Discuss Max's death here - Thread #1.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a word about brain swelling and brain swelling can't be diagnosed with out testing. It is kinda silly to keep insisting the doctor made such a diagnosis without doing tests.

JMO

If he knew about extensive spinal cord damage and still felt that would not be consistent with Max's condition, I presume he would have mentioned the spinal cord damage to explain how he formed his opinion. Instead he based his opinion on visible injuries.

So you base your opinion on what you would do? A revenge killing. And that wouldn't bring a child (MS in this case) back and would lead to more questions than answers.

I don't think someone experiencing that amount of grief would necessarily be thinking that logically. People kill for revenge all the time. People take the law into their own hands all the time. Particularly, IMO, if said person has a history of violent behavior.

I am basing my opinion on the case on numerous things, but none of them are how I think I might behave in this situation.

If he knew about extensive spinal cord damage and still felt that would not be consistent with Max's condition, I presume he would have mentioned the spinal cord damage to explain how he formed his opinion. Instead he based his opinion on visible injuries.

The simplest way I can break it down for you is that abrasions on the face and legs and back don't jive with the amount of brain swelling and the amount of cardiac arrest MS had. So the doctor put two and two together and figured out that what was claimed (MS fell down the stairs) did not match with his inability to breathe. The spinal cord injury he had is the kind someone would get from being in a speeding car and crashing without a seat belt on. Even that is an understatement. Someone else on this thread said her medical friend told her it was like whiplash from a speeding train injury. That didn't match with the bumps on his head.

The simplest way I can break it down for you is that abrasions on the face and legs and back don't jive with the amount of brain swelling and the amount of cardiac arrest MS had. So the doctor put two and two together and figured out that what was claimed (MS fell down the stairs) did not match with his inability to breathe. The spinal cord injury he had is the kind someone would get from being in a speeding car and crashing without a seat belt on. Even that is an understatement. Someone else on this thread said her medical friend told her it was like whiplash from a speeding train injury. That didn't match with the bumps on his head.

I am completely puzzled as to what you are suggesting here? Are you suggesting that Max sustained his injuries in a car crush? And by the way MS didn't fell "down the stairs." He fell into the stairwell. And since the doctor hasn't mentioned the spinal cord injuries when he suggested suffocation, I'd say it's pretty obvious he was not aware of those injuries.

Have just caught up......an aha moment, so now we know why Dina thought he was suffocated. I am ALMOST willing to bet my left leg that JS also beleived this too and this is why RN died. Either murdered because of it or accused of it by above and in anger and despair (I am thinking scared of jail or hitting media etc) she committed suicide.

People are talking about child abuse and having no signs of abuse on him etc. I dont think she was abusing him, if anything maybe it was a once of lost her temper, or was chasing him while angry etc. I dont abuse my children but yesterday I lost it, really lost it with my 6 and 7 year old boys. I had to pull over in my car as I was scared I was going to have an accident. Any one with a temper, and I have red hair and a temper, knows how scary it can be when you lose it. It may not have been her either, it may have been her sister, I am not sure. I just dont think his accident happened as it has been presented, there are way too many ifs.

Her death is highly suspicious and so I am sure there is more to Max's death, other than she was not watching him, for her to be either murdered or commit suicide. Because really if we do find out this mob killed her because she just wasnt watching him properly, they deserve to by lynched. What an over reaction. Also I just cant see a woman who came from Burma, was very ambitious and strong according to her work mates and her family, kill herself because of the grief and shame of not watching a 6 year old whom not only was not her child, but she had only known for 2 years. As I said before, he had partial custody of Max and taking in the time to get to know and build a "proper" relationship with him, is not alot of time.

I also find suss 2 soccer balls now, so not only did he trip over the dog, on a scooter, but there may have also been 2 soccer balls as well for him to dodge. A bit too much. And why was the chandelier put in the bin. I know they were trying to clean it up, but is this not evidence???? and why bother cleaning up the chandelier before the ambulance arrived.?

The chandelier was not put into trash before the ambulance arrived. It was put into the trash later, because what were they going to do with a broken chandelier? LE got a search warrant and came to get it, but how would RN know it was "evidence?" They clearly didn't try to hide it, since LE was able to retrieve it from there without problems.

I am completely puzzled as to what you are suggesting here? Are you suggesting that Max sustained his injuries in a car crush? And by the way MS didn't fell "down the stairs." He fell into the stairwell. And since the doctor hasn't mentioned the spinal cord injuries when he suggested suffocation, I'd say it's pretty obvious he was not aware of those injuries.

I'm saying Max couldn't have gotten that type of fatal whip lash injury from a fall from into the stairwell, or from the stairs, or down the stairs.

JMO

I'm saying Max couldn't have gotten that type of fatal whip lash injury from a fall from into the stairwell, or from the stairs, or down the stairs.

JMO

Well that's going to be news to ME who ruled his death a tragic accident. Have you tried to contact ME to inform him of his error?

They pretty much knew from day one that MS wouldn't survive his injuries. He was only kept on life support until they could co-ordinate organ donation. Hinky meter's okay, but they're not the medical examiner, nor are they the doctor who made the statement to police about the suffocation suspicion.

If this is correct, why did Rebecca requirw a phone call in the middle of the night, to tell her about Max's change in status?

When the spinal cord actually pops out of the neck and breaks the connection then it is associated with the inability to breathe.

I have NEVER heard of a spinal cord popping 'out of the neck'. Do you mean if the spinal cord is severed, with a compound fracture? Yes you would be dead. You would have no spinal fluid left. Even a respirator could not keep you alive. Max did not have a severed spineal cord. It was twisted/whiplashed, not fractured and most certainly not sticking out.

Have just caught up......an aha moment, so now we know why Dina thought he was suffocated.

I'm assuming that the doctor mentioned in the search warrant is the same doctor who told DS that he suspected MS was suffocated.

JMO

Not all of Max's injuries needed to be listed on a search warrant. You have repeatedly claimed the doctor made a diagnosis without doing tests and I think you are making an assumption that is an insult to the doctor's integrity.

LE didn't mention the spinal cord damage on a search warrant but that doesn't mean the doctor didn't know about it. The doctor knew about the brain swelling, relayed that information to LE and it was used to obtain a search warrant. Brain swelling can't be diagnosed without tests.

JMO

Not all of Max's injuries needed to be listed on a search warrant. You have repeatedly claimed the doctor made a diagnosis without doing tests and I think you are making an assumption that is an insult to the doctor's integrity.

LE didn't mention the spinal cord damage on a search warrant but that doesn't mean the doctor didn't know about it. The doctor knew about the brain swelling, relayed that information to LE and it was used to obtain a search warrant. Brain swelling can't be diagnosed without tests.

JMO

Now you are twisting my words. I have not claimed the doctor made the diagnosis without doing tests. The doctor himself had stated he made his opinion based on VISIBLE injuries. The child had extensive spinal cord damage, which could easily explain brain swelling and cardiac arrest. Had the doctor known about extensive spinal cord damage, would he be talking about brain swelling and cardiac arrest being inconsistent with visible injuries? I think not.

I don't think someone experiencing that amount of grief would necessarily be thinking that logically. People kill for revenge all the time. People take the law into their own hands all the time. Particularly, IMO, if said person has a history of violent behavior.

I am basing my opinion on the case on numerous things, but none of them are how I think I might behave in this situation.

I don't know of too many cases where parents have murdered the person they assumed was their child's killer prior to police making an arrest. I think the usual reaction of parents is for justice and the perp spending the rest of their life in jail or awaiting on death row. I have seen no evidence whatsoever that would lead me to believe either JS or DS would choose murder rather than allow justice to take its course.

JMO

Now you are twisting my words. I have not claimed the doctor made the diagnosis without doing tests. The doctor himself had stated he made his opinion based on VISIBLE injuries. The child had extensive spinal cord damage, which could easily explain brain swelling and cardiac arrest. Had the doctor known about extensive spinal cord damage, would he be talking about brain swelling and cardiac arrest being inconsistent with visible injuries? I think not.

I didn't twist your words.

Brain swelling is not a visible injury and requires tests to diagnose.

JMO

JMO

You claim that the poster is making an assumption that is an insult to the doctors integrity, however, by saying that the doctor continued to believe that Max was suffocated, yet he did nothing about it, did not go through cps or other channels or fight for Max. That is a much larger insult to a doctors integrity.

I didn't twist your words.

Brain swelling is not a visible injury and requires tests to diagnose.

JMO

Brain swelling was completely consistent with spinal cord damage, as was explained in the autopsy. I don't believe the doctor would be making claims that brain swelling was not consistent with visible injuries had he known about extensive spinal cord damage.

I think Max's injuries are consistent with being propelled from the second floor onto the floor below. Concrete was under the carpet so it would have been a massive impact.

JMO

I think Max's injuries are consistent with being propelled from the second floor onto the floor below. Concrete was under the carpet so it would have been a massive impact.

JMO

So you admit you don't believe he was suffocated?

JMO

Meaning it would explain why he didn't die of a brain bleed like most head injury victims?

If he were suffocated prior to being propelled from the second floor to the floor below, it would explain why he couldn't use his hands to stop his fall and face planted.

That poor little boy. I hate to think of what his final moments inside that house were like.

I don't know of too many cases where parents have murdered the person they assumed was their child's killer prior to police making an arrest. I think the usual reaction of parents is for justice and the perp spending the rest of their life in jail or awaiting on death row. I have seen no evidence whatsoever that would lead me to believe either JS or DS would choose murder rather than allow justice to take its course.

JMO

I would like to believe that too and imo I still feel Rebecca's death was most likely a suicide. BUT now more than ever I hope that BOTH cases are reopened. BOTH. There has always been something that has made me extremely uncomfortable about Max's death fall and there just happened to be no eye witnesses. That has bothered me for sometime and I really don't know why exactly, but with Rebecca in one bathroom and her sister supposedly in another bathroom at the very same time gives me pause.

BUT if Rebecca did not commit suicide but was killed then if something untoward was done to Max and it wasnt an accident at all that could change everything. Also if one of the doctors at the hospital told the family they thought Max had been smothered before being thrown off of the banister then I would certainly find the homicide of Rebecca more plausable than I do at the present time.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member