Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks dgc. Can I add my main concern? see siggy.

:seeya: Oh my YES -- how could I forget that one ? Thank You !

So adding:

6. WHO leaked the names of the Jurors ? I hope they are investigating ... but probably not !

:gaah:

I Think JM would have went farther than just a charge of perjury, which is a class 4 felony. How about accessory before and after the fact in a first degree murder, also he could be charged with forgery. All these charges could carry a long prison term and even if he could have beat some of them he surly would have been convicted of some of them. That would scare anyone if they had a family to protect. He backed out because he was guilty and he knew it.

Those letters were introduced to the state June 10, 2010. There were 10 of them and they were dated from Nov 27, 2006 to May, 27, 2008. The pedo letter was dated Jan 21, 2007. He baptized her right before Thanksgiving, didn't he? Well the 27th was the Monday right after Thanksgiving. January 21, 2007 was a Sunday and the May 27th letter was on Monday right after Labor Day on the 26th. This woman is nuts. And all her composing was done by someone who didn't have a real life like Travis did and many celebrations on different Holidays. She had no one to celebrate with and held no reverence for different Holidays.

Nurmi kept saying no handwriting expert said the letters were forgeries but Juan in his oral arguments to the court said without the originals and the source of the letter they couldn't determine if they were not cut and paste jobs or not. And since the defendant refused to produce the originals or the source of the electronic transfer they could not be corroborated. CMJA claimed MM saw the originals. I just bet he did because he was instrumental in creating them.

CMJA changed her defense on June 18, 2010 and had to have the letters to prove her self defense and his abuse, she told the court.

It seems so obvious that the letters are fake, and the timing of her dismissal of counsel just adds to that. IMO they all knew the letters were forgeries. Even though KN tried the prosecutorial misconduct motion because of what Juan told MM, he still knew they were fakes and only did that to make sure she couldn't argue ineffective counsel IMO.

This whole letter issue to me shows just how narcissistic and sociopathic she really is. She fired her counsel because she wasn't getting her way and couldn't understand why people didn't just take her word they were real. She honestly thought that she would be able to get them right in when her lawyers couldn't (or wouldn't). She has an answer for everything and it's always someone else's fault. This is her world, she just allows us to live in it - or so she thinks.

I can't wait until the 13th!!

The "irresistible" note in that video pertains to the way Dr. DeMarte looks, and it's edited to enhance certain aspects of her appearance. It seems very sexist to me. I think a better idea would be to focus on her brains: Juan hired her for her smarts, not the shape of her legs, I can almost guarantee.

I am sure there is jail time possible for perjury. I just do not think it is pursued. Look at how many lies happen in court and nothing happens from it. In Florida the parents of the baby killer lied for her and everyone knew it. And the killer herself pointed fingers at many others, from family to people she knew to people she didn't even know prior to the day she killed her child. And nothing was done and in addition, the liars all felt safe in lying, meaning they were not in fear of consequences.

In AZ, Matt M was apparently in fear of consequences because had he not been, I think he would have lied through his teeth on the stand to help free the murderer.

I'd be very interested indeed in knowing what JM said that made things loud and clear for Matt M.

It seems so obvious that the letters are fake, and the timing of her dismissal of counsel just adds to that. IMO they all knew the letters were forgeries. Even though KN tried the prosecutorial misconduct motion because of what Juan told MM, he still knew they were fakes and only did that to make sure she couldn't argue ineffective counsel IMO.

This whole letter issue to me shows just how narcissistic and sociopathic she really is. She fired her counsel because she wasn't getting her way and couldn't understand why people didn't just take her word they were real. She honestly thought that she would be able to get them right in when her lawyers couldn't (or wouldn't). She has an answer for everything and it's always someone else's fault. This is her world, she just allows us to live in it - or so she thinks.

I can't wait until the 13th!!

In the minute entry dated 9/14/10 court has ordered the State to turn over all e-mails from wrestlingwindmill account at Hotmail, but state says they don't have anything and from I read or understand the defense is saying the letters came from this e-mail. But that would be even stupider than we earlier thought. Why would TA write these out long hand then scan and send in an e-mail? Answer, he wouldn't. State is demanding to know the electronic evidence of who and how these letters were sent to Nurmi and he is dragging his feet. He is wanting TA's journals so his handwriting expert can examine them. That still would not answer the question State put out about the cut and paste then duplicate.

I Think JM would have went farther than just a charge of perjury, which is a class 4 felony. How about accessory before and after the fact in a first degree murder, also he could be charged with forgery. All these charges could carry a long prison term and even if he could have beat some of them he surly would have been convicted of some of them. That would scare anyone if they had a family to protect. He backed out because he was guilty and he knew it.

Those letters were introduced to the state June 10, 2010. There were 10 of them and they were dated from Nov 27, 2006 to May, 27, 2008. The pedo letter was dated Jan 21, 2007. He baptized her right before Thanksgiving, didn't he? Well the 27th was the Monday right after Thanksgiving. January 21, 2007 was a Sunday and the May 27th letter was on Monday right after Labor Day on the 26th. This woman is nuts. And all her composing was done by someone who didn't have a real life like Travis did and many celebrations on different Holidays. She had no one to celebrate with and held no reverence for different Holidays.

Nurmi kept saying no handwriting expert said the letters were forgeries but Juan in his oral arguments to the court said without the originals and the source of the letter they couldn't determine if they were not cut and paste jobs or not. And since the defendant refused to produce the originals or the source of the electronic transfer they could not be corroborated. CMJA claimed MM saw the originals. I just bet he did because he was instrumental in creating them.

CMJA changed her defense on June 18, 2010 and had to have the letters to prove her self defense and his abuse, she told the court.

I suppose if JM warned MM about lying after the pedo letters surfaced, MM could have run very scared of prosecution for all sorts of misdeeds, perjury being probably the least of it.

It's been so long and so many things have happened in this case I don't even remember what the main subject was at the time of the JM warning to MM. If MM planned on testifying about the letters as being real or whatever, and that was the testimony JM made very clear better be factual or else...then yes, MM would have run scared. Most likely because the warning was not about prosecution for perjury but for something way more serious.

I think it had to be something more serious. Perjury is too hard to prove in most instances--I think it's why it is so often let slide.

ETA: I bet it would be hard to find someone in jail convicted on a perjury charge. Probably there are some who were charged with it in conjunction with other charges but a person who is not charged with anything who takes the stand to lie in the defense of someone else--my bet would be they'd not have much to fear. So obviously JM knew more about MM than MM ever dreamed because MM was scared straight and it appears that came about from a verbal warning that this was not a game!

:seeya: Oh my YES -- how could I forget that one ? Thank You !

So adding:

6. WHO leaked the names of the Jurors ? I hope they are investigating ... but probably not !

:gaah:

I also say probably not.

If there was suspicion that anyone from the state side or victim family had leaked the information it would be pursued. Since it appears to be DT...no biggie, I guess.

Our justice system needs a new face. Lady with scales is not cutting it anymore. The system is just too one-sided now.

CMJA's former attorney, Victoria Washington speaks out in 2013. She implies that she will speak out in an "evidentiary type setting" once this case is concluded in superior court. OK, can't wait to hear what she has to say.:doh:

It won't let me post the link, and it has been posted many times on here, and that's "justdatruth" :thinking:

If she really cried when she heard the guilty verdict, I'm afraid she's beyond hope. I'll pass on anything she has to say.

I suppose if JM warned MM about lying after the pedo letters surfaced, MM could have run very scared of prosecution for all sorts of misdeeds, perjury being probably the least of it.

It's been so long and so many things have happened in this case I don't even remember what the main subject was at the time of the JM warning to MM. If MM planned on testifying about the letters as being real or whatever, and that was the testimony JM made very clear better be factual or else...then yes, MM would have run scared. Most likely because the warning was not about prosecution for perjury but for something way more serious.

I think it had to be something more serious. Perjury is too hard to prove in most instances--I think it's why it is so often let slide.

I agree, I do remember MM saying on facebook, he would lie for CMJA, so State probably had that info but remember she stopped by MMs on the way to Mesa on June 4th. Some claim she dyed her hair there; also it was said MM was at Darryls on June 3 with CMJA. Juan asked Darryl on the stand and he denied it but Juan had to have had a reason for asking that question. I think MM is in this killing in more ways than we think.

Also Defense asked the court to SEAL the hearing about the letters from Dec 10, 2010. And keep them sealed until further order by the court. They always want things sealed, because they are afraid someone out here may read about it and have information to give the State. The State never asked that anything be sealed only the defense.

Also why did the defense preclude the singing in jail? CMJA wanted that competition from the jury. She also didn't want the State to know who came to visit her or who called her and the court didn't deny the motions. At the end of all the minute and hearing conferences, they say, IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, affirming prior custody order. What exactly does affirming prior custody order mean???:thinking:

The "irresistible" note in that video pertains to the way Dr. DeMarte looks, and it's edited to enhance certain aspects of her appearance. It seems very sexist to me. I think a better idea would be to focus on her brains: Juan hired her for her smarts, not the shape of her legs, I can almost guarantee.

Obviously it was meant to be a funny. I think we all agree that Dr. DeMarte has brains, morals and ethics.

Nothing wrong with admiring a woman's beauty as well.

I agree, I do remember MM saying on facebook, he would lie for CMJA, so State probably had that info but remember she stopped by MMs on the way to Mesa on June 4th. Some claim she dyed her hair there; also it was said MM was at Darryls on June 3 with CMJA. Juan asked Darryl on the stand and he denied it but Juan had to have had a reason for asking that question. I think MM is in this killing in more ways than we think.Also Defense asked the court to SEAL the hearing about the letters from Dec 10, 2010. And keep them sealed until further order by the court. They always want things sealed, because they are afraid someone out here may read about it and have information to give the State. The State never asked that anything be sealed only the defense.

Also why did the defense preclude the singing in jail? CMJA wanted that competition from the jury. She also didn't want the State to know who came to visit her or who called her and the court didn't deny the motions. At the end of all the minute and hearing conferences, they say, IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, affirming prior custody order. What exactly does affirming prior custody order mean???:thinking:

I have always been "one of the few" to think he was way more involved than we know. JMO

I read a lot of the minute entries and the court docket over the weekend. This woman literally tried to get everything precluded. She wanted all TV interviews precluded, and actually got part of them precluded. Remember the part about "I will never spend one day in prison for a crime I didn't commit." ? She said this in a 48 hour interview. She would say now that so far that is the truth, because she is not in prison YET. Also she tried to file a motion to keep the Prosecution from referring to TA as a victim. Can you imagine that? If you look at the docket, you will notice that almost every day of the last seven years she has been filing one motion after another. She also got the 911 call precluded, how did she do this??? Different judges on some of this stuff. She tried to get the entire County Attorneys office precluded from prosecuting her. And the most important thing I noticed is, if at first you don't succeed, try try again, she refiled the motion asking to be reconsidered. On the forged letters, she tried 5 different times to get them into evidence, asking the court to reconsider. I think that should be a crime. But if I remember correctly, JW did it to JSS over and over again and sometime JSS gave in. Inmate JA can never say they didn't work over time, and use all means (legal and illegal) to defend her.

Nurmi tried over and over again to get ALL CHARGES DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE DUE TO EGREIOUS PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT. It made me sick every time I read that on the docket. JW tried to get Dr. H testimony about head wound precluded due to lack of expert knowledge. Hodi wanted the victim statement done by video tape to reduce their impact on the jury. Of course there is the regular (at least 15) motions for protection order for Inmate CMJA.

Then we have the usual precluded motions for the missing stolen gun evidence, the prior interviews with detectives, the fact that she shows no remorse, also she didn't want JM to be able to tell jury she had a duty to retreat. She wanted the jury to hear polygraph evidence at sentencing. Did she take a polygraph?? I didn't know about that. But mostly what you will see is Motions to Dismiss, and an equal number of motions to reconsider the ones that were denied.

Thanks for this post, samspace. Isn't it amazing the lengths this obviously guilty defendant was able to go to?

Nurmi argued -- up to the AZ Supreme Court, that JA's rights supersede all other considerations due to the fact that she was facing the DP.

In the meantime, in this case, the victim's rights were completely trampled upon.

I understand that innocent people get convicted and sentenced every day, and I find that a devastating fact for the accused and their families. Hopefully, our justice system can evolve to the point where that doesn't keep happening.

But that's not the case here. JA is clearly guilty and the aggravating factor(s) should ensure that she goes to prison for life. There is no bad DNA testing, no mistaken identity, no erroneous eye-witness testimony. Nothing in this case should have benefited JA to the extent that it has.

To answer your specific question about the polygraph, it is my understanding that she did take a polygraph REGARDING THE PEDOPHILE LETTER, which she passed. They used that as a reason to get the letter in, but given that the letter was clearly a forgery, it just adds more credence to the fact that JA is a world-class liar. Not a good liar, just a prolific one. She just can't stop herself from lying.

I don't know if there was another polygraph, but there could have been. I wouldn't be surprised. She is beyond the pale when it comes to making things up.

If she would have STFU and asked for a lawyer right from the start, there's a good chance she could have been convicted of 2nd degree or manslaughter -- or even acquitted of any and all charges!

So her many legal machinations and the accusations she leveled at a man she already killed 3-times over have been outrageous. I think everyone should be glad that her psychological makeup prevents her from: 1. telling the truth, and 2. shutting her mouth.

Were she even a wee bit smarter than she thinks she is, she could have been back on the streets by now, plying her charms on some other unsuspecting person.

I can think of some real dandy speeches I would like to hear them tell her.

I do hope they firmly blast her and not even get upset about it. Just let her have it and explain how everyone gets to enjoy their life on the outside while she has to pay for her crime being locked up all alone.

They could even throw in a few good jabs and I would be fine with that.

She was so mean in her defense that its about time she gets a taste of her own medicine.

Personally I hope they just ignore her totally but if that's a no go, then Steven could end his loss statement by reading TA's May 26th words once more ... with all the emotion that surely got lost in text form, "I don't want your apology I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me."

New BK video up. She spoke with Brandon Jones, a spokesman for Sheriff Arpaio. He says Arias will be immediately transported to Perryville after court on the 13th. She'll have to pack her belongings and say her goodbyes between now and Apr. 13

BK also spoke with a producer from HLN and as of now they do not plan to show the sentencing live

New BK video up. She spoke with Brandon Jones, a spokesman for Sheriff Arpaio. He says Arias will be immediately transported to Perryville after court on the 13th. She'll have to pack her belongings and say her goodbyes between now and Apr. 13

I have little doubt Sheriff Joe is beyond ready to be rid of her!

Maybe JM threw words at MM like... "Aiding and Abetting"..."conspiracy to commit a crime"? Words like those would make me blink a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper