Discussions about the Court Docs in the case of Estate of Gilbert vs Hackett

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
thank you so much for sharing....if not for you I would not have found this. I read all of this except for the entire Hackett file. just goes to show, lot going on here! when you read joe scalise sr's WOW! also, the discrepancies from Brennan to Tom Canning are of extreme interest.

btw the brewer case I was looking into was not of much interest. I didn't read too much but it seemed to be someone had a slip n fall on the sidewalk in front of Brewer's business.

I started reading through the documents that were efiled as soon as they came up on the ecourts site. I didn't post, because, well...I didn't know what to do with all the information, how to post it, etc., and honestly was nervous to do so. Thanks so much for starting the thread, PillowofWinds, and thanks for reposting the links, xasms.

Reading....That's basically what I've been doing when I have time, as of late. There's a huge amount of information there, and a lot of hours of reading time. What I appreciate most about this information is that they are statements given about events, outside of media, possible spin, etc. Doesn't mean those who said things were telling the absolute truth, of course. It's going to take a lot of picking apart, for whoever is up for it. I hope this information helps lead to some further understanding in Shannan's case, and the larger LISK issues.

New user here. Forgive me for my broken english, not my first language

I'm a lawyer in my country and used to depositions, interrogations etc I've just read Michael Pak's deposition and I'm astonished, he didn't tell any truth even by coincidence, even when he is tellig about his past it seems that he does not want to tell anything truthfull, wow.

His recollection of the night of "the incident" is contradictory in ways that really concerns me. I've always thought that he wasn't involved and I'm still convinced that it's really difficult to him to be involved but he is lying in so many things... I would comment again once I've thought long and hard about what i've just read, so shocking

Last edited:
New user here. Forgive me for my broken english, not my first language

I'm a lawyer in my country and used to depositions, interrogations etc I've just read Michael Pak's deposition and I'm astonished, he didn't tell any truth even by coincidence, even when he is tellig about his past it seems that he does not want to tell anything truthfull, wow.

His recollection of the night of "the incident" is contradictory in ways that really concerns me. I've always thought that he wasn't involved and I'm still convinced that it's really difficult to him to be involved but he is lying in so many things... I would comment again once I've thought long and hard about what i've just read, so shocking

In my mind, Pak has always been the prime suspect and one who truly knows everything about what happened that night. Amazingly, after the SCPD questioned him, nothing happened. Maybe he had a "Get out of jail free card"

In my mind, Pak has always been the prime suspect and one who truly knows everything about what happened that night. Amazingly, after the SCPD questioned him, nothing happened. Maybe he had a "Get out of jail free card"
It's obvious to me he is a liar and will do anything for money. I do think that he caught up with Shannan after she left Brennans house. It makes sense that he may have been paid to return her to who she was running from. The clothes and items found so far away from her body are baffling to me. I think they may have caught up to her there, and she got away again and ran further into the marsh area...

Or my other theory is that they dumped her personal items close to Hackett's, kept her captive for a period of time, then afterwards they disposed of her body further into the marsh, but still close to Hackett's. I do think Hackett is involved in some way, but I do not believe he acted alone in anything. I'm theorizing that Brewer might have went to pick up drugs from him or from Canning.

Joe Scalise Sr's story sounds the most believable so far. And I realize the Scalise's have long ongoing feuds with some of their neighbors. Joey Jr seemed to have a lot to say in the past, but I don't even see any EBT or affidavit of his. (I am one of the ones who doesn't trust John Ray). Looks like Joey Jr worked for Tom Canning landscaping. So they must not have been enemies at all times.
Brennan and the Cannings stories totally contradict one another and have made me believe that Brennan's statements are more so true.

Is Hackett's prescription pad being scrutinized???

Does anyone know why there is nothing from Joe Scalise, Jr. or Eleanor Canning? I remember reading that Scalise Jr wasn't trying to throw Hackett under the bus anymore after he was busted in PA.

Seems pretty damning for Hackett. One thing Ray didn’t bring up was Hackett’s initial keenness to tell people he had medicated Shannan with a sedative.

There was a lot of activity going on, police visiting and flying over the site, families causing ructions. If Hackett was involved (and I think he was) he may well have feared that Shannon’s body would be found quickly enough for samples to be taken which would confirm the presence of a prescribed, non-recreational drug (eg an anaesthetic of some kind).

That would have meant suspicion immediately focusing on Hackett as the only person in the area with easy access to those drugs. As time went on and it became clear Shannon’s body would be unlikely to be found in a condition where those tests could easily be done, he distanced himself from the earlier claims about medicating Shannan as they no longer served his purpose.

It really is, as Ray said, the guilty flee where non-pursue. Would that be disallowed in a court as speculation, I wonder?

I started reading through the documents that were efiled as soon as they came up on the ecourts site. I didn't post, because, well...I didn't know what to do with all the information, how to post it, etc., and honestly was nervous to do so. Thanks so much for starting the thread, PillowofWinds, and thanks for reposting the links, xasms.

Reading....That's basically what I've been doing when I have time, as of late. There's a huge amount of information there, and a lot of hours of reading time. What I appreciate most about this information is that they are statements given about events, outside of media, possible spin, etc. Doesn't mean those who said things were telling the absolute truth, of course. It's going to take a lot of picking apart, for whoever is up for it. I hope this information helps lead to some further understanding in Shannan's case, and the larger LISK issues.

I am sooo curious about the ecourts site you talk about? I googled "ecourt" and saw individual states, I also have to register for access. Is there a general court, will they let you share the link here at WS? I would private message, but I don't know how at this time o_O

I am sooo curious about the ecourts site you talk about? I googled "ecourt" and saw individual states, I also have to register for access. Is there a general court, will they let you share the link here at WS? I would private message, but I don't know how at this time o_O

This is how I do it, and I have a VPN, etc.:

eCourts

Scroll down to WebCivil Supreme

There are two options underneath that, but I click on the first one (WebCivil Supreme)

Choose "Index Search"

And in the first box, put in the following: 033683/2012
(That is Estate of Shannan Gilbert's civil case against CPH)

Scroll down, and hit "Find Case" button

The case should pop up. From there, click on the link under the "Index Number"

A new popup box will open up, scroll down to the bottom and there are several things you can view. To see the documents that have been filed, click on "Show efiled Documents" ...next page that opens, you can click on different documents to read. For the newest ones, scroll to the bottom. Hope that helps.

You may run into a captcha while searching, but it's not a big deal.

Hope this helps!

This is how I do it, and I have a VPN, etc.:

eCourts

Scroll down to WebCivil Supreme

There are two options underneath that, but I click on the first one (WebCivil Supreme)

Choose "Index Search"

And in the first box, put in the following: 033683/2012
(That is Estate of Shannan Gilbert's civil case against CPH)

Scroll down, and hit "Find Case" button

The case should pop up. From there, click on the link under the "Index Number"

A new popup box will open up, scroll down to the bottom and there are several things you can view. To see the documents that have been filed, click on "Show efiled Documents" ...next page that opens, you can click on different documents to read. For the newest ones, scroll to the bottom. Hope that helps.

You may run into a captcha while searching, but it's not a big deal.

Hope this helps!
Oh my gosh, thank you so much. I will definitely play around with this on the weekend. I have never heard of this before!!

In Hackett's first deposition, Ray points out a note Hackett made in his notebook (on page 347 beginning w line 14).
Hackett wrote "started following sunrise (used Brewer)".
Ray almost spoonfeeds Hackett the answer to his question about this notation and asks Hackett if "sunrise" meant the time of day. Hackett immediately agrees with "that's what I'm getting from it" (meaning the best assumption he can make about what his note meant is that sunrise was the time of day SG started being followed as she banged on doors). Hackett's attorney stays uncharecteristically non-argumentative during this exchange and Ray doesn't question further - just moves on.

When I first saw that notation I immediately thought of Sunrise Highway; most definitely not the time the sun was rising. I've taken Sunrise Highway everytime I've travelled to LI from Manhattan in order to get to both Babylon and Fire Island via Patchogue for family vacations.

If you're in Oak Beach and want to get to the mainland, you take Ocean Parkway to the Robert Moses Causeway and you'll find yourself in the West Islip, Babylon, Bay Shore area. If you head north just a bit further, you'll hit Sunrise Highway.

If anyone unfamiliar with the area is curious, do a quick basic Google Maps search on Sunrise Highway and you'll see it spans the southern part of the island from Queens all the way out east.

"Started following Sunrise (used Brewer)" sounds to me like movement on Sunrise Highway, not a time of day.

Throughout the years (and depositions) there has been talk of a trip that was taken from Brewer's house.
Maybe I'm wrong.
But thought I'd mention it anyhow.

Last edited:
New doc up in the case from CPH attorney, asking again for summary judgment and trying to press for it #114 Affidavit or Affirmation in Reply: eCourts

(directions above for accessing documents).

Did not see defense addressing CPH's credentials as a physician. Trying to go after witness statements, saying they are not notarized properly/missing jurat, etc. I find this comical, given the Affidavit in Support by CPH (doc #67) has the name he is sworn by different from the name he signs as. If we're going to be picky.... IMHO.

Also, is Sherre deceased? It is mentioned that both Sherre and Mari are deceased in the new doc. And same issues with CPH's name lacking consistency, at one point he is called PH, and this is all different than what he is actually named as, as defendant. Nitpicky stuff, I know, but I don't know how much it could matter if not caught.

Been follong this case for a long time thanks for posting these docs they are a real eye opener. tThere stories differ quite a bit especially BB and TC. Not rocket science to see someone is lying here. I was always curious on the JB nursery connection. TC had an account with him and at one point felt bissett was stepping on his toes doing landscaping at oak beach Very curious to know if TC did any of the appraisals for HF or other properties Looking into TC further I noticed he had a audio video consulting company building dream mancaves. Also noticed he witnessed the bay constable shooting in 2004 I'm curious what may have really went on that day now. Should not be to hard to see If JC worked at the library that morning. Get one of the cards to fall and it going to crumble fast

Here is the NY Post article that quotes JC, which he alleges he asked to be retracted. Is anyone else wondering how GC knew SG was no longer alive about a year BEFORE her body was found?
Victims found on LI beach all identified as women; FBI has joined serial killer probe
Not sure how a reporter could make that mistake seems so strange. GC I think was good friends with PH. I would like to find the transcripts of the oak beach bay constable murder from 2004 TC was a witness so maybe public record.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back