Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM- $147,018.60 according to this article was spent on the Casey Anthony trial. "Things that the state refuses to pay for include some of the costs for deposition transcripts, the use of independent contractors and some of the defense team's travel costs. None of the money paid by the state of Florida will pay any of the defense attorneys' salaries." http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey_anth...-defense-team-charges-state/story?id=14125305

It is my understanding that most of the $3 million in the JA trial was paid to defense attorneys. The state's expenses seem minimal when compared to the DT, but the figure provided by the state did not include attorney hours, time spent by medical examiner, etc. I can't find the article for the state's expenses or I would have inluded it.

So who paid for defense lawyers [Casey]? They were not all pro-bono.

Seems to me, not many people could afford a 3.7M defense. SO, why should state by required to do so? I really think there should be limits. And JA's case proves it.

Unnecessary? Have you seen some of these women??:laughing:

Some pretty skeery girls fershur.

You know that question that asks you what ONE piece of makeup you'd want if you were stranded on a deserted island? My first thought was 'only one' are you freaking kidding me?!?!

:gaah: :tantrum: :whine:

Then I calmed down when I realized what I reallyreallyreally needed and it would never run out... :therethere:

TWEEZERS.

Not even a mirror, I'd do it by braille.

My opinion only and has always been my opinion: Jails and prisons need to have aerosol Xanax piped in through the vents and radio stations that play only classical music and on TV - only the Puppy Channel.

So Jeff gold knew who the jurors were also

@jeffgoldesq: @DrCherylllP @troyhaydenfox10 @blefuscu74 investig. onto #jodiarias juror name leak going on. Names out by time I was in juror press conf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some pretty skeery girls fershur.

You know that question that asks you what ONE piece of makeup you'd want if you were stranded on a deserted island? My first thought was 'only one' are you freaking kidding me?!?!

:gaah: :tantrum: :whine:

Then I calmed down when I realized what I reallyreallyreally needed and it would never run out... :therethere:

TWEEZERS.

Not even a mirror, I'd do it by braille.

My opinion only and has always been my opinion: Jails and prisons need to have aerosol Xanax piped in through the vents and radio stations that play only classical music and on TV - only the Puppy Channel.

Exactly, remember the 20lb bag of makeup Jodi wanted to bring on a 3-hour hike, or something? LOL

Seems to me, not many people could afford a 3.7M defense. SO, why should state by required to do so? I really think there should be limits. And JA's case proves it.
IIRC, Cindy Anthony had gotten quite a bit of $ for selling the pictures and videos of Caylee. I believe that was used towards Casey's defense.

Here is a video with an alternate juror just after the verdict. Apparently they caught her out in the parking lot.

Her comments on Arias pretty much mirror what the majority of us think about her. She holds nothing back when describing her thoughts about Arias. Probably already posted in here......but not by me.

She's pretty good lookin' too.............

http://www.azfamily.com/video/?id=295202591&ref=rcvidmod&sec=507127

Attachments

• AltJuror3.jpg
    AltJuror3.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 73
  • Altjuror4.jpg
    Altjuror4.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Altjuror5.jpg
    Altjuror5.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 61
Some people seem to think the DAs office wont be investigating #17. I understand a couple of the reasons given.
But the DAs office needs to know how the names of the jurors got on the jail site.
Thats where the investigation can start.
They can back peddle from there. Theres no telling what they will uncover.

:seeya: Good points.

1st BBM: Exactly -- they owe it to the 11 DP Jurors ! Their names were supposed to be sealed :gaah:

2nd BBM: Exactly -- and IF they follow-up on every single lead, they are going to find a lot, more than they even imagined !

:moo:

Her attorney was billing her. "Anthony had almost $792,000 in debt when she filed for bankruptcy, with the biggest claim —$397,000 — coming from her criminal defense attorney, Jose Baez." http://cnsnews.com/news/article/report-says-casey-anthonys-money-should-be-paid-attorney

And there were other sources contributing to the defense fund, too. Example: "Baez testified Thursday that the defense received and spent about $275,000 over the past year and a half. Of that, $5,000 came from an anonymous donor; $70,000 came from a former defense attorney, Todd Macaluso; and $200,000 came from ABC through a "deal" with Anthony. The terms of the deal were not released." http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/19/casey.anthony.indigency/

I totally agree with you that there should be financial limits on the state's obligation to pay for a defense!

So Jeff gold knew who the jurors were also

@jeffgoldesq: @DrCherylllP @troyhaydenfox10 @blefuscu74 investig. onto #jodiarias juror name leak going on. Names out by time I was in juror press conf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So they had them ready to go, that's not surprising.

Okay folks. Let's not lecture other posters on how to post. It's also not necessary to say you are "leaving" the thread. It's against TOS so let's just not go there. Everyone has an opinion and they are entitled to post that opinion here as long as it does not violate the Terms of Service. You do not have to agree and you can always use the "ignore" feature. Guilt trips are not okay.

So let's move on, shall we.

GOOD point, how did Beth know juror's name!!!!

No one will convince me that there isn't something hinky with MDLR/#17 connection. And after spending 3.7 million on a trial, I think it behooves Arizona to get to the bottom of it. OR IT WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN IN OTHER TRIALS.

Looking at the diary is NOT deliberating. AND I trust the 11 people that were there. Their opinions are she did NOT deliberate. And the words that came out of her mouth, immediately wanting to send paperwork in for hung jury shows she was not interested in much else. Sounds coached to me.

3.7 million is a lot of money to play with, especially with sleezy lawyers. What did Casey Anthony's defense cost?

:seeya:

BBM: Exactly -- Beth would NOT have any jurors' names !

- WTH happened during Jury Selection ?

- WTH happened during Voir Dire?

- Whiskey . . .
- Tango . . .
- Foxtrot . . .

:gaah:

Here is a video with an alternate juror just after the verdict. Apparently they caught her out in the parking lot.

Her comments on Arias pretty much mirror what the majority of us think about her. She holds nothing back when describing her thoughts about Arias. Probably already posted in here......but not by me.

She's pretty good lookin' too.............

http://www.azfamily.com/video/?id=295202591&ref=rcvidmod&sec=507127
Wow, her entire convoluted, twisted defense fooled no one! (I don't believe J17 relied on the defense, she had her own agenda imo). I can't help but feel, in spite of the turnout, that this speaks well of our justice system in that the truth was brought out, in spite of every effort to conceal it.

I think they''ve already broke the law so there's no "reaching" where I'm concerned.

AMEN ! Exactly !

I have no doubt JA and her entire DT were up to no good ... totally unethical and unprofessional !

:seeya:

Any money put into her account will be plucked out. She wont be able to keep earnings from a prison job (cleaning toilets) after she loses her civil case. As a matter of fact I hope the Alexander family puts a freeze on every dollar she has.

That would be the total best news EVER!!! Just knowing with every toilet she scrubs...every weed she plucks...every floor she mops....She'll be sweating for the Alexanders!! Wouldn't she just love that!!!

So they had them ready to go, that's not surprising.

:seeya: Taking a wild guess where the rest of the media got them from ?

:thinking::thinking:

:thinking: :thinking::thinking:

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: JMO but probably MDLR gave it to MK ... their paw-prints seem to be everywhere !

Officials say taxpayers shelled out around $3 million to prosecute and defend convicted murderer Jodi Arias at a series of trials that concluded with jurors deadlocked a second time.

Arias' attorneys billed the county about $2.7 million for her defense, according to the latest figures available in December.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...e-how-much-has-jodi-arias-case-cost-taxpayers

Sorta puts a dent in the old adage, "Money can't buy happiness", ........doesn't it ?

It sure bought it for Nurmi, Jodi and his team.

That, after speaking with a long time corrections officer who works in a max prison in segregation, sadly I disagree. Jodi will settle in, have a "family" manipulate other prisoners and guards. She will cause others a lot of harm by manipulating them to do her dirty work. People could end up with longer sentences or hurt because of her. His prediction is she will be pregnant within a year by a guard. Granted this is just his opinion, but I would call it an educated opinion based on 15 years experience.

I agree that JA will find her way. I live in SC where Susan Smith became infamous. She managed to have sex with two male guards from what I've read. How do you get close, much less sleep with someone knowing she murdered her own children?! It's beyond me. But if that can happen, JA shouldn't have a problem getting what she wants w/i those prison walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove