Defense What is their strategy? #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If KC was giving Caylee sedatives, wouldn't it still be 1st degree murder? I think NG was arguing this point one night on her show.

As to OJ, there is no MarkF in this case and I hope no possibility of "jury nullification" especially in the death of a child.

JMO-Sue

Ohh but there is a mark F.. I think Baez will use the officer that originally investigated Kronk's first calls as the scapegoat.

I can only imagine how much they'll drag him through the mud and dig up prior poor police work.

I think the defense will try to to pin it on either George, Cindy, or Lee. With all the evidence pointing back to the A house and the lying going on in that family, they really have nothing to indicate anyone else. I can just see it now, Jose claiming that Casey didn't call 911 and made up the Zenida story because she couldn't bear to turn in a member of her family..she was so conflicted..just a victim like she said all along, you get it. It still wouldn't work, but it would be entertaining, to say the least.:)

Quite possible. What a row that will cause, huh?
Cindy at her best.:eek:

The defense will be SODDI. (Some other dude did it.) won't be Zenaida, won't be Casey. Defense has no defense.

Ohh but there is a mark F.. I think Baez will use the officer that originally investigated Kronk's first calls as the scapegoat.

I can only imagine how much they'll drag him through the mud and dig up prior poor police work.

You may be right (I hadn't thought of that), but the officer that originally investigated RK's first calls did not touch the evidence did he? He really didn't do much of anything other than battle a snake, did he? Now I can see them trying to make RK out to be the MarkF of this trial more than anyone else.

JMO-Sue

The problem with LKB's little "Fugitive" comparison is that her client never, ever, not even once told the police about a one-armed man...not for 31 days, not after 31 days, not even now when she knows her baby is dead.

Do you think Juries believe the expert witnesses as quickly as they did in some of the other famous trials? I think everyone has seen Henry Lee in his best but also in his worst, plus how many trials do you testify in before it becomes obvious to anyone who watches the nightly news you are a "paid" witness and will go the way you are "paid" to go?

I think the defense will try to to pin it on either George, Cindy, or Lee. With all the evidence pointing back to the A house and the lying going on in that family, they really have nothing to indicate anyone else. I can just see it now, Jose claiming that Casey didn't call 911 and made up the Zenida story because she couldn't bear to turn in a member of her family..she was so conflicted..just a victim like she said all along, you get it. It still wouldn't work, but it would be entertaining, to say the least.:)
Could this be why KC is estranging herself from the family as well? And why there were statements made that she was "protecting the family" during Caylee's disappearance?

If so, this is so wrong of the defense to play this way. I guess we shall see.....

You know if the defense tries to pin this on the family- my bet is on GA. Think back to everything that GA has done and said that would look very suspicious now. Gas can report, removing the garbage bag from the trunk, suicide attempt, grand jury hearing, the key to the car, car was abandoned in the parking lot and GA was suppose to pick it up, and so on and so forth, KC requesting a private meeting with dad only, so on and so forth. IMO

As it stands now, I think the defense will, first of all, decide not to put the defendant on the witness stand. KC, I think, will go along with this plan. So that leaves the state putting out all its many bits and pieces, which it will try to weave together so the jury gets the same picture that we are getting--KC's guilt. So that leaves the defense trying to knock down or weaken each piece, one by one. (Um... good luck with that one, JB and KC.)
So, if KC does not testify, that leaves the imaginary nanny out there as a sort of legendary creature, like the abominable snowman or the Loch Ness monster. Everyone's heard of her, but no one has really seen her, except KC. The defense would want the jury to not only believe in this legendary nanny, but also to believe that the "nanny" did the crime. Some jurors might believe there was once a nanny in the picture, but there is literally nothing to indicate that the alleged nanny did the crime. Nothing. Nada.

So then the jury is led back to the question of who had the motive, means, and opportunity to commit this crime? Guess who!

As it stands now, I think the defense will, first of all, decide not to put the defendant on the witness stand. KC, I think, will go along with this plan. So that leaves the state putting out all its many bits and pieces, which it will try to weave together so the jury gets the same picture that we are getting--KC's guilt. So that leaves the defense trying to knock down or weaken each piece, one by one. (Um... good luck with that one, JB and KC.)
So, if KC does not testify, that leaves the imaginary nanny out there as a sort of legendary creature, like the abominable snowman or the Loch Ness monster. Everyone's heard of her, but no one has really seen her, except KC. The defense would want the jury to not only believe in this legendary nanny, but also to believe that the "nanny" did the crime. Some jurors might believe there was once a nanny in the picture, but there is literally nothing to indicate that the alleged nanny did the crime. Nothing. Nada.

So then the jury is led back to the question of who had the motive, means, and opportunity to commit this crime? Guess who!

ITA!! Lest we not forget those pesky "31 days", as well.

The defense is going to try to prove reasonable doubt by trying to discount all the evidence with their dream team twisting everything and trying to mix up the jurors. (which as we know has worked in alot of famous cases)
Then they will also say it could have been Jesse, it could have been Ricardo, blah blah blah the list goes on.
In another words, their tactic will not be to downright deny, but to try to mix up the jury.
Which wont work, because I believe the American public is smarter than the defense team, and cant stand Moms who kill their kids and so they will convict.

The D can prove that there has been a serial rapist on the loose around Blanchard Park for the past year or more. Then on June 10th Nicole Ganguzza was murdered in BP. They could say that CA always told KS not to ever take Caylee to BP again, due to all the local coverage about the rapes and now a murder, but KS took her there anyway and left her on the playground or whatever and she was "...absolutely petrified" to tell CA that she not only left Caylee alone to babysit herself, but it was at BP where she knew damn well there was a killer on the loose. An alternate playground/nursery could have been the dump site or abandoned house nearby. They might go so far as to say the real killer moved the body to suburban AFTER KS's story broke and put the heart there to frame KS. She could have thought that she would be guilty of murder for leaving the baby alone, so she had to "lie, cheat, or steal" to hide it.
The junk science part:
Cadaver dogs cannot sit on the witness stand and describe exactly what it was smelling.
Chloroform is naturally created when bleach mixes with rotting meat and KS left "groceries" in the trunk which rotted and CA used bleach to disinfect the trunk.
KS saw that pic that said "win her over with chloroform" and she "googled" it cause she didn't know what it meant. She saw her friend wearing that t-shirt that said "neck breakin" and googled it cause she didn't know what it meant. All her "friends are not very crdible either cause they all "twitter" to each other and the "twits" would be boring if they didn't text "white lies" to make their lives sound exciting, like she wasn't really partying and as happy as she sounded in fact she's super depressed & has nightmares.

Actually I think in her own little mind KS thinks it's CA's fault for angering her so much that she took back her "gift". Like the endless number of dummys on Judge Judy that say it was the plaintiff's fault that he wrecked their car cause they let him drive it. They refuse to take responsibility!

Another note on Nicole Ganguzza's murder - On June 16th it was all over the local news that the FBI forensics team was at BP all day looking for clues.

Another note on Nicole Ganguzza's murder - On June 16th it was all over the local news that the FBI forensics team was at BP all day looking for clues.

[Snipped]

Wow, so the FBI could have actually witnessed the kidnapping of Caylee? Maybe they can describe ZFG for us. Surely they would have noticed ZFG and her sisters attacking KC and running away with her child and KC chasing after them yelling, HELP, they are kidnapping my child!

Oh I love this (that the FBI was at JBP on June 16th).

According to this link, apparently, Casey's defense IS going to be someone else (the Nanny?) did it... Read here:

http://deathby1000papercuts.com/200...defense-and-the-odds-of-an-acquittal-page-2a/

Even though Baez claimed he wasn’t going to “disclose” his upcoming defense of Casey Anthony, Kenney-Baden did reveal that the defense is planning to use the “Sam Sheppard”, or “The Fugitive” defense. This means that the defense will be relying on a case that was sensational for its time, a case where Dr. Shepard was convicted in 1954 of murdering his wife. Shepard claimed a “bushy haired stranger” was the culprit. The 1960’s television show, “The Fugitive” was based on Shepard.

Using the Sam Shepard defense would mean the defense would have to prove someone else other than her mother Casey, murdered little Caylee. Since there are no witnesses to the crime, nor other suspects, other than the mysterious “nanny”, then the defense will have to rely on casting doubt on the prosecution’s forensic evidence, which is what Kenney-Baden alluded to during her appearance on the Today Show:

“This case may not be science, may not be accurate, may never have been tested, may not be reliable,” Baden said, pointing out that the defense team has yet to be given all of the state’s scientific evidence.

This will be the defense’s method of attack of the forensic evidence, casting doubt on the gathering, accuracy, reliability, and “science” of the evidence. Yet in the 1954 Sam Sheppard case, forensic evidence wasn’t the same as today with the advent of DNA and other scientific methods which were unknown in the 1950’s.

What the defense might try to prove is whether the forensic investigators for the prosecution “bungled” the evidence with faulty collection, “chain of evidence”, substandard testing procedures, or a relatively new science, the detection of the odor of human decomposition. The state of Florida has used the resources of FBI’s Quantico forensic unit as well as other accredited sources so the defense may find itself in an uphill battle in discrediting their findings, which most likely will be addressed by the numerous “hired guns” on Casey’s defense team.

In order for the state to garner a first degree (capital) murder conviction, the prosecution will have to prove premeditation. Two pieces of forensic evidence come to mind which may or may not bolster the state’s contention that Casey Anthony did intend to kill her daughter: the duct tape recovered from Caylee’s remains and the presence of traces of chloroform in the trunk of Casey’s car.

The prosecution will present witnesses who will testify to their findings, the defense will then have their own rebuttal witnesses, or “hired guns”, who will attempt to discredit the prosecution’s findings and/or witnesses who present the evidence. If the defense is unable to discredit the aforementioned forensic evidence, then the prosecution may be able to sway the jury into finding that Casey Anthony intentionally murdered her daughter Caylee.

The Duct Tape

According to forensic reports, duct tape was found covering Caylee’s mouth. The jury will be presented evidence which showed that when Caylee’s remains were discovered, her skull was separate from her body, and that all that remained on her skull was her hair and duct tape placed across her mouth. Other forensic evidence will show that the same type and brand of duct tape was found on a red gas can which belonged to the Anthony family. The red gas can was located in a backyard shed. Also found in the same shed, a black plastic garbage bag with yellow ties, a match to the one Caylee’s remains were found in.

Casey’s defense has already begun to attempt to discredit the duct tape evidence, because, to the defense and the prosecution, the duct tape takes on significant meaning. On February 18, co-counsel Linda Kenney-Baden had this quote for the press:

“Not only is this brand of tape the most widely sold in the United States, the State is relying on comparative analysis just like comparisons exposed as flawed in the study of bullet lead in 2004. These chemical studies have put hundreds of innocent people in jail.”

It’s yet to be determined if a jury will buy into Kenney-Baden’s claim that the duct tape comparative analysis is “flawed”.

On February 18, Attorney Jose Baez had this to say about the duct tape evidence:

“The defense said its own experts would conduct an objective analysis of the evidence. They noted the duct tape, found to be similar to that on the gas can, is the most widely sold duct tape in the nation. “It is just as important to focus on the fact that there are no fingerprints on the duct tape, and there never was any red sticker of any shape or size found on the tape,” defense attorney Jose Baez said.”

Yet FBI forensic investigators will present evidence that the duct tape did contain an “indentation” the size and shape of a heart shaped sticker. Prosecutors will also provide evidence that a heart shaped sticker was found where the remains were discovered. Evidence will also show a match between the sticker found at the site of Caylee’s remains, matched a sheet of heart shaped stickers found in the Anthony home.

Yet the defense will also have the extra burden of trying to explain to the jury just how someone else other than Casey Anthony had used the same type of black garbage bags with yellow ties, the same type of laundry bag, the same brand and type of duct tape, and the same type of heart shaped stickers found with Caylee’s remains that were also found in the Anthony home. The defense would have to tie the conspirators to the trunk of Casey’s car, to the odor of human decomposition, and to the Anthony’s home.
...to the Anthony home?...
I keep remembering 'the key to the house' that kc told ca the nanny had. That was so shocking...ca allowing someone she had never met to have that 'key.' She never flenched.
Could it be those conversations way back in August were all part of the cover?

In all honesty, I think the big "shocker" is going to be the JBP story. Excluding, WSers and avid followers of the case, I'm sure the average person who knows about this case never heard the JBP story and still thinks KC's excuse is that she dropped off KC at Zany's and told a bunch of lies (vs. her new story of being given a "script" and trying to throw off authorities). JB said her story will prove that there is an explanation for her lies (which is going to be allegedly being given a script, being told not to go to authorities) so I think this is going to be their "shocker" even though most of us here know about it.

What is the JBP story?

JBP=Jay Blanchard Park. Originally, KC had said she dropped off Caylee at ZFG's apt at Sawgrass, couldn't get in touch, and conducted her own investigation in the 30 days. Later on, she said she took Caylee to JBP where ZFG and held KC down, had her sister bring Caylee into a mini van, and told KC that she would get Caylee back safe if she did not inform authorities. Also, they gave her a "script" for what to say if cops found out anything. In other words, she was lying and giving bad addresses to stall and throw off the cops until Caylee was returned. Total BS but the defense will most likely say these were the reasons she did not call cops for 30 days and why told so many lies.

We dont know half of the story!! Well if someone else out there killed this little girl. Shouldnt we be searching for a Murderer..Or shouldnt someone else be in Jail with KC if they took part in the death of this little Girl?? :waitasec:

Yes.

Let's hope there will be justice for Caylee.

:smiliescale:

The defense may say Casey was telling the truth when she said she had not seen Caylee in 31 days, being the morning of June 15?

There are no witnesses outside the family who have stated to have seen Caylee in the company of anyone other then Cindy on the afternoon of June 15, the only evidence that exists of Caylee last being alive (pic/vid) is in the company of Cindy.

As much as I don't believe for one minute that Cindy harmed Caylee, is there real proof that Caylee was taken out of the Anthony house by Casey on June 15/16?

Any proof that Casey had been home June 15/16?

The hair found in the back of the car is incriminating, but it was discovered after Cindy had inspected the trunk of the car and taken items (clothing) out of the car, can it be ruled out the hair got in there when the car was inspected by Cindy?

JBP=Jay Blanchard Park. Originally, KC had said she dropped off Caylee at ZFG's apt at Sawgrass, couldn't get in touch, and conducted her own investigation in the 30 days. Later on, she said she took Caylee to JBP where ZFG and held KC down, had her sister bring Caylee into a mini van, and told KC that she would get Caylee back safe if she did not inform authorities. Also, they gave her a "script" for what to say if cops found out anything. In other words, she was lying and giving bad addresses to stall and throw off the cops until Caylee was returned. Total BS but the defense will most likely say these were the reasons she did not call cops for 30 days and why told so many lies.

What about the cell phone pings and computer activity that show Casey was at her parent's house or within a block of it until 4 p.m. on June 16?

Then Casey's pings show her going straight to Tony's apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove