• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Casey Anthony juror Jennifer Ford believes that prosecutors could have won a guilty verdict if they had brought a lesser charge than first degree murder, which carried the possibility of the death penalty, for the death of 2-year-old Caylee Anthony.

"If they charged her with other things, we probably could have gotten a guilty verdict, absolutely," Ford said today on "Good Morning America." "But not for death, not for first-degree murder. That's a very substantial charge."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey_anth...uilty-verdict-lesser-charge/story?id=14017505

Am I hallucinating? Did the judge not explain all the lesser charges these dimwits might have found her guilty on? Is this really the case that this juror thought all she could choose was death? This is the jury sysyem I'm being urged to trust?

I am really hoping one of these people lets it slide that
1 they had talked about the case before it went to the Jury
2 One of them strong armed them to changed the verdict or bribed
3 MAke arrangemnets for Books deals or Tv shows before case was over.
Then it would be a MISTRAIL

Followed this case from the beginning and am deeply saddened that Casey is going to walk. When the verdict was first read I wasn't as shocked that she didn't get 1st degree (I somewhat agree that the State didn't drive home the murder theory) but I at least thought she would get a lesser charge or a hung jury. I wasn't too upset with the jurors as I understood they were trying to "follow the law" and the state didn't meet its burden of proof.....that was until I heard the interview with Juror #3.
I'm convinced these jurors didn't even attempt to review the evidence, debate the issues, or even re-read their jury instructions. If they weren't convinced of murder, but did believe that something happened and that Casey was involved in the death, why didn't they at least find her guilty of the child abuse charges. With all the options of lesser charges....in this case a not guilty verdict did mean innocent. If they didn't think she was innocent...they should have charged her with something, and had they took the time to actually review what they're options were (guilty of murder, but no dp....2nd degree (not intentional), manslaugher (an accident), etc....) she wouldn't be walking out next week.

I am in shock, as everyone else. I don't understand how you can have decompostion in your trunk and be said to be innocent. It's not like the defense gave a good explanation to that (i.e GA took the car on such and such day). They DID NOT explain how RK could have gotten Caylee's body and they definitely DID NOT prove any molestation. They didn't even explain that IF Caylee did drown, what did they do with her body after that???

I saw the video of the alternate juror saying they didn't prove how she died. WHAT? She was duct taped, triple bagged and thrown in the woods. Her mother was the last known person she was with. No evidence otherwise.

I am so so disgusted. I don't understand what they were thinking.

The evidence of decomposition in the trunk was questionable. Nothing that was found meant 100% that a human body had been stored in that trunk. And some things that should have been found if a body had begun decomposition in the trunk were NOT found.

I really think the jurors are trying to say that the prosecution did not prove that Caylee was murdered....

Thanks for your post....the jury didn't think there was enough evidence to convict but thought there was enough evidence that they believed it was an accident? There was no evidence of that at all.:banghead::banghead:

They didn't have to think there was proof or evidence of an accident. They merely had to believe that it was a reasonable alternative to murder.

This is so interesting. Is there a time span in which the above would have to happen for the judge to declare a mistrial? I mean, if someone decides in twenty years to say they were bribed, could the case be tried again?

Even if any of the above events occurred, it couldn't overturn the jury's verdict.

The verdict of not guilty has been adjudicated.

IANAL, but I think it could be grounds for jury tampering - IF there is evidence that it occurred, that is.

Thank goodness for free speech.
The Skyline Chili restaurant in Tampa has a sign posted on their door:-
NO Casey Anthony Pinellas county jurors welcome here ...:innocent:

"Casey Anthony juror Jennifer Ford believes that prosecutors could have won a guilty verdict if they had brought a lesser charge than first degree murder, which carried the possibility of the death penalty, for the death of 2-year-old Caylee Anthony.

"If they charged her with other things, we probably could have gotten a guilty verdict, absolutely," Ford said today on "Good Morning America." "But not for death, not for first-degree murder. That's a very substantial charge."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey_anth...uilty-verdict-lesser-charge/story?id=14017505

Am I hallucinating? Did the judge not explain all the lesser charges these dimwits might have found her guilty on? Is this really the case that this juror thought all she could choose was death? This is the jury sysyem I'm being urged to trust?

They keep playing her interview on HLN.... talk about opinionated. She had her mind made up before any prosecutor ever opened their mouth.

Thank goodness for free speech.
The Skyline Chili restaurant in Tampa has a sign posted on their door:-
NO Casey Anthony Pinellas county jurors welcome here ...:innocent:

Let us hope that no respectable media outlet will pay her for her story...interview, movie deal or book rights!!!

KC is responsible for this mess...and perhaps her defense team too. No one else.

I just meant to say that Nancy Grace is not more responsible than any of us. None of us is responsible. KC/family/defense are!

I knew that there was no sense in trying to understand Juror #3 when I heard her say that the chloroform evidence was a maze that she couldn't find the beginning or, or find her way out of. Then she implied that she just didn't consider it, because it was confusing.

If you're not willing to work to understand difficult concepts, then you have not done the job of a juror properly. Listening, it seemed like she felt entitled to have the ideas and evidence presented be easy.

Someone said we should respect the jury? Respect is earned. I'm still giving the other ones the benefit of the doubt but some of them lost that. One wants money, one got on TV and talked nonsense, the alternate sounded confused and casey was a good mother nonsense, the last one voted guilty but let the others pressure him into it. If one juror comes out and says, "you know what after reading and seeing everything I messed up". Or, "I think she is guilty but the eveidence didnt sway me". Not oh George did it, not we think it was an accident, or the family lied so much, i dont understand the sciency stuff and uh the charges were too harsh. I dont want to hear spin from the jury, but honest heartfelt truth. It just feels like more lawyer spin.

They keep playing her interview on HLN.... talk about opinionated. She had her mind made up before any prosecutor ever opened their mouth.

Is she really saying that the only choice available to the jury was DEATH? Can this be true? Were they that obtuse, that ignorant...that tuned out?

The State erred, in my opinion, by not offering any alternate theories of how Caylee died and still make Casey responsible other than premediatated murder. They could have shown a theory where Casey overdosed Caylee by accident and told them what charge that would be. They could have given them an option of Casey leaving Caylee alone and she falls off the counter or Casey hitting Caylee and causing a brain injury. But they wanted to go for the top charge only and did not give any of these other types of examples. So to the jury, who apparently wanted it spelled out to them, they had a choice of premeditated murder by chloroform and duct tape or the accident put forth by Jose B. There were no charges for not reporting a death, or improper disposal of a body, so they opted out, IMO...

Sounds like they Misunderstood the forms . I clearly heard 2nd degree murder or even manslaughter charges . Now I want to see the verdict forms my sleff

Juror #2 has said the vote on Tuesday was split 6/6 on the charge of manslaughter. If what he is saying is true, they knew the charge of manslaughter was an option.

Juror #2 has said the vote on Tuesday was split 6/6 on the charge of manslaughter. If what he is saying is true, they knew the charge of manslaughter was an option.

Maybe, but the state did not really give them a scenario to fit manslaughter. They only presented the theory for premeditated murder. Sure, the jurors probably should have figured out something on their own...but they basically went in there being told it was either the duct tape theory or accident...

I knew that there was no sense in trying to understand Juror #3 when I heard her say that the chloroform evidence was a maze that she couldn't find the beginning or, or find her way out of. Then she implied that she just didn't consider it, because it was confusing.

Kind of scary to think she is studying to be a NURSE. "...ohh, this medical procedure is just too confusing, I think I'll just skip it.."

For those that bring up jury misconduct or mistrial? Cannot happen. Casey can confess to Caylee's murder and not do one more day of time. She's NOT even on probation after she is released on Weds.

:guitar:

Billy Flynn:

Though you are stiffer than a girder
They'll let you get away with murder
Razzle dazzle 'em
And you've got a romance

Give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle
Razzle dazzle 'em
Show 'em the first rate sorcerer you are
Long as you keep 'em way off balance
How can they spot you've got no talents?
Razzle Dazzle 'em
Razzle Dazzle 'em
Razzle Dazzle 'em

And they'll make you a star!

It's all a circus, kid. A three ring circus.
These trials- the wholeworld- all show business.
But kid, you're working with a star, the biggest!

Give 'em the old razzle dazzle
Razzle Dazzle 'em
Give 'em an act with lots of flash in it
And the reaction will be passionate
Give 'em the old hocus pocus
Bead and feather 'em
How can they see with sequins in their eyes?

What if your hinges all are rusting?
What if, in fact, you're just disgusting?
Razzle dazzle 'em
And they’ll never catch wise!

Give 'em the old flim flam flummox
Fool and fracture 'em

How can they hear the truth above the roar?
Throw 'em a fake and a finagle
They'll never know you're just a bagel,

Razzle dazzle 'em
And they'll beg you for more!

Give 'em the old double whammy
Daze and dizzy 'em
Back since the days of old Methuselah
Everyone loves the big bambooz-a-lah

Give 'em the old three ring circus
Stun and stagger 'em
When you're in trouble, go into your dance

Though you are stiffer than a girder
They'll let you get away with murder
Razzle dazzle 'em
And you've got a romance

Razzle dazzle 'em
Show 'em the first rate sorcerer you are
Long as you keep 'em way off balance
How can they spot you've got no talents?
Razzle Dazzle 'em
Razzle Dazzle 'em
Razzle Dazzle 'em

And they'll make you a star!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics