Defense hires new media rep - "Todd Black" out

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How do you dump/fire someone who supposedly was never in your employ and never authorized to act on your behalf in the first place? ;)

ANOTHER high profile persona being paid by murdered Caylee's photos & story?

I can't wait to hear how this PR "wizard" will explain away Casey's [alleged] fingerprints on the duct tape.

In all of my days, I've never witnessed a case where the players change so rapidly. You can literally blink your eyes and someone magically disappears. Unbelievable!

In all of my days, I've never witnessed a case where the players change so rapidly. You can literally blink your eyes and someone magically disappears. Unbelievable!

isn't that how this case started in the first place?

ITA, we haven't heard the last from GC. I want to know more!

PR and spokespeople seem seem to drop like flies in this case! I also want to hear more. I don't think "Todd/Gil" will go down silently. Also, I wonder why we never heard more from the Ant's first PR guy - oh what's his name!? :waitasec: The goofy guy who was their first spokesperson who had a falling out with Cindy! Dang...can't think of his name. He said he would be coming out with more info after the big blow up, but we haven't heard a peep from him. I wonder if LE asked him not to comment and if he's going to be a witness for the pros? What is that guy's name! It's going to drive me crazy now...:waitasec:

How do you dump/fire someone who supposedly was never in your employ and never authorized to act on your behalf in the first place? ;)

For real. I wish one of the news outlets would print that verbatim!

PR and spokespeople seem seem to drop like flies in this case! I also want to hear more. I don't think "Todd/Gil" will go down silently. Also, I wonder why we never heard more from the Ant's first PR guy - oh what's his name!? :waitasec: The goofy guy who was their first spokesperson who had a falling out with Cindy! Dang...can't think of his name. He said he would be coming out with more info after the big blow up, but we haven't heard a peep from him. I wonder if LE asked him not to comment and if he's going to be a witness for the pros? What is that guy's name! It's going to drive me crazy now...:waitasec:

Larry Garrison

I'm stuck on the point I mentioned earlier. l can't figure out how a person hired by a family in CT, who was never employed or authorized by the defense to speak on its behalf, could be dumped by the defense.

If Black weren't associated by employ or consent by the defense, how can the defense get rid of him? Wouldn't it be up to the mysterious unnamed CT family who hired "Black" to decide whether he continues to do what he's been doing? After all, he's been working on their dime and their behalf, independent of Baez, supposedly. So why would the defense's hiring of a spokesperson affect his status in his work on behalf of his CT client?

I think the FL state bar needs to rethink its decision that Black wasn't ever an agent of the defense. He clearly was (except for the times he said something untoward, of course :tongue:). I personally think there is no CT family (unless it's Henry Lee or Cabot's own family is in CT :crazy:). I think whether his services were paid for or voluntarily offered to the defense, that Baez gladly accepted the deal, making Cabot an agent of the defense, and Baez ultimately responsible for positions and comments made by this Cabot/Todd Black dude.

Anything Black ever said seemed like something you'd expect from an angry, vindictive family member of the accused or the defense team (the type of comments that would be made behind the scenes, privately). His comments and style were certainly not what you'd expect of a professional, detached spokesperson.

I've never seen anything like it. In fact, I wondered for a while whether CA or someone in Baez's office/family -- someone with a personal stake and who took personal offense at all that was going on -- might have been actually writing those statements. I was surprised Black turned out to be Cabot and not someone closer to the defense.

Anyway, I am glad there will be a professional person speaking on behalf of the defense now. It will be all the more delightful when that person is tripped up or can't/won't answer questions. :D

http://www.wftv.com/news/18702984/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team has a new spokeswoman and, despite claims to the contrary, Marti MacKenzie says she is the only spokeswoman for the Jose Baez law firm.

Eyewitness News reported that Press Corps Media spokesperson Todd Black was really Gil Cabot, who went to prison for trying to extort money from a Los Angeles news anchor. Thursday, Eyewitness News saw Press Corps was still sending news releases.

Exactly, Levi. She will almost have to go on Nancy, no way out of that.

I went to your page, never noticed your link before. I bookmarked it to read and read and read later on tonight. Looking forward to it.
Thanks I also do a weekly live internet show / podcast that is available to listen to as well. I always feature the Anthony case not for the entire show, but for a good chunk of it with attorney guests, profilers, and people who've worked in law enforcement, the media, or victims' rights.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18702984/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team has a new spokeswoman and, despite claims to the contrary, Marti MacKenzie says she is the only spokeswoman for the Jose Baez law firm.

Eyewitness News reported that Press Corps Media spokesperson Todd Black was really Gil Cabot, who went to prison for trying to extort money from a Los Angeles news anchor. Thursday, Eyewitness News saw Press Corps was still sending news releases.

When anyone asks her about Casey, she'll say "I don't represent Casey, I represent Biaz." ::rolls eyes:: Which is why I guess he needs a PR agent, he can't handle himself with dignity, and can't understand why the public can't stand him.

Jose Baez's former media rep won't go away

Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writer
5:05 PM EST, February 12, 2009

The former media firm representing Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez doesn't want to let go of the spotlight -- even after Baez has hired someone new to take it.

Press Corps Media sent an e-mail and a fax to reporters today, saying the company was still involved in the Casey Anthony case. In fact, the third-party who is paying for two staff members has extended its contract and paid for 19 more months.

<snip>

"The only thing that's been 'dumped' is prepayment of our services into our trust account, and those services will be rendered when asked per our non-refundable contract," Sabrina Cane, a Press Corps Media worker, e-mailed the Orlando Sentinel. "Given the many surprises already experienced in this case, Press Corps Media will do what it has been paid to do - assist in Ms. Anthony's defense on media coverage."

Mackenzie said this afternoon that she has never encountered a situation like this before when a previous media firm refuses to let go after a client has made his intentions clear

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...bk-jose-baez-spokesman-021209,0,7645989.story

What's wrong with these people?

OMG! They're like herpes, they keep coming back! :eek:

I wish I had control over which player would disappear when I blinked my eyes! :rolleyes:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalalala
Back