*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANy ideas of search term ---its bugging me --- I want to know how many seats were in number 9?
searches I am trying did nto work - notions anyone?

Its just bugging me.............capacity of that house !

I was trying to find this out, but I'm not seeing it anywhere either. I did come across this. It's an interesting blog/statement about theater procedures/exit door alarms, written by Elizabeth McClung, a former cineplex employee.

http://elizabethmcclung.blogspot.com/2012/07/batman-aurora-shooting-why-did.html

She says, " In the same way, if there is a raging fire in screen 5, you don’t want screen 4 and 6 to keep watching their film as the fire grows, that is why the automatic evacuation alarm sends out an automated message. Once the alarm is triggered, the entire multiplex evacuates, and yes it may cost a few bucks but it is better than loss of life. When the alarm occurs, the message comes over the speakers, the film projection is cut, the exit is lit and the audience is informed to proceed to the evacuation point – which is where the staff should be leading them. A few staff then check each screen, each toilet, and under the front ‘masking’ of the screen to ensure the building is evacuated.

So when “Eyewitnesses say bullets from the shooting in theatre nine passed through the theatre walls into adjacent screens, injuring people there also.” (source) It is the exact opposite of what is supposed to happen.

Why did it? Only Cinemark can answer why the fire exit either had no alarm, or the alarm was not checked. I am guessing, from talks with managers and staff in recent trips to the cinema that the building was extremely understaffed."

Grant money is a stipend. It was intended for him to pay his living expenses.
If all he wanted is some relatively small amount to buy his guns, he could have stuck working at McDonalds.

I realize it's purpose, but in paying a student's living expenses, it would allow them to further their studies without having to work. Spending so much of it on the guns, ammunition and tactical gear, I don't believe he ever intended to further his education when he began purchasing the guns and putting his plan in motion.

Basically just restating my belief that the failure at the university didn't cause him to devolve into a mass killer but rather that his plan to be a mass killer took priority over his education.

MOO

"It's possible," she said when asked if Holmes' behavior could be all an act. "It is possible. We'll leave that open," she said, adding that most people who lie about that sort of behavior are sociopaths and "What we've heard about his history does not suggest sociopath at all."

"Let's keep that in mind that he was studying neuroscience. He was studying exactly the type of brain issues that we're going to be talking about throughout this whole case," she said

Gosh...most people lie about crazy behavior after committing mass murder are sociopaths? Wow. She is obviously a genius, give the lady an honorary Doctorate Degree!

I know this probalby off topic

Last night I was out late, My husband is working double shifts this week. we went to have dinner with him and me and my son stopped at McDonalds for ice cream and we went to the grocery store, He asked for gravy and biscuits in the morning. I needed bacon. It was about midnight. If something crazy happens, are people going to say i should not have had my 8 year son out at this time . My heart right now is with the 6 year olds mother fighting for her life and all the bad messages she will have to read about having her 6 year out that night.

we should not have to worry about crazy people, shooting can happen anywhere.
sorry that has been on my mind all day

I have the right to take my son to the midnight movie if i want to.
sorry again

I agree with you, it is disturbing to hear people say why did she have a 6 year old out that late or why did they have a baby and a 4 yr old out. I don't see it that way these are parents who obviously cared, they didnt leave the kids home alone and they did what caring parents do take there kids with them trying to protect them and thinking they are gonna be safe and have a good time. No reason for anyone to be accusing them of bad parenting, if people want to accuse they need to be looking at the person who did it!

I know this case is on all our minds.

I am going to try hard to take some time away...

not much will happen before Monday.
we have gone in circles over and over.

:seeya::seeya: good night

BBM

Agree. The planning was too calculated and methodical for him to be suffering some type of psychotic break. Could it be he purposefully advanced his academics to the point where he would receive a grant with which to fund his "plan", and studied enough to be able to try to convincingly fake insanity?

MOO
Do you really think that someone who is mentally ill can't plan? :what:

How is that he is supposedly spitting in jail, yet in court he was sitting so meekly not spitting at anyone?

Here's what we know to be fact: He surrendered "without any significant incident" according to the Chief of Police. He looked dazed in his booking photo. And he was "sitting so meekly" in his court appearance.

Perhaps the reports of him spitting and making hand puppets out of evidence bags are embellishments.

I just had a fond memory of the old days when I had more trust of others and would go to a movie, the donut shop, the school, you know out there in a world to enjoy. Each crime like this takes something away from us, IMO. I'm sure some of us are suffering from PTSD from hearing the victims' experiences. Answers to why will be slow coming. Yes, we'll all need to take a break once in awhile.

Re: theater 9.. I have been personally extremely interested to see the interior of this theater and thus far have been unable to find even a blue print, diagram, or even similar theater image to give us an idea of the theater.. I know that it was equipped with an actual second floor balcony of seating and that it was at full capacity that night.. I'm very confused however due to certain descriptions from witnesses/victims about the multiple different exits.. Even some of the patrons were actually shocked that where they chose to run to actually there was also a set of exit doors that they didn't even know existed until they were bursting through them in attempting to get out of the theater..

So, IMO it's a very interesting aspect that I feel many are likely interested to see.. So I'll again ask does anyone know where we might find blue prints, diagrams, images, etc of the actual layout of this particular theater 9??.. And I'd assume that with it being a nationwide chain of theaters that many locations would be built from the exact same blueprints therefor we wouldnt necessarily have to have an image or blue print or this actual theater but rather any theater that is designed from this same 2 tier Cinemark theater blue print..

Anyone know??

Exactly. I don't believe he ever intended to use the grant money for what it was intended, but rather it was a means to his end purpose.

MOO

You know this how? Does it matter? We can't predict abmornal behavior, no matter how hard we try. Place blame? Really? When you come up with the formula, let everyone know. jmo

We are all trying really hard to figure this one out. :waitasec:

To witness someone in a manic state planning is nothing short of amazing. They can make the world's most audacious, detailed, and doomed plans, and they can do it days on end without sleep.

I am bipolar... Axis 2... And while normally I would not and have not in my many years of WS acknowledged this, I feel that the talk of MI with participial individual is unfounded. JH KNEW what he was doing.... PERIOD! I was tested at the young age of 10 for my IQ. I was posted in the range of 132. It was a fluk I was tested that young. My uncles girlfriend was in a class that needed a young subject and tada, I was the youngest in the family!

Adopted or not, this man, even if we find out he had a high IQ, is in no way excused for his actions!

I have felt bitter before because I couldn't find a job. I have felt bitter before because the people around me didn't understand me! I have been angry because I KNEW I was better then what I had done with my life. I have never killed anyone because of that.

YET, I can still relate to his anger, his bitterness. I know what it feels like to fail when everyone around you tells you how great you COULD be. Potential is a deadly world. It can make or break a person.

This man took his anger and bitterness to the extreme. He was SHALLOW enough and PRIDEFUL enough to think he was better and smarter then anyone else. He wanted to prove it. To a degree, he might have. If people blame this on MI, JH has won.

Blame the crazy people! Blame those who have struggles, fought and sometimes WON despite their illness.

Blames those who haven't! That is what JH wants you to do. If you don't he might actually have to account for his actions.

I do believe someone suffering a psychotic break can't plan ahead but rather reacts on impulse. If the apartment weren't booby-trapped, and if he hadn't started purchasing the guns four months ago I may feel differently.

Again, just my opinion.

Meanwhile will continue to pray for the victims and their families tonight........
:prayer:

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, as I previously posted a link to, prohibits schools from disclosing certain educational records to anyone but the student absent a court order.

The school doesn't want faculty talking to anyone because they would be violating FEDERAL LAW if they did. There is no cover-up here that I can see.

oh my god. this is getting ridiculous now. seriously.

do we want to live in nazi america where if we look or appear strange to someone they call LE on us for psych evaluations and we are forced to undergo them????? do some people here realize what is being proposed??? i find this alarming!

i guarantee if some here saw me on the street you would judge me harshly because i have tattoos and sometimes have pink highlights in my hair (gasp) and i wear a lot of black (gasp...doesnt that mean im evil??)...and because i may not look at anyone or smile or acknowledge anyone while out in public because of things on my mind or im having a bad day or because of this or that...and because id rather stay home then be out and about, i may be labeled as a recluse or withdrawn....i would be judged as in need of mental psych evaul and LE coming to my rescue!!

i bet in person i dont look like someone who maintains near a 4.0 while obtaining 2 degrees at once, one being a science and the other with an emphasis on law and US intelligence....having a career in law enforcement and being able to pass ANY background check thrown at me...and i bet some would want to call LE on me because one semester i was in and out of the ER and having surgeries due to kidney stones and my grades for that semester plummeted...but nobody in my class knew because i dont share private personal stuff about me w/ strangers!

and god forbid someone call my parents because of that ^^^ stuff not only would i be locked up by LE AND committed to a psych ward but my super religious parents would throw me into a convent!!:jail:

i have a friend (and adult) who has aspergers and he can appear "strange" to many he comes in contact with...its just fact he does not always behave like a person who doesn't have it....he is very smart, no mental issues (such as we are discussing here) and would never hurt a fly.....i feel sorry for him that there are people out there ready to call LE on him because he may seem "strange".....

again....we need to take the blame off of OTHERS and lay all the blame on the person who committed this act.....HE is responsible for his actions...not his college or some random gun shop owner who voiced an opinion AFTER the fact (hmmmm maybe he wanted some free advertising...maybe he is taking advantage of the situation and trying to get his 15min of fame!).....

what if i see members here who i find strange and maybe "off"....should i contact authorities and have you investigated??? i mean, where do we draw the line on intruding on other people's lives because we feel uncomfortable? maybe we are the problem, not them....maybe it is ourself w/ the mental issue and not that person whom we find strange.......

/rant

:waitasec:

I am bipolar... Axis 2... And while normally I would not and have not in my many years of WS acknowledged this, I feel that the talk of MI with participial individual is unfounded. JH KNEW what he was doing.... PERIOD! I was tested at the young age of 10 for my IQ. I was posted in the range of 132. It was a fluk I was tested that young. My uncles girlfriend was in a class that needed a young subject and tada, I was the youngest in the family!

Adopted or not, this man, even if we find out he had a high IQ, is in no way excused for his actions!

I have felt bitter before because I couldn't find a job. I have felt bitter before because the people around me didn't understand me! I have been angry because I KNEW I was better then what I had done with my life. I have never killed anyone because of that.

YET, I can still relate to his anger, his bitterness. I know what it feels like to fail when everyone around you tells you how great you COULD be. Potential is a deadly world. It can make or break a person.

This man took his anger and bitterness to the extreme. He was SHALLOW enough and PRIDEFUL enough to think he was better and smarter then anyone else. He wanted to prove it. To a degree, he might have. If people blame this on MI, JH has won.

Blame the crazy people! Blame those who have struggles, fought and sometimes WON despite their illness.

Blames those who haven't! That is what JH wants you to do. If you don't he might actually have to account for his actions.

We all want someone to blame. Not you, not his family, not his school. just him. jmo

The question isn't if he is mentally ill or not. Obviously anyone who shoots 70 innocent people is mentally ill.

The question, imo, is if he is too mentally ill to stand trial. And I am going to say no to that at this point. His ability to rig the booby trap and to plan the massacre out and to pull it off that night, buying the ticket, standing in line, sitting for awhile, faking the cell call, propping open the back door....all of that tells me he was lucid and organized and competent. Crazy and sick and twisted and cowardly, but competent to stand trial, imo.

I do believe someone suffering a psychotic break can't plan ahead but rather reacts on impulse. If the apartment weren't booby-trapped, and if he hadn't started purchasing the guns four months ago I may feel differently.

Again, just my opinion.

Meanwhile will continue to pray for the victims and their families tonight........
:prayer:
Panthera this is really a good point. I concur that a true psychotic break does not happen over a period of months to this degree,imo. Many of these MI's we are throwing around here do indeed have much to do with impulse control and this was the exact opposite of impulsivity.
I am sure there are ilnesses that have a longer term break from reality-but nothing I have seen discussed here and no reports of true delusional behavior by those that have made statements.

JMHO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member