*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, gun control might impact murder rates. suicide, but rampage killers, serial killers etc. are going to be able to get their hands on what they want.

It’s, currently against the law to have crack, drive over the speed limit, be a prostitute, shoplift, and rob banks. Do people have crack, speed, and prostitute themselves, shoplift and rob banks sure - so all this nonsense that if there were laws againist assault weapons Thursday might not have happened - kinda silly.
And breaking now - the automatic jammed - so let’s pretend the law on the books -- no assault weapons - well he hit 70 with a rifle

Well it appears it's not a problem for anyone wanting to purchase bomb making materials. All they need is a credit card and an address and voila!

Is that how McVeigh got his stuff? What about the Columbine killers?

From this site:
http://acolumbinesite.com/after/1999.html

Columbine:
Robyn K. Anderson, friend of Dylan's, purchased two shotguns and a 9mm rifle for the shooters, which were later used in the assault. No formal charges were brought against her as she testified that she didn't know that they would be used in a murder spree when she gave them to Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.

Philip Duran, a graduate of Columbine who worked at Blackjack Pizza with Dylan and Eric, intro'd the shooters to Mark so they could get the gun. His younger siblings were at in the school during the shootings. He later pleaded guilty to charges for doing just that and willingly accepted a 4 1/2 year prison sentence in 2000. He was parolled after 3 1/2 years

Mark Manes was arrested for selling a TEC-DC9 semi-automatic handgun to the shooters (for $500). He was sentenced to six years in prison, four months after the shootings. He served about 19 months before he was released to a halfway house. He was released in 2002 under electronic monitor and been denied parole three times

This shocks me and perhaps there needs to be some sort of tracking system in place when someone orders an unusual amount of hazardous materials.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-07-21/...ing_1_apartment-grief-counselors-local-police

His guns were apparently purchased legally and my understanding is they do a thorough background check (??) But what about destructive hazardous materials? Anyone can purchase this stuff online without being questioned?

Mind boggling.
Society tries to keep track of sinus medicine, terrorists, car theives, missing children, sex offenders, peoples income, credit useage etc etc. another list, another 450 hours of legislation preparation etc is not IMO, gonna change a whole lot!

Society tries to keep track of sinus medicine, terrorists, car theives, missing children, sex offenders, peoples income, credit useage etc etc. another list, another 450 hours of legislation preparation etc is not IMO, gonna change a whole lot!
Or he uses an alias........

I live in a State that is tight on gun control, and ever tightening. However, somehow, people still get guns illegally. I don't know how.

I used to work for a Greek man who once said, "America should ban all guns. In Greece, no guns, only knives." Well, that at least gives you a fighting chance. You can kick someone in the groin if they have a knife. (Clearly he was talking about a time in Greece when he grew up, not now.)

I don't know what can be done, but I would like to see a lot less guns, especially in the hands of young ones. We have a lot of gun related murders here, and you guessed it, young and under privileged are the gun toting murderers. (Not forgetting the domestic violence gun users.) How do the underage and street wise get them?

CARIIS, I didn't know his father hired an attorney. I thought he was appointed a public defender according to the media.

Aurora shooting suspect appointed public defender

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57477305/aurora-shooting-suspect-appointed-public-defender/

My understanding is he has a 19 year old sister but that is what I read on here somewhere (sorry no link to back that up so please take it as unconfirmed for now).

If his parents were funding his schooling, they may have become aware of his withdrawal from the program in June. There are reports that he spent a lot of time playing online video games.....perhaps some were virtual reality games where he played out his fantasy role as "the joker" (??).

IMO, there are some serious mental health issues with JH. What those are, I can't even begin to speculate. First thought was schizophrenia but IDK.

He is an adult who was paid by a training grant. Therefore his parents would not need to fund his schooling. And I've seen nothing to suggest anyone noticed any mental health issues with this guy. Loughner supposedly had paranoid schizophrenia, and a lot of people noticed he behaved strangely. All people can say about JH is that he was quiet and kept to himself.

Anyone ever google bomb making? It's not that hard to get the needed materials locally, and paying cash. Not expensive either, but you could get an "advance" cash payment through your credit card if you had no cash and head out to different stores.

ETA: This is knowledge learned from other bombing cases, I do not look up how to make bombs, lol!

Not sure if this was posted earlier, but there's a screenshot of his Match.com posting. It was taken down quickly, but captured by TMZ (of course!).

www.tmz.com

Just thinking...maybe his academic problems correlate directly to all the time he was spending planning this...
Holmes had recently withdrawn from a competitive graduate program in neuroscience at the University of Colorado Denver, where he was one of six students at the school to get National Institutes of Health grant money. He recently took an intense three-part, oral exam that marks the end of the first year of the four-year program there, but university officials would not say if he passed, citing privacy concerns. The university said Holmes gave no reason for his withdrawal, a decision he made in June.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...Tpmnow?docId=ae369e22703b4160b414e1df95ad2003

To me, it seems like these online accounts he created were all part of his grand scheme and how he would be portrayed after the "event." They all show his red hair and real name (why on earth would you use your real name on Adult Friend Finder?). Just goes back to his months of planning and this was one of the steps involved.

Not sure if this was posted earlier, but there's a screenshot of his Match.com posting. It was taken down quickly, but captured by TMZ (of course!).

www.tmz.com

The height on this listing is 5 '11". I don't think he was 6' 3". Men don't usually make themselves shorter when posting on websites such as Match.com. If anything they would add to their height.

Well who CAN'T map the neurons of zebra finches.......lol

Just what we need .........a MENSA level psycho.

C'mon wouldn't you :floorlaugh: Thanks for the much needed laugh.

To me, it seems like these online accounts he created were all part of his grand scheme and how he would be portrayed after the "event." They all show his red hair and real name (why on earth would you use your real name on Adult Friend Finder?). Just goes back to his months of planning and this was one of the steps involved.

Well, if he envisioned himself becoming famous, he could have had expectations that women were finally going to notice him. Therefore "will you visit me in prison?" It's not unreasonable expectations, as we all know there are women who contact infamous people in prisons.

He is an adult who was paid by a training grant. Therefore his parents would not need to fund his schooling. And I've seen nothing to suggest anyone noticed any mental health issues with this guy. Loughner supposedly had paranoid schizophrenia, and a lot of people noticed he behaved strangely. All people can say about JH is that he was quiet and kept to himself.
IMO, we know nothing about him. A psyc history will emerge. IMO, we all need to remember we are in weekend mode as far as "news" goes! SO basically mainstream media (the big guns) only had Friday to start gathering stuff.

I hope this week we will start to get a lot more family history stuff, and details about Holmes.
All we really know is :name age place of residence just basics !
IMO, we need a much more layered history.

IMO, we know nothing about him. A psyc history will emerge. IMO, we all need to remember we are in weekend mode as far as "news" goes! SO basically mainstream media (the big guns) only had Friday to start gathering stuff.

I hope this week we will start to get a lot more family history stuff, and details about Holmes.
All we really know is :name age place of residence just basics !
IMO, we need a much more layered history.

I don't believe any psych history is going to emerge. I don't understand the idea that anyone committing some crime just has to be mentally ill.
<modsnip>

What exactly was the hazardous materials he bought?

There are many, many things that alone, are not dangerous or hazardous....but mixed with something else become dangerous. It's not hard to search around and find out how to make a common household items hazardous. By all accounts, the guy was smart. He was in the science field. He knew chemistry pretty well then.

You know what I carry hidden in my car for protection...........Easy off oven cleaner. I use to work in a cov. store and I kept a can of it behind the counter. My mgr. use to laugh at me about that. He told me it wouldn't work. I told him "all women that have used easy off know FOR SURE it would cause some serious pain"

The height on this listing is 5 '11". I don't think he was 6' 3". Men don't usually make themselves shorter when posting on websites such as Match.com. If anything they would add to their height.

Yes, that's true. They also don't advertise the length of their privates as "short/average" like he did on AFF.

this may get me flamed to high heavens but i must say it anyway.

my heart bleeds not only for the victims, for the shooters parents, but also for this suspect himself.

i do not believe he is evil. i believe he was ill and bc of his age, he fell through the cracks. my heart just absolutely shatters over this.

not until we care more for each other, and less about the lining of our own pockets, will we ever change this world for the better. gut wrenching. just absolutely gut wrenching.

Altho i hold a differing opinion I totally respect your right to voice your's and always open to reading and considering. That's what makes this board so great. No flames here.

haha, I think he also list his uh "endowment size" on there to. I think he listed short/average.:what:

Yes, that's true. They also don't advertise the length of their privates as "short/average" like he did on AFF.

Maybe he is more honest than most, or somebody else posted those. But I really don't think he is 6'3" based on his photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jh241d