Discussion of the Transcriptions of the Testimony of Jodi Arias

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, and let's not forget that she needs to make it a point that SHE broke up w/ all of these boyfriends and how at least two of them cried. Really?

Cried tears of joy, I'll bet. moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if the jurors are instructed to disregard all of that testimony, will JM be able to refute many of her statements, which were so similar in so many ways, with the same arguments he used before? It seems obvious to me that he would, but I (gratefully knocking on my own wooden head) know very little about how trials and courtrooms work.

So that lack of restriction and JA's possible omission would equal something else for appeal? Jeez, can she appeal because the courtroom lighting is unflattering? Where can we learn more about what are appeal-able issues?

Would this testimony replace her allocution? Or will this jury possibly be exposed to Scary Elvis in addition to the tale of woe?

The defense gets lots of leeway in this phase of the trial. It makes me wonder why the DT practically skipped it last time.

If the testimony is stricken from the record, JM would not get to refute it.

If JSS restricted JA to a specific time period of her life for additional allocution, yes it would be an appeal issue, and for good reason. No one told her in the initial testimony that she had to go in chronological order.

Basically, appealable issues (good ones, anyway) are mistakes that might really have changed the outcome of the trial. Simplifying, obviously.

Presumably, she would be allowed additional allocution because she wasn't done with her testimony.

I think the previous penalty phase was Nurmi's version and this retrial of the penalty phase is brought to you by the fertile imagination of Ms. Jodi Arias.

I still want to know why they found it on her computer. She herself said it was the first time anyone had sent her a picture on her phone (I assume this was a phone before the Helio?) and does anyone know how one would go about getting a picture text from an old flip phone to your computer?

Nope, that's the one complaint my husband has about his phone, that he can't transfer pics from it.(He like to take pics and then try to paint them...)

They mentioned that he started performing sexual acts on her while she was asleep, yes. And she was talking about how hot it was. "Like, whoa."

See, I always took it as they were speaking in fantasy role play for the majority of the phone sex convo. Admittedly, some of what ta is saying is difficult to discern since he sounds pretty tired and of course..the other issue lol. Id go back and relisten but eww it made me feel gross the first time hearing jodi

Could you send emails on old flip phones? I must admit I never had any type of data on a phone until I got a smart phone. I think the first "smart phone" she had was the Helio wasn't it?

Yes, I could email, but didn't have texting. I've only had a smart phone for about 4 years.

Also, wanted to remark back in 2007-2009 a lot of phone companies uploaded pic mms to their website for you without you doing anything at all.

MMS has been around for a long time. Photos and videos. Remember Paris Hilton?

Right. I remember on my crappy little Pebble that I had back in 2007, which was my first cell phone, you had the option of making email addresses recipients of texts and pbotos. I did it all the time. There of course may have been other ways to do it. It was a cheap phone. It's of course even easier now to do. But you could do it then too.

I don't remember JA saying TA used the visor mirror to see her performing oral on him from a different angle in the car around the corner ftom Starbucks in Palm Desert the second week they knew each other. Does anyone else remember her mentioning that during her excruciating 18 days?

It seems she's adding more odd and unneeded embellishments again. Those stupid details (lies of course) will hopefully help her find her way to the needle.

See, I always took it as they were speaking in fantasy role play for the majority of the phone sex convo. Admittedly, some of what ta is saying is difficult to discern since he sounds pretty tired and of course..the other issue lol. Id go back and relisten but eww it made me feel gross the first time hearing jodi

I think they were re-living things that really happened. When either Jodi or Travis would mention an event the other would pick up and know what the other was talking about. It didn't come off as phone sex "imagine me there" fantasy type stuff. When Jodi brought that up Travis was like oh, yeah that was hot, as if he was remembering something.

I don't remember JA saying TA used the visor mirror to see her performing oral on him from a different angle in the car around the corner ftom Starbucks in Palm Desert the second week they knew each other. Does anyone else remember her mentioning that during her excruciating 18 days?

It seems she's adding more odd and unneeded embellishments again. Those stupid details (lies of course) will hopefully help her find her way to the needle.

Nope but I do remember her talking about the incident since this is when she says he gave her the book of Mormon to actively recruit her. But oopsie she forgot that she was "dabbling in Mormonism" a minimum of 6 months before she even knew of Travis Alexander.

I remember something like that.

I was actually more interested in the sidebar conversations than JA's testimony. I always wonder about the dialogue that goes on between those 4....Is it just me but are there times when it seems like JSS and JM have to almost coach JW on how to do her job?? She comes across as a complete nitwit to me...:slap:

So I assume that ALL of the text messages in evidence were taken from TA's phone and that none were taken from JA's phone other than whatever she might have had on her new phone after "losing" the Helio?

Oh, I remember. I wish I didn't. So stupid that girl is.

Nope but I do remember her talking about the incident since this is when she says he gave her the book of Mormon to actively recruit her. But oopsie she forgot that she was "dabbling in Mormonism" a minimum of 6 months before she even knew of Travis Alexander.

Really? When did she say that? According to today's testimony, she told TA she wasn't into any religion specifically before she met him.

It was through Daryl Brewers testimony that we found out the missionaries were coming before Travis ever entered the picture.

In all of her testimony she gives a very vague account of abuse. Names the shoved into a piano (was door frame) one time and Bill calling Sandy fat. No stories of violence against Sandy by Bill. I grew up with a great grandmother that sent you out for your own switch, and she gave us a lick or two on our legs, and we figured out pretty quick to stop doing whatever is was that brought that switch around. Jodi had her mom and dads attention when she was born, then Carl comes along and there is less time for her. Her way of getting attention was very likely doing something she knew better to do. I see her picking on Carl from the time he was born, and getting hit by the wooden spoon increasing by a frustrated Sandy who didn't know how to handle Jodi.

I'm sorry that I laugh when Jodi tells her and Travis having sex. What would you think of a woman that let you into her bedroom and took off her clothes and grinded agaisnt you a week after you met her? And of a quick meeting for *advertiser censored*, and OMG the perversion that Travis adjusted the mirror because he liked to watch, then he 's on his way. Then three weeks later you have the motel stay. Out of town where you won't be seen by and friends or family. What would a young healthy man think?

I am really kind of disappointed. There is much ado about nothing. She still has nothing to say. I want Juan to cross examine her. She will show her true self.

They mentioned that he started performing sexual acts on her while she was asleep, yes. And she was talking about how hot it was. "Like, whoa."

Wasn't that after she'd fallen asleep in one of his armchairs... (sorry can't remember for sure)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuehlsdorf
Back