Delay revealed-Motion to determine competency filed by defense

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well..heck no she can't assist her defense team....How can a pathological liar help..
TH's giving a pretty good explanation about competency.

let's not drift into Baez competency please.
gracias

post is randomly placed

I remember just before trial began, Mark Lippman made a comment about G & C being very concerned about ICA's state of mind and IIRC he used the phrase "competency to stand trial."

Now we know she is competent in the legal sense. But I don't think she is easy to work with. I can see her being very demanding and manipulative.

I wonder if the Psych eval was due to ICA bearing her teeth at CM the other day? Wonder what she said?

Well..heck no she can't assist her defense team....How can a pathological liar help..
TH's giving a pretty good explanation about competency.

I have a feeling that she is "helping" her DT just like she "helped" investigators find Caylee and "helped" searcher look for her daughter!!!

Wonder if they thought Lee's emotional testimony sent her over the edge.

Beth Karas saying Casey must have feigned "crazy" or acted "crazy" on Friday/Saturday and judge was forced to call for competency evaluations.

oh ... looks like ICA had a busy day on Saturday while i was on the grass at an outdoor concert watching Great Big Sea perform! Oh that makes me feel better!!!!

She spent all day being analyzed!

Ergo her giddiness this am. She had a party weekend, and SHE was the guest of honor!

I read this and the first thing I thought was....."to determine if JB is competant"?:floorlaugh:

LOL!! JB projecting again perhaps. ICA is unhappy and it can't be because he's incompetent, it's because she is.
JMO, but if the DT really believed their client had been serially sexually assaulted from the age of 8 until when July 16, 2008? Would they really have selected all male Psychiatrists to assess her? I find that bind boggling unless of course ICA requested males for whatever reason. More easily manipulated in her mind perhaps?

:floorlaugh::woohoo: This was so much better than anything I came up with over the weekend. Would seem the DT is a little nervous. Evil does not equal incompetent

But why now?? Why didn't they do this a long time ago? That's what I don't understand. How can you suddenly decide, mid-trial, that you aren't competent?? I'm just amazed that it can happen this way. I realize it HAS to be done if requested because it's a huge appeal issue but still. Isn't it obvious that it's just a last-ditch attempt to get out of paying for her crime??

Just another attention seeking stunt from this drama Queen.

Beth Karas saying Casey must have feigned "crazy" or acted "crazy" on Friday/Saturday and judge was forced to call for competency evaluations.

I am wondering. The video snip of ICA having her little tantrum at the table Sat and pointing ..
Did that happen before or after things came to a halt..

Maybe they are setting her up to testify. That is, she is now certified as competent by 3 doctors, therefore, when she testifies, the defense hopes this will add to her credibility. (Grasping at straws to understand this...)

Then again, I can argue the opposite, that their having her evaluated takes away from her credibility since it implies they felt she was incompetent.

Thanks to those that are attempting to discuss this topic in earnest.
It is appreciated.

I haven't been following all this as closely as you folks have, so forgive the intrusion. But here is what I think happened...

It was a delaying tactic, but not as a "hail Mary, let's try to save her". Rather, because of all the attempts at declaring this a mistrial, I think that this was designed to keep the jury busy throughout the 4th of July.

Why?

Because the Judge promised the jurors they'd be out by the 4th, would be able to take their vacations/spend time with family, et cetera. If it can be demonstrated that the judge promised something to the jurors, and "lied", then a mistrial would be a reasonable remedy. It would foster illwill towards the court, and would also be an issue on appeal, as well.

That's my idea...and worth about zip; it will be interesting to read the motion.

Best-
Herding Cats

During Saturday's hearing, some commented on Casey's behavior (flailing her arms, acting angrily, DT keeping her from reading side bar etc.)

So I am wondering if she had a melt down which concerned them and prompted them to seek a psychiatric evaluation on Saturday.

Or was this simply another ploy of the DT to delay, deflect, mistrial etc.
Another ploy IMHO. But I'm not sure what they expected to achieve other than time to get their other witnesses in order. ICA is not an Andrea Y and even AY was found competent to stand trial.

I think the outcome revealed this morning proves that none of us or the TH's are really able to speculate about what is going on in this trial. It is very frustrating to think we are all going to just sit back and wait. One thing we know for sure is that every moment is eventful and full of surprises. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back