Discussion Thread #60 - 14.9.12 ~ the appeal~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a vague recollection of one of the ex-girlfriends taking the dogs - ? Vicky Miles. He had a bull terrier (Enzo) and an American pitbull (Silo). "I selected them because I thought they would make the best watchdogs." He said the dogs were placid, friendly, not aggressive and didn’t bark. He told a journalist who was visiting him that the last journalist who came had his toenail ripped off and there was blood everywhere.

Trish Taylor said in her book, “Sammy once saw a Facebook profile picture of a woman called Jenna Edkins sitting on Oscar’s bed with Kola, the puppy that Sammy and Oscar had bought together. He always denied he was having any contact with Jenna, but the picture proved otherwise.

Kola was only a few months old when Oscar’s two vicious bulldogs killed her. Sammy was devastated”.

Killer dogs, killer owner, killer owner's brother. Birds of a feather ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...feared-gun-crazy-Pistorius-kill-daughter.html

Little puppy Kola wasn’t the only dog who ended up dead.

Capone, his Jack Russell, was also killed a couple months earlier.

Perhaps OP’s two big dogs (or at least one of them) were not entirely placid, quiet little pussycats as he would have everyone believe?

(I'm thinking they would have awakened all of Silverwoods Estate at 3am and EATEN a real intruder.)

"It was bad. My two dogs got into a bit of a fight and the Jack Russell didn't make it after visiting the vet. I love my animals and it's so sad."
- Oscar Pistorius
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/int...for-a-medal-says-oscar-pistorius-6441324.html

Oscar Pistorius @OscarPistorius 29 Aug 2011
My little Jackrussel died yesterday.. Feel pretty guttered.. Its special how I pets make us feel.. http://yfrog.com/mmh4mxj

Oscar Pistorius @OscarPistorius 4 Nov 2011
Need to find a name for the new addition to our family.. She is a duxie cross that I got from Wetnose animal shelter this am. Any ideas?

Oscar Pistorius @OscarPistorius 7 Nov 2011
Think im going with Kola.. She is pretty trick. She walks/swims in the shower and sleeps through the night :) http://lockerz.com/s/154072771

~rsbm~

Well yes, but I'm still hoping that something really substantial will suddenly reveal itself which proves 100% that he did it .. although I would've thought that photo 55 already did that, but I just want something specific that really nails it .. isn't that what this forum is for? :thinking:

BiB
It sure is and I hope I didn't imply otherwise !
If it came over that way my sincere apologies it wasn't meant:)

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/l...nly-fair-that-he-has-to-face-us-30850862.html

'Pistorius took Reeva away from us so it's only fair that he has to face us'

"Reeva had a thing about feathers; she loved their delicacy and beauty. I started to notice little white feathers and I'd think, she's here. I'm sure there are lots of things you cling to in grief as signs that the person you have lost has not really gone away, and it makes me feel better to believe that her spirit is still with us."

They had been South Africa's golden couple - she a model on the brink of a lucrative TV career, he the double amputee Olympic and Paralympic hero known as the "blade runner". But June says she knew things weren't right in the couple's three-month relationship, and that she sensed Reeva was looking for an out.

Meanwhile, June and Barry, a horse trainer, are serving their own life sentence without their daughter. June has now written her version of events in her book, Reeva: A Mother's Story, which charts the story of Reeva's life, her untimely death, the trial and everything that followed.

Google translation:

Oscar Pistorius, stripped of South African hero: why his parents chose to amputate

Oscar Pistorius is the story of the mad competitive nature in the Olympic games is the story of a meteoric rise, the history of the controversial role of the media. This is the story, too, of a young democracy, South Africa. This is the story of a murder, and a love story. And finally it is the story of Oscar Pistorius himself, this child had both legs amputated at the age of 11 months, which runs alongside the fastest men in the world, whose life is tragic, Shakespearean, whatever the outcome of his trial. From "Oscar Pistorius," John Carlin, published by Seuil (1/2).

Oscar Pistorius was born on 22 November 1986 with fibular hemimelia, that is to say without fibulas. As mysterious as rare, this bone malformation had no known genetic link with parents. His legs unusually short, had therefore no fibula, the long bone that connects the end and knee and ankle parallel to the shin. His ankles were only half-formed; heels, instead of facing down, were on the side; the arches were not convex but concave, they did not have the form of an arch, but that of a ship's hull; and he had two toes instead of five.

His parents, devastated, immediately understood that he could never stand, let alone walk on feet also atrophied and deformed. His mother, Sheila Pistorius, born Sheila Bekker, bears a surname rather common among some 40% of white South African population who defined themselves as English speakers, in a country where everyone feels compelled to historically find a tribal affiliation. Sheila was a housewife. Henke Pistorius, her husband, was a businessman. Rather badly organized, it had its ups and downs, but the birth of Oscar, he was doing well, allowing the family to live in the typical white material comfort and well-off middle classes of the South Africa of apartheid. They lived in a large house in the hills of Constantia Kloof, a rich and vibrant suburb of Johannesburg, about sixty kilometers from Pretoria, the capital of the country.

Henke was an Afrikaner, the white majority in South Africa which is expressed in a language derived from the Dutch spoken by settlers who settled at the Cape in the seventeenth century. Henke was proud of the history of his people. He liked guns, like many Afrikaners and not reluctant to make solemn declarations in front of his Calvinist god. A key moment in the Afrikaner history, as any child of this community was learning in school, was the wish of the Day, which commemorates the victory of the Boers against the Zulus, December 16, 1838, during the Great Trek. That day, the Boer people who had left for Cape Town to win the inland révulsées among others by the decision of the British colonial authorities had taken to abolish slavery, had to face clashes of rare violence against a real contingent of Zulu warriors. Far fewer than their opponents, migrants vowed that if God helped them win the battle, they and their descendants would honor this day forever, and would make it a holy day. Four hundred and seventy Boers armed with pistols and rifles routed a Zulu army of ten thousand armed only with spears.

Read more athttp://www.atlantico.fr/decryptage/oscar-pistorius-heros-dechu-afrique-sud-pourquoi-parents-choisirent-amputer-john-carlin-seuil-1915187.html#9XEklVM1XGZdXk3l.99

Becky Higgins ‏@Bhiggins1987 12. Dez.

#Dewani #Pistorius and #OJSimpson should form a lucky bastards club

http://rekordeast.co.za/37683/lawley-street-wonderland-including-pistorius-mansion/

“Malicious, petty, totally unfair and worst of all, completely untrue.”

This was the reaction of neighbours of Arnorld Pistorius in Lawley Street in Waterkloof – known for being turned into a spectacle of Christmas lights and festive cheer by residents in the upmarket street who spend thousands of rands annually to decorate their homes.

“Arnold was the first to have his house decorated with special, beautiful and tasteful lights and one of the first to turn the lights at his house on,” said a neighbour about the uncle of the blade runner, Oscar Pistorius, sentenced to five years imprisonment for shooting his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in February 2013. None of the neighbours who spoke to Rekord wanted to be identified.

ArnoldHome.jpg

So very well said, Sherbert.

Entirely lost in Masipa’s ruling is the one crucial key that should have driven this case. Oscar never faced any threat - ZERO. How is a closed, locked door ever a “threat”? He was NEVER in danger. This is not simply a technicality - it’s the very heart of SA gun laws.

That a seasoned judge would allow a murder defendant to skate to the safety of PPD on the amorphous, illusory basis of alleged “sound” and “noise” is beyond the pale.

In essence, her ruling creates a new defense to murder:

Actual or imminent ATTACK is no longer required to claim PPD - merely claimed perceptions of “fear”, “terror”, “sounds” and “noise”.

How frightening is that? The Oscar Defense will become the new get-out-of-jail-free card.

How could the SCA ever uphold such a horrific, dangerous precedent?

Thanks Lux! Regarding Directus, here's a trip down memory lane. Cringe.

'Significantly Ms Burger refused to concede that she could have missed hearing the first sounds – that is the shots – as she might have been asleep at the time and that what she heard was a cricket bat striking against the toilet door. The evidence of this witness as well as that of her husband, Mr Johnson, who sought to corroborate her evidence, was correctly criticised in my view as unreliable'.

I'm thinking that, as the trial was recorded, this has to place the Supreme Court judges in a more advantageous position than usual regarding findings of fact. With this in mind, I'm hoping - against all the odds - that they'll defy convention and bravely state that a thorough examination of the recorded evidence leaves them in some doubt as to the correctness of the trial court's factual findings.

This is what we're up against:

'In the absence of demonstrable and material misdirection by the trial court, its findings of fact are presumed to be correct and will only be disregarded if the recorded evidence shows them to be clearly wrong (Sv Hadebe and Others 1997 (2) SACR 641 (SCA) at 645e-f). This, in my view, is certainly not a
case in which a thorough reading of the record leaves me in any doubt as to the correctness of the trial court's factual findings. Bearing in mind the advantage that a trial court has of seeing,hearing and appraising a witness, it is only in exceptional cases that this court will be entitled to interfere with a trial court's evaluation of oral testimony...'

http://www.saflii.org/za/cases/ZASCA/2012/75.pdf

This is my first post here even though i have been following this thread for some time, so Hi to everyone. Of the many illogical déclarations made by OP the case of firing at the door is just another one, after having asked the supposed intruder to "get out" why blast at the door when they would of been doing just that..

This is my first post here even though i have been following this thread for some time, so Hi to everyone. Of the many illogical déclarations made by OP the case of firing at the door is just another one, after having asked the supposed intruder to "get out" why blast at the door when they would of been doing just that..

:welcome:

:welcome6: Colin!!

And..........................how could they get out of the toilet window:) ?
Think about it:)

The ladder (in OP's imagination) was at the other window..............." I was looking between the door and the window"..............not the toilet window though. He meant the bathroom window where he said the intruders entered by the ladders.

Another major point I think Nel failed in by not re-inforcing the point to the Judge and the assessors even though he did mention it.

He told the court the 'intruder', in his opinion, had entered the 'bathroom' by climbing up ladders at the bathroom window.
He then told the court he heard the toilet door slam shut and he believed the intruder was in the toilet.
He then told them to 'get out'................lol fx me.
He must have known even if all that was remotely true they would have had to jump from the toilet window to the ground below because the ladder would have been at the 'bathroom' window...............anyway he gave whoever was behind the door no chance of survival whatsoever.

Why did the judge and the assessors not see this is the question !!
Unbelievable.

Exactly. He just (allegedly) told them to "get the ****** out of my house" and then fired four bullets into the toilet making sure they couldn't escape. OP is just a compulsive :liar: whose nose should have grown long enough to reach another continent or two, but for insane reasons, Masipa bought his crap and allowed a vicious killing to serve just about the minimum amount of time in jail. By the way :welcome:

http://www.newsaddicted.com/2014/09/11/pistorius-awaits-homicide-verdict/

Both sides agree four bullets were fired. Ms Steenkamp was hit three times.

Mr Pistorius said he fired his weapon after hearing a noise in the toilet which he thought was the intruder coming out of the toilet to attack him and Ms Steenkamp.

He said he was in a fearful state, knowing he was on his stumps and unable to run away or properly defend himself.

Mr Pistorius said he rejected claims that he was on his prostheses when he shot at the door.

A witness told the trial she woke to hear a woman screaming and a man shouting for help. She said that after the screams she heard four shots.

... and if OP being on stumps isn't the truth, despite the expert's statement???

http://www.newsaddicted.com/2014/09/11/pistorius-awaits-homicide-verdict/

Both sides agree four bullets were fired. Ms Steenkamp was hit three times.

Mr Pistorius said he fired his weapon after hearing a noise in the toilet which he thought was the intruder coming out of the toilet to attack him and Ms Steenkamp.

He said he was in a fearful state, knowing he was on his stumps and unable to run away or properly defend himself.

Mr Pistorius said he rejected claims that he was on his prostheses when he shot at the door.

A witness told the trial she woke to hear a woman screaming and a man shouting for help. She said that after the screams she heard four shots.

... and if OP being on stumps isn't the truth, despite the expert's statement???

BIR

I never understood how Masipa swallowed his lies. What was also quite extraordinary was her interpretation that his behaviour in the dock showed remorse. I think it showed how fearful he was of being caught under questioning.

How he can claim he could not protect himself when he was armed with a powerful pistol pointed at the toilet door, loaded with lethal bullets is another of his lies. He was adequately armed to kill without moving anything other than his trigger finger. The door was closed/locked. He had an enormous advantage even if there had been an intruder. He also knew that legally he should not shoot unless he saw an intruder. This was proven in court by his certification to carry a weapon.

This guy is a liar and utterly despicable :liar::liar: but as bad is the ludicrous failure of the Judge and Assessors to bring in an adequate verdict by choosing to totally ignore the circumstantial evidence of trustworthy witnesses with no axe to grind. To ignore these witnesses who claimed they heard a woman scream and for the Defence not to prove that OP screamed like a woman (as Roux promised) the Judge totally failed in her duty IMO. All that was needed was for her to believe that a woman did scream. His nearest neighbour denied (on the stand) that his crying out sounded like a woman. How could JM ignore that? What more did the Judge/Assessors need to prove he was lying.

I am hoping the appeal will change the verdict but, quite honesty, I think there is a strong likelihood, because of who he is, that it won't. I truly hope I am very wrong.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-afr...-sa-prisons-for-festive-1.1797673#.VJk_B_823c

Tighter security at SA prisons for festive

“With the festive season, the department is again faced with security and safety challenges unique to this period of the year.

This is, generally, a period during which inmates are desperate to escape for various reasons, which may include to participate in criminal activities or simply to be with family or friends.

“For this reason special emphasis is placed on security measures in correctional centres during December and January, with increased visibility and involvement of managers at all levels in the operational activities at the country’s 243 correctional centres,” Maistry said.

1 comment on this:
This guy is only paying lip service . There's nothing special they do . Guys like Krejcir & OP will still enjoy their turkey washed down with thei favourite wine .

All in all not what you would expect from a court of such importance where the eyes of the world were watching, it was as if the sentence was decided in advance and something went wrong along the way and a compromise had to be made to save face .........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24