Dellen Millard: Innocent Dupe? Alternative Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we agree it is likely Tim had the paperwork in his possession when he was on the test drive? This would be everyday normal in Ontario.

I'd say most likely

But what good is that ownership to the perps? They could try and sell the vehicle on to someone unsuspecting using that ownership, but they would have to advertize to find a stranger to dupe...and no one would be able to re-register that truck because it was hot, ownership or no ownership

I'd say most likely

But what good is that ownership to the perps? They could try and sell the vehicle on to someone unsuspecting using that ownership, but they would have to advertize to find a stranger to dupe...and no one would be able to re-register that truck because it was hot, ownership or no ownership

But common among the variations on the alternate theory we're poking at is that DM was truly looking not to steal a truck, but to buy a truck and thought he did so.

I suppose we'll have to wait for actual admissible evidence presented at trial before we get any closer to understanding the motivation.

Incidentally, it seems to me, given the nation-wide coverage of this crime, LE and/or the prosecution is treading very dangerously close to making it impossible to assemble an impartial jury in this case = no trial.

Just because DM is the one that was apprehended does not mean he was the one trying to buy the truck. He could easily have been the one driving it because he knew the most about that type of vehicle. His friend could easily have been the guy who organized the test drives and owned the burner phone. He was the one careful enough not to be ID'd. Perhaps DM knew nothing of the plan and was framed after the fact. There are lots of ways to draw the dots based on the limited public knowledge and any one of those dots that LE publicised could be part of a rouse to gather more intelligence.

We just don't know enough yet to rule out the possibility of DM being 'mostly' innocent.

I think that if DM was in the truck when the phone was dropped off (only about a mile away) than he would have been privy to what occurred next to Tim. That makes him a participant in the crime and if an abduction victim dies, it's murder charges for those involved. JMO

I think that if DM was in the truck when the phone was dropped off (only about a mile away) than he would have been privy to what occurred next to Tim. That makes him a participant in the crime and if an abduction victim dies, it's murder charges for those involved. JMO

It's possible and even probable but from what we know it's not for sure that DM was still with them when shenanigans occurred.

Before somebody pops in to suggest that he had to be part of it because he isn't talking take a minute to read this: http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/blog/2012/06/what-to-do-when-the-police-want-to-talk-to-you.html

It's possible and even probable but from what we know it's not for sure that DM was still with them when shenanigans occurred.

Before somebody pops in to suggest that he had to be part of it because he isn't talking take a minute to read this: http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/blog/2012/06/what-to-do-when-the-police-want-to-talk-to-you.html

So he got out of the truck at the place where the phone was found?

Still waiting to hear what Tim's wife's impression is of DM and if he was the one who fit her description.

I do think that if DM purchased the vehicle and left the scene before the crime was committed, he had every opportunity, several days in fact, to go to the police and explain what happened before he was arrested. Even if he wasnt aware of the public alerts that were made almost immediately after Tim went missing, he would almost certainly have needed to try and get in touch with Tim the following day to finalize something or another, and would have learned then.

This theory doesnt work for me.

Ok so just to polk holes. Say DM did call the cell # to get in touch. What would he have gotten? No answer IMO. Maybe the first he heard of it was when he was taken into custody? Not saying IMO that I beleive he was framed etc, but saying he would have called, IMO he may not have been able to get in touch.

<modsnip>
I'm 100 percent with you on this, exiledred, except for exit. I have absolutely no idea if DM is an innocent dupe or if he's into this right up to the tips of his scarlet red mohawk and resent the notion that I've concluded DM is innocent. So yes, I believe I did start offering up several/many alternative theories, including this one, right from the get-go on this case. I have tried to bring impartiality to the table by examining these various other scenarios.

While it would be silly to conclude that DM is innocent at this point, I absolutely defend his right to proclaim his innocence and insist that the evidence against him is full and accurate. We, the public, are his accusers, who will be represented by the prosecution at trial. Their abiity to present irrefutable evidence on my behalf, is threshold, imo. I'll never lie down my cudgel or close down my brain on this subject. I do not choose to endorse the idea that, given we have one fellow in custody charged with the crime, we don't need to spend much time seriously tracking down anybody else because this one will do. Lets all just pile on, destroy his life and make plans for the post-guillotine part-ay.

End of rant. Actually, a frustrating and somewhat tiresomely familiar rant for myself and, I perceive, several other like minded souls who stumbled upon this website during the past week or two. :banghead:

This isn't what I believe happened, but an option I believe could have happened. Maybe suspects 2 and 3 owed a debt to DM, and DM wanted a newer truck, so he told suspects 2 and 3 that he could consider eliminating their debt if they got him a newer truck, but he wanted a very specific truck. And he wanted to make sure the truck suspects 2 and 3 helped him get was the truck DM wanted. DM only thought suspects 2 and 3 would "steal" the truck from someone somehow, and DM went along with the plan/ruse of taking a truck for a test drive, planning on forcing the owner out on the side of the highway and driving off with the truck. Atleast that could have been all they had planned until TB refused to get out of the truck and suspects 2 and 3 escalated the theft of Tim's truck WAY beyond anything DM ever imagined. Suspects 2 and 3 had no idea of what to do next, so DM tried to help cover the whole thing up...

And now with DM in jail, if he spills the beans on suspects 2 and 3, LE will find out just how much DM is involved in other activities, and have many other more powerful people after him so DM would rather sit quietly in jail and hope the police don't find too much against him.

As more evidence comes forward, like the additional potential remains at the farm, the fact he even has an incinerator... it becomes less and less likely that DM wasn't directly involved in planning/executing the plan. And then there's the missing LB... if those additional remains at the farm aren't hers, but someone else... we need to find suspects 2 and 3 quickly.

'' It is the prosecution, not the defence, which by law decides if a statement can be heard at trial. Thus, in a real sense, what you say to the police can hurt you, but not help you."

Exactly...

I appreciate the 'Devil's Advocate' point of view but none of this holds much weight in what is generally known. The twist on legalese..which in 2 years or so will also frustrate me...is not grounded in how laws were written, or the original intent for the safety of the masses of civilians who are deserving of a peaceful existence. The truth does not always prevail...but when it doesn't, the Honorable among us call for changes to make sure it doesn't repeat. The laws were written for honorable people..dishonor finds ways to interpret it for their own game..this is not a game folks.

I appreciate the 'Devil's Advocate' point of view but none of this holds much weight in what is generally known. The twist on legalese..which in 2 years or so will also frustrate me...is not grounded in how laws were written, or the original intent for the safety of the masses of civilians who are deserving of a peaceful existence. The truth does not always prevail...but when it doesn't, the Honorable among us call for changes to make sure it doesn't repeat. The laws were written for honorable people..dishonor finds ways to interpret it for their own game..this is not a game folks.

I think you mean, generally speculated. What is known is not much. There was a murder, and there is someone charged with it. The actual details are unknown. Luckily we don't stone people on speculation anymore.

I think you mean, generally speculated. What is known is not much. There was a murder, and there is someone charged with it. The actual details are unknown. Luckily we don't stone people on speculation anymore.

Would you rather be safe...or be high-minded?

The more seemingly evident the guilt is the more vitally important it is to have a voice or voices advocating against a rush to judgement. So while I have no particular passion or enthusiam for doing it myself in this case, I really appreciate and respect that this side of things is being presented. It is a really hard role to play without frustration - I know as I've done it before in even more oppositional circumstances - but please know you're impotant in general to principles of justice and specifically appreciated in this case.

If you modify the theory a bit it can be more convincing. DM isn't the guy that wants the truck. His friend wants it and asked DM's help in finding a good one since he has one himself and knows the vehicle.

That could explain him not covering his tattoo and using his real phone because he was unaware of the full plot.

The fact they burned the body in one location then move it to DM's property looks like it could be a setup. Same with putting the stolen truck on another property associated with DM.

I don't necessarily buy this theory but also can't rule it out.

I was going to suggest this theory. (have on the other board). Entrusting DM goes along with the guy to evaluate it. Entrusting DM is used--his trailer is used, his property is used... IMGO In My Guessing Opinion

1. TB received a phone call--we only know it was from a phone under a bogus name [no proof to public of it being DM]

2. We know 2 guys showed up 9:30 pm and SB saw them and described them. We don't know if she has positively identified DM as the same person once he was arrested.

3. We don't know for sure if driver 2nd night had tattoo as I don't believe SB shared that. If she had shared that we would have had that information the first time she reported him missing. Driver second night might have been tattoo-less.

4. We don't know DM was in TB car unless they find DNA. If they find DNA of DM was it planted?

5. We don't know that DM burned anyone.

6. We don't know if DM drove the trailer with the truck in it to Kleinburg.

7. We do know DM didn't fly off somewhere to get away once the news was out.

4. We don't know DM was in TB car unless they find DNA. If they find DNA of DM was it planted?
<rsbm>

Fingerprints might be found though ... hard to plant those little devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro