• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA...that was one of my first thoughts....you cannot tell me NOT ONE PERSON on that jury thought she was guilty!!! The 2nd day dress up shows me they had made their decision the first night and the 2nd day for a few hours was just for show!!!! What a travesty of justice!!!!

This is what angers me the most. The jurors did not do their job for some reason. They pretty much had their minds made up before jury selection and lied to get on this jury. And don't get me started on jury #4 when she said agreed with the verdict.

We were all very concerned that juror #4 was going to be a problem, little did we know that the entire jury pool was a huge problem.

Selecting this jury was such a...... waste

Im sorry to even say this but I believe at this moment that this jury may be even more despised than miss casey anthony herself. And I really hate to say that. May God bless those jurors cuz they have to go to sleep every night knowing that they were a party to one of the biggest miscarriages of justice I have ever been a witness to.

If the jury reads up on anything that was released in the document dumps I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of, "Well, we weren't told that stuff...." which will make the jury realize they made the wrong decision. Cindy's myspace letter should have been read in court. Her own mother knew what kind of person Casey is. It should have been told that Cindy thought Casey was a sociopath. Didn't she tell Amy that? So many things weren't brought out.

'ABSOLUTELY' the "jury" got it WRONG ...

The jury did NOT consider the "moutains of evidence" presented by the state and they did NOT take their job seriously during deliberations.

Now that I have had time to reflect, it is very obvious to me that this was an "inconvenience" to the jurors ...

1. The 'jury' was more concerned about watching a "sporting event" after the first week of trial as well as requesting "refreshments" ... Okay -- I understand they are "sequestered" and need some kind of entertainment ... and the Judge "bent over backwards" to provide them every "comfort" available to them ... but hmmm ...

2. When the 'jury' went to "deliberate" -- if you want to call it that -- many of them left their "notebooks" on their chair ... Hello ? Why did you sit and "take notes" for 6 weeks and NOT bring them back into the deliberation room where you would have needed it the most ? I clearly remember Judge Perry saying that he would send the notebooks back to the jury so they could have their notes with them ... I guess they "laughed" at the Court's clerk who brought them their "notebooks" ... CLEARLY ... THEIR MINDS WERE MADE UP !!

3. According to the Court and media, the 'jury' did NOT request ONE PIECE OF EVIDENCE TO BE REVIEWED DURING DELIBERATIONS ... NOT ONE ... and they did NOT REQUEST ANY HELP WITH JURY INSTRUCTIONS ... UNBELIEVABLE ! I listened to the Judge READ those jury instructions and I "tried" to read those jury instructions myself ... WHOA ... I am sure there would be some attorneys who would have not been able to decipher those instructions in such a short amount of time ...

4. It was reported by HLN that some of the jurors wore shirt and ties, suits, and dress shoes for the ladies on Tuesday ... I got the impression they were dressing up for NOT just for the verdict ... but the cameras -- you know -- one of those interviews that the public is waiting to hear after verdicts are read ... So ... the jury's "appearance" is more "important" than their duty and obligation as a juror to CONSIDER ALL OF THE EVIDENCE ? It's a shame they spent time on their "wardrobe" then deliberating ...

5. Hmmm ... but NO INTERVIEW ... they hopped on that bus real quick to get back to Pineallas County ... I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND that they have been away from home for weeks ... but to have NO COMMENT after rendering one of the most "SHOCKING" VERDICTs since the OJ Trial ? Seriously ...

THE JURY'S SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES .... LOUD AND CLEAR !!!

The 'jury' CLEARLY DID NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE STATE'S CASE ... they were more interested in the "entertainment" by JB and bunch ...

Oh ... I am sure that they already have their "book deal" in the works ... this was about $$$$ for them ...

It is very obvious to me that it was more profitable "in the eyes of the jury" to render a "not guilty" instead of the "expected" "guilty" verdict ...

They let a child murderer go FREE ... may they NEVER SLEEP AGAIN !

:cow::cow::cow:

I voted.... The Defense provided resonable doubt and the jury got it right.

I have always believed it was an accident of some sort.

I think the state counted on being able to convince a jury that a bad mother and a dysfunctional family equal a murder conviction. Sorry but it doesn't work like that.

I haven't posted too much during the trail because everyone would bash away at me anytime I would bring up not guilty, but honestly I agree completly with the decision of the jury.

Theoretically ICA could go home to Hopespring Dr. kill her parents and claim self defense and she would get off....everyone would believe her. She could employ those neck-breaking searches along with homemade and household weapons.

She will strike again just like Drew Peterson, Van Der Sloot, OJ Simpson and others I can't think of right now. I have always felt if they had not caught her, she would have become not a one time killer, but a serial killer.

A serial killer? Really? Why?

I think the state counted on being able to convince a jury that a bad mother and a dysfunctional family equal a murder conviction. Sorry but it doesn't work like that.

I haven't posted too much during the trail because everyone would bash away at me anytime I would bring up not guilty, but honestly I agree completly with the decision of the jury.

BBM
The Prosecution did NOT state that the A's were a dysfunctional family, that was a DT ploy to help explain Casey's behavior in the 31 days following Caylee's disappearance.

BBM
The Prosecution did NOT state that the A's were a dysfunctional family, that was a DT ploy to help explain Casey's behavior in the 31 days following Caylee's disappearance.

Maybe the State should have concentrated on this angle...

Maybe the State should have concentrated on this angle...

Please help me understand your post, how would stating that the A's were a dysfunctional family have helped the SA's case and how would the SAO go about proving this in a court of law when the family obstructed justice and lied?

Lot's of families are dysfunctional so that is not a good excuse for much.

A serial killer? Really? Why?

There are many psychiatrists and psychologists saying that Casey exhibits psychopathic, or sociopathic, behavior and giving their opinions that she is likely to kill again. One blogger, a psychologist, who I greatly admire made the same observation. Only time will tell. But let's hope she is stopped quickly and removed from society if she kills again.

Even when the state decided to impeach a witness, such as Cindy, they tiptoed, IMO. They did not make it clear that Cindy lied about the computer searches, they just put someone on the stand to say that she was not logged in at work. It was as though they were too afraid to just call her a liar because they might still want the jury to believe some other little part of her testimony.

They wanted to frame the Anthonys as a normal family with a demented daughter; IMO they made a mistake, because it soon became clear that this is not a normal family and that nothing that one might apply to normal families applied to this family, not even how they might handle an accidental drowning...

The tapes with Lee talking to Casey and George talking to Casey showed how abnormal this family is...instead of shouting, begging, pleading, they were all speaking in some crazy sort of code, soothing her, cajoling her, etc...nothing normal about any of that, IMO.

I really REALLY hope we don't all have to say "I told you so" If she kills again. I shudder to think at what innocent life she will target next. Ugh.

If a spouse goes missing...and the last person to see that spouse was the husband/wife...and there was the same evidence (partying, stealing, decomp. in the car, deathband on the hair, failure to report the spouse missing, lying, lying. lying about the spouse's whereabouts)...don't you think that spouse would have been found guilty? This makes me sick.

In a heartbeat, yes. There's something seriously wrong with a criminal justice system that has so little regard for the life of child.

I really REALLY hope we don't all have to say "I told you so" If she kills again. I shudder to think at what innocent life she will target next. Ugh.

I fully expect her to kill again. I mean, what has she learned? That she can kill in cold blood & get off scot-free. Not only that, she can make millions off the murder.

Even when the state decided to impeach a witness, such as Cindy, they tiptoed, IMO. They did not make it clear that Cindy lied about the computer searches, they just put someone on the stand to say that she was not logged in at work. It was as though they were too afraid to just call her a liar because they might still want the jury to believe some other little part of her testimony.

They wanted to frame the Anthonys as a normal family with a demented daughter; IMO they made a mistake, because it soon became clear that this is not a normal family and that nothing that one might apply to normal families applied to this family, not even how they might handle an accidental drowning...

The tapes with Lee talking to Casey and George talking to Casey showed how abnormal this family is...instead of shouting, begging, pleading, they were all speaking in some crazy sort of code, soothing her, cajoling her, etc...nothing normal about any of that, IMO.

I'm almost wondering if it was a mistake on the part of the Prosecution to impeach Cindy. All that did was reinforce the defense's theory about a family full of liars that have things to hide. Even Baez said something about it in his closing argument -- something to the effect of "I TOLD you she lies!!" He then went on to admit ICA made the searches because of an image on Ricardo's myspace account.

I fully expect her to kill again. I mean, what has she learned? That she can kill in cold blood & get off scot-free. Not only that, she can make millions off the murder.

I do not think she will kill again. She will be too busy chasing the "good life." I do think she will continue to lie like crazy.

If they took what Baez said in OS as fact, ( which it seems they did) did not ask to review evidence, and discussed this case among themselves from the start as indicated by the alternate juror. They did not follow jury instruction, and broke the law by discussing the case, if that is really what they did. How would the alternate know what they all thought "all along", if they were not discussing it?

The State did not prove murder in the first degree, for sure, to me. I think they were so worried about what the Anthonys might say or not say, what Kronk might say or not say, they left off in certain areas and hammered on the science, which clearly did not work out for them. The jury needed to know a lot more about the household vibrations and relationships...JMO

I read a commentators opinion (can't remember who) that basically said they did not prove first degree murder. I agree. I won't be popular for saying this, but I doubt cold blooded murder in this case and believe it was some kind of accident. Who was there, how it was covered up, how it happened and why, I doubt we will ever know. The prosecution should have gone for manslaughter from the beginning, but instead they chose court theatrics and hoped the jurors would think this woman was so evil she committed murder even though they didn't have the evidence. Maybe the only good to come out of this is that overzealous prosecutors will learn some lesson and go back to truth seeking instead.

I am not at all interested in bashing you for your opinion, but I would really like to know more. How do you square the 31 days of partying. Do you really think GA dumped the baby's body? What I don't understand is that JB puts out a theory(sexual abuse) that is not substantiated and yet convinces the jury that Casey is so trumatized she can't tell her mother that the baby drowned. Also when I saw the jail house tapes/pc's, Casey is clearly not afraid. She is running the show, abusive to her parents. I can understand to some degree if the jury just felt that the evidence was not strong enough, but I can't figure out how they came to the "accident theory".I appreciate any thoughts you have even if they different that mine. I would truly like to understand.:banghead:

raysgirl1126

I didn't want to "quote" your post but found it ironically funny at your signature line.....
~Justice for all~

“If someone raises a dog to be aggressive it will be, no matter what breed it is.”

"If someone raises a liar, they will lie, no matter if they kill their child"? I'm not bashing your opinion since we are all entitled to our own opinion. I am simply stating that this dysfunctional family raised Casey, never made her face repercussions for her actions, was never held to accountability, never made to work, never made a responsible adult with a child, yet because of this dysfunction, she walks free? That, IMO, is truly the most depraved indifference in this entire case. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak