them and clarify comments BASED on what the state now knows. They are just NOW getting back to Roy Kronk again?????? It's not rocket science.. its just good logic.

As for your comment regarding not having the funds early on... I will happily take that into account if you can point me to a link where JB can account for where the majority of the 250k was spent.

To point to a defense team with 250,000 dollars at their disposal, less than half of it accounted for with defense expenses and then continue to say they couldn't get together a couple thousand dollars to pay for Roy Kronk's depo, once again.. who is someone the defense considered a MURDER SUSPECT. Whom if they could find anything suspicious in his depo.. they could take to the police for investigation and prove their client's innocence and get her freed before it even WENT to trial! OMG.. to let Casey sit in jail and let her WAIT for almost two years until they could get it together enough to do a depo on a potential SUSPECT in the murder of her only child which she is facing the DEATH PENALTY FOR? ?????? In order to not spend as little as $2000 of CASEY"S $250,000 DOLLARS???????

Frankly NTW.. In my opinion... NOT doing Roy Kronk's depo when the defense had the opportunity for almost two years.... is irresponsibility at its finest.

wild

MuzikMan got these

07.19.2010 SA Notice of Cancellation of Depo Bradley Wright [Kronk]
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/48538453/07192010-SA-Notice-of-Cancellation-of-Depo

07/26/2010 Defense Notice Of Depo (Bodyfarm staff)
Michael Burnett, Madhavi Martin, Mark Wise, David Glasgow, Dr Vass
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/48545521/07262010-Defense-Bodyfarm-Depo-Notice

07/29/2010 Defense Notice of Depos (Dr. Jan G, Gary Utz, Yuri Melich,
Gerardo bloise, Dawn Murphy, Michael Vincent, Jennifer Welch,
Jesse Grund, Richard Grun
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/48546512/07292010-Defense-Notice-of-Depos

July 30, 2010
Roy Kronk - Defense depo

August 6, 2010
Gerardo Bloise - Orange County Sheriff's Office
Dawn Murphy - supposed to be "Murray" - Dept Children & Families
Michael Vincent - CSI Inv searched Anthony backyard with dogs
Jennifer Welch - OCSO

August 11, 2010 - Defense RESCHEDULED from July 30, 2010
Jesse Grund
Richard Grund

August 13, 2010 - Defense RESCHEDULED from July 9, 2010
Dr. Jan Garavaglia - Medical Examiner

September 10, 2010 - Defense RESCHEDULED from Sept 3, 2010
Yuri Melich - OCSO

September 23, 2010 - Defense RESCHEDULED from July 9, 2010
Gary Utz - Medical Examiner

July 13, 2010 - Defense depositions - all RESCHEDULED for Sept 21, 2010 in Knoxville, TN
Michael N. Burnett - Oak Ridge Lab
David C. Glasgow - Oak Ridge Lab
Madhavi Z. Martin - Oak Ridge Lab
Mark Wise - Oak Ridge Lab

July 14, 2010 - Defense deposition - RESCHEDULED for September 22, 2010 in Knoxville, TN
Arpad Alexander Vass - Oak Ridge Lab

July 21, 2010 - State deposition - State CANCELED this deposition
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/48538453...lation-of-Depo
Bradley Wright - former roommate of Kronk - depo in Miami, FL

Boy, Thinktank! Lots of "rescheduleds" there...Hope the delays are legit...I'd hate to think that Jose was "trying to delay things." :banghead:

Two years later they finally depose folks that should have been deposed first. WTH?!!! One's priorities tell on them, eh?
Thanks to Nums:

Anthony Defense Sets Deposition Dates
2 Deputies, 2 Medical Examiners Will Take Stand

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24499524/detail.html

<snipped>

The defense has scheduled depositions with Sgt. John Allen, of Orange County Sheriff&#8217;s Office, at 9 a.m. on Sept. 15; Dr. Gary Utz, from the Orange County Medical Examiner's Office, at 9 a.m. on Sept. 23; Dr. Jan Garavaglia, Orange County medical examiner, at 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 23 and Cpl. William Edwards, of the Orange County Sheriff's Office, at 10 a.m. on Sept. 24.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141
Back