• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry, but to sit there and pick apart the smell, death banding hair, and cadaver dog alert is completely illogical when you stop to realize that if there wasnt a dead body in the car, you wouldnt even be having to pick apart these things. If it was ONLY the smell, or only the hair, or only the cadaver dog alert, maybe, but just the fact those three exist tells a logical person that a dead body was in the car. This is no longer opinion to me, this is like arguing with someone that 2 plus 2 is 4, and they are telling you 2 plus 2 is 5. That is how illogical it sounds to me to hear someone say there was no body in the trunk. And that the smell was rotten pork, when none was found in there, and THE DEFENDANT HERSELF never said it was in there. I see that akin to saying that an alien came down and put duct tape on Caylee...

Edit: Oh yeah, and the fact that a dead body was somehow transported to the woods. We cant deny that it was taken there, and with all the evidence pointing to Casey's car, someone finds it more likely that it was transported in another car??? That is NOT logical

Not really sure where to put this, so I hope here is okay.

I had never seen the Dr G show before. But last night I was watching streaming from the ID channel, and finally got to see it. (weird, cause I always watch that stream, and it's never been on before).

Anyway, what struck me straight away was that with all the autopsies she performed (in the few episodes they showed), Dr G opened the skull.

We know there is a big difference between an autopsy on a full body vs skeletal remains, but I wonder if any jury members had seen the show, noted that she did usually open the skull, and thought that her testimony contradicted what they had previously seen.

Dr S then saying that the norm was to open the skull may have been why they disregarded the rest of her testimony- specifically MOD.

I have no idea if any of the jurors have actually seen the Dr G show , but if they have, this could have had an impact on their verdict.

JMO

You are preaching to the choir. I 100% agree.

Especially this part: If the defendant had been a man and the victim his wife, given the exact same circumstances the jury would have convicted him of 1st degree murder in the blink of an eye.

There isn't a doubt in my mind about that. We may have the right to vote, but just like in the days of Lizzie Borden, there are a lot of people out there who are not willing to give women all the credit they deserve. The jury decision is sexism at its WORST.

Lets give credit where credit is due.

It isn't strangers that kids need to be MOST afraid of. It is their parents! 75% of all murdered children are killed by ONE or both of their PARENTS. MORE MOMS than dads killed their kids in 2009.( http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/pubs/cm09/cm09.pdf See page 56.)
Killer Moms (and the list is incomplete):

Mary Beth Tinning got 20 years to life for killing her children: Barbara, Joseph, Jennifer, Timothy, Nathan, Michael, Mary, Jonathan & Tami Tinning

Charlene Wise was sentenced to 28 years for killing her daughter Charnee Wise

Susan Smith - sentenced to life for the death of her sons, Michael & Alexander Smith

Mona Volgares - convicted of inv. manslaughter for the murder of her daughter, Seleana

Waneta Hoyt - 75 years to life (died in prison of cancer) for killing her children, Eric, James, Julie, Molly & Noah Hoyt

Latonda Shannon killed her daughter, Beaunca Jones

Jones McLaughlin - 7 to 10 years prison plus 5 years probation for killing her adopted son, Cory McLaughlin

Lillian Meegan - 18 years for killing her daughter, Francine Meegan:

Linda Solomon killed her daughter, Chelsea Solomon: Mother

Carla Lockwood - 15 years to life for killing her daughter, Nadine

Renee Polreis - sentenced to 22 years for killing her adopted son, David Polreis

Jessica Padron sentenced to 24 years for killing her daughter Yvonne

Amy Ivy - 40 years for killing her daughter, Shauntraniece Ivy: Mother

Pauline Zile - life for killing her daughter, Christina Holt

Awilda Lopez - 15 years to life for killing her daughter, Elisa Izquierdo

Mother Angelic Burney - 12 to 25 years for killing her daughter, Amy Burney

Amy Burney's Grandmother Rosa Wilkerson was also sentenced as an accomplice

Jocelyn Bennett - sentenced to life for killing Daytwon Bennett

Elizabeth Leftwich Jessie - 50 years for killing her daughter, Brenda Ann Leftwich

Claudette Kibble - 3 life terms (consecutive, I believe) for killing her children

Donna Bennett - 35 years for killing her son, Greyson L. Bennett

Latisha McGee killed her child, Dessiah McGee

Kristy Carter - indicted on capital murder charges for killing her daughter, Amber Lynn (she committed suicide before the case came to trial)

Darlene Fontenette Huff killed Jaevon Huff

Melissa Drexler - 15 years for killing Baby Boy Drexler

Elizabeth Faber killed Baby Boy Faber

Traci Elizabeth Kaufman killed her daughter Rebecca Meza

Marybeth Davis - life without parole plus up to 18 years for killing her daughter, Tegan Davis

Evelyn Kay Miller - 15 years to life for killing her foster child, Kameron Demery

Mildred Irving - 40 years for killing her child, Desi Irving

Jennie Bain Ducker - 18 years killed her sons, Devin & Dustin Bain Ducker

Markele Peck killed her daughter, Samantha Alena

Isabelle Blain killed her daughter, Christina Blain

Emily Jane Hopkins killed her children Clayton & Olivia Hopkins and then killed herself

Judy Booty killed her son, Tyler Booty

Renee Heikamp killed her son, Jordan Heikamp, the judge dismissed the case

Krista Cline killed her daughter, Alexis Cline

Jennifer Pyles- sentenced to 2 years for killing Baby Girl Pyles

Elise Ledvina - insanity, institutionalized indefinitely for killing her son, John Ledvina

Annette Giancola killed her children, Jonathan & Rebecca Giancola

Kristie Hackett - seven years for killing her daughter, Jessica Hackett

Roselere Wilkenson - 30 years for the murder of her stepdaughter, Kendia Lockhart

Dorothy Jean Livingston sentenced to life for killing her foster daughter, China Marie Davis

Tanya Hudson - 4 years for killing Baby Girl Hudson

Mary Perkins killed her adopted daughter Angel Perkins

Mary Helen Bernal - 2.5 years for killing her son, William Patrick Moore Jr

Maxine Harrhy killed her daughter, Nadine Harrhy

Debbie Ann Lowe - two concurrent sentences, 17 years to life for killing her children, Ebony Whitfield & Myisha Tolbert

Darlie Routier is sentenced to death for killing her sons, Devon & Damon Routier

Melissa Evans - 3 to 9 years for killing Rayvon Evans: Mother

Lucretia Johnson Fletcher - 1 year sentence for killing her son, Alexander Fletcher

Rebecca Ramirez - 6 years for killing her son, Daniel Ramirez

Denise Solero - NO TIME in exchange for testimony against her boyfriend
Luis Santiago - 6 to 19 years for the death of her son, Justina Morales

Tamachies Krider - Life for killing her child, Demallon Krider

Helen Rose Brewer - 3 to 9 years for killing her daughter, Jacqueline Brewer (Janes)

Charita Curry helped her husband kill her stepdaugher, Makala Black

Shantela Smith - probation ONLY for killing Baby Girl Smith

Summer McKee killed Baby Girl McKee

Mother Ana Maria Cardona - death for killing her son Lazaro Figueroa:

Mary C. Leggate killed Baby Girl Leggate

Kimberly Martin killed her children, Dustin & Brandy Martin

Gabriela Hernandez - 11 year sentences for killing her son, Joselin Hernandez

Maria Del Carmen Elizabeth Paz - probation ONLY for killing foster child, Julio Gonzalez

Linda Aube - 8 to 20 years for killing her son, Mason Aube

Jennifer Bauer and her boyfriend killed their son, Michael Noah Snyder:

Foster mother Patricia Coker killed Caprice Reid

Chrisandra Scott - pending trial for killing her daughter, Nia Scott

Angela Hope Miller killed her adopted son, Jacob Miller
-
Sylvia Martinez - murder/suicide after killing her children Abigal & Alex Gil

Deborah Elizabeth Reynolds - 15 years sentence for killing her daughter,
Breean Spickard; 2 other women were also convicted for the murder: Julia Ann Olivas - 26 years to life & Ester Rebecca Griggs - 26 years to life

Linda Brisport killed her foster child Carlos Winbush

Jamie James was sentenced to 32 years for killing her child, Cody Belle-Starr James

Evonne Rodriquez - not guilty by reason of insanity for killing her son, Ramiro Isabel Valdez Jr

Gloria Gross - 5 to 15 years sentence for killing her daughter, Tonya Gross Daniels

Veroncia Gonzalez - death sentence for killing her niece, Genny Rojas

Kelly Blake killed her children, Ramon Fausto & Vanessa Blake

Edith Agundez Acre - sentenced to 25 years to life for killing her son, Cervantes

Jannifer Butler - sentenced to 21 years, no parole for killing Baby Boy Butler

Megan K. Hogg killed her children, Antoniette Marden, Angelique Roberts & Alexandra Hogg

Tammy Alicia Holycross - 7 years to life, and 15 years to life sentence for killing her daughter, Adrian Conway

Tracy Ann Irwin - life without parole for killing son, Christopher Gardner:

Sharon Cygnarowicz - up to 4 years for killing Baby Boy Cygnarowicz

Barbara Briggs sentenced to 25 years for killing her grandson, Keith Sims

Annie Pollard sentenced to 13 years for killing her son, Lamar Pollard

Kimberly Ann McVay - 10 years probation ONLY for killing her son, Robert Allen Callaways

Nellie Nixon - 5 years probation ONLY for killing her daughter, Stephanie Nicole Nixon

Jessica Blough - up to 10 years sentence for killing daughter, Mercedes Blough: Mother

Melissa Gunderson - 18 years probation ONLY for killing daughter, Madison Gunderson

Gloria Gross - 5 to 15 years for killing daughter, Tonya Daniels

Sonya Forrest - murder/suicide killed daughter, Autumn Forrest

Tammy Miller killed her daughter, Shammy Miller
-
Sharon Denise Alley - 36 years for killing her daughter, Brooke Alley

Rachael Gonzalez killed her children, Dianna & Alina Gonzalez
-
Tina Reid killed her children, Veronica, Amanda & Timothy Reid and then committed suicide

Audrey Iacona - 8 years (probably to be reduced to 3 years) for killing Baby Boy Iacona

Katrina Vincent - 6 years for killing daughter,Tavanisha Brooks

Michelle Tate killed her daughter Diamond D. Shaw

Violeta Burgos (not mother) - 60 years, already free for killing Eleticia Asbury: Mother

Amanda Wallace - suicide while in prison (awaiting trial?) for killing son, Joseph Wallace

Farinoosh "Roya" Dalili - 1 year house arrest, 5 years probation for killing child, Nagen Natalie Dalili

Barbara Durham - 20 years for assisting her husband Glenn kill her stepson, Clayton Durham

Joan Tribblet killed child, Onowanique Tribblet: Mother

Nancy Koerner - two concurrent sentences of 10 years each for killing son, Gregory Wayne Koerner

Malke Pinter killed child, Doyna Pinter

Elizabeth Feltman - insanity, not guilty for killing her children, Benjamin & Moriah Feltman

Mary E. Utley - 75 years for killing her daughter, Rita Denise Fisher:

Sandi Nieves - death sentence for killing her children, Nikolet, Raschell, Kristl & Jaqlene Nieves

Deborah Thompson - 18 years, suspended after 8 years for killing her daughter, Christina Noelani Candino

Dora Luz Buenrostro - death sentence for killing her children, Susanna, Vincente & Deidra Buenrostro

Christina Riggs - death (executed) for killing her children, Justin & Shelby Riggs

Maria Sabrina Borajas killed her child, Marisela Borajas
-
Michelle Tharp - death sentence for killing her daughter, Tausha Lanham

Carolyn Young sentenced to death for killing her grandchildren, Darrin & Dail-Zshia Torres

Margarie Davis - 9 years for killing her son Ronneil Rodgers Jr

Lois Jurgens - life for killing her adopted son Dennis Jurgens

Miriam Sanchez killed her daughter Storm Sanchez

Erika Arroyo killed her child, Armando Villalobos

Khoua Her - 50 years for killing her children, Koua Eai, Samson, Nali, Tang Lung, A-ee & Tang Kee Her

Paula Sims - life without parole for killing her daughters, Lorelie & Heather Sims

Heidi Sonnenberg - half way house ONLY for killing Baby Girl Sonnenberg

Miguellina Estevez - suicide after killing her children, Franklin, Frankelly & Fabian Estevez

Irina Tchouprina killed her daugher, Theodora Scerba

Andrea Blue - 1 to 2 years for killing son, Sigmund Porter

Pecynthia Bradley - 11 years for killing daughter, Ashley Smithson

Synthia Lynne Caamano - murder/suicide after killing daughers, Rachel & Michelle Caamano

Dianna Meeks - 4 years for killing child, Dontory Jordan

Lorrie Lin Hood - life without parole for killing daugher, Ashlea Nicole Hood

Tanya Jo Yablonsky - 3.5 years propbation ONLY for killing daughter, Cassandra Rose Yablonsky

Miranda Shaw - murder/suicide - killed children, Valencia, Willie & Warren Shaw

Maria Rivera killed daugher Sarah Rivera

Stella Kiser - life for killing daughter, Tesslynn O'Cul

Tammy Dube killed daugher Baby Girl Dube

Theresa R. Turner - no charge, in spite of confession for killing child, Jordan Turner

Brenda L. Schaffer - 2.5 to 5 years for killing son, Joseph A. Arroyo

Lisa Price killed foster child Jacqueline Veney

Teresa Nelson killed daughter Saliyah Nelson

Brenda Maxey - insanity, unfit to stand trial for the murder of dauther, Keisha Maxey

Mary Weekly - 40 years for killing son, Jermaine Weekly

Lillie Easter - life for killing foster child, Coreese Goldman

Linda Hood - 30 years for killing daughter Michele Hood

Renee Taylor - 50 years for killing daughter, Janisa Taylor

Aeuria Bermudez - 25 years for killing her daughter, Nancy Bermudez

Bridget Cochran - 50 years for killing her daughter, Shakita Cochran

Alicia Abraham - life for killing her daughter, Lattie McGee

Shelia Smith - 60 years in prison for killing her son, Quinten Irby

Tina Marie Cornelius - 60 years for killing her children, Amanda Lee Miller & Dominick Cornelius

Barbara Ann Wyrzykowski killed her children, Mark, Sarah, Luke, Jess & Jade [Wyrzykowski] and then killed herself

Marianne Biancuzzo - 1 year plus 3 years probation for killing Baby Girl Biancuzzo

Marilyn Lemak - life without parole for killing her children, Nicholas, Emily & Thomas Lemak

Rosa Wilkerson 1 granddaughter poisoned, smothered
Stella Williamson 5 infants, presumably hers
Elizabeth Wilson 2 children
Charlene Wise 1 daughter starvation, neglect
Martha Woods 7 children (hers and others) suffocation
Dora Wright 1 stepdaughter
Barbara Ann Wyrzykowski 5 sons/daughters carbon monoxide
Andrea Yates 5 children (hers) drowned
Caroline Young 2 grandson 6, granddaughter 4 stabbed
Janice Young 2 1 children (hers) plus self shot (murder/suicide)
Maggie Young 5 children (hers) drowned​

How incredibly heart breaking. Caylee certainly has a lot of playmates up in Heaven. I knew that it was more common than most people think for a mother to kill her children but seeing it listed that way just hurts my heart.

Im sorry, but to sit there and pick apart the smell, death banding hair, and cadaver dog alert is completely illogical when you stop to realize that if there wasnt a dead body in the car, you wouldnt even be having to pick apart these things. If it was ONLY the smell, or only the hair, or only the cadaver dog alert, maybe, but just the fact those three exist tells a logical person that a dead body was in the car. This is no longer opinion to me, this is like arguing with someone that 2 plus 2 is 4, and they are telling you 2 plus 2 is 5. That is how illogical it sounds to me to hear someone say there was no body in the trunk. And that the smell was rotten pork, when none was found in there, and THE DEFENDANT HERSELF never said it was in there. I see that akin to saying that an alien came down and put duct tape on Caylee...

Edit: Oh yeah, and the fact that a dead body was somehow transported to the woods. We cant deny that it was taken there, and with all the evidence pointing to Casey's car, someone finds it more likely that it was transported in another car??? That is NOT logical

Great post! Most people (notice I said 'most' not 'ALL') I have come across that agree w/the NG verdict do exactly what you have described -- pick apart the evidence and view each piece in total isolation. I completely do not understand WHY some folks do that. One HAS to look at all the evidence as a whole.

Not really sure where to put this, so I hope here is okay.

I had never seen the Dr G show before. But last night I was watching streaming from the ID channel, and finally got to see it. (weird, cause I always watch that stream, and it's never been on before).

Anyway, what struck me straight away was that with all the autopsies she performed (in the few episodes they showed), Dr G opened the skull.

We know there is a big difference between an autopsy on a full body vs skeletal remains, but I wonder if any jury members had seen the show, noted that she did usually open the skull, and thought that her testimony contradicted what they had previously seen.

Dr S then saying that the norm was to open the skull may have been why they disregarded the rest of her testimony- specifically MOD.

I have no idea if any of the jurors have actually seen the Dr G show , but if they have, this could have had an impact on their verdict.

JMO

This was thoroughly explained at trial. OF COURSE it makes a difference if the body is a skeleton or not. I imagine she is cutting it open to access the brain??? THERE WAS NO brain or tissue material in the skeleton of Caylee. None. No reason. You could see everything you needed through xray and the hole in the bottom.

You are preaching to the choir. I 100% agree.

Especially this part: If the defendant had been a man and the victim his wife, given the exact same circumstances the jury would have convicted him of 1st degree murder in the blink of an eye.

There isn't a doubt in my mind about that. We may have the right to vote, but just like in the days of Lizzie Borden, there are a lot of people out there who are not willing to give women all the credit they deserve. The jury decision is sexism at its WORST.

Lets give credit where credit is due.

It isn't strangers that kids need to be MOST afraid of. It is their parents! 75% of all murdered children are killed by ONE or both of their PARENTS. MORE MOMS than dads killed their kids in 2009.( http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/pubs/cm09/cm09.pdf See page 56.)
Killer Moms (and the list is incomplete):

Mary Beth Tinning got 20 years to life for killing her children: Barbara, Joseph, Jennifer, Timothy, Nathan, Michael, Mary, Jonathan & Tami Tinning

Charlene Wise was sentenced to 28 years for killing her daughter Charnee Wise

Susan Smith - sentenced to life for the death of her sons, Michael & Alexander Smith

Mona Volgares - convicted of inv. manslaughter for the murder of her daughter, Seleana

Waneta Hoyt - 75 years to life (died in prison of cancer) for killing her children, Eric, James, Julie, Molly & Noah Hoyt

Latonda Shannon killed her daughter, Beaunca Jones

Jones McLaughlin - 7 to 10 years prison plus 5 years probation for killing her adopted son, Cory McLaughlin

Lillian Meegan - 18 years for killing her daughter, Francine Meegan:

Linda Solomon killed her daughter, Chelsea Solomon: Mother

Carla Lockwood - 15 years to life for killing her daughter, Nadine

Renee Polreis - sentenced to 22 years for killing her adopted son, David Polreis

Jessica Padron sentenced to 24 years for killing her daughter Yvonne

Amy Ivy - 40 years for killing her daughter, Shauntraniece Ivy: Mother

Pauline Zile - life for killing her daughter, Christina Holt

Awilda Lopez - 15 years to life for killing her daughter, Elisa Izquierdo

Mother Angelic Burney - 12 to 25 years for killing her daughter, Amy Burney

Amy Burney's Grandmother Rosa Wilkerson was also sentenced as an accomplice

Jocelyn Bennett - sentenced to life for killing Daytwon Bennett

Elizabeth Leftwich Jessie - 50 years for killing her daughter, Brenda Ann Leftwich

Claudette Kibble - 3 life terms (consecutive, I believe) for killing her children

Donna Bennett - 35 years for killing her son, Greyson L. Bennett

Latisha McGee killed her child, Dessiah McGee

Kristy Carter - indicted on capital murder charges for killing her daughter, Amber Lynn (she committed suicide before the case came to trial)

Darlene Fontenette Huff killed Jaevon Huff

Melissa Drexler - 15 years for killing Baby Boy Drexler

Elizabeth Faber killed Baby Boy Faber

Traci Elizabeth Kaufman killed her daughter Rebecca Meza

Marybeth Davis - life without parole plus up to 18 years for killing her daughter, Tegan Davis

Evelyn Kay Miller - 15 years to life for killing her foster child, Kameron Demery

Mildred Irving - 40 years for killing her child, Desi Irving

Jennie Bain Ducker - 18 years killed her sons, Devin & Dustin Bain Ducker

Markele Peck killed her daughter, Samantha Alena

Isabelle Blain killed her daughter, Christina Blain

Emily Jane Hopkins killed her children Clayton & Olivia Hopkins and then killed herself

Judy Booty killed her son, Tyler Booty

Renee Heikamp killed her son, Jordan Heikamp, the judge dismissed the case

Krista Cline killed her daughter, Alexis Cline

Jennifer Pyles- sentenced to 2 years for killing Baby Girl Pyles

Elise Ledvina - insanity, institutionalized indefinitely for killing her son, John Ledvina

Annette Giancola killed her children, Jonathan & Rebecca Giancola

Kristie Hackett - seven years for killing her daughter, Jessica Hackett

Roselere Wilkenson - 30 years for the murder of her stepdaughter, Kendia Lockhart

Dorothy Jean Livingston sentenced to life for killing her foster daughter, China Marie Davis

Tanya Hudson - 4 years for killing Baby Girl Hudson

Mary Perkins killed her adopted daughter Angel Perkins

Mary Helen Bernal - 2.5 years for killing her son, William Patrick Moore Jr

Maxine Harrhy killed her daughter, Nadine Harrhy

Debbie Ann Lowe - two concurrent sentences, 17 years to life for killing her children, Ebony Whitfield & Myisha Tolbert

Darlie Routier is sentenced to death for killing her sons, Devon & Damon Routier

Melissa Evans - 3 to 9 years for killing Rayvon Evans: Mother

Lucretia Johnson Fletcher - 1 year sentence for killing her son, Alexander Fletcher

Rebecca Ramirez - 6 years for killing her son, Daniel Ramirez

Denise Solero - NO TIME in exchange for testimony against her boyfriend
Luis Santiago - 6 to 19 years for the death of her son, Justina Morales

Tamachies Krider - Life for killing her child, Demallon Krider

Helen Rose Brewer - 3 to 9 years for killing her daughter, Jacqueline Brewer (Janes)

Charita Curry helped her husband kill her stepdaugher, Makala Black

Shantela Smith - probation ONLY for killing Baby Girl Smith

Summer McKee killed Baby Girl McKee

Mother Ana Maria Cardona - death for killing her son Lazaro Figueroa:

Mary C. Leggate killed Baby Girl Leggate

Kimberly Martin killed her children, Dustin & Brandy Martin

Gabriela Hernandez - 11 year sentences for killing her son, Joselin Hernandez

Maria Del Carmen Elizabeth Paz - probation ONLY for killing foster child, Julio Gonzalez

Linda Aube - 8 to 20 years for killing her son, Mason Aube

Jennifer Bauer and her boyfriend killed their son, Michael Noah Snyder:

Foster mother Patricia Coker killed Caprice Reid

Chrisandra Scott - pending trial for killing her daughter, Nia Scott

Angela Hope Miller killed her adopted son, Jacob Miller
-
Sylvia Martinez - murder/suicide after killing her children Abigal & Alex Gil

Deborah Elizabeth Reynolds - 15 years sentence for killing her daughter,
Breean Spickard; 2 other women were also convicted for the murder: Julia Ann Olivas - 26 years to life & Ester Rebecca Griggs - 26 years to life

Linda Brisport killed her foster child Carlos Winbush

Jamie James was sentenced to 32 years for killing her child, Cody Belle-Starr James

Evonne Rodriquez - not guilty by reason of insanity for killing her son, Ramiro Isabel Valdez Jr

Gloria Gross - 5 to 15 years sentence for killing her daughter, Tonya Gross Daniels

Veroncia Gonzalez - death sentence for killing her niece, Genny Rojas

Kelly Blake killed her children, Ramon Fausto & Vanessa Blake

Edith Agundez Acre - sentenced to 25 years to life for killing her son, Cervantes

Jannifer Butler - sentenced to 21 years, no parole for killing Baby Boy Butler

Megan K. Hogg killed her children, Antoniette Marden, Angelique Roberts & Alexandra Hogg

Tammy Alicia Holycross - 7 years to life, and 15 years to life sentence for killing her daughter, Adrian Conway

Tracy Ann Irwin - life without parole for killing son, Christopher Gardner:

Sharon Cygnarowicz - up to 4 years for killing Baby Boy Cygnarowicz

Barbara Briggs sentenced to 25 years for killing her grandson, Keith Sims

Annie Pollard sentenced to 13 years for killing her son, Lamar Pollard

Kimberly Ann McVay - 10 years probation ONLY for killing her son, Robert Allen Callaways

Nellie Nixon - 5 years probation ONLY for killing her daughter, Stephanie Nicole Nixon

Jessica Blough - up to 10 years sentence for killing daughter, Mercedes Blough: Mother

Melissa Gunderson - 18 years probation ONLY for killing daughter, Madison Gunderson

Gloria Gross - 5 to 15 years for killing daughter, Tonya Daniels

Sonya Forrest - murder/suicide killed daughter, Autumn Forrest

Tammy Miller killed her daughter, Shammy Miller
-
Sharon Denise Alley - 36 years for killing her daughter, Brooke Alley

Rachael Gonzalez killed her children, Dianna & Alina Gonzalez
-
Tina Reid killed her children, Veronica, Amanda & Timothy Reid and then committed suicide

Audrey Iacona - 8 years (probably to be reduced to 3 years) for killing Baby Boy Iacona

Katrina Vincent - 6 years for killing daughter,Tavanisha Brooks

Michelle Tate killed her daughter Diamond D. Shaw

Violeta Burgos (not mother) - 60 years, already free for killing Eleticia Asbury: Mother

Amanda Wallace - suicide while in prison (awaiting trial?) for killing son, Joseph Wallace

Farinoosh "Roya" Dalili - 1 year house arrest, 5 years probation for killing child, Nagen Natalie Dalili

Barbara Durham - 20 years for assisting her husband Glenn kill her stepson, Clayton Durham

Joan Tribblet killed child, Onowanique Tribblet: Mother

Nancy Koerner - two concurrent sentences of 10 years each for killing son, Gregory Wayne Koerner

Malke Pinter killed child, Doyna Pinter

Elizabeth Feltman - insanity, not guilty for killing her children, Benjamin & Moriah Feltman

Mary E. Utley - 75 years for killing her daughter, Rita Denise Fisher:

Sandi Nieves - death sentence for killing her children, Nikolet, Raschell, Kristl & Jaqlene Nieves

Deborah Thompson - 18 years, suspended after 8 years for killing her daughter, Christina Noelani Candino

Dora Luz Buenrostro - death sentence for killing her children, Susanna, Vincente & Deidra Buenrostro

Christina Riggs - death (executed) for killing her children, Justin & Shelby Riggs

Maria Sabrina Borajas killed her child, Marisela Borajas
-
Michelle Tharp - death sentence for killing her daughter, Tausha Lanham

Carolyn Young sentenced to death for killing her grandchildren, Darrin & Dail-Zshia Torres

Margarie Davis - 9 years for killing her son Ronneil Rodgers Jr

Lois Jurgens - life for killing her adopted son Dennis Jurgens

Miriam Sanchez killed her daughter Storm Sanchez

Erika Arroyo killed her child, Armando Villalobos

Khoua Her - 50 years for killing her children, Koua Eai, Samson, Nali, Tang Lung, A-ee & Tang Kee Her

Paula Sims - life without parole for killing her daughters, Lorelie & Heather Sims

Heidi Sonnenberg - half way house ONLY for killing Baby Girl Sonnenberg

Miguellina Estevez - suicide after killing her children, Franklin, Frankelly & Fabian Estevez

Irina Tchouprina killed her daugher, Theodora Scerba

Andrea Blue - 1 to 2 years for killing son, Sigmund Porter

Pecynthia Bradley - 11 years for killing daughter, Ashley Smithson

Synthia Lynne Caamano - murder/suicide after killing daughers, Rachel & Michelle Caamano

Dianna Meeks - 4 years for killing child, Dontory Jordan

Lorrie Lin Hood - life without parole for killing daugher, Ashlea Nicole Hood

Tanya Jo Yablonsky - 3.5 years propbation ONLY for killing daughter, Cassandra Rose Yablonsky

Miranda Shaw - murder/suicide - killed children, Valencia, Willie & Warren Shaw

Maria Rivera killed daugher Sarah Rivera

Stella Kiser - life for killing daughter, Tesslynn O'Cul

Tammy Dube killed daugher Baby Girl Dube

Theresa R. Turner - no charge, in spite of confession for killing child, Jordan Turner

Brenda L. Schaffer - 2.5 to 5 years for killing son, Joseph A. Arroyo

Lisa Price killed foster child Jacqueline Veney

Teresa Nelson killed daughter Saliyah Nelson

Brenda Maxey - insanity, unfit to stand trial for the murder of dauther, Keisha Maxey

Mary Weekly - 40 years for killing son, Jermaine Weekly

Lillie Easter - life for killing foster child, Coreese Goldman

Linda Hood - 30 years for killing daughter Michele Hood

Renee Taylor - 50 years for killing daughter, Janisa Taylor

Aeuria Bermudez - 25 years for killing her daughter, Nancy Bermudez

Bridget Cochran - 50 years for killing her daughter, Shakita Cochran

Alicia Abraham - life for killing her daughter, Lattie McGee

Shelia Smith - 60 years in prison for killing her son, Quinten Irby

Tina Marie Cornelius - 60 years for killing her children, Amanda Lee Miller & Dominick Cornelius

Barbara Ann Wyrzykowski killed her children, Mark, Sarah, Luke, Jess & Jade [Wyrzykowski] and then killed herself

Marianne Biancuzzo - 1 year plus 3 years probation for killing Baby Girl Biancuzzo

Marilyn Lemak - life without parole for killing her children, Nicholas, Emily & Thomas Lemak

Rosa Wilkerson 1 granddaughter poisoned, smothered
Stella Williamson 5 infants, presumably hers
Elizabeth Wilson 2 children
Charlene Wise 1 daughter starvation, neglect
Martha Woods 7 children (hers and others) suffocation
Dora Wright 1 stepdaughter
Barbara Ann Wyrzykowski 5 sons/daughters carbon monoxide
Andrea Yates 5 children (hers) drowned
Caroline Young 2 grandson 6, granddaughter 4 stabbed
Janice Young 2 1 children (hers) plus self shot (murder/suicide)
Maggie Young 5 children (hers) drowned​

This is a bit OT, but what I find extremely odd about this list are the number of foster children and adopted children killed by their foster/adoptive parents. These are children that these people DID NOT have to take on. Wow, that's just... crazy. And heartbreaking. :(

So the jurors did not like GA. He was defensive on the witness stand. The jurors thought he was shifty. So somehow in the jurors pea brained skills, that makes Casey innocent.

Can someone explain this to me??? George is accused by accusation of raping his daughter for years. No proof, just a desperate attorney's evil thoughts. So in the jurors minds, GA is supposed to act all warm and outgoing on the witness stand. Besides the point of GA's attitude in testifying has nothing to do with law in this case. Somebody please help me connect the huge distance between these dots.............

This was thoroughly explained at trial. OF COURSE it makes a difference if the body is a skeleton or not. I imagine she is cutting it open to access the brain??? THERE WAS NO brain or tissue material in the skeleton of Caylee. None. No reason. You could see everything you needed through xray and the hole in the bottom.

ITA with you. Which is why I said WE know there is a big difference between a full body autopsy vs a skeletal one.
Just trying to get into the head of the jurors.

I know, sorry if I sounded frustrated, it wasn't at you, I am just tired of having to try to figure out how some people's minds work so differently. I feel like I dont understand the world anymore...

I respect your view point, but dogs are amazing.

just to clarify, since you quoted my post, i am disgusted with this verdict. i just wish even one of the jurors would offer up a thoughtful explanation.

and i for one do not underestimate the incredible abilities of dogs. i am a big-time dog lover and stand amazed at the multitude of ways in which they prove themselves to be more useful, more loyal....just better...than many a human being in the world. :)

So the jurors did not like GA. He was defensive on the witness stand. The jurors thought he was shifty. So somehow in the jurors pea brained skills, that makes Casey innocent.

Can someone explain this to me??? George is accused by accusation of raping his daughter for years. No proof, just a desperate attorney's evil thoughts. So in the jurors minds, GA is supposed to act all warm and outgoing on the witness stand. Besides the point of GA's attitude in testifying has nothing to do with law in this case. Somebody please help me connect the huge distance between these dots.............

I connect those dots this way - that jury was going to acquit her and it didn't matter how George acted.

This to me speaks volumes as to why Casey got away with murder. Confuse the jury with another despicable crime for the sole purpose of confusing the verdict. Most intelligent people see through this, but we didn't have that benefit this time. We got the dull side of crayon box.

My dh did not follow the case only the trial. he watched George's testimony and did not believe a word he said. he thought he was hostile and seemed to be hiding something.
Just sharing the impression of George from someone that had no exposure to him prior.
While I admit my dh does have a pea brain at times, it did create doubt for him as to what was really happening or going on. He would ask me to fill in the blanks for him LOL. He just struggled with all the pieces and parts coming together. Convinced she was involved but not convinced of premeditated murder.
One of my sons watched the trial every day and hads no prior exposure to anyone and he was full of doubt after Jose's closing argument.

Remember, newcomers to this case, which includes the jurors, had a little over a month to digest what we have churned over and over for 3 years. It is a lot to take in and we have threads wondering if George and/or Cindy were involved from our earliest exposure as well. We saw their behaviors, interviews,depositions and more. We threw out countless alternative theories and broke them down one by one and not all members agreed on everything.
We wondered about all the same things that the jurors did, but over a period of years we dissected it all, argued amongst ourselves, looked for links, and poured over thousands and thousands of pages of documents. But even still, not all of us have come to the exact same conclusions. Many of us held from the beginning that premeditation burden was not met and we argued it til the wee hours of the night!
If you think about it, it is pretty amazing that all those years of discussion and comparing notes with hundreds of members here was basically whittled down to a month review by 12 people that knew next to nothing about the Anthony family adventures. During trial they really only got a glimpse of what we came to know through a lot of research as a whole.

Imagine trying to take all this in in such a short period of time with someone's life hanging in the balance.

Scott Peteron's trial lasted 5 or 6 months and in that case the jurors were painted a very complete picture;I still think that was an extremely difficult case to prove. But during a case of that lenght, the jurors really got a feel for what we knew about Scott. They got it, but it took the DA a long time to get it all out there in bite size chunks that jurors could digest to feel good about rendering a guilty verdict.

So,imo, it is not so much that the jurors thought she was innocent. It was more that this case had a lot of twists and turns and a lot of liars. That makes it hard to figure wth is going on. I think she should have been convicted of manslaughter and I am mad that she wasn't. But that's what happened and I accept it. SA put on a good case, but it was not enough to show them what we know to be true about Casey Anthony.

with that said, I personally think the 31 days WAS the smoking gun.

because it was in a swamp...did you watch the trial?

All of it ,did you see the part about the staining? The lack of it made Dr snow come up with his own crazy hypothetical.
Also I was very disapointed we did not get to hear Rodriguez speak. It would have been a great experience for us WS'ers. Even if he was a defence witness.

I also put alot of thought and consideration into the evidence presented.

So now I will ask you this.

Why did Dr W not list the a COD.

I hope you put alot of consideration in to this and really think about Dr W her work ,on this case what she said in court ,why she listed Caylee's death a homicide ,the method she used to determine that, and why she did not list a COD . Please dont give me a rapid fire responce ,I get enough of those.

So the jurors knew this was a high profile case but I wonder if they were aware when they were working or deliberating how many people would feel this way. I remember the judge warned them or asked if they felt they could make their decision and still be able to go back to work and families and face them. Most of the jurors or all said yes, I have no problem.

I wonder if they expected this big of outrage by the public? I mean, people not just us are furious. So what were they thinking when they came back with these weak verdicts? I just can't get over it still. Especially, I wonder if they are now seeing the Felon KC the way we all have and what they think now? Do you think they are regretting not taking more time? I really want to know. I would feel so much better if they felt at least a little bad about not taking more time. Or, if those who originally said guilt wish they would have stayed....

BBM. My opinion is, no they aren't. I doubt they are giving any more time or thought to that than they did to deliberating this case. They do not appear to me to be particularly deep thinkers.

All of it ,did you see the part about the staining? The lack of it made Dr snow come up with his own crazy hypothetical.
Also I was very disapointed we did not get to hear Rodriguez speak. It would have been a great experience for us WS'ers. Even if he was a defence witness.

I also put alot of thought and consideration into the evidence presented.

So now I will ask you this.

Why did Dr W not list the a COD.

I hope you put alot of consideration in to this and really think about Dr W her work ,on this case what she said in court ,why she listed Caylee's death a homicide ,the method she used to determine that, and why she did not list a COD . Please dont give me a rapid fire responce ,I get enough of those.

Who are Dr. Snow & Dr. W? :waitasec:

I think you are correct that the education of the jurors needs to change. They would still need to do most of it at the end though because the instructions are tailored to fit the facts of each case (always staying within the law, of course). I think the definitions of reasonable doubt and the explanation of the laws each charge is based on could be done in advance though. Then the jury would be able to understand what the lawyers are talking about and the witnesses are testifying to.

I think in this case, the jury was bright enough to catch on even the way it is done at the end if they had listened to the judge read the charge and/or had read the charge themselves. IMHO they had their minds made up way before the trial was over (and they did discuss it even though they were admonished not to or the alternates wouldn't have had a clue what the jury was doing) and so they didn't bother to listen to that part. If they had, they would have seen that the State did in fact meet their burden and that reasonable doubt has to be reasonable.

Something needs to change. Seems as if the these jurors were inoculated against the prosecution by the time they got to trial. The statements of the jurors whom have spoken employ the language used by the DT virtually word for word. It's like they missed the evidence of prosecution all together. Perhaps the jury selection questioning process is unfairly skewed toward defense. Right from the beginning, concepts such as REASONABLE vrs ANY doubt should be stressed along with the need to keep an open mind, not just with regard to the defendant but to the state and it's evidence as well. Along with questions such as, "Would you give the testimony of a police officer any more weight," they might want to start asking, "Do you understand this isn't CSI, and you might need to connect a few dots without video flashback of the crime actually being committed?" It needs to be stressed right from the beginning that the prosecution is not required to rule out ANY doubts, just reasonable ones. Perhaps jury instructions should be read at the beginning as well as at the end, and maybe there should be a test which all jurors would need to pass before deliberations began.

IMO, the jury got it wrong. I heard Dianne Fanning on local radio the other day. She said she spent a considerable amount of time reading over the documents, and evidence in this case. She said, the evidence clearly points to murder, and clearly points to Casey.

If those jurors had bad feelings about their decision for 'not guilty' and felt that Casey was guilty, they merely should have reviewed the evidence. There is no way that in the short amount of time they deliberated that they did that. Those jurors were derelict in their duty, and IMO did not take their duties seriously.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1989-05-08/news/8904100892_1_paula-sims-robert-sims-heather

I also believe that Casey Anthony is a danger to society. This case reminds me of Paula Sims case. She claimed that a masked man kidnapped her infant daughter, Loralei. She wasn't charged in that case. Some years later she claims that her newborn infant, Heather was kidnapped by a masked gunman.

The baby was found in a trash can wrapped in a garbage bag. This time she was charged with murder.

I think she is quite similar to Casey, with her fantastic stories. She got away with murder once, so she does it again. I think Casey will too.

Something needs to change. Seems as if the these jurors were inoculated against the prosecution by the time they got to trial. The statements of the jurors whom have spoken employ the language used by the DT virtually word for word. It's like they missed the evidence of prosecution all together. Perhaps the jury selection questioning process is unfairly skewed toward defense. Right from the beginning, concepts such as REASONABLE vrs ANY doubt should be stressed along with the need to keep an open mind, not just with regard to the defendant but to the state and it's evidence as well. Along with questions such as, "Would you give the testimony of a police officer any more weight," they might want to start asking, "Do you understand this isn't CSI, and you might need to connect a few dots without video flashback of the crime actually being committed?" It needs to be stressed right from the beginning that the prosecution is not required to rule out ANY doubts, just reasonable ones. Perhaps jury instructions should be read at the beginning as well as at the end, and maybe there should be a test which all jurors would need to pass before deliberations began.

I agree and was thinking the same. I think one day should be spent in class reviewing jury instructions, critical thinking techniques, and juror responsibilities. Finally they should take a test to make sure they understand before proceeding to the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur