Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much about this trial, killing, the after math, the brutality/method of the killing of Travis Alexander, bothers me, still.

I am not one who can reason that people are just evil. Not with babies born so tender and I believe innocent. For me and my reasoning "evil" is created. And I am left wondering how a JA was created. What happened, what was the road that lead to someone being able to do what she did? For me such violence goes against everything inside of me.

All that aside. Can you imagine: cleaning a man's house you used to date, supposedly loved, are still having sex with. While he gets ready and goes out on a date with another woman. She says she laid down and fell asleep, and in doing so was there when he got back. Right , one can see thru that that she was waiting. Your self respect has to be so low to do that .

All of the spying, retaliation, plotting, wanting his friends for her friends. How desperate, crazy, and exhausting.

Crossing so many boundaries, into the man's emails, bank accounts, Facebook.

It sickens me to imagine/think of it.

All the way thru all of this crap to killing him, not just killing him, but over and over and over. Who can stab someone 29 times, let alone what she did to his throat?

Now sitting in jail she cannot stop, even from there.

I know she is not worth me giving this my thoughts. But, it all haunts me.

The under currents of life.

Being a person, a human, a woman, I just don't understand it.

I don't know about being born "evil", but I do believe that people can be born with different 'wiring' the same as people have different personality traits or tendencies. Sort of like different brain, neurological, whatever issues can cause mental illness, mental retardation (*sigh* what's the pc word these days?), epilepsy, an aptitude for math, art or music. Some things can be learned more easily than others for some people? Not sure I'm explaining what I mean, but there are people who are born "off kilter" morally. I do believe that. I know it's fiction, but if you've ever read The Bad Seed - I know someone like the girl character Rhoda, THEY LIVE.

I don't believe people are as simple as 100% nature vs. nurture.

I found this yesterday while researching sociopath vs psychopath (not really interchangeable) and found that it explained very well for me. I know there are tons of sites or articles about the subject, but this one was simple enough for me to understand :D

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath

I truly believe Jodi Arias is a sociopath. I am a psychologist and that's my feeling. She fits every criteria to diagnose this form of antisocial personality disorder. It's why she has no feeling whatsoever and why she forced fake tears during the trial but it was never about feeling anything. Everything she did with Travis was a game and to trap him and torture him. She mentally played with him but in the end, she had the urge to kill him and that's what she did. She's the worst of the worst.

The good news is she will be surrounded by other women who have antisocial personality disorder or something in that ballpark. In other words, she might have fooled others who actually have human emotion in the real world but she'll in prison surrounded by others who are like her. She will never be able to fool them and if she attempts to mess with them they will not put up with it. She had women in jail falling for her manipulation but that's because most of those women were in there for more petty, non-violent offenses. They were misguided, non-violent criminals, way different than what Arias is. In prison where she'll be housed she won't be near non-violent criminals, she'll be next to violent women just like her. Good luck, Jodi, attempting to fool any of them.

Just read the chat log between Travis and JA. I'll post my thoughts on that later....but on your post:

It just further confirms to me, that because Jodi can't tell the truth, not even when her feet are to the fire, she won't have many friends. imo.

I agreed with you, JA is not going to like General P. I think to survive there, you have to trust those closest to you, your life will depend on it. JA has never shown in adulthood that she was the ability to maintain/participate within a "family" structure. She is untrustworthy. Would YOU put your life in her hands?? No matter if she is a 3 hole wonder, or talks like an angel. This is not a resort. It's dog eat dog, and alliances have to be built on trust imo. She might do ok at first.....but it's not going to last.

Hi! I was thinking about this & wanted to put it out here. Concerning the alternates on both trials state they would've voted for death. How lucky for the killer, both times that alternates weren't chosen. The odds of this astound me. How could she be so fortunate in both trials that alternates would have voted for DP & they weren't chosen? What does this mean?

And a third alternate on this jury who also would have voted death was released the Monday prior to closing arguments.

a simple search of the juror 17 and the state could see her husband has a serious history as well as what she did tell them....they missed this plain and simple.....even JM and his office miss things. and yes in the world we are living in they need to scour social media of the jurors in advance of empaneling the final jury.

I'm not a psychologist but I'll take a stab at it (pun intended) since she has now married two very violent criminals.... she feels an affinity for them. She sympathized with Jodi, didn't she?

AND I would add, if a large portion of your family is in JAIL....it might make you lean against DP, ya think? :)

AND I would add, if a large portion of your family is in JAIL....it might make you lean against DP, ya think? :)

What concerns me is the Q&A from voir dire that was released so far is j17 had perfect prepared answered. She was ready with What She needed to say to overcome her problems that should have disqualified her

I was thinkin' about this last night, sadly I don't think the DA's office is going to look much further into any of this unless the national news media forces them to. The national news media appears to barely be interested, other than the fact that she escaped the death penalty. Fox 10 and Troy Hayden, sure they are interested, but they aren't national, just a local station.

If the DA's office starts launching investigations into every juror that votes differently from the rest of the pack, they won't able to get jurors to show up anymore. I think they are going to investigate how the jurors names made it to the Pro-Jodi website and hold some people accountable for that, but I'm doubtful they are going to try and go after juror #17.

If juror #17 voluntarily admitted that she was coerced or influenced in some way by the defense team, then they might investigate it further. If she chooses to keep her mouth shut and forces them to try and prove all of these allegations, I don't think it is going to end up going anywhere.

I am wondering what defense lawyer will be stepping up to defend her current husband the next time one is needed....hmmm.

IIRC someone asked about a comment on that site from 2013 - they thought it may have been J#17 - I never saw if that was investigated or not.

I don't know if it was investigated. Perhaps it was Troy H. that first mentioned it. I did read the comment on JAII site.

a simple search of the juror 17 and the state could see her husband has a serious history as well as what she did tell them....they missed this plain and simple.....even JM and his office miss things. and yes in the world we are living in they need to scour social media of the jurors in advance of empaneling the final jury.

I just can't believe it was missed by JM and the court, a simple search would have uncovered it, I mean if old ladies on Twitter could manage it in a couple of hours, surely the court / prosecutors office could have done the same. Let's see, you're re-trialing the penalty phase in a high profile case, one of the jurors who has made the short cut was married to a guy who was involved in violent crime and prosecuted in the same county this case is being tried in, there is a possibility of stealth jurors trying to join the final 12 in the hope of making a quick buck, so let's have a quick look and make sure she's telling the truth and her husband wasn't prosecuted by Juan, or adjudicated by JSS or Nurmi wasn't his lawyer at the time or something, just in case she's lying. It's pretty embarrassing.

Hi! I was thinking about this & wanted to put it out here. Concerning the alternates on both trials state they would've voted for death. How lucky for the killer, both times that alternates weren't chosen. The odds of this astound me. How could she be so fortunate in both trials that alternates would have voted for DP & they weren't chosen? What does this mean?

I believe if she had gotten the DP she would have had a better chance of getting out some day because of the backwards nature of the DP in Arizona. So maybe she wasn't so lucky, maybe just the opposite.

You're correct. She thougt is was right to do it.

I agree. IMO she had determined that for her to survive and "move on" that Travis had to go.

First, her obsession was eating her up. She can't stand being 1,000 miles away, he's not making efforts to visit, she can't keep tabs on him, he's on to her hacking..she could end the obsession by killing it

Second, if she pursues dating PPL men, like Ryan, like those who would be on the Cancun trip, Travis could out her as a stalker, tire slasher etc. She had just wasted nearly two years trying to get married to Travis...she's almost 28 and doesn't have much more time to snag a high earner to marry

IMO in her warped brain it was her or Travis

I agree. IMO she had determined that for her to survive and "move on" that Travis had to go.

First, her obsession was eating her up. She can't stand being 1,000 miles away, he's not making efforts to visit, she can't keep tabs on him, he's on to her hacking..she could end the obsession by killing it

Second, if she pursues dating PPL men, like Ryan, like those who would be on the Cancun trip, Travis could out her as a stalker, tire slasher etc. She had just wasted nearly two years trying to get married to Travis...she's almost 28 and doesn't have much more time to snag a high earner to marry

IMO in her warped brain it was her or Travis

Does anyone remember off hand the date of the journal entry stating she'd like to shut off the switch and tape it down with duct tape <paraphrasing>?

Killer in Florida got lucky, time and time again!

Killer Arias did not get lucky. Nothing that happens from now on will be fortunate for the killer. She has already had her stage and she is about to be a has-been with nothing to live for but a few groupies left to spew her filth. Courtroom drama is nearly done and over with so her only voice from here on out has to be via social media and if people just don't read the garbage, the killer loses! Seriously...it will be that easy to kill her joy!

People getting riled has always been one of this killer's joys--and it is now the only possible joy she has left but for that she will need to retain the public's attention. I hope most citizens are smart enough to see the motives of the Jodi-people in social media and steer clear. If the killer loses her ability to incite--if she can no longer rile anyone, she will be so so sad. Yay!

That is a good thing, HarvestMoon!! If anyone finds themselves identifying with, excusing, or otherwise understanding a psychopath like CMJA - THAT is someone who needs to worry. I cannot read the sites that support her for that reason ~ I feel they are revealing a great corruption in their soul.
There's nothing wrong with trying to understand a psychopath, in the same sense as trying to understand any other phenomena we may encounter. Having accurate data about something that is real does not mean we are identifying with it or excusing it, those are totally different things.

Killer in Florida got lucky, time and time again!

Killer Arias did not get lucky. Nothing that happens from now on will be fortunate for the killer. She has already had her stage and she is about to be a has-been with nothing to live for but a few groupies left to spew her filth. Courtroom drama is nearly done and over with so her only voice from here on out has to be via social media and if people just don't read the garbage, the killer loses! Seriously...it will be that easy to kill her joy!

People getting riled has always been one of this killer's joys--and it is now the only possible joy she has left but for that she will need to retain the public's attention. I hope most citizens are smart enough to see the motives of the Jodi-people in social media and steer clear. If the killer loses her ability to incite--if she can no longer rile anyone, she will be so so sad. Yay!
Agree, if she continues to tweet she'll be tweeting into the void.

I just can't believe it was missed by JM and the court, a simple search would have uncovered it, I mean if old ladies on Twitter could manage it in a couple of hours, surely the court / prosecutors office could have done the same. Let's see, you're re-trialing the penalty phase in a high profile case, one of the jurors who has made the short cut was married to a guy who was involved in violent crime and prosecuted in the same county this case is being tried in, there is a possibility of stealth jurors trying to join the final 12 in the hope of making a quick buck, so let's have a quick look and make sure she's telling the truth and her husband wasn't prosecuted by Juan, or adjudicated by JSS or Nurmi wasn't his lawyer at the time or something, just in case she's lying. It's pretty embarrassing.

Counting on people to "self report" things just does not work...not saying they have to go to this extend but as they were down to even 40 left or so...starting running the checks...the prosecutor's office has much more access to background info that us "old ladies on twitter" do...and that is a good point too ...could have been same judge or attys or many things...she had red flags that went right past the state...I imagine the defense was just laying low wondering why state was not doing anything...the whole trial has been bizarre including the end.

There is so much rumor and hoax going around on this now. I seriously doubt that she just quietly sat hoping and then held her ground for life when she could have raised her hand any morning that JSS asked the jurors whether they'd seen anything in the media about the trial.

Yes indeed there are lots of rumors, however, I *thought* that I heard one of the jurors say this during their press conference, that J17 was doing this during deliberations.

*sigh* THIS is how rumors begin! I was just wondering if anybody else remembered hearing the same.

3/4/2015 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/4/2015 3/4/2015 023 - ME: Order Entered By Court - Party (001) 3/4/2015 3/4/2015 ALT - Appeals Letter Of Transmittal - Party (001) 3/6/2015 NOTE: MANDATE & OPINION3/4/2015 MAN - Order Of Mandate - Party (001) 3/6/2015 NOTE: JURISDICTION ACCEPTED AND RELIEF GRANTED __________________

Can anyone explain this?

3/4/2015 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/4/2015 3/4/2015 023 - ME: Order Entered By Court - Party (001) 3/4/2015 3/4/2015 ALT - Appeals Letter Of Transmittal - Party (001) 3/6/2015 NOTE: MANDATE & OPINION3/4/2015 MAN - Order Of Mandate - Party (001) 3/6/2015 NOTE: JURISDICTION ACCEPTED AND RELIEF GRANTED __________________

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo