Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone post the live streaming links. TIA PS. I could go for that Bock beer TexMex enjoyed yesterday.

I just cannot help shake this awful feeling that this will not be done today. I can't see the defense going away quickly, quietly, or ethically. :gaah:

Hiya Pinky. I pray your feeling is misplaced.

If JSS is a truly fair and impartial judge then today Travis' murderer will be sentenced, wearing stripes and chains, and hauled off to her concrete and steel coffin to be buried alive. It is JSS's courtroom and she can ensure that today is the end--no appeals issues for her to worry over at this point.

Looks as though today is sentencing day.

I fully expect something unexpected to happen just by the nature of this trial and the never ending circus surrounding it.

The biggest question is whether Judge Stephens will sentence her to Life with parole after 25 years, or Life without parole.

Most of the "experts" proclaim that Judge Stephens will give her Life without parole, due to the 11-1 vote for the death penalty.

As we all know, Judge Stephens seems to be completely oblivious to popular opinion and what is "normal", such as running a courtroom and keeping the defense team in line. I'd like to think that she is going to put Jodi away for the rest of her life, but I have serious doubts that she will. The latest revelation about her own assistant having it out for Martinez and siding with the defense team has me really concerned.

I can't help but wonder if the Judge and her staff haven't been influenced by Jodi's manipulation themselves. You can rest assured that Judge Stephens and Jodi have had many, many hours of face to face conversations, mainly in the Judges chambers behind closed doors and in private. I'm sure Jodi has been at her most harmless and well-behaved during those meetings and conversations.

Has Jodi been able to convince Judge Stephens that she is just an average person, that did one REALLY bad thing, just once in her life ?

Stay tuned for the closing act of the circus........coming to a lives stream broadcast near you.

Also be prepared for something outrageous and stupid to happen which will prolong this even further.

Just wanted to add a thought about Judge Stephens assistant. Did you ever think it is JSS who hates JM and not the assistant and that the assistant is just acting out to please the judge? Something very hinky about the whole trial. Cannot do one thing about it but from the beginning I have believed JSS hates JM. He had a huge battle in what should have been a slam dunk. He won murder one and for that I am so grateful.

I just cannot help shake this awful feeling that this will not be done today. I can't see the defense going away quickly, quietly, or ethically. :gaah:

I have the same feeling-and have had for quite a while. Sure hope we are proven wrong!:scared:

For years I was dead against executing one found guilty of Murder 1 and belonged to the most popular organization which sought to abolish the death penalty, Amnesty International. Up close to these criminals we study at Web Sleuths, my thinking has changed. I, too, believe Jodi Ann Arias deserves the ultimate punishment as prescribed by law. As I posted earlier, I was shocked & disgusted to find a year had passed and we were witnessing the same arguments in court. That was after she served her 30 days in sol for the filthy disorder of her cell. She is undaunted by that experience, as with most others. There is little avail in bending ones mind to lethal injection, in the light of the juror who balks at delivering such a verdict. I want to hear her reasons, since the aggravating factor(s) are clear. One day she may speak to the press about this. Any way, I am stuck on the death penalty, despite whatever is arrayed against it and the poor odds of obtaining justice. Convict's heinous murder of Travis Alexander has imprinted that memory on my mind and I'll never be rid of the images. I know I'm not alone in actually feeling what he suffered, in every detail and in the sequence of her acts. Shudder!

Tuba, where have you been??! I kept asking about you. Glad to see you are here today!! :)

Continuing on a theme in the last thread.......

There are lots of reasons to be very interested in this trial. The case details are intriguing just by themselves, and many people are drawn to details that have to do with crime in the way others might be drawn to the act of fishing and the purchase of lures to catch bass.

More importantly, the focus on this crime is about community, IMO.

We have contributors in this forum who are bright, articulate, thoughtful, respectful, and thorough. Most are humble, and if they have specialized training (e.g. in psychology, law, language), they don't feel compelled to bat others over the head with it, because, in the end, it's not what you majored in or minored in at college, it's about how you apply critical thinking skills without putting others down. Best of all, these are people with whom we can share: our interest in crime, logic, feelings about the irrational and the abhorrent, appreciation for someone's brilliance (JM), empathy for a family caught up in a savage life event, and our sense of what's right and reasonable. In my opinion, this community is a big factor in what keeps many of us following this trial.

So, thanks all, for being all those wonderful things and for sharing!

image.jpg

Looks like Perryville is rolling out the dusty Brown Carpet for the newest Princess of Perryville

Good Morning Everybodee!:seeya:

It's seems like a long time after the death penalty phase, this side show has gone long enough. . .hope this is the be all and end all, I am sick, sick, sick of all things JA, hoping JSS smacks her down and gives her LWOP.

blue candle.jpg

View attachment 73007

Looks like Perryville is rolling out the dusty Brown Carpet for the newest Princess of Perryville

The Perryville Princess (in her words, looks like one, smells like one) will be in one of those L-shaped buildings? The ones that are isolated and fold in on themselves? This puts a whole new spin on "dusty playground." "Can you imagine?", to use the words of a very wise guy.

Jodi's crew is busy overnight

@JodiAnnArias: "Accuracy is the soul of journalism." -- Robert Stone (and that would explain why some publications are soulless)

@JodiAnnArias: "The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority." -- A.A.Milne

:seeya: Just settling in for the 'beginning of the end'. I was going to post some profound comment about today; my admiration for Juan and Flores; and my wishes for the Alexander family and friends, but I see you have already said all that I wanted to say - so let the finale begin, and I'm staying put until the final curtain lowers on this disgusting killer.

Please JSS, do the right thing - reaffirm Travis' good name, and wipe the smirk off Arias' face for the rest of her natural life.

Hey everyone, good morning :) Holy moly, the day has finally arrived! I pray this judge does right by Travis and Travis’ family. May God bless Travis, May God bless Travis’ family!!!

So today is the day. Finally!!! Buh bye Jodith :happydance:

I don't think I have ever looked forward to seeing the final curtain come down as I am in this case.

This defendant was made into something special. Imo, JSS is a lot at fault for that. JA should have been treated like any other rotten to the core cold blooded murderer. Maybe today she will finally be treated like all the others.

I do plan to watch some of it but I will not and cannot stand to hear one word from this psychopath. I refuse to do so in honor of Travis and his wonderful siblings. I just hate the thought they will have to endure her bull if she does speak.

It still bothers me that the Alexander family was so close to getting the sentence they truly wanted for their brother. Sometimes I think it would be easier for them if the votes had been far apart instead of one vote shy.

I hope after today the family of Travis can finally morn losing the brother they all looked up to and loves so much.

May justice be swift and she is given LWOP.

IMO

Continuing on a theme in the last thread.......

There are lots of reasons to be very interested in this trial. The case details are intriguing just by themselves, and many people are drawn to details that have to do with crime in the way others might be drawn to the act of fishing and the purchase of lures to catch bass.

More importantly, the focus on this crime is about community, IMO.

We have contributors in this forum who are bright, articulate, thoughtful, respectful, and thorough. Most are humble, and if they have specialized training (e.g. in psychology, law, language), they don't feel compelled to bat others over the head with it, because, in the end, it's not what you majored in or minored in at college, it's about how you apply critical thinking skills without putting others down. Best of all, these are people with whom we can share: our interest in crime, logic, feelings about the irrational and the abhorrent, appreciation for someone's brilliance (JM), empathy for a family caught up in a savage life event, and our sense of what's right and reasonable. In my opinion, this community is a big factor in what keeps many of us following this trial.

So, thanks all, for being all those wonderful things and for sharing!

Morning Rickshawfan. Good post.

FWIW, the whole "what's wrong with you people being obsessed with Travis' murderer, blah, blah, blah" theme is judgmental and says far more about the those who continually beat that drum than it ever will about those being badgered by such questions.

I take it with a grain of salt and say that a verified Scholar best answers these questions, i.e., see the quote by Ben Franklin that I posted earlier...“Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" and I am so very, very thankful that there are people like those here that are faithfully and tirelessly committed to seeing those who viciously take the life of another are brought to justice, as well as better understood so that these monsters can be identified and stopped in the future. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove