• No, I believe her

Votes: 108 15.4%
  • Not sure, on the fence

Votes: 365 52.0%
  • Dad and Mom together

Votes: 24 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm on the fence. I've seen nothing concrete showing DB or JI were involved, and I've seen nothing showing they weren't involved. However, I'm sick to death of the sensationalized media headlines, and I'm even sicker when I read comments on those sites saying DB HAS to be guilty because her mom techniques were different from one's own, she drinks box wine, she went to the grocery with a man who is not JI, why didn't she go to the grocery in her own car, she's still married to her estranged husband, and the list goes on.

If a crime occurred very near to me, I'd hate to think that I'd be judged guilty merely because my behavior doesn't conform to some other persons ideal (and believe me from what I've read in the comments, my behavior would be non-conforming). I'd like to see some real evidence in this case, and soon.

I don't know enough about the custody dealings with either parent + their exes to be sure they were "reluctant" or felt they'd "stolen" their child. I'll assume most parents on the losing end of a custody dispute feel that way, regardless. If that's the case, certainly a valid theory.

Side note - DB's ex, SB, is not stateside at the time Lisa goes missing. He's military + I forget where he's stationed, but it's out of the country. Now that doesn't negate your theory, just means he would need someone else to do the deed for him.

Shawn is not Deborah's ex because they are not divorced, although it's true that the relationship ended a couple of years ago, and DB has been living with JI.

The more video footage I see of JI, the more I'm starting to question his story of returning home, finding all the lights on, the door open, etc. etc. Maybe he's just an unusual sort of person reacting badly under awful circumstances, but he's REALLY setting my hinky meter into the red zone more and more.

Shawn is not Deborah's ex because they are not divorced, although it's true that the relationship ended a couple of years ago, and DB has been living with JI.

that's just arguing semantics IMO if the relationship is over and she is with another, then he is her ex.

They separated 4 years ago. I wasn't speaking in the legal sense. 4 years after leaving a spouse, I don't need a finalized divorce paper to consider that person an "ex". The day one moves on, is the day they become an "ex", to me. I was assuming SB was who the original poster was referring to, since he's the father of DB's son. Sorry for any confusion.

The more video footage I see of JI, the more I'm starting to question his story of returning home, finding all the lights on, the door open, etc. etc. Maybe he's just an unusual sort of person reacting badly under awful circumstances, but he's REALLY setting my hinky meter into the red zone more and more.

I don't get great a great feeling from him either. My initial thoughts on DB were that she is genuine in her panic and grief. That being said, I didn't vote yet because I'm aware that anything could pop up at any moment that could change everything. We really don't have a lick of evidence of anything yet. All we can go off of is their reactions and how we read them. I would really expect more of a sense of urgency or anger or SOMETHING from JI. He's just like a rock or a robot.. and not one single tear or emotion coming through. To me, that's a little scary.

It's also interesting to me that JI was the one who told DB that all the lights were on, that the front door was open, and that the cell phones were missing. And if memory serves, he also made a statement about not remembering right away that his work cell phone was in his pocket.

I'm really starting to wonder when exactly JI did return home from work. I'd sure like to see his time card...if there is one.

My read on his behavior is this:

I think this is a guy who came home to something absolutely unimaginable: his child missing and his wife giving answers that conflict with what he knows of her behavior and what he saw when he returned home. This is a guy who knows his wife is lying, yet who doesn't want to believe or even imagine that she had anything to do with this crime. He is being forced into an internal conflict in which he has to ignore what he knows and believes in order to support the women he loved.

In the earliest interviews this is most clear (to me), you can practically hear the guy's brain sizzling and shorting out with error messages. He is physically and verbally distancing himself from her, he offers her no or little comfort, in one interview (if I recall) he doesn't even refer to her by name. He almost acts as if he doesn't want to be anywhere near her.

Mom, on the other hand, in the earliest interviews at least, is watching him like a hawk every time he opens his mouth. My impression of her in these earliest interviews is that she is bracing herself for him to denounce her.

I'm more curious to know about that 2:30 A.M. phone call......

Who made it and was mom texting that we know of?

or is this just another rumor?

I just thought of something...... What if Mom made that 2:30 A.M. phone call to JI trying to stage something? (He could have borrowed someone's cell phone)

and she is on the computer trying to find out what she should tell the police or how to get away with something?

MOO

I am on the fence, but why couldn't it be the dad? If he was working with someone else who quickly took Lisa away. The Dad could have done all of it - window, door, lights, took cell phones. If he suspects DB of cheating, maybe he set her up to look guilty. He could have even practiced turning off the baby monitor & picking up Lisa in the middle of the night so she'd be used to it. I have no investment in this theory, just throwing out ideas.

I am on the fence, but why couldn't it be the dad? If he was working with someone else who quickly took Lisa away. The Dad could have done all of it - window, door, lights, took cell phones. If he suspects DB of cheating, maybe he set her up to look guilty. He could have even practiced turning off the baby monitor & picking up Lisa in the middle of the night so she'd be used to it. I have no investment in this theory, just throwing out ideas.

it's possible that one or both are in on it.

I think this is a guy who came home to something absolutely unimaginable: his child missing and his wife giving answers that conflict with what he knows of her behavior and what he saw when he returned home. This is a guy who knows his wife is lying, yet who doesn't want to believe or even imagine that she had anything to do with this crime. He is being forced into an internal conflict in which he has to ignore what he knows and believes in order to support the women he loved.

In the earliest interviews this is most clear (to me), you can practically hear the guy's brain sizzling and shorting out with error messages. He is physically and verbally distancing himself from her, he offers her no or little comfort, in one interview (if I recall) he doesn't even refer to her by name. He almost acts as if he doesn't want to be anywhere near her.

Mom, on the other hand, in the earliest interviews at least, is watching him like a hawk every time he opens his mouth. My impression of her in these earliest interviews is that she is bracing herself for him to denounce her.

^THIS!!^ Thank you for giving words to my thoughts.

They could be turning on each other...they have been separately interviewed for HOURS by the police. I've never been interrogated by the police but I'm sure they have some mind games they use to flush out the truth...cause people to slip up. I can imagine them implicating the the husband to the wife and vice versa...those seeds of implications start to grow roots and naw at every fiber of your being.

In this video around the 4:10 mark, after being asked if she's getting any sleep, does anyone else feel..... uneasy about her response?

Not about only having a a couple of hours sleep, but the bit where she says: "I close my eyes and see her........ I can't......" <Crying>

It actually makes me feel physically sick...I have this strong weird feeling that when she closes her eyes while saying it, she is picturing a deceased Lisa that she has already seen.

And then I get the same feeling again at the 6:40 mark when she says "and if you pick her up and you cuddle her" <starts crying> "she, she probably won't cry...." <sobs>

For some reason it feels like she's remembering picking Lisa up and Lisa's not crying anymore..... because she can't....it's too late.

I have no idea why I feel this so strongly- I have absolutely nothing to back it up with.

With both statements and reactions I know it could be interpreted in the polar opposite way...that she's imagining the worst case scenario for the first one and for the 2nd, that she's just remembering the last time she held her beautiful baby girl in her arms...with a case of the sniffles, but alive.

Baby Lisa's Parents Take Questions From Reporters - YouTube

I don't get that at all. I can not imagine how I would be if my child was missing, Police asking me question after question, Trying to be helpful but being completely terrified. I see real emotion from her.

I just can not see what you do. I believe they had nothing to do with this and I wish the news would report more on the missing child than the parents. If they convince people that this child is not alive with their reporting innuendo, people will stop looking for her. Yes, Look at the parents but look everywhere else too. Look hard! Look for people who may be hiding in their homes, and are normally outside or active. Just keep looking!

I think she is responsible for what happened...whatever that is...accidental or intentional, and her distress is from the event itself...she knows more than she is letting out.

I think she is responsible for what happened...whatever that is...accidental or intentional, and her distress is from the event itself...she knows more than she is letting out.

That's what I believe as well. She also does not have an alibi and everybody else does.

I feel like I still don't have enough information so I voted on the fence. However, if this turns out to be an intruder, I'll be very surprised.

I feel like I still don't have enough information so I voted on the fence. However, if this turns out to be an intruder, I'll be very surprised.

I will be too, but I don't think it is.

Did anyone else feel that dad was looking at mom oddly in the PC? I believe it was the first time the parents spoke to the press, IIRC it was taken at night. Mom was crying, she did most of the talking, dad seldom looked her in the face, it was more like looking at her sideways. When he spoke she looked directly at him. He just kept glancing at her, almost had a look of disbelief on his face as she spoke.

Yes! I said the same thing to my husband when they first did the Today Show interview! Hell, I know how distraught I was when one of my dogs went missing about 6 years ago. If it was one of my boys I would not be intelligible, I would be screaming gut wrenching sobs and probably need medical attention and no doubt would need to be sedated during all of my hours awake. No joke!

Sigh......just when I had convinced myself that I will NEVER become attached to a case like I did the Caylee Anthony case....BOOM...here we go again.

I'd like to give mom the benefit of the doubt, but my intuition immediately makes me believe that Lisa is not alive and the mom has everything to do with it.

The fake, forced tears...the quick looks at the father to see if he's going along with "her story", dad looking like a deer in the headlights.

Has it been determined where Lisa was when mom and "friend" were buying the wine, baby food and paper plates?

Is it just me -- when my kids were very small (Lisa's age), you sleep extra light??? Awaken to every noise/turn they make. We just got rid of our boys room monitor about a year or so ago and they are now almost 7 and 10. :rolleyes: Every sound, snore, cough, cry, turn I could hear.

I started to think that maybe the mother had "stowed" the baby away for publicity so that she could make some money from the media since it was revealed that she was still married to Husband #1 because they couldn't afford a divorce. (You can afford a new baby, but not a divorce?)

Alas, I think that we are on another road of "mother kills/gets rid of baby". Way too common headlines in the news these days and it's very heartbreaking every time I hear, see or read about it.

I'm sure that Nancy Grace will be on this story big time once she is eliminated from DWTS if little Lisa hasn't been found before then.

As always, just my :twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn
Back