*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he have to be delusional and why could it not be bipolar?
CLARIFY-I personally don't think that he is at this point, I was just using that as an example of one mental illness that can be misunderstood.

ETA: I know someone with bipolar I that had the exact same reaction to risperdal as you did. ASAMOF, pot brings on psychosis for this person.

Because unless they've updated the criteria since I was diagnosed, the only delusions in bipolar is delusions of grandeur.

Honestly, to me, he seems like he just decided it would be really neat to kill people. The fact that he is alive usually doesn't happen in these cases, so I guess authorities really get to see what the truth is now.

Marijuana has never brought on psychosis for me. A particular strong edible did once give me a seizure.

But, there are MANY different strains of marijuana that can mimic the sensations and chemical responses of any recreational drug you can think of.

My point is, they do diagnose a lot more people, whereas previously those same people would not be diagnosed as autistic. Obviously that would lead to "explosion" in autism.

And my point is that autism is much more a disease of the gastrointestinal tract and is caused much more by what we eat nowadays. (i.e. the antibiotics and chemicals put into our food)

I wish there was a system to red flag the type of orders he placed.

That is definitely one of my concerns.

What legitimate purpose with so much ammunition in this timeline, in addition to the body armor he purchased?

:waitasec:

MOO

Because unless they've updated the criteria since I was diagnosed, the only delusions in bipolar is delusions of grandeur.

Honestly, to me, he seems like he just decided it would be really neat to kill people. The fact that he is alive usually doesn't happen in these cases, so I guess authorities really get to see what the truth is now.

Marijuana has never brought on psychosis for me. A particular strong edible did once give me a seizure.

But, there are MANY different strains of marijuana that can mimic the sensations and chemical responses of any recreational drug you can think of.
But I am not suggesting he was delusional? I am only suggesting it is possible he is mentally ill and used bipolar as an example of a mental illness that may not be recognized by many people.

3/4 of lifetime mental illnesses start by the age of 24.
NAMI Fact Sheet

again-not making the case for mental illness-just trying to demonstrate that is is still a possibility.

What legitimate purpose with so much ammunition in this timeline, in addition to the body armor he purchased?

MOO

And why should it be legal to purchase to begin with? Why does a regular person needs an assault rifle? Of course none of our politicians want to touch gun control with a ten feet pole, but these type of mass murders will continue to regularly happen since we allow any regular Joe to go to the gun store and buy an assault rifle, and enough ammunition to kill thousands.

MOO

It is very easy to go to a gun range and fire hundreds of rounds in less than an hour. My boyfriend and I do it regularly. Never once have I shot anything but a target. (He was in the Army in Iraq, so he has shot something other than a target. But, not as a civilian.) Should we be investigated every week when we go buy our ammo? What about the thousands (millions?) of other people who do the same?

But I am not suggesting he was delusional? I am only suggesting it is possible he is mentally ill and used bipolar as an example of a mental illness that may not be recognized by many people.

3/4 of lifetime mental illnesses start by the age of 24.
NAMI Fact Sheet

again-not making the case for mental illness-just trying to demonstrate that is is still a possibility.

I agree that mental illness is a possibility, but I'd see it more as schizophrenia as being the biggest possibility.

Another thing is that being highly intelligent, you can learn how to really "control" your disease so that other people don't easily notice.

MOO

For sure. I'm surprised there isn't something in place. Given the concerns for terrorism. Would hate to think these guys would now just order over the internet to stay under the radar.

And why should it be legal to purchase to begin with? Why does a regular person needs an assault rifle? Of course none of our politicians want to touch gun control with a ten feet pole, but these type of mass murders will continue to regularly happen since we allow any regular Joe to go to the gun store and buy an assault rifle, and enough ammunition to kill thousands.

Because if we have no way to protect ourselves from the government, they can do whatever they want, and we are helpless to stop them.

Because if we have no way to protect ourselves from the government, they can do whatever they want, and we are helpless to stop them.

How do we protect ourselves from some nut with an assault rifle who wants to kill as many people as possible?

And people say it is crazy, but zombies anyone? Seriously, you don't know what is going to happen in the future and so it is best to be prepared to defend your family by yourself. That is the reason you cannot take away a person's right to bear arms or buy a ton of ammo.

How do we protect ourselves from some nut with an assault rifle who wants to kill as many people as possible?

Better screening processes when a person is applying to purchase a firearm. Maybe institute a mandatory waiting period. Right now, some people, me being one, can go into a store and purchase a gun the same day I apply.

And do you know that the application only ASKS if you have ever been hospitalized for a mental illness? No verification. Just a question on a form.

It is very easy to go to a gun range and fire hundreds of rounds in less than an hour. My boyfriend and I do it regularly. Never once have I shot anything but a target. (He was in the Army in Iraq, so he has shot something other than a target. But, not as a civilian.) Should we be investigated every week when we go buy our ammo? What about the thousands (millions?) of other people who do the same?

No but some control could be in place. Mass amounts of ammo could be sold at the range where people are using it in a controlled enviroment. Could a system not be in place where it's entered into a computer if somebody attempts to purchase mass amounts from a store. Even over time? Not perfect idea but it's something.

I really wish I knew more about the Batman movies to put all this in perspective. But I have never seen one.

I am terrified of clowns :blushing: and to me, the Joker is a clown. So I avoid the movies. (I know some people say the Joker isn't a clown....but to me he is.)

And, having listened to the audio of the call, I must say that the department responded quite well, all things considered. The dispatchers did an especially well. (And they often don't get enough credit, in my opinion.)
I dont think it matters what the movie was about. I did see the first one, but it did nt cause for me to kill a fly let alone a perso.
Movies do not cause. If they infuence someone in a negtive wy - that person was off kilter to begine with.

You have the right man, says mother
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/worl...721-22gy1.html
His pictures are allways a red flag... look at them.

No but some control could be in place. Mass amounts of ammo could be sold at the range where people are using it in a controlled enviroment. Could a system not be in place where it's entered into a computer if somebody attempts to purchase mass amounts from a store. Even over time? Not perfect idea but it's something.

It is sold there, but it is double the price it would be at say, Wal-Mart. I'm not going to pay a ton of money for ammo that I am shooting into a piece of paper. The expensive ammo, that is saved for protection.

And I am quite sure that "system" would not work. As I stated, we buy hundreds of rounds each week. I am sure thousands, if not millions, of other responsible gun owners do as well. What about hunters? They buy a ton of ammo.

One person chooses the wrong thing and everyone should be punished? It doesn't work in elementary school and it doesn't work in the real world.

I hope his Family can shed some light as to any recent changes in him. Or anyone that had some regular contact. Perhaps they are as stumped as we are. I dunno. If the report is true that he is showing no sign of any remorse in Jail. At all. Then i wonder is he simply a very bright,evil, psychopath :moo:

I was told he had not had much contact with his family for about the past year.

I find the topic very interesting. Psychotropic drugs tend to alter time perception, even pot can. In one photo of Holmes from the adultfinder site, he looks very stoned. His eyes are slits and very different from the 'silver dollar' look as described by the guy at the gun store. I think there was some self-experimentation going on. Other things that can seriously affect time perception are things like ceremonial fasting and some Native cultural ceremonies like sweatlodge, isolation, and some mental illnesses. JMO

Really interesting about the presentation he gave about temporal illusions. I remember reading somewhere yesterday that JH would spend a lot of time online with RPG's (role playing games). Does anyone know if there are any RPG's that are specifically related to Batman? Back in the day, I was into vampire RPG's - in fact, my name 'Reannan' is the name I used as my favorite vampire character. It was a fabulous experience, and to this very day, I feel a deep association with my "Reannan" character - she IS me.... I remember when I was playing that personality traits and idiosyncracies from my Reannan character would bleed over into everyday life. It worked great for me..... I was a manager in my professional life, and my boss would call me into his office to complain about something. I would consciously/subconsciously 'become' Reannan because she did not put up with that crap! I would throw my arm over the back of the chair, assume a sultry (Catwoman-like) persona, and think to myself "You silly mortal". It was honestly a GREAT way to cope with stress and issues. I remember back then, thinking that it would be really easy to totally succumb to the character you created, and a reality that only existed in your own mind. I often had discussions with family and friends who 'just didn't get' what I was into about this very topic. I don't have time for RPG's now (I found Websleuths.... :rocker:), but there is GREAT power in the mind of creative, intelligent people, and with a bit of instability, and a lack of significant real-life people/events, thrown into the mix, I can certainly see where someone immersed in a fantasy world, would carry it over into RL (Real Life). Sorry for the long post, but I felt it pertinent to what we are discussing, and this very disturbing and perplexing case. None of this excuses what JH did. In fact, I would be willing to bet he has always been somewhat of a jerk, whether in RL or in his created persona.

Very good point. Have known gun enthusiasts, and 600 rounds is not a 'gigantic' quantity. Was at a professionals office the other week, and he had easily 600 rounds on his desk (retired State Trooper) and was on his way to shooting range after work.

I think the people who work at gun stores should receive a lot more training. I think they should receive training to recognize the signs of a mental illness or psychologically disturbed person and I think that the people selling the weapons should be able to deny someone based on their impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski