Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable that this has happened for the second time! Zervakos refused to deliberate from the beginning. Now this holdout. Only one juror in both trials. (The three lifers from the first trial were initially for death and changed to life only because of the foreman).

She watched the Lifetime movie and wanted to discuss it during deliberations.

What a travesty of justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sky hughes email??

How do they feel about it?

it made them feel like there was some emotional abuse.

there was a case here in texas years back where one juror refused to deliberate. she would lay on the floor, cover her ears and sing loudly when they spoke to her. the jurors BEGGED the judge to remove her and were refused. mistrial in that case too.

wow....they like sherry. i don't. :laughing:

Won't like her when they find out what she did to them.....

Tweets:

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago

they liked Stephens. Felt she had a lot of heart. #JodiArias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 2m2 minutes ago

jurors liked Judge Sherry Stephens. #jodiarias Thought she has a lot of heart.

:gaah: OMG ... seriously ? for real ?

:thinking: Well, we'll see how much "heart" JSS has when she gives JA her sentence !

I would laugh but I am angry. Yeah there are a couple who will. You know who they are! Lol.

Yes. I don't blame JSS. She couldn't have done anything different to change the outcome once this juror was empaneled. I blame the stealth juror. Even the jury likes JSS.

Unsure. Older Hispanic woman

I think it is this person as described by BK:JUROR #17

Young Hispanic Female, guessed to be in her late 20's
Was not for or against DP, believes it is a serious sentence but says she can vote for it.
Has a personal and familial history of DV, was in abusive relationship with her ex for more than a decade and was physically abused by him at least once--but she says she can set aside her personal experience and judge this case on its own merits. Ex husband was imprisoned for robbery
She is now married to someone she met online.

Jurors: Jury instructions seemed a little lengthy, more than one juror got hung up on different pieces of the instructions and couldn't remember all of it.

Huge effect what we believe she deserved, I could not say enough how sorry I am.

JSS, they liked her

DT portrayed Travis as an horrible person, that was a low blow.

They did not have testimony from guilty phase, only some exhibits, stacks of dvd with dates and nothing tagged.

Chris and Skye Hughes email, that letter was originally was part of was swayed me to believe there was abuse, needed more info from Huges, in the end it wasn't enough to keep me from voting DP.

They believe DeMarte and BPD and feel it was not mitigating

Demarte - vindicated .

IMO this isn't even a win for the defense. They didn't buy this crap. One lady lied from the get go. They got lucky is all. Really really lucky, twice.

Just goes to show that there are a lot of dishonorable people in the world, since they found one on the jury in both trials. I can't imagine why a person would lie, then wait months and months through all the BS to finally reveal that they were , indeed, a liar. Mind blown.

That said she refused from day one. right away.

I agree. Azlawyer has said they can remove a juror that refuses to deliberate but not if she refused to be swayed. 2 hours in - she was refusing to deliberate.

Should have kicked her butt off!

If she had, it would have most likely been overturned on appeal....think of that. She didn't outright "REFUSE" to deliberate like in the Scott Peterson trial, she just wanted to focus on the journals, etc.

Disagree, if it's true about the lifetime movies she watched and everything else the jurors have said about her it would not have been enough to overturn on appeal. The correct decision would have been for JSS to remove her. This is on JSS.

C and S Hughes letter swayed juror away from DP until very end of deliberations.

I can't believe they weren't granted access to all the stuff from trial 1

This should be criminal in my opinion. Too bad the state doesn't have any recourse. So unfair.

DO you think anything would have helped that jury be swayed. She believed that Jodi had a bad psych make up.

That's not what they said...they said she was unwilling to change her mind from day one...she didn't talk much..that isn't a valid reason to replace.
They also said they did NOT feel it was fair for her to have additional information from the movie that the rest of them didn't have--was one of the reasons they wanted to have her replaced along with the fact that she wasn't open to deliberating her position and discussing openly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem