Demi Moore Hospitalized For Substance Abuse

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Doing whip-its??? I haven't heard of that since I was 16!

Does doing whip-its cause all that weight loss? She really looks scary thin, but then maybe that was dieting for the current stars stuff going on. I noticed Angelina Jolie looking a bit to thin on t.v. the other day too, for the red carpet thing.

I don't know this lady, but it is time to pull it together. At her age, her body can't handle the abuse it could have in the twenty somethings, and, she needs to be a mom somewhere in there, not a competitor.

I believe she said it was Ashton who encouraged her to go on Twitter. She was reticent about it up until then, but he encouraged her to "just do it." Wrong decision, if you ask me. Maybe she'll discover her own good judgment now and do what feels right, not what some punk tells her is cool to do. I thought Ashton was a neat guy when he and Demi first fell in love and got married, but now I can't stand to look at him! I even thought the age difference wouldn't matter..... Putting one's life out there on Twitter (or Facebook) for the whole world to see just doesn't seem like a good idea. But I'm old-fashioned, I guess.

Doing whip-its??? I haven't heard of that since I was 16!

Does doing whip-its cause all that weight loss? She really looks scary thin, but then maybe that was dieting for the current stars stuff going on. I noticed Angelina Jolie looking a bit to thin on t.v. the other day too, for the red carpet thing.

I don't know this lady, but it is time to pull it together. At her age, her body can't handle the abuse it could have in the twenty somethings, and, she needs to be a mom somewhere in there, not a competitor.

bolded by me.

I'd never even heard of whip-its before! LOL. Shows you how old I am!!

I think she had lost weight without the whip-its. I did read once where someone walked into a powder room in an L.A. restaurant and Demi was in there, smoking (cigarettes). She must have felt embarassed because she told the person she had to smoke to keep her weight down. The point is, she is desperate to have a youthful weight/body and I'm sure her goal is not reasonable at her age.

Thank you robinparten! I absolutely agree with you. Yes, her humiliation is public but she's not being portrayed the bad person. Most people are saying poor Demi. Well, poor Demi is rich, she knew she was marrying a man almost as young as her children and that one day she would be too old for him (harsh but true). What about the women (including myself) that are nearing fifty, struggle financially, raised their kids ALONE (Bruce seems to be a good father and ex-husband)? There are many of us that don't resort to drugs, and acting like a rebellious teenager doing drugs.

I wish her well for the sake of her daughters. Grow up Demi.

You know, with this coming to light about Demi, who's to say that Ashton wasn't pushed over the edge by her behaviour and/or actions and that he left because she was whacked out of her mind...

I don't think we can take what the press says as "god given truth" but somewhere in-between I think...

Demi bugs me, she has bugged me for several years now. She simply does not act like a mature woman, what with twitter pics of her in bathing suits, dirty dancing with snoop dog, etc. I think it's not so much the collapse of her marriage that has gotten to her so much as the fact that she is getting older and she doesn't seem to want to accept that. I think her whole identity is wrapped up in her outer appearance and she is not going to be able to beat father time.

I wish for her kids' sake she would grow up and grow older gracefully. I think what bothers me most of all is the example she is setting for her daughters. I find it disgraceful.

While I do hope she recovers and gets well (body and mind), I have to say that I agree with you! It does appear that she is very wrapped up in her outer appearance. There is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself or having pride in the way you look, but it's not the most important thing in life! Youthful appearances fade. It's just a fact, and no amount of plastic surgery can fix that over time. The fact that she denies ever having any procedures bothers me because it's so obvious that she has. I can understand her not wanting to share that secret, but when she goes overboard in the denial and says she's all natural - well...sorry...not believable.

I hope that this is a wake up call for Demi and that she gets the help she needs. You have to be happy with yourself before you can ever expect to be in a happy, healthy relationship.

Wowza!

Some serious schadenfreude on this here thread!

At then end of the day, it's none of our business, but I will throw it out there that it looks to me as if she's become drug/alcohol abuse gaunt. Self-poisoning death-wish gaunt. The woman's a former drug addict, and she's again in great in pain. And it ain't pain about weight gain.

I don't disagree that some recent behaviors may have been indicative of this breakdown she's gone through. At least, we used to call it a "nervous breakdown". :rolleyes:

Perhaps she was completely devastated to discover that Ashton - the love of her life - the best stepdad to her girls, cheated on her ... perhaps they both had a long and painful year after that trying to decide what to do with the relationship/marriage, and now she's part way through a long and painful divorce process ... perhaps his transition has been faster and easier than hers and he's back on his professional feet ... perhaps she tried to do the same, keeping busy by signing for a movie (now un-signed)... but the pressure was too much.

Is her suffering and sickness about something as shallow as her looks? I'd have to disagree with that assessment.

And, I completely disagree with the assessment "that's what you get for marrying someone so much younger than you - you'll be too old for them soon and you should have know it." That's just offensive - the bar for marriage & expectations is a heck of a lot higher than that, IMO. A woman/man should be able to rely on his/her partner's honesty, faithfulness and commitment to the marriage - even when the skin wrinkles and the belly rolls and the going gets rough.

(Unless they marry Newt Gingrich, apparently.)

:cow: and just my :twocents:

Gonna show my substance stupidity here: wth is whip-it??

A whipped cream charger (also called whippits, whippets, nossies, or nangs) is a steel cylinder or cartridge filled with nitrous oxide (N2O) that is used as a whipping agent in a whipped cream dispenser. The nitrous oxide in whipped cream chargers is also used by recreational drug users as an inhalant for its psychoactive effects.
Wiki.

Wow. Okaaaay.

While I do hope she recovers and gets well (body and mind), I have to say that I agree with you! It does appear that she is very wrapped up in her outer appearance. There is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself or having pride in the way you look, but it's not the most important thing in life! Youthful appearances fade. It's just a fact, and no amount of plastic surgery can fix that over time. The fact that she denies ever having any procedures bothers me because it's so obvious that she has. I can understand her not wanting to share that secret, but when she goes overboard in the denial and says she's all natural - well...sorry...not believable.

I hope that this is a wake up call for Demi and that she gets the help she needs. You have to be happy with yourself before you can ever expect to be in a happy, healthy relationship.

bolded by me.

Years ago I read how she spent a lot of money getting her body transformed via plastic surgery, and she didn't deny it. I believe she did this to prepare for a part in a movie where she played a stripper--I think it was "Striptease". If you compare her face early on in her career and her face now, there is a big difference. But she also had major work done on the rest of her body.

ETA:I see what you are saying now, Gypsy Road--I guess she finally confessed in 2010 to having work done on herself. The article I read years ago may have been in a tabloid.

http://www.plasticsurgeryportal.com/articles/demi-moore-plastic-surgery-confession/140

Here's a link that shows her younger face and her current face: http://www.eonline.com/news/ask_the_answer_*****/does_demi_moores_plastic_surgery_denial/142010

I don't think the difference is accountable by aging and/or weight loss.

DemiMooreTookAdderallBeforeSeizureAndHospital

Demi Moore will be seeking treatment for anorexia and her substance abuse addictions, and RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that Adderall is the prescription drugs that she uses.

Demi Moore Took Adderall Too Before Her Seizure!

Demi has reportedly been starving herself, drinking energy drinks, and popping Adderall as a means to cope with all the personal strife she's struggling with.
http://perezhilton.com/2012-01-26-demi-moore-adderall-seizure/?from=top-headline

Gonna show my substance stupidity here: wth is whip-it??

i had to google it too...

i'd known about the phenomenon just didn't know what it was called... i used to serve drinks at a local establishment and many many times i'd grab a supposedly new can of whip cream (for hot chocolate or specialty coffees) and when pressed, nothing would come out... just the sound of an empty hissing. turns out several of my co-workers (adults out of college age-- many married with kids) would partake of the gas during their shifts. never had the urge to try it myself.

Years ago I read how she spent a lot of money getting her body transformed via plastic surgery, and she didn't deny it. I believe she did this to prepare for a part in a movie where she played a stripper--I think it was "Striptease". If you compare her face early on in her career and her face now, there is a big difference. But she also had major work done on the rest of her body.

i believe she got the implants for "striptease" but the other "work" was done for "charlie's angels" iirc. she looked a lot less soft and way more lean, tight and sculpted for the latter movie imo.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7DfRrUN2jA"]Demi Moore Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle Beach Scene - YouTube[/ame]

DemiMooreTookAdderallBeforeSeizureAndHospital

Demi Moore will be seeking treatment for anorexia and her substance abuse addictions, and RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that Adderall is the prescription drugs that she uses.

Demi Moore Took Adderall Too Before Her Seizure!

Demi has reportedly been starving herself, drinking energy drinks, and popping Adderall as a means to cope with all the personal strife she's struggling with.
http://perezhilton.com/2012-01-26-demi-moore-adderall-seizure/?from=top-headline

Adderall?! My sister in law takes that to stay focused (she has A.D.D.) and she says it keeps the weight off too! She's skinny as rail and doesn't look healthy (and is overly obsessed with being thin). This makes me want to read up on the drug more. I don't want my the same thing to happen to my SIL!

A lot of people abuse Adderall.

My BIL researched ADHD and went to the dr with his "symptoms" (that he made up) and got a prescription.

He's in rehab now for that and pain meds.

adderall makes a lot more sense...its a stimulant and is highly addictive from what i have read... i wonder if she really is adhd and takes it legitimately or ??? If this is the first seizure that shes had i hope it scared her enough to get help!

and in regard to ashton telling her to put her dirty laundry out on twitter & she actually did it ... i think demi just got punkd ... im sure him and his divorce atty are having a ball with that...

Just heard the 911 call on CNN. Caller told them Demi had smoked something like incense and started having convulsions.

Then a second person gets on the phone and she sounds very familiar.

I hope Demi gets through this without any more public displays of instability.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503
Back