Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A previous posting had asked if the Alexander family could present a victim impact statement at the sentencing hearing.
If I understand the material correctly, the members of the family could present such a statement in writing, or through audiotape or videotape, or orally at the hearing. Information about the location of the family members will not be given to the defendant or to the public.
The victim impact statement becomes public property, and, I believe, as such, the defendant may have a copy of the statement.
http://www.maricopacountyattorney.org/pdfs/victim-services/Victim-Services-AZ-Laws.pdf

In any proceeding in which the victim has the right to be heard pursuant to article II, section 2.1, Constitution of Arizona, or this chapter, the victim’s right to be heard is exercised not as a witness, the victim’s statement is not subject to disclosure to the state or the defendant or submission to the court and the victim is not subject to cross-examination. The state and the defense shall be afforded the opportunity to explain, support or deny the victim’s statement.

A detailed description about Victim Impact Statements and their importance is available at:
http://www.victimsofcrime.org/help-...ns-for-crime-victims/victim-impact-statements

Victim impact statements may provide information about damage to victims that would otherwise have been unavailable to courts or parole boards. Victims are often not called to testify in court, and if they testify, they must respond to narrow, specific questions. Victim impact statements are often the victims' only opportunity to participate in the criminal justice process or to confront the offenders who have harmed them. Many victims report that making such statements improves their satisfaction with the criminal justice process and helps them recover from the crime.

FWIW, an explanation of victims' rights in Maricopa County may be found at:

http://www.maricopacountyattorney.org/pdfs/victim-services/Victim-Services-AZ-Laws.pdf

Since JA now has established, IMO, a reputation as someone who will continually try to hurt the Alexander family members through writing letters, sending emails, and so on, I was wondering what protection could be afforded the family through the legal system. I found the following information regarding this potential problem on Page 13 of the document.

I wonder if folks like Deanna Reid, Abe, Lisa, DeMarte, Flores, the bishop, and others would be covered by this directive?

Of course I get called for JURY DUTY on April 13th! I so wish the judge (JSS) could sentence the lying murderess to death, but LWOP can be hell on earth, right? Well now I want to break the law and skip out on jury duty...eh I have a little time to make up my mind. I must say I don't think JA has really reconciled herself to ANY sentence, IMO the lying murderess STILL BELIEVES that one day she will walk free. JA is delusional as are her "supporters". The pain and anguish that JA has inflicted on anyone/everyone that loved and cared for Travis, well it's heinous and despicable. The Alexander family has been through so much, yet have shown such class and self control. I will admit that I would have struggled to restrain myself from wanting to beat the living daylights out of the lying . I have sons, it terrifies me that one may ever encounter such a manipulative EVIL female, I admit that I would want to kill any woman that did something so viscous, so premeditated and then trashed the reputation of the VICTIM in such a cold and calculated way. Hey call me cold, but I am at least being HONEST, something the convicted killer will NEVER be. JA only knows to lie, spin her tales and continually smear a good mans name and character. I hope she rots and suffers for what she has done. Okay rant over.

April 19-25 is National Crime Victims’ Rights week. That will be the murderer’s second week of never being heard of again. YAY!!!

I wonder if folks like Deanna Reid, Abe, Lisa, DeMarte, Flores, the bishop, and others would be covered by this directive?

I have no idea. Maybe AZLawyer would know. If AZL doesn't respond on this thread, I'll take it to over to the legal thread.

I'd like to think that they could, but I doubt if they would be considered as secondary victims but possibly as potential victims, given JA and her minions past behaviour.

Statute defines victims as:

ARS 13-4401
19. "Victim" means a person against whom the criminal offense has been committed, including a minor, or if the person is killed or incapacitated, the person's spouse, parent, child, grandparent or sibling, any other person related to the person by consanguinity or affinity to the second degree or any other lawful representative of the person, except if the person or the person's spouse, parent, child, grandparent, sibling, other person related to the person by consanguinity or affinity to the second degree or other lawful representative is in custody for an offense or is the accused.

(Definition of Consanguinity ("blood relation", from the Latin consanguinitas) is the property of being from the same kinship as another person. In that aspect, consanguinity is the quality of being descended from the same ancestor as another person Consanguinity is not the same as affinity, which is a close relation based on marriage rather than on common ancestry - examples in-laws, stepchildren, spouse's grandparents etc.)

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

:drumroll::drumroll::drumroll: And another day closer to Sentencing Day 4-13-15 !

After listening to some of the retrial, I am convinced JSS treated Ms MF and Wilmot with kit gloves and soft voice. And a lot of times said Mr Martinez in a firm harsh edgy voice. I could not believe her mannerisms. And JSS had private hearings with JA, just wow. It was a miracle Juan got all but one juror to see the truth. And between JSS and her assistant, I am sure the courtroom was a hostile work environment for him. Then on top of that to have his boss there the whole time.

Wilmot can't say a sentence without saying the words "Right?" and "ok". Annoying as he**, but Nurmi at times seemed to have improved delivery.

JSS and her precious assistant.....well, can't say it.

JSS also allowed NONSTOP personal attacks on Juan Martinez without saying one word to defense. Horrible judge. She should go back to family court....well maybe not even that.

AND JSS should have striked Juror #17 for crying in court before seeing even one trace of evidence....Juan was completely right about her!!

One person is a fault over the wasted millions spent on these trials: JSS.

After listening to some of the retrial, I am convinced JSS treated Ms MF and Wilmot with kit gloves and soft voice. And a lot of times said Mr Martinez in a firm harsh edgy voice. I could not believe her mannerisms. And JSS had private hearings with JA, just wow. It was a miracle Juan got all but one juror to see the truth. And between JSS and her assistant, I am sure the courtroom was a hostile work environment for him. Then on top of that to have his boss there the whole time.

Wilmot can't say a sentence without saying the words "Right?" and "ok". Annoying as he**, but Nurmi at times seemed to have improved delivery.

Nurmi had been trying to sound (and act)more like Mr Martinez through this second fiasco. He will never be one tenth the lawyer or the man
that Mr Martinez is.

Nurmi had been trying to sound (and act)more like Mr Martinez through this second fiasco. He will never be one tenth the lawyer or the man
that Mr Martinez is.

At least he was not talking 4 words a minute....:) This case would have gone into 2016!

YEP! All the BS that went on in this FAIR trial, and none of it worked. Juan Martinez had the truth on his side, the truth always comes out!

Hi MBM, I hope he doesn't give Travis' murderer any attention. I'd like to see the interview be about JM as a prosecutor.
YES!! I AGREE! He is a fascinating man for sure. I think it would be stellar if he DID give an interview and they asked something like "what was your hardest case" and he talked about some other case never mentioning the Arias case and if they ask him about it he just replies like he did in the press conference. It was just another case, like many other cases. That's my dream interview.

At least he was not talking 4 words a minute....:) This case would have gone into 2016!

I hate how he would always start out saying something and then immediately he says "let me back up a minute" SO annoying how much he says this. JMHO

YEP! All the BS that went on in this FAIR trial, and none of it worked. Juan Martinez had the truth on his side, the truth always comes out!

The truth does not always triumph and justice does not always prevail. Casey Anthony, is one example. Also that awful woman in TN who shot her husband in the back while he was sleeping, Winkler, I think her name was. We don't even have to mention OJ, although the evidence against him was nothing like that for JA. More evidence was there for premeditation in JA's case than all the others put together.

Then lets not forget the Blue Eyed Butcher, who stabbed her husband over two hundred times and used two knives because she broke one. He was tied to the bed while she did her dirty work. Also he weighed over 200lbs and she was tiny but she dragged him outside and buried him and wrestled two king size mattresses outside. IT CAN BE DONE BY SMALLER WOMEN. But the Blue eyed butcher only got 20 years. She is probable out of prison by now on parole. NO JUSTICE for his family and no evidence of abuse.:hills::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

image.jpg

She has ten more nights in jail Travis, then off to prison for the rest of her life

:seeya:

RBBM: This is extremely concerning and totally inappropriate, IMO.

I know I will sound like a "broken record" but I do NOT trust JSS to sentence JA appropriately, which would be LWOP.

But we shall see in just 11 days ...

:waitasec: But then again, I would NOT be surprised IF there is some sort of delay because that is how JSS's court rolls.

:gaah: . . . :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member