The North remembers
Reaction score
View Yellow Notices

STEINAA, CAMILLA
yellownotice_big.png

Identity particulars
Family name: STEINAA
Forename: CAMILLA

Date of birth: 16/08/1961 (58 years old)
Place of birth: HUSUM, Denmark
Nationality: Denmark

Place of disappearance: North Zealand
Date of disappearance: 01/01/1987 (When 25 years old)

Distinguishing marks and characteristics: White spot on one of the front teeth. Tattoo on the ankle resembling an anchor. Light squinting.

Physical description
Height: 1.75 metres
Colour of hair: Brown

Details
Father's family name and forename: STEINAA, IB BERNHARD
Mother's family name and forename: SKJØDT, KIRSTEN
Language(s) spoken: Danish

---------------------------

Now, this is an interesting case. Danish broadcast has recently showed a documentary about the disappearance of Camilla Steinaa, and several good articles has been written in the aftermath, dealing with many details that makes the mp reports, like Interpol's, seem inadequate.

First of all, Steinaa's brother was the last to see her alive, but that was sometime in 1986. Her sister was the one who reported her missing, and that was in 1987, so I guess that the January 1st date is a default date. Anyway, even though she was reported missing at the time of her disappearance, the police would not actively search for her since there where no sign of foul play and she was an adult (how often have we in the Unidentified forum heard THAT before, amirite?? *sigh*). The family didn't understand the difference between the different kinds of investigation the various mp reports yielded and thought Steinaa was actively reported missing until 2010 when their father died and the siblings had to get a hold of Camilla due to inheritance. A new mp report was issued, so many sources refers to the 2010 date as the official date she was reported missing, not the original from 1987. Due to this, much information, like dates and important details, are forgotten and lost. The case had zero to none press back in the 80s.

Confused yet?

So, what happened back in the 1986?
Camilla is described as a "beautiful and fiercely intelligent woman" who was involved with the punk scene milieu in Copenhagen in the early 80s, and had an affair with a prominent poet who committed suicide in early 1986 (they had been broken up for years at that point).

In about 1985, Camilla started to change; she began to estrange herself from the punk milieu in Copenhagen and rented a summer cottage in Hornbæk. When she left, she owed half a month in rent, and she left a bill with a note stating she was sorry she didn't pay the full amount. She began to express a wish for what we today would call a more veganish lifestyle, free of technology, and live purely of the land. She also gave a friend a religious book called Fredens Evangelium ("Gospel of Peace") , where "divinity is represented in a vegetarian lifestyle, while the Devil is represented in eating meat".

Right before Camilla disappeared, she spent a great deal on dental treatment, 7000,- DKK, (which is about 14 000,- dkk in today's currency; roughly 2000,- USD today), but she never showed up to a remaining scheduled appointment.

What are the theories, then?
Camilla's siblings have not declared their sister dead, and her case has only just become an active mp case. I suppose the documentary will help spread the word out a bit. There was a segment in the documentary where a woman with great similarity to Camilla was approached by the TV team, but it turned out to be a blind lead.

So, did she break off contact with the world and is living her life in accordance to her beliefs, or did something more sinister happen to her?

CAMILLA%20STEINAA

Sources:
https://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2020...ar-tv-hold-finder-nye-spor-i-den-mystiske-sag

Forsvundet i 33 år: Nye oplysninger om Camilla-mysteriet

Disappeared in 33 years: New information on the Camilla-the mystery (in English)

Desaparecido en los últimos 33 años: Nueva información sobre la Camilla-el misterio News (in Spanish)

I can't help but to see the striking similarity between Camilla and "Jennifer Fergate", the Jane Doe discovered shot in Oslo Plaza in 1995. They both have history with expensive dentals, but I can't remember reading about JF having a tattoo (or scar from tattoo removal)? They are at different heights, though..

Jennifer Fergate's WS thread:
Norway - Oslo, WhtFemale, 20-30, Fake Name, shot in hotel room, Jun'95

Attachments

• camillasteinaa_jenniferfergate.png
    camillasteinaa_jenniferfergate.png
    672.6 KB · Views: 31
Thank you Ms Badcrumble.
I hope you don’t mind, but I wrote an email to the journalist who worked on this case for the news station TV2 with a link to this and to Jennifer Fergates WS thread.
I would think these two cases would have been compared in Skandinavia since there’s not many cases of missing young females and jane does.

Thank you, @Malene ! No, I don't mind; although I am flabbergasted by their striking resemblance, I'm still kinda skeptic due to the height difference (159 cm vs. 175 cm) and the tattoo information, but who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you, @Malene ! No, I don't mind; although I am flabbergasted by their striking resemblance, I'm still kinda skeptic due to the height difference (159 cm vs. 175 cm) and the tattoo information, but who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
but the dental!!! Right before Camilla disappeared, she spent a great deal on dental treatment, 7000,- DKK, (which is about 14 000,- dkk in today's currency; roughly 2000,- USD today), but she never showed up to a remaining scheduled appointment.

She had clothes labels removed, maybe she had tat removed previously ?

I think the 159cm height *may* be a mistake? I asked in the Norway UID thread if anyone knows if there is info on the clothing sizes/measurements? I know the tags were removed, but I thought at one point I saw something about it?

I find the fact that the german girl eyes are so blue isnt usually an hour after death they turn grey? And Camila I swear I saw her eyes described as grey , my grandmother had grey eyes they are unusual I haven't ever seen anyone else with grey eyes. That's why it stuck with me

But that photo looks brownish tinged her whole coloring looks different that the black and white dosen't it ? I don't know

It is possible the exposure in the film is different? I have some photos of myself from the early 70s where my hair, at least, appears very dark red, and I am actually strawberry blonde. It has never been "red red", but if those photos were ever shared of me, it could be confusing. Same with my eyes, they could be green, blue, or any light combination shade if pulling from old photos.

Blue or grey eyes with a gold ring maybe? They might appear brown-ish in a photo?

It is possible the exposure in the film is different? I have some photos of myself from the early 70s where my hair, at least, appears very dark red, and I am actually strawberry blonde. It has never been "red red", but if those photos were ever shared of me, it could be confusing. Same with my eyes, they could be green, blue, or any light combination shade if pulling from old photos.

Blue or grey eyes with a gold ring maybe? They might appear brown-ish in a photo?
: BBM YES and yes

but the dental!!! Right before Camilla disappeared, she spent a great deal on dental treatment, 7000,- DKK, (which is about 14 000,- dkk in today's currency; roughly 2000,- USD today), but she never showed up to a remaining scheduled appointment.

Have they compared dental records? A lot of dental work would make it easy.

<modsnip>

"An analysis of the C-13 carbon isotope indicates that the Plaza woman was of non-Scandinavian ethnicity" Denmark is eliminated.
and further...
1. Jennifer's teeth were carbon dated and put her age at most likely 24 when she died. That would have made her 16 in 1987! Camilla was 25 when she vanished on her way to Jutland Denmark.
2. Jennifer's height was carefully re-calculated to be between 160.8-161.8 cm (maximum 5'3") original Oslo police report had 159cm
Camilla was 175cm (5'7") not even close for margin of error *5cm
3.Camilla was Danish, Jennifer was more than likely German, specifically East German
(accent noticed by bilingual hotel employee) other things such as handwriting style may point to German schooling possibly in the former GDR which now makes a lot of sense since a lot East German records were purged by the Stasi in 1990.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back