• Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I said-hear ye hear ye-killers take note!!!:banghead:

I am finding myself unable to get over this...:maddening:
Me either magic-cat. I keep thinking I'm getting over it....but I'm not. I read informative threads like this one and end up doing this :banghead:....IMO this case has lousy jurors. Jurors who didn't 'get' all their instructions.

ORLANDO, FL - In yet another shocking twist for a case that has gripped the nation, the 12 jurors who voted to acquit Casey Anthony of all murder charges in the death of her daughter Caylee, appear to be more than just "sick to their stomachs", and have sent a formal request in writing to Judge Belvin Perry asking whether or not it's too late to "take it back."
http://www.mcpocalypse.com/top-stories/casey-anthony-jurors-ask-judge-if-they-can-take-it-back.html

I saw this last night-this link...wasn't it some sort of sattire and not a true thing?
:waitasec:

Was there one single Italian-American Conservative on this jury? Conservatives with strong convictions would NEVER acquit this monster and that is my opinion only.

First Post !!!

Welcome AuburnSchnauzer! Give us libs a break if you please! I promise we're not all meeting together to protect the legally-challenged.

Laci and Conner Peterson were allowed reasonable family type Italian-American folks on the jury to send Scott's a$$ to the electric chair.

I saw this last night-this link...wasn't it some sort of sattire and not a true thing?

I seen it for the first time a little bit ago. I would say what I felt about the author but it would put me on time out.

ORLANDO, FL - In yet another shocking twist for a case that has gripped the nation, the 12 jurors who voted to acquit Casey Anthony of all murder charges in the death of her daughter Caylee, appear to be more than just "sick to their stomachs", and have sent a formal request in writing to Judge Belvin Perry asking whether or not it's too late to "take it back."
http://www.mcpocalypse.com/top-stories/casey-anthony-jurors-ask-judge-if-they-can-take-it-back.html

If only it was true? Well it is not true. And any sane person would not want it to be true. Trials where verdicts are overturned by public opinion would cause chaos. Besides defeating the whole law system in the process. Mob rule with guns would be next. No, we have to live with the huge mistake here. And learn. Also address the problems in the juror system courts some way. Popular after trial voting scares even me.

I appreciate y'all and would like to say that I promised myself I would NEVER join another message board and here I am.....How about that.

Does anyone remember that experiment that either Dateline or one of those shows did to prove that people will change their minds (even if correct) when outnumbered?

It went something like this:

A group of 12 people in a room filling out applications or taking a test. Lets pretend its something like there are 15 balloons and 5 are clearly yellow 10 are blue. The one person answers out loud to the question: there are 5 yellow balloons. Everyone else insists that there are 6. At first the one correct person is confused and continues to answer questions correctly while the rest of the group incorrectly. After a few minutes of being the only one to answer correctly he/she begins to change their answer the same way the rest of the group does.

I can't write it exactly how it really goes but its something like that.
This is how I imagine it was for the jurors. I think a few started with feeling that she was guilty at least on some of the charges only to change and change quickly.

Moral--- if you really have that gut feeling stay with it.

The juror that said they were all sick to their stomach afterwards...that is a gut feeling...that you made the wrong decision. OMO

The jury doesn't have 7 days to change its mind.
That's a satire. It's not true.

Was there one single Italian-American Conservative on this jury? Conservatives with strong convictions would NEVER acquit this monster and that is my opinion only.

First Post !!!

First, welcome to WS!

Second, I sure don't want to make this political, but I just want to say that I am as liberal as they come and I would NEVER have acquitted this monster. I would have hung in there for weeks and hung the jury if that's what it took. Some of us liberals have strong convictions as well. ;)

It sounded legitimate to me, until I got to this part:

One juror was quoted as saying, “I can’t sleep. Nothing works. Not even sleeping pills. I even thought about using chloroform, and then it suddenly hit me. Oh my God, she’s not innocent. I just can’t live with myself knowing that I’ve played a part in letting that b**ch go free.”

:floorlaugh:

All that I can think to do is suggest that people arm themselves-lay in a supply of weapons and ammo, watch your children every second of every day, watch your back everywhere you go, do some research and learn how to identify sociopaths when they cross your path, be nervous, be suspicious, be alarmed and on edge at all times because if they let someone like this out? Then imagine what it is out there on our streets and we are unaware. Obviously the court system is not going to protect us or our children so we are going to have to do that ourselves. Be vigilant-you never know if the pretty girl you hire to babysit for the evening is Casey with a facelift. How can we ever hope to feel remotely safe knowing the justice system is so broken?

Just read it on that link.. dont know the law yet.. Maybe somebody can clear this or some media can ask some lawyers about this...
This is satire I promise you. It can't happen.

IMO The jury was tired and wanted to go home. They were given a large stack of written instruction to digest and apply to the situation, morbid details mixed with lies before their very eyes and no ability to research and fact find on their own. And if they never lost their naivete that people lie in court, well then...
I was the 12th juror for a second degree murder case (they only allow first degree murder in a couple of distinct cirmcumstances and no death
penalty here) last summer and:

we were not sequestered

we were in court proceedings for approximately 6 weeks

we took notes ( I'm told by the judge and his assistant that I took the most notes and they thought for sure I was going to be the floorperson, I'm glad I was not! This actually was due to my years of "websleuths" training-lol)

we were not allowed to "hear" that the defendant had made an attempt on a prison guard's life by stabbing him with a home made knife in prison, while we were on the case

we were not given nearly as much written instruction regarding the law as this jury was given-nor was there as much evidence

we were opposed from day one by a woman who stated she would not budge from her decision-her mind made up from the beginning...from "day one"
we deliberated for almost 4 days (also during a "holiday" time) and took the temperature of the jury every so often

It was very interesting to see the mercurial fluctuation at any given time. What people do not realize if they have not had the jury experience is it is comprised of a fine dance of facts, law, previous outcomes from previous cases, common sense, the differences of people and their opinions
and individual fact deduction, mixed with a lot of other things.
Most are amazed at the storytelling to paint one side of the case or another to prove points or facts. You are naively thinking you will only hear the truth in a court of law. Right? Yeah right.
No wonder they said they cannot charge for perjury. Too much of it.

We had to basically go over and over the evidence, listen to recordings over and over again, and finally towards the end, as dramatic as it may sound- we had to have a reinactment of the shooting using distances, timing of the gun shots in the 911 call and reasonable distance someone could have walked in that time given the dimensions of the rooms etc. In other words, we had to WORK.
Not stretch, not speculate, not try to convince someone else to think like we do, not give up.
We each looked at all the photographs over and over again. Then someone noticed something no one noticed before. Then after going over the evidence,
the charts, holding the bullets in our hands that killed someone, someone noticed something, we had not noticed before. After playing the 911 tapes
over and over again, someone heard something, we all hadn't heard before. 12 very different people of all ages and stages of life were solving this
"puzzle" and without each and everyone of our undivided steadfast attention we could not have done it.
Yes there were a couple of holes from one point to another- gun was thrown in ocean - so no murder weapon retrieved. The defendant said the deceased
had the weapon and he wrestled it and it was self defense. That he was an invited guest. There were four witnesses! They all told mixed stories.
Everyone came unglued at this murder scene.

If the DA had ALL the pieces, you might think THEY did it LOL
I think it would have taken us weeks to go through the evidence submitted in this case by both sides.

We went over the judge's written instructions over and over again until everyone understood them. When we took the time to allow everyone to state why they were coming to the conclusions they were coming to and understand the differences of how people problem solve etc. we were able to work cohesively towards a proper verdict. There are more than several ways to get to the same conclusion.
Finally, once "revealing itself" how it happened and it was NOT what the elaborate storytelling of the defense was (good try),we were able to see
things through the same vision. No one wanted the heaviness of convicting someone who was in fact innocent.Yet neither would you want someone capable of this murder out among us to do the same or worse.
You want to understand what needs to be proven so that the truly innocent do not get convicted. It wasn't until everyone in their heart of hearts, had
respectfully and individually come to their conclusion through "their own" methods of reasoning.
In order to be able to understand reasonable doubt and how to apply it's knowledge, one must first
REASON
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reason
Our trial was rife with tales of love triangles, drugs, lies and all the other media sexy angles and tangles. We were also doubly screened for prior
knowledge of the case during jury selection.

A picture, a moment in time, is part of a puzzle-it is preceded by events and succeeded by events.
If you had 958 pieces of a 1000 piece puzzle put together, do you think you might be able to tell what it is?

The written instruction is fascinating. It is like those optical illusion posters that you get your friends to look at - to finally see a "different"
thing.It is written "both ways" so to speak which is why everyone always refers to it as legalese, legal jargon etc. - designed to confuse. Really it is designed to see it both ways (from both sides)- it is written for everyone TO
SEE- which way do you see it?

Or a lesson to LE to thoroughly investigate when someone reports 3 times that they found something in the woods near the home of a missing child.

it would not have made a difference as far as skeletal - in that weather caylee would have already decomposed to a skeleton by august.

Shouldnt a prerequisite for jury duty be a completed high school education and maybe a clean record.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214