Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What did KC Think Would Happen???

• Did not think it through at all

Votes: 94 23.7%
  • Did not think Caylee would ever be found so she would never go down for murder

Votes: 76 19.2%
  • She thought she had enough imagination she could cover any result with a good lie

Votes: 212 53.5%
  • She would get lots of media attention as the "Victim"

Votes: 33 8.3%
  • Did not care as long as Caylee was gone

Votes: 36 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Moe, or anyone else--how did she plan to leave? Money?
I think she was planning to just lie her way past that moment as she always does. She had little cash. If given the chance she probably would have just gone back to AL's for the night.

You guys ever hear of Occams Razor?

One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.

The simplest explanation is usually the best.

Things were getting hot when Cindy and Casey were pulled over. Casey was going back to Jail. And I can see Cindy trying to get Casey out of town or hidden. She also earlier wanted to go to California to see that guy in miltary to tell him something.
And why she didn't leave could be many reasons. I just don't know the answer to that. Besides maybe she know that she could not take care of herself, she never did.

She also had a pretty good piece of change on her when Cindy found her, did she not? I feel like she was gathering up cash to head out to California...that she'd been setting the California guy up for just that. This might have been her Plan B if things got hot, but fortunately she was never able to execute it.

And yeah, I think she's used to lying her way out of pretty much everything. Look at the video of George and Cindy talking about the gas cans. Even then when they talk about catching KC in the lie, they sort of grin and shrug their shoulders like, "well, KC will be KC!"

One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.

I agree totally with your statement HP

"That gal lives her life ten minutes at a time" Leonard Padilla

That's about the simplest explanation I can think of.

She also had a pretty good piece of change on her when Cindy found her, did she not? I feel like she was gathering up cash to head out to California...that she'd been setting the California guy up for just that. This might have been her Plan B if things got hot, but fortunately she was never able to execute it.

And yeah, I think she's used to lying her way out of pretty much everything. Look at the video of George and Cindy talking about the gas cans. Even then when they talk about catching KC in the lie, they sort of grin and shrug their shoulders like, "well, KC will be KC!"
She was "planning" (if you can call it that), to be Mrs Tony.

She dealt with cah because she had no credit cards etc. Having cashed Amy's check she had cash temporarily to spend. Hardly enough to bankroll a move and set up a new life.

I chose that she did not think at all, although during the 30 days, I would imagine all these thoughts went through her mind. She probably thought her lifeless child was just one more bother for her. Then she put her in the trunk - problem solved for a day or two. Then, Caylee was a problem again when she began to decompose. So, she thought about all the attention she could get a victim. What she really wanted though was to have fun, so she just tossed the problem out of the car like you and I might toss a used kleenex. The only other thought she gave the matter was avoiding her mother's calls. After all, it wasn't her fault.

I agree totally with your statement HP

"That gal lives her life ten minutes at a time" Leonard Padilla

That's about the simplest explanation I can think of.
I am begining to regard LP as a philosopher in all this.
Certainly that observation about about KC living for the next 10 mins earns him a place of honour amoungst pundits.
The The Rene Descartes of the sleuthing world.

KC: "I party, therefore I am"

Yup.

There is no secret code, no secret meaning to any passwords, KC was flying by the seat of her pants and did what she did without a care in the world about the consequences.
Her head consists of mush, imo. No active brain cells used in this crime as per the evidence. Just a path-liar who thought she could outsmart her family and every one else because she was so used to doing so for years.

I think she lived day by day, and never really thought it out. I think the nanny story is just what popped out and she went with it. If she had thought it out, she could have come up with something a bit more believable.

I think she lived day by day, and never really thought it out. I think the nanny story is just what popped out and she went with it. If she had thought it out, she could have come up with something a bit more believable.
I agree.
And she has probably done that all her life and rarely been called out on silly stories.

She was "planning" (if you can call it that), to be Mrs Tony.

She dealt with cah because she had no credit cards etc. Having cashed Amy's check she had cash temporarily to spend. Hardly enough to bankroll a move and set up a new life.

She had enough to get across the country to California, and she was working the California dude. She was "planning" to be Mrs. Tony that week, but then she'd "planned" to be with so many others in the past. Tony was expendable.

I voted for her believing Caylee would never be found. I think she lived in her own lil world of lies, and thought she could lie her way out of anything! If Caylee was never found, they could prove she was a liar but not that she had anything to do with it.
I think so too. I think she thought she'd gotten away with it, since it took so long to find the body and her previous statements, "They haven't even found her clothes yet.". Then you have her reaction to finding the remains, "Oh God, this can't be happening NOW"! The killing was pre-meditated because of all the computer searches and the duct tape. It was NO accident. She wanted this albatross of a child off her neck. She just didn't complete her planning on the disposal, and I'm not sure if she was banking on Tony marrying her, or running off to California to be with the marine for a new life. (Then there's her Bella Vida tattoo- her new "beautiful childless life"). Either way, another Susan Smith. She was sure of her lying abilities to snow everyone, even LE.

She had enough to get across the country to California, and she was working the California dude. She was "planning" to be Mrs. Tony that week, but then she'd "planned" to be with so many others in the past. Tony was expendable.

I agree that she was planning on the California trip. Cindy finding her and NOT giving her the extra day was what brought the entire thing to a close. If she had even thought that Cindy would find her I believe she would have been long gone. So, in the end it is Cindy who put a stop to this! Of course I also believe they all lie and lie and lie!!!! JMO

Several of the options are valid to me, so I didn't vote. I DO think she had been planning this, ever so loosely, for a few months...fantasizing about it a lot. I DO think once she committed herself to doing it, she had a "plan," most of which involved just lying her way through it all, fully expecting her lies to be taken at face value, or thinking that if they couldn't find ZG, then LE would have a mystery on their hands that they would just let hang in the air without further investigation. I don't think she was savvy enough to believe that LE would see thru her and investigate ALL the aspects of her story. she may have thought she'd have to do a little jail time, but in the end would walk free. Part of me thinks she still believes that her jail time is going to relatively short and that her ridiculous stories will create reasonable doubt. The problem with KC is she doesn't understand what "reasonable" is. Nor does her family. They think reasonable is ANY doubt, ANY OTHER explanation put forth by her/them in their minds is the only doubt they need. They will all be surprised when they find out how wrong this is.

I don't believe Casey did any planning, forethought, what if's, or anything of the sort. She lived her life as a series of desires and reactions to impulses. She had no grand plan and when called to the carpet on it she used the same inability to control her impulses to fabricate what she believed to be a clear cut story of what happened to her child.

I think most if not all of the information she gave family and LE was simply reactive (I have to make up something now) and not a planned story of the disappearance of Caylee. Sure, the minute thoughts were there, but she didn't have it laid out in any sort of manner. She was making up the story as things went along with family and LE. Not beforehand.

As far as whether she thought she could get away with it... I don't know, I don't know that she could even consider how much trouble she was actually in.

ETA: I have believed for a long time that Caylee's murder (if indeed committed by Casey) was committed in a fit of rage. As I've said before, children nearing the age of three can be quite difficult. Casey (imo) lacked the skills to properly deal with this and hurt Caylee in a way that couldn't be undone. Again, an uncontrollable impulse.

I see no planning whatsoever and all of the lies a means to avoid confrontation with her family only. Aside from putting off that eventuality, she didn't really care. I think Lee's statement from his recollection of the conversation with Casey, "This should have happened a long time ago", is as close to the truth that we will see from Casey.

KC thought she could get away with it because she's "gotten away" with so much else in her life up til now. Every member of her immeidate family was her enabler. They believed/ignored her lies, never held her accountable, never delved too deeply into her crazy scenarios, never really looked too hard at her actions, excuses, etc. I think CA was getting tired of it on some level, but having her grandchild around made it even more important to believe all KC's nonsense. KC's world is very small and her experiences are only those of a 22 year old who's never really been anywhere--no worldly experiences. Her world was her family and whatever friends she had at the time. She never thought outside of herself. And so she figured no one would confront her or question her. And I think her world just got even smaller.

I believe she thought she could cover with a good lie. Casey always thought she used creative "good lies". She never really knew what her friends REALLY thought of her. Lying has become a way of life with Casey, to the point that everyone around her expected it of her. But they never seem to blast her to her face with her lying. They just all assumed that everyone knew that she lies. So the little gal never had a clue how most of her acquaintances really felt about her. She didn't know how lame she sounded. Just as some folks think that they can sing because no one ever tells them otherwise. re American Idol.

Casey works in a haphazard way, but it is always overlooked. Almost always. This time her lie involved the heart and soul of her family, and they did not turn their heads the other way - not this time. So she got called on her huge lie. Now she is sitting where I fully believe she will be sitting for the rest of her natural life - locked up.

..I think both these posts are dead-on! Casey really thought she was brilliant. My personal favorite Casey quote comes from when she was supposed to be showing LE where "Gloria" (Zenida's mother) lived. After Casey takes them to 3 random houses, (where all the resisidents have never heard of a Glorida or Zenida) Casey says
"I don't remember where Gloria lives because I went there so many times I stopped paying attention on how to get there".
lmao, that one gets me everytime.

I don't believe Casey did any planning, forethought, what if's, or anything of the sort. She lived her life as a series of desires and reactions to impulses. She had no grand plan and when called to the carpet on it she used the same inability to control her impulses to fabricate what she believed to be a clear cut story of what happened to her child.

I think most if not all of the information she gave family and LE was simply reactive (I have to make up something now) and not a planned story of the disappearance of Caylee. Sure, the minute thoughts were there, but she didn't have it laid out in any sort of manner. She was making up the story as things went along with family and LE. Not beforehand.

As far as whether she thought she could get away with it... I don't know, I don't know that she could even consider how much trouble she was actually in.

ETA: I have believed for a long time that Caylee's murder (if indeed committed by Casey) was committed in a fit of rage. As I've said before, children nearing the age of three can be quite difficult. Casey (imo) lacked the skills to properly deal with this and hurt Caylee in a way that couldn't be undone. Again, an uncontrollable impulse.
She made a comment- I think when she was jailed on the neglect/bank fraud charges, about Caylee being found, and her being put away for a very long time. I don't remember the exact quote or context so I can't give it to you...

I think Casey doesn't think - she just flies by the seat of her pants. Very very immature.

I voted for "She thought she had enough imagination she could cover any result with a good lie".

And I see the majority voted this way also.
I think Casey has lied all of her life, when it serves a purpose for her.
Her family and her friends 'accepted' that, and never challenged her 'stories' and lies. For 23 years she had this false illusion that she was really really good at it!
It wasnt that anyone believed her, it's just it was easier to not rock the boat with her!
So very sad that her parents never ever challenged her lies and her behaviors!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WreakHavoc
Back