Defense Motion to Seal Penalty Phase Discovery Documents

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here we go again - I just can't help it!!!

Bring on Monday's Hearing! I want to see a lot of :argue: between HHJP and Baez while the SA is :laugh: and then I want to see HHJP :nono::nono:, plus some :deal: and :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead, then he'll :gavel: while Baez will be :boohoo: and a lot of :back: while arguing his motions but HHJP will :viking: and :dj: and all through this Mason just sat and :curses:and thinks :loser:. ICA her usual :(

The SA will be their usual succinct and prepared self so they have time for lots of :Banane33: and of course the usual :laughbounce: plus :floorlaugh:.

So I have to run around and do everything I can possibly do so I'll be ready at 10:00 am my time. I'm going to carefully watch, :drink:, and maybe a little :saythat: at my computer screen.

Ah yes, another memorable day in the career of JB coming up....:waitasec:

IIRC at the budget hearing, Baez agreed H Lee would be working for JAC rates. I guess Lee changed his mind about working pro-bono or for oranges as soon as the State agreed to pick up the tab.

Baez gave Judge Perry an estimate for Lee's total projected time and travel as $6950.00 which included work to be done, travel and guestimated testimony at trial.

J Perry reminded Baez H Dr Lee had to keep time records.

So pre-trial testimony, we hear H Lee has billed the JAC for approx $8000.00 :waitasec:, Baez not very good at guessing?

Bold mine.

Yeah, and don't forget that per Dr. Lee, he gave JB a 50% discount! :waitasec:

Bold mine.

Soooooooo........

PhD must be Latin for "I can charge more per hour than you'll ever make in your life."

Bold mine.

And that this bill does not include the prior approved 8 hours of in court testimony.

Casey Anthony is expected to attend a status hearing Monday at the Orange County Courthouse in Orlando.

Judge Belvin Perry will hear a new motion filed by prosecutors asking that defense experts be required to disclose their financial arrangements with Anthony's defense team.

The defense team wants to hire an expert who specializes in bones and fossilized remains. If the new expert is approved, he or she would be paid at taxpayers' expense.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40413452

The prosecutors want to see "SIGNED" contracts as well as their accounting on the Anthony trial.. not only the contracts but prosecutors want the detailed accounting for travel, entertainment? and meals...not only for those on the team but for those who have already been paid and jumped ship...JMHO

The state said it wants Judge Belvin Perry to force the defense to hand over any and all contracts and agreements it has with its experts.

Prosecutors said they also want to see receipts already paid. That includes records of travel, entertainment and meals that might have been submitted by members of the defense who no longer work for Casey.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/new...is-paying-for-defense’s-expert-witnesses.html

This may be one contentious status hearing for Baez doesn't like to show his hand....:angel:JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Will this motion be heard today? The WESH article just mentions the State's motion to view financial contracts between the defense and experts, and status updates.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40413452

The prosecutors want to see "SIGNED" contracts as well as their accounting on the Anthony trial.. not only the contracts but prosecutors want the detailed accounting for travel, entertainment? and meals...not only for those on the team but for those who have already been paid and jumped ship...JMHO

This may be one contentious status hearing for Baez doesn't like to show his hand....:angel:JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I just hope that Baez has paperwork already prepared for SA....coming to these hearings unprepared all the time is gettng really really old---especially when they go under the assumption "STATUS HEARING" and they know that HHJP isn't messing around with details....:banghead:

I just hope that Baez has paperwork already prepared for SA....coming to these hearings unprepared all the time is gettng really really old---especially when they go under the assumption "STATUS HEARING" and they know that HHJP isn't messing around with details....:banghead:

Oh Boy! Seriously? What are the chances!!:banghead::furious:

Soooooooo........

PhD must be Latin for "I can charge more per hour than you'll ever make in your life."

Lee is going to have to overcome Fidler's ruling that he tampered with the Lana Clarkson crime scene. I think SA will shred him....I swear there was some controversy during the same trial that Lee had never actually completed his PhD.

Controversy
On May 23, 2007, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Larry Fidler, the judge in the Phil Spector murder trial, said that he had concluded Dr. Henry Lee hid or accidentally destroyed a piece of evidence from the scene of actress Lana Clarkson's shooting.[3][4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Lee_(forensic_scientist)

IIRC at the budget hearing, Baez agreed H Lee would be working for JAC rates. I guess Lee changed his mind about working pro-bono or for oranges as soon as the State agreed to pick up the tab.

Baez gave Judge Perry an estimate for Lee's total projected time and travel as $6950.00 which included work to be done, travel and guestimated testimony at trial.

J Perry reminded Baez H Dr Lee had to keep time records.

So pre-trial testimony, we hear H Lee has billed the JAC for approx $8000.00 :waitasec:, Baez not very good at guessing?

So how many oranges is equal to 8,000? Didn't he say he'd take payment in crates of oranges? lol.

So how many oranges is equal to 8,000? Didn't he say he'd take payment in crates of oranges? lol.

He also stated on NG that he was working Pro Bono, but that was before the taxpayers started paying for Casey's defense.

Are we sure she is signing a doc and not answering some question from counsel? If so, that is certainly an interesting question.

Are we sure she is signing a doc and not answering some question from counsel? If so, that is certainly an interesting question.

I thought she signed something, too - with her usual scrawl. I didn't follow the paper's journey, though.

Did anyone else notice that KC seemed to sign a doc while she was sitting at the table and JB slid it under his notes???? Wonder if this doc was notarized prior to the hearing???

http://www.wftv.com/video/25949344/index.html

Start about 1:03.

View attachment 12602

And JB handed it to Jeff Ashton at 11:54 in video.

View attachment 12603

Very observant sleutherontheside! Could that have been the Stipulation for the DNA testing of the laundry bag and shorts?

Did anyone else notice that KC seemed to sign a doc while she was sitting at the table and JB slid it under his notes???? Wonder if this doc was notarized prior to the hearing???

View attachment 12602

View attachment 12603

It sure looked like she initialed that paper, then he signed or initialed it. I wonder if this is a normal procedure - AZ, where are you when we need you, LOL?? It seems like an odd time to hand something to an attorney as well - as he stands up to address a judge. :waitasec:

View attachment 12602

View attachment 12603

Very observant sleutherontheside! Could that have been the Stipulation for the DNA testing of the laundry bag and shorts?

It sure looked like she initialed that paper, then he signed or initialed it. I wonder if this is a normal procedure - AZ, where are you when we need you, LOL?? It seems like an odd time to hand something to an attorney as well - as he stands up to address a judge. :waitasec:

It could have been a stipulation regarding evidence, but I'm sure there are other possibilities as well. There's nothing unusual about a client signing something when they happen to be in court, especially if the client doesn't have the option of popping over to the lawyer's office after court. :angel: There's also no requirement that every signature on every legal document be notarized.

Normally if you hand something to the other attorney as you are standing up to address the judge, it means you're about to say something that the other attorney might have jumped up and called you a liar for, if not for that piece of paper. ;) Like, "your honor, this matter has been resolved; we have provided the requested document."

Am I mistaken or did HHJP tell Finnell at last month's hearing the Defense team already had a mitigation expert in J. Barrett? So way was Finnell going around the subject of needing a mitigation expert again? :waitasec:

The visitation logs show Jeanine Barrett last visited ICA on the 7th of November. She may have gone later than that, but the logs are only showing up to and including that date. Anyone have any clarification on this issue?

Am I mistaken or did HHJP tell Finnell at last month's hearing the Defense team already had a mitigation expert in J. Barrett? So way was Finnell going around the subject of needing a mitigation expert again? :waitasec:

The visitation logs show Jeanine Barrett last visited ICA on the 7th of November. She may have gone later than that, but the logs are only showing up to and including that date. Anyone have any clarification on this issue?

Rumors abound that Ms Barrett neglected to get a FL license and thus cannot further participate, per JAC rules.

But so far it's only a rumor. I'm keeping my trusty salt shaker on high alert.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back