*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the most troubling and bizarre comment for a mother to make to the media (of all people). Based on the quote reported by ABC News (which no audio has been released) it sounds like she knew her son was a ticking time bomb and did nothing about it.... I really hope this quote is debunked...

ABC News story with quotes they obtained from his mother: http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=16818889

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

Once they turn 18, as a parent, there's nothing you CAN do, is there? Which is heartbreaking in cases like adult-onset mental illness.

Here is the info on the Dark Knight Rises ads being pulled from television, from the Los Angeles Times: http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ds-dark-knight-rises-20120720,0,4533122.story

" Broadcast and cable channels across the country, including NBC, CBS and ESPN, scrambled Friday to remove advertising for "The Dark Knight Rises" following the tragic shooting at a late-night screening of the film in Colorado.

The advertisements were being pulled from national and local programs on broadcast and cable stations, according to people familiar with the matter but not authorized to speak publicly."

Additionally, Warner Brothers pulled a trailer of a gangster shooting up movie theatre, from Deadline:
http://m.deadline.com/2012/07/warne...ch-studio-didnt-take-down-until-i-complained/

My hubs works in master control for one of the 24 hour news network. He said last night was a nightmare, because they were covering the story, and the trailer was scheduled to run several times, and their policy is to pull things that could, in any way, be... you know?. He got home at 7am and his phone has been screaming all morning from the emails.

I wonder if he had been going to a range to practice shooting. I feel like he acted out a fantasy.

These shows were sold out. I think if he was a sharp shooter it would have been a whole lot worse. I think he just shot at random, many of the gunshots seem to be in hands, legs and even feet. I am very thankful the death toll was actually not higher. Imagine all those panicked people on their feet trying to squeeze out the doors. I hate this expression, but you don't have to be a great gunman to shoot fish in a barrel, this f'er used a shotgun too, so lots of scatter. I mourn the loss, and thank God for the living. Just so sad that is all I can say. I just read upthread that little six year old died, now that just eats my heart.

This is what separates us from the third world countries.

This is what separates us from the criminals themselves - a sense of control, order and due process instead of mass mayhem and vigilante justice.

Bottom line, this is also in part, what gives us our self-respect as well as the high standards and respect we impart to police officers. I shudder to think that in 2012, anyone would still be teaching their children that the Law is ours to take into our own hands. It's simply an archaic mindset.
Yes, fully agree. As John Adams wrote, "We are a government of laws and not of men." It's one of the founding principles of this country.

was he re-enacting the scene from the last Batman movie!?! the Dark Knight? remember in the opening bank robbery scene the Joker walks into the bank and starts throwing tear gas around and shoots his shotgun into the air. Just like this guy.... also....
- According to ABC News the suspect told police that he was the Batman character The Joker.

Once they turn 18, as a parent, there's nothing you CAN do, is there? Which is heartbreaking in cases like adult-onset mental illness.

Legally that's true but ethically and morally it couldn't be further from the truth.

Another source on the "dressed as Joker" statement:
---
A neighbour also reported that police, who were searching Holmes's apartment for explosives, asked him if he had seen 'a white guy with crazy hair, possibly dyed unnatural colors', the Denver Post said.
---
as quoted in Daily Mail, here

They are saying now that it was loud Techno music coming from his apt. His neighbors said it was very odd how it started and then just shut off. The neighbors were speculating that he was trying to lure someone there, I believe they are spot on....

Legally that's true but ethically and morally it couldn't be further from the truth.

Oh, I completely agree. If it were my kid, I'd probably kidnap him and deposit him at a hospital and go to jail gladly.

This mom may have tried and her hands were tied, though. I'm reserving judgement on her.

was he re-enacting the scene from the last Batman movie!?! the Dark Knight? remember in the opening bank robbery scene the Joker walks into the bank and starts throwing tear gas around and shoots his shotgun into the air. Just like this guy.... also....
- According to ABC News the suspect told police that he was the Batman character The Joker.

Nemo, I saw that report as well but the source of the info is NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly... The alleged Joker claim by the suspect being relayed to the public by the NYPD sounds highly suspect to be...

They are saying now that it was loud Techno music coming from his apt. His neighbors said it was very odd how it started and then just shut off. The neighbors were speculating that he was trying to lure someone there, I believe they are spot on....

I wonder if the explosives he'd set up were/are rigged to go off upon entry to the apartment, and that's what he was counting on? Either as a diversion from the theater, or just a higher body count?

I just googled Joker Techno music batman and came up with the same music on three different ones. I am not a batman fan, did the joker enter or have music associated with him in the movie?

AMC theaters say they are going to go on with the shows this weekend, but no one can wear masks or dress in costumes that make folks uncomfortable. I guess many were dressing for the movie in costume.

Could they also post LE there to do weapon searches, or is that legal or feasible in this situation?...we sure don't want another incident to happen!

Sounds logical SmoothOperator. Why would Holmes allow himself to be taken alive? This doesn't make sense to me...

My guess is he has a point to prove. He committed this heinous act to draw nation wide attention...he'll deliver his "message" or state his purpose to police and regardless of how crazy it may sound...it'll be written in history for ever.

So much grief, so much sadness. But this is my takeaway photo: it says, "We're Americans and we'll work this thing through, and we will see each other through it, together."

My mind keeps wandering to all the kids who went to bed MAD last night because their parents didn't allow them to attend the movie.

If he does get the death penalty it will be a long haul. One of the people on death row in Colorado, commited a mass murder of 4-5 people in Aurora back in 1993 or 1994. He is still alive.

Yep, Nathan Dunlap, the Chuckie Cheese killer. He'll never see the needle. I'm pretty sure he'll die of old age before he has his date set and finalized.

FWIW, I used to live north of Denver, but you couldn't pay me to live anywhere near Aurora then or now...

JMO, IMO, :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member