*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate big companies humm how did they get that number they could care less, IMO there worry is what is the frequency of copy cats gonna do to there pics run?

IMO if it keeps going (copy cats) talking heads are gonna start hassling WB to pull the release - which IMO they would gladly do in 9 weeks but now they WB will stall....

Warner Bros is trying to nip any lawsuits in the bud, it is also a kind gesture, but you know. Not that I think any would be too successful, but if they went to a jury, the jury would give compensation. Also, lawsuits based on PTSD have a deadline of 2 years to file, so we will not know for about 2 1/2 years, if anyone actually files what the outcome would be.

I agree he is not insane. But his wiring is off.

He planned this and was able to get everything done in 4 months. Booby rigged his apartment. Turned up the radio thinking someone would go there. Then did this. Knew what to wear so if LE shot at him he should be well protected.

Then asked for a attorney. But does stupid things like play with his hands that are covered to contain evidence like pupets. He knows when to "play" dumb.

If anything maybe mental illness but def not insane.

I think the playing with the puppets was to convey he was rather bored and doesnt care about what he has done.

I don't see a correlation. Anyone with children would know that some siblings have vastly different personalities. That's not at all unusual. And being a "loner" certainly does not mean they're going to grow up to be a mass murderer. Some kids are loners and end up being perfectly normal citizens. Some are very social and still end up being killers (the columbine shooters had friends, girlfriends, etc).

We may find out there were sme family secrets or histories, but it's also possible we may find that they're just a normal American family, go to church, go to school, have friends, and one child develops a mental illness and goes awry.

ETA

I've seen this dynamic with many family members and it does not mean anything though. My younger brother is more outgoing than I am, and I'm a normal citizen.
Check out the guy who wrote the book about them (Dave Cullen) -- actually there was one of each one very isolated and angery the other had freiends etc.

IMO the book was awesome and he has been ( Dave Cullen) ) huge this week.

Very bright , his stuff is based on TONS of research he did
awesome -- and I am sure you can find video of him from this week

his stuff really interesting...................

I don't see a correlation. Anyone with children would know that some siblings have vastly different personalities. That's not at all unusual. And being a "loner" certainly does not mean they're going to grow up to be a mass murderer. Some kids are loners and end up being perfectly normal citizens. Some are very social and still end up being killers (the columbine shooters had friends, girlfriends, etc).

We may find out there were sme family secrets or histories, but it's also possible we may find that they're just a normal American family, go to church, go to school, have friends, and one child develops a mental illness and goes awry.

ETA

I've seen this dynamic with many family members and it does not mean anything though. My younger brother is more outgoing than I am, and I'm a normal citizen.

exactly.

that dynamic is found in my very own family....
i find it means absolutely nothing in regards to this case....
we are all wired differently - even w/in our families :)

Warner Bros is trying to nip any lawsuits in the bud, it is also a kind gesture, but you know. Not that I think any would be too successful, but if they went to a jury, the jury would give compensation. Also, lawsuits based on PTSD have a deadline of 2 years to file, so we will not know for about 2 1/2 years, if anyone actually files.

If movie companies were required to pay compensation for producing violent movies, they would have gone broke a long time ago.

Hate big companies humm how did they get that number they could care less, IMO there worry is what is the frequency of copy cats gonna do to there pics run?

IMO if it keeps going (copy cats) talking heads are gonna start hassling WB to pull the release - which IMO they would gladly do in 9 weeks but now they WB will stall....

i find it a bit disingenuous to say a company does not care about the victims. how can anyone know that?

if they had done NOTHING...the same comments would be made...

damned if they do...damned if they dont.....

Well, assuming the company that made this movie is sued, why would the jury find them liable for anything?

Juries are known to award large sums of money in civil suits, especially if the company/person is known to have $$$$.

I don't think WB has any liability in this at all, but that is me. People sue when they think they can. I would not sue WB. It has nothing to do with the company, movie, or anything tied to them.

Warner Bros is trying to nip any lawsuits in the bud, it is also a kind gesture, but you know. Not that I think any would be too successful, but if they went to a jury, the jury would give compensation. Also, lawsuits based on PTSD have a deadline of 2 years to file, so we will not know for about 2 1/2 years, if anyone actually files what the outcome would be.
Really! That is amazing is that cause there gonna say you cant prove your really SUFFERING until you lose two years of life to the illiness

that is aweful

that would not do that with stright medical (MI stigma nonsense) if you cant breathe, for two years we can file a suit with X for COPD
HA ! Sad!

Well, assuming the company that made this movie is sued, why would the jury find them liable for anything?
I agree at the end of the day (2019!) I think who is gonna have huge problems --- the University - he was a loner -

- that setting, (mainly proffs/admin) were the only group of people who could have been in the position to watch this person disintegrate................

I agree at the end of the day (2019!) I think who is gonna have huge problems --- the University - he was a loner -

- that setting, (mainly proffs/admin) were the only group of people who could have been in the position to watch this person disintegrate................

Being a loner is not illegal.

exactly.

that dynamic is found in my very own family....
i find it means absolutely nothing in regards to this case....
we are all wired differently - even w/in our families :)
BUt definative correlation between mental illiness and genetics --- so if bio mom dad siblings suffer that is HUGE !

Suing Warner brothers is ridiculous. Should you also sue looney tunes for putting the idea in kids heads to blow stuff up with TNT/dynamite? While they're at it, sue people who make guns, because you know, guns kill people. Sue Marvel comics, too! Sue the Twilight people because you know, people could die if they get bit in the neck while playing vampire. Why don't we just sue everybody and their mother just because of something one unhinged person did??

I grew up with two brothers and two sisters - watching Batman, Spiderman, played Mortal Kombat. All of us are honor students, gifted, excelled in gymnastics, dance, science fair. I'm a college graduate with a husband and a baby and my brother is in college; sisters are just finishing high school.

Simply: you can't blame video games and movies for this kind of thing. You can't. Millions and millions of people have played a violent game or seen a violent movie and they're not rampaging mass murderers. Leave the blame with the person it belongs.

Also, good luck to the guy suing Warner Bros. he BOUGhT a ticket to the movie! He was all gung ho to see it. I understand he went through a traumatic experience, but that's not Warner Brothers fault and I think he's doing it for attention.

Check out the guy who wrote the book about them (Dave Cullen) -- actually there was one of each one very isolated and angery the other had freiends etc.

IMO the book was awesome and he has been ( Dave Cullen) ) huge this week.

Very bright , his stuff is based on TONS of research he did
awesome -- and I am sure you can find video of him from this week
Such a well written book! I own it. Highly recommend it. It clears up a lot of misconceptions I, as well as others, had about the tragedy.

Being a loner is not illegal.
NO, my notion about his isolation is that (in terms of lawsuit junk) they were the only ones who (he was around noone) could have tried to get him help, could have called his parents and said we have some concerns here he has been at the top of the class and he just failed orals.

Like if you saw your neighbors lawn which had always been cut (anaolgy folks I know no reports of lawns!) and over a peroid of three months it was 9 feet high you might get concerned etc NO?

BUt u live next door - it seems other than school he was in his apt alone - so the only people who watched him fall apart is them that is what I meant............

Suing Warner brothers is ridiculous. Should you also sue looney tunes for putting the idea in kids heads to blow stuff up with TNT/dynamite? While they're at it, sue people who make guns, because you know, guns kill people. Sue Marvel comics, too! Sue the Twilight people because you know, people could die if they get bit in the neck while playing vampire. Why don't we just sue everybody and their mother just because of something one unhinged person did??

I grew up with two brothers and two sisters - watching Batman, Spiderman, played Mortal Kombat. All of us are honor students, gifted, excelled in gymnastics, dance, science fair. I'm a college graduate with a husband and a baby and my brother is in college; sisters are just finishing high school.

Simply: you can't blame video games and movies for this kind of thing. You can't. Millions and millions of people have played a violent game or seen a violent movie and they're not rampaging mass murderers. Leave the blame with the person it belongs.

Also, good luck to the guy suing Warner Bros. he BOUGhT a ticket to the movie! He was all gung ho to see it. I understand he went through a traumatic experience, but that's not Warner Brothers fault and I think he's doing it for attention.

Such a well written book! I own it. Highly recommend it. It clears up a lot of misconceptions I, as well as others, had about the tragedy.
Me too awesome and I agree videos bunch of silliness and even if we go with there is a correlation you dont go sueing everyone you tell your kids you cant do it . You know ......parents job noone elses..........

I think the playing with the puppets was to convey he was rather bored and doesnt care about what he has done.

exactly - I think he thinks everyone is now wasting his intelligent time.

Regarding prisoner treatment while in Sheriff custody. This varies from state and county - some counties have more than one facility for persons in Sheriff custody. Some are basic. Some have comprehensive medical facilities. Someone mentioned if a situation occurred - lawsuits would be filed against Sheriff Office.

In AZ - the Sheriff mostly - but combinations of The Sheriff, The Governor, The County, individual guards and deputies, The Jail itself, The State have all been named as Defendants in literally thousands of lawsuits. Some prisoner rights violations. Many prisoner next of kin whose family member died in the jail. There are just too many to explain the dynamic. Some of the lawsuits are filed by Government agencies against The Sheriff as well. So to say what does or does not occur - really varies. Sheriff custody is not the same as Police custody.

Anyone remember the college boy arrested and placed in custody. 5 days later no one had checked on him and he basically had a mental break. Handcuffed alone he tried to eat his own eyeglasses. Finally someone came and let him out.

Obviously not standard - trying to imagine what the inside of a jail is like and how people are treated is most likely not close to the reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor