Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to the interview the jurors gave. At the end, they were asked by the reporters if any of them wanted to give their names, and they all said NO.

So some leaked their names.

I'm just getting off work and wow...someone make me a stiff drink please.

I knew the jury was going to hang but I did not expect this. I told myself I wouldn't be mad. I told myself that this jury worked hard (and they obviously did), so I wouldn't fault them but I am INFURIATED.

The fact that one lone juror held out for that freak of nature has me fuming. She goes into deliberations discussing that stupid lifetime movie? Are you freaking kidding me? What the hell does that have to do with anything? That makes her seem less than intelligent, to put it as nice as I possibly can. Then she tells the others that the death penalty was revenge? Why the HELL was she on this jury? Why did she think she was there? Stealth juror indeed.
She refused to deliberate and had an obvious agenda, so when the jurors bring this up to JSS, she refuses to replace her with an alternate. Of course JSS..of course. I wouldn't expect anything else from the ever so incompetent judge.

Only Jodi arias would have this kind of "luck". One seemingly unintelligent juror with an agenda when the rest think she deserved to die. We were so close, and that's what makes it so infuriating. She doesn't deserve life. She deserves to rot in small cage 23hrs a day with no privileges. No contact with general population.

I want to tell myself that in the end, she'll still never leave prison except for in a box, but the thing is... she'll adapt. She's a psychopath. Just look how she adapted in jail. Singing contests, making friends etc. I want her to dwell on the fact that every other juror wanted to give her death, but I'm sure in her screwed up mind, she doesn't see it that way. What an injustice. I hope she gets shanked in prison.

ETA - I do want to thank the other jurors for their service. Thanks to Juan Martinez for his hard work, and may God be with the Alexander family.

When she gets to Perryville, how do I get her snail mail address? I want to send her some mail. Like pictures of Travis, Dead, something to think about in her cell

You'd make her very happy, IMO. You might want to rethink that.

And f she did see the lifetime movie and others were dismissed? Well sorry but FT, demand for a special prosecutor, JSS really FU this case come heaven or hell she did.....we can all see it....report her to the bar.

I just got a chance to listen to the 45 minute juror interview.

I feel immense respect for them. You could tell they were very upset that they could not come to a unanimous decision and not give the Alexanders the closure they so deserve.

I for one am very happy they stated they did not believe a word about the trash that was talked about Travis and that the *advertiser censored* was a non issue and a total waste of time, as well as the LDS angle. They saw right through JA's bull*** and realized she had absolutely zero remorse.

If JSS doesn't sentence Jodi to life without parole, then her career is over. The voters in Arizona are just as outraged about this as everybody in this forum.

That will be her only saving grace, if she wants to continue to be a judge. Otherwise, she will be voted out in 2016.

I have still not caught up on all the posts, so maybe this has been mentioned. Could this be why the Alexander's were in court yesterday with their civil lawyers? Maybe they had concerns about JSS allowing the juror to stay on when it was said in the note from jury that she was not deliberating with them. Could the civil attorneys of been brought in for the victim's rights?

I wonder if back in October if that really was this same Juror and if Nurmi and Jodi met in chambers with the Judge AND the juror present all together?

If that happened, its no wonder the juror said she realized Jodi was not like the evil person in the movie. Because she may have had a personal meeting with her in secret chambers.

I hope that didnt happen, but if it did, it explains a lot.

What I do NOT understand to begin with is why is that even allowed to take place in secret in the first place?

Who in the hell has EVER heard of a Judge taking the DT, defendant, and a sitting juror into her secret chambers and shutting everyone else out?

This entire trial has been so bizarre. From the very beginning it has had the feeling to me that something just isn't right with this case. So many of JSSs actions I have never heard or seen before and not only did it happen..........it has been continuous all throughout the guilt and sentencing phases.

If JSS doesn't sentence Jodi to life without parole, then her career is over. The voters in Arizona are just as outraged about this as everybody in this forum.

That will be her only saving grace, if she wants to continue to be a judge. Otherwise, she will be voted out in 2016.

And then how will she abdicate The death penalty from the bench if she doesn't have one?! No.. I agree. It's LWOP. She's obviously anti-criminal from her record but she has NO dp record. The now one she does have, says she finds the death penalty is repugnant and unconscionable

He did. You are correct. Nurmi is in private practice. CMJA became his case as he was leaving the public defender's office and the State of AZ agreed to pay him as a private practitioner.

How convenient.

That is the "big wig" for the site. He owns and operates the site. His name is one of them that was mentioned in that three way call that JA and MDLR was in on, if I am not mistaken. And for those that didn't know, some of the same JA supporters are/were also members of the CAII site that is/was also owned and operated by the guy that has the JAII site.

Do you know if the specific word "wailing" was used to describe the family crying in court?

Do you know if the specific word "wailing" was used to describe the family crying in court?

I pray on everything that is morally right that those who have trespassed against Travis Alexander his memory and his family will be HAUNTED by the "wails" of his sisters heard in court. When the lights fade, the cameras are turned off, their cause now a few days weeks in the past I hope they find themselves lying in bed one night unable to get the sounds of their cries out of their head. Those are cries you do not forget. I was completely fine watching UNTIL then but you can FEEL their anguish. I hope it haunts those who have joined in this farce.

As a matter of fact it was. "Aside the opportunity to do some ridiculous wailing" However they are called the "Addams Family" there. It was also said that the family got what they deserved.

ITA What a superb post.

Now it is time for Victims Advocates to bring about reform in the Juror selection process, to ensure specific instructions are provided in the event a jury is faced with someone who refuses to participate in the deliberation process, and to demand that Victims that are murdered have protections against patently false claims amade against them for the sake of their murder's rights.

And may one of the reforms bear the name of Travis Alexander sometime in the future--I know I am willing to advocate for changes on behalf of TA and his family.

I'm remembering the victims of rape and the continuing uphill battle. I'm remembering the victims of genuine abuse and that uphill battle. Now we can include the victims of murder, in this case, sadistic murder, also male.

I anticipate that she will start manipulating for a reduced sentence..... some revelation such as promising to give the Alexanders the 'truth' about what happened in return for a softer term.. Of course JSS will let her explain all this in secret. No media or public will be privy to this, since she feels in jeopardy, even though she is in a virtual fortress when she testifies!

who knows by April 13th Judge Sherry may even sentence her in secret! What "sure Jodi what ever you wish" that is the way Judge Sherry has run her court! Wonder who will be the next pet for this Judge?

Nancy Grace 100% blames the judge. I've never heard her so critical of a judge before. She's so ticked and blames her completely for everything that went wrong in this trial.

Just imagine: all Jodi's manipulative BS about how she was not voluntarily giving up her right to address the jury has gone out the window. Bwahahaha! What could she appeal? It wouldn't have made any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obamna