Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurors not suprised that JA did not complete testimony, it would not have made a difference to them if she allocuted.

More evidence that these judges need to be less nonchalant about jury selection, and we need, need, need, basic testing to determine a person's ability to reason and think critically before allowing them on a jury. Belvin Perry gave us the woman "who can't judge another person"...and allowed her on a jury. Now we have a juror who thinks the death penalty is "revenge". Makes me worry for the future of the country.

How is this legal? The juror should have been removed based on the law. How did this happen. I was upset about a hung jury, but now I am angry that this has been allowed to happen. Sorry but this proves to be beyond any doubt that JSS had no business with this case!!

I was just able to start listening to the jurors I already feel bad for them. Of course my luck I get a phone call right as it starts. So I had to pause it all.

They also said they did NOT feel it was fair for her to have additional information from the movie that the rest of them didn't have--was one of the reasons they wanted to have her replaced along with the fact that she wasn't open to deliberating her position and discussing openly.

as if a crappy lifetime movie means anything. and it's NOT evidence so she shouldn't have even been discussing it.

OH...I am loving this jury. I don't want to hear from the DEFENSE.

JSS should have pulled this juror off as soon as she admitted to watching the movie and refusing to deliberate.

AZL - WHAT should JSS have done, once the Jury informed her that one juror was unwilling to deliberate at all?

AZLawyer,

I also posted a transcription upthread of an interview on The Daily Share on HLN

If the "Holdout" juror also did not disclose prior knowledge of the case during Voir Dire, and/or otherwise misrepresented herself, which sounds like a stealth juror to me, does the State have any recourse?

TIA......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is this person as described by BK:JUROR #X17

Young Hispanic Female, guessed to be in her late 20's
Was not for or against DP, believes it is a serious sentence but says she can vote for it.
Has a personal and familial history of DV, was in abusive relationship with her ex for more than a decade and was physically abused by him at least once--but she says she can set aside her personal experience and judge this case on seperately. Ex husband was imprisoned for robbery
She is now married to someone she met online.

I saw her described as older. Had a husband who had been imprisoned

Well, I'm over 30, still Liberal, and am for the DP. Still think I have no brains???

It's not my quote.. Talk to Churchill. But I like the quote. I'm allowed. No offense to you.

I don't think so because she was refusing to deliberate and brought in outside info that was not part of the trial.

But even if.. So what?

Because again, it all comes back to JSS conducting this trial as to not be overturned...of course she wouldn't remove her! No one should be surprised.

I feel just as upset, but this is all on letting this juror on to begin with and on JSS. I can't do anything about it. I take solace in CMJA spending the rest of her life in jail....which would have been the same outcome, other than her not being on death row. At least now she has no automatic appeals.

This is the most shocking thing I have heard in this trial. Holy cow!

To me the most shocking is that the stealth juror watched the Lifetime movie. That should have been cause for dismissal. Did JSS and Juan know about this???

So angry.

The 11 jurors are pissed. They say she refused to deliberate, would not give any reasons for why she thought Jodi deserved life. Talked about the Lifetime movie in deliberations. They feel she had an agenda going in. They asked point blank if she actually believed in the death penalty and she said absolutely but then called the death penalty a form of revenge. They asked her what it would take for her to give death and she wouldn't answer. She should never have been on jury. The other jurors were working hard looking at evidence and trying. They said it seemed to become more about pride for her than an actual belief.

It's not my quote.. Talk to Churchill. But I like the quote. I'm allowed. No offense to you.

Thank you for taking it off. It doesn't apply to me.

It's the best possible outcome. 11 saw no reason for her to keep breathing so couldn't have believed a word she said. One made it through voire dire when she shouldn't have and was vulnerable to believing DV when there wasn't any. Maybe she was the juror who wanted off and was refused, maybe she wasn't. It doesn't matter.

Perryville with the DP turns out to be, after a few months there, no different than Perryville with LWOP. The DP wasn't going to mean isolation enough to make any long term difference in how she exists for the rest of her life (may it be a very short one). This way she's cut off in ways that do matter to her, and the Alexanders are as free of her as they ever are going to be.

Frankly that's cold comfort. And tell that to the Alexanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024