*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could they also post LE there to do weapon searches, or is that legal or feasible in this situation?...we sure don't want another incident to happen!

I think especially in major cities they are going to beef up security. But to search folks going to movies, sadly I don't think its feasible. IMHO

What is next in our crazy messed up world, searches to go shopping, to go to restaurant. I tell people all the time, you just never know when anymore. Yup I am on the paranoid side, diligent as heck, and omg a drill sgt. of a mom...lol. But just how far can we go in society to alter our lives to accommodate the crazies.

Update, they now say the missing serviceman is deceased. (the sailor's remains are in the theater)....:(

It is the most troubling and bizarre comment for a mother to make to the media (of all people). Based on the quote reported by ABC News (which no audio has been released) it sounds like she knew her son was a ticking time bomb and did nothing about it.... I really hope this quote is debunked...

ABC News story with quotes they obtained from his mother: http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=16818889

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

This CBS news article says his mother is a nurse.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...adly-mass-shooting-at-colorado-movie-theater/

It could be that, given her education and experience, she knew he had mental problems, but couldn't get him to take meds or deal with the situation properly. He's old enough that no one can legally lforce him to take meds/treatment unless he does something drastic. She may have known he was having problems, but was unable to do anything about it.

Another report I just saw said he told authorities he was the joker. that would explain the booby traps at his house. in the dark Knight the Joker rigs the hospital to explode

Red flags should go up when someone is buying alot of guns in a short period of time.

I just googled Joker Techno music batman and came up with the same music on three different ones. I am not a batman fan, did the joker enter or have music associated with him in the movie?

The Joker in the first Batman movie, always had music with him. In comics, he liked to make a grand entrance in doing anything -and in a silly dark fashion. You never knew what he was going to do.

In Dark Knight, the character likes to "do it big" but is more strategic with dark messages to his victims -he talks a lot and is threatening -not silly. Intelligent and sadistic, socio-turned-psychopath.

I think especially in major cities they are going to beef up security. But to search folks going to movies, sadly I don't think its feasible. IMHO

What is next in our crazy messed up world, searches to go shopping, to go to restaurant. I tell people all the time, you just never know when anymore. Yup I am on the paranoid side, diligent as heck, and omg a drill sgt. of a mom...lol. But just how far can we go in society to alter our lives to accommodate the crazies.

Update, they now say the missing serviceman is deceased. (the sailor's remains are in the theater)....:(

At times I think that, "Paranoia is complete utter awareness". That is in situations of being safe. Not the paranoia that causes one to harm others.

Another report I just saw said he told authorities he was the joker. that would explain the booby traps at his house. in the dark Knight the Joker rigs the hospital to explode

All the Joker reports can be attributed to NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly (I just checked Nexis Lexis to confirm)...

Just seems odd that Ray Kelly is the source....

not sure but it's possible. because there were a lot of reviews for the movie before it was officially released.

Curious: If he, according to the Associated Press, is not cooperating with police why would he have shared the info able his residence being booby trapped?

Curious: If he, according to the Associated Press, is not cooperating with police why would he have shared the info able his residence being booby trapped?

I was thinking maybe he told them because he figured in all that time that the music was playing that someone would have tripped the booby trap already so it didnt matter that he told them.

During the night, I was listening to Coast to Coast AM on my computer because my local radio station was off for a while. Just after 3am (CT) someone called Coast to Coast to tell them about the shooting. The host made an announcement but said it was unconfirmed. I turned on the TV and none of the news shows said anything about it. I don't have cable, so depend on the networks. It took quite a while before ABC news said anything - a good 30 minutes or more. Then they ran with it, no commercials, just shocked and stunned coverage.

I just heard the shooter was an honor student in school. Interesting.

His apartment is booby trapped and the "bombs" contain some sort of liquid, according to radio news.

Unbelievable.

On a local level, we're being bombarded with rain, heavy flooding, lightning and power outages, so it's a very busy news day.

That part was a game to him. And if he is delusional to thinking he is The Joker, it would fit. The Joker was a doctor himself, thus he drove Doctor Harleen Francis Quinzel (his Psychiatrist, while kept in isolation/prison) into becoming Harley Quinn (who became mad and madly in love with him). Holmes was a med student; it fits the delusion.

My guess is he has a point to prove. He committed this heinous act to draw nation wide attention...he'll deliver his "message" or state his purpose to police and regardless of how crazy it may sound...it'll be written in history for ever.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jul/20/dark-knight-rises-shooting-suspects-home-and-belon-ar-4173342/

Miller said the shooter likely wanted his story to be told. "He certainly was caught and he was caught because he intended to be caught," Miller said. "He had ample opportunity to go away. He literally had a smoke screen to disappear into and he chose to be in the parking lot in the police response when he was captured. At least that's the information we see now. That tells us something, which is he didn't want to kill himself. And he probably wants his story to be told."

Red flags should go up when someone is buying alot of guns in a short period of time.

They generally do, every state has different laws but in my state if you buy more than 6 guns in a 6 months period FROM THE SAME GUN SHOP they are supposed to report the purchases to the ATF. But if you go to 5 different gun shops and buy them there isnt much they can do.

We have a 3 minute background check, thats all it takes to get a gun here, you say you want the gun they call a number and do a quick background check if nothing comes up you have the gun and out the door in about 3 minutes.

We have NO license no permits no nothing, ANYONE over 18 who is not a convicted criminal or being treated for mental illness can own and carry a gun CONCEALED. No paperwork no nothing. I am not complaining, I like that of course but sometimes the guns do fall in to the wrong hands, se FAST AND FURIOUS (not the film, a legal case nicknamed such) for one case here in Arizona where such things happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC