Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also hear all the sidebars in the released retrial videos this time around.. which is pretty interesting.

Same. Exchange programs are done so you can attend school for a year in that country right? And you have to be a very good student to earn this. I don't think it was an exchange program. Might have been family she was staying with or some other kind of program.

My niece's HS in NJ does this program. The families sign up to host someone from another country and the kids from here can sign up with a host family of another country. The involved students must have a basic command of the language. It is almost like an extended spring break sort of thing. My niece went for just a bit over 3 weeks and when my sister hosted she had 2 Japanese students for about the same length of time. It isn't based on grades, per se. It's if your family can afford to let you participate and if you paid attention in your foreign language class.

I've never checked out "Victor Arias". Does anyone know if the exchange actually happened? Does he really exist?

That was verified IIRC by the parents way back when she was first arrested and one or 2 of her old hs friends. She wasn't in some fancy foreign exchange program, it was just a few weeks. If I remember correctly, I actually thought it was in the summer between grades.

she made sure it was clear that both husbands only had criminal cases either before or after she was with them.

And she said her ex had ONE case, in 2008.

He had a case that involved crimes from 1997 that went on for 3 years and for which Juan was the prosecutor and which included a 1st degree murder charge. The same charge as Jodi; the same prosecutor as Jodi. And they were together all during that time period from 1997 until their wedding on the eve of his sentencing. I truly don't understand how this doesn't qualify as lying to some people. To me, it takes more than "splitting hairs" to not see the deliberate falsehood here.

Sorry, but no one has been able to define what "knowing" means.

I know who my DA is and several ADAs. I know what they look like and I know what their voices sound like. I've seen some during live streams of trials. I would recognize them in person. But I don't "know" them nor they me.

I've spoken with 2 or 3 ADAs before. They likely would not recognize me were we to meet up again, but I certainly would recognize them. Because I've had personal interaction with them I would answer yes to 'know'ing the person. Then I would clarify that we spoke once and where it was and what it was about.

But outside of any personal contact? No. I don't "know" anyone else and I would be answering truthfully if asked that question.

So, did Juror 17 ever talk to, meet, have any dealings directly with anyone from the prosecutor's office, including Juan? Or was it that her fiance did and she 'knew' Juan's name and knew it was Juan who was the ADA who got husband #1 convicted? They are not the same thing.

And while it sure seems I'm spitting hairs, the law really is about splitting hairs.

Steve ... What does JA want?

IMO, the same thing she wanted when she contorted (and invented) her relationship with TA: Validation. Recognition. Proof she has a role in the bigger scheme of life.

Thus far in the process, she has, sadly, received the first two: Validation and recognition. From the media. From the social media. From her cyber "friends."

This is why I think she'd kill again, because it gave her what she wanted... And I think she thinks she all the wiser now and would be able to perfect her technique after all she's learned through this whole process.

She's about to get proof POSITIVE she has no role in the bigger scheme of life, ... or love, or law. But, IMO, JA doesn't yet understand this.

She invented much of her relationship with TA, and she continues to invent her life in prison. She has no idea ....

Yes! Yes! YES!!! You NAILED it!!! All JA has ever wanted is VALIDATION and RECOGNITION.... and she doesn't care WHERE it comes from or WHAT she has to do to get it!! (actually, this is how she got her 3-hole wonder nickname!! ;0)

Im sure she'll manipulate her way into the Perryville Print Shop so that she can get her hands onto all that paper and ink. She'll need a publisher for her Manifesto and Musings won't she?

Maybe a mitigating factor for her would be doing a prison newsletter. I can only imagine what would be in one, but it might be fun to do a mockup for my own amusement :)

I think she'll have trouble with the pecking order.

WARNING WARNING DANGER DANGER Steeeeeep learning curve ahead.

Seriously, I saw it on twitter under Justice4Travis It was a letter written by JA saying she is mad at Donavan Bering because she locked her out of her twitter account and won't answer her phone to any calls. It was about 5 hours ago but twitter still has it on. You can read the letter yourself. I was thrilled to see it.

Could it have something to do with felons not supposed to consort with other felons?

Yes! Yes! YES!!! You NAILED it!!! All JA has ever wanted is VALIDATION and RECOGNITION.... and she doesn't care WHERE it comes from or WHAT she has to do to get it!! (actually, this is how she got her 3-hole wonder nickname!! ;0)

This is also why I think she'd kill again. I think she thinks she's all the more wiser now, and that next time she'd be able to perfect her technique after all that she's learned through this whole process.

Could it have something to do with felons not supposed to consort with other felons?

Oh, right!!! Maybe Donovan was told she couldn't contact her anymore or she'd get in trouble (since she's a convicted felon)!! I totally bet that's it!! Hahahaha... And she has NO way of telling Jodi so Jodi just thinks Donovan dumped her, or is disobeying her orders or something...

I just re-watched the sentencing phase of the Amanda Hayes trial which took place in North Carolina.

She faced the same judge, Hon. Donald Stephens, who sentenced her husband, Grant Hayes, to LWOP after he was found guilty of first degree murder in the killing and dismemberment of Laura Ackerman.

Judge Stephens took a novel approach to dealing with the jurors' privacy issues; he announced in court that the jurors were NOT excused from the case until they were safely back home, or wherever they chose to be after the trial. Meaning, anyone who followed them, etc. would face contempt charges should they attempt to ambush any of the jurors.

Jodi thinks she is such a celebrity and I think she has no idea what awaits her at Perryville. Ive been googling forums about the prison and I really cant imagine getting sent there. If you are assigned to a minimum yard it sounds survivable. But she will probably never get to one . I think she is in for a very rude awakening when she arrives there. I dont think she is going to be able to manipulate anything when she gets there. My guess her *advertiser censored* will spend alot of time in one of those cages sweating to death. She is used to tantrums and getting her way. I think thats all came to an end for her and she is probably gonna wish she got the DP. jmo

Unless there is honour among thieves. Would he snitch?

Maybe, maybe not .. And could you believe him? Worth a shot though for them, he'd be the one that would know and know if she had strong feelings about the prosecutor in general.

she made sure it was clear that both husbands only had criminal cases either before or after she was with them.

And she said her ex had ONE case, in 2008.

He had a case that involved crimes from 1997 that went on for 3 years and for which Juan was the prosecutor and which included a 1st degree murder charge. The same charge as Jodi; the same prosecutor as Jodi. And they were together all during that time period from 1997 until their wedding on the eve of his sentencing. I truly don't understand how this doesn't qualify as lying to some people. To me, it takes more than "splitting hairs" to not see the deliberate falsehood here.

The 1998 case actually went on for 5 years. In Sept 2003 there was an order of discharge from probation. And yes, Juan is listed as representing the state on that as well. Her ex-husband had a direct affiliation with Juan for 5 years. They were newlyweds at the time. I think it's fair to assume she was present at each and every court date.

And aside from withholding all information regarding that case, she also lied about the one she did divulge. First of all it wasn't just burglary, it was also three counts of aggravated assault and misconduct involving weapons. And acording to BK's notes, #17 claimed he was sent to prison when they were separated. Well, his sentencing hearing was in June 2008. In black and white, the minutes clearly state that #17 made a statement to the court on his behalf.

https://nelsnewday.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/arizona-female-prisoners-need-help/
For almost 20 years, in compliance with state law, companies such as Martori Farms, Wal-Mart’s vendor, pay Perryville women two dollars per hour, not including travel time. They have no choice: state law mandates that all able-bodied inmates work.
A woman prisoner who worked at Martori Farms described the conditions:

“We work eight hours regardless of conditions …. We work in the fields hoeing weeds and thinning plants … Currently we are forced to work in the blazing sun for eight hours. We run out of water several times a day. We ran out of sunscreen several times a week. They don’t check medical backgrounds or ages before they pull women for these jobs. Many of us cannot do it! If we stop working and sit on the bus or even just take an unauthorized break we get a MAJOR ticket which takes away our ‘good time’!!! We are told we get ‘two’ 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch like a normal job but it’s more like 10 minutes and 20 minutes. They constantly yell at us we are too slow and to speed up because we are costing $150 an acre in labor and that’s not acceptable… In addition, the prison has sent women to work on the farms regardless of their medical conditions.”

Originally Posted by east2west
Im sure she'll manipulate her way into the Perryville Print Shop so that she can get her hands onto all that paper and ink. She'll need a publisher for her Manifesto and Musings won't she?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe a mitigating factor for her would be doing a prison newsletter. I can only imagine what would be in one, but it might be fun to do a mockup for my own amusement :)

I think she'll have trouble with the pecking order.

WARNING WARNING DANGER DANGER Steeeeeep learning curve ahead.

Jodi will start out at the apprentice level doing something she is good at -- correcting people's eyeteeth in Photoshop. She'll eventually work her way up to Photoshopping landscapes such as the Rockeys. I wonder how long it will be before she gets to walk around the joint with a "professional" camera to take candid shots of her besties for the prison paper? Smile and say "cheese". That's what Travis would want.

Speaking of weeds.... The only thing that matters to me is that she withheld vital information, aka lying. This means to me that she wanted to be on the jury. This makes her motivation suspect. She consorts with felons, a FACT. Her ex was prosecuted for murder by Juan, a FACT. She withheld during deliberations, a FACT, even if the criteria for deliberation were met. She now cries 'victim' and mistreatment and has LE protection. Her convicted felon hubby gives an interview and wants $$$. Meanwhile, there is NO evidence, NO proof thus far that she was ever the victim of DV. There is NO evidence of any credible death threats. But it's okay for people to find excuses for her even when there is no proof.

It's a shady DUCK, IMO. She's a lying liar who lies, a FACT, so why should I believe anything she says? If she were a witness in a trial I, as a juror, am allowed to put aside all her testimony if I catch her in a lie. I don't need to find excuses for her, or attempt to live inside her head for an explanation. It's her behaviour that matters. She is no victim.

One other thing, I particularly don't care for analysing her inner life unless there's a lot of information and behaviour and one is an expert. Just a pet peeve of mine, and not a reflection of this post. There's a lot, a LOT of ignorance out there thanks to pop psychology and the abuse excuse entrenched in society. I think sometimes we bend over backwards so much, our hearts bleed so much, that we abdicate all boundaries/critical faculties, and being a true victim has lost its meaning, and justice has been victimised to death.

applause...ESP that last line.

The 1998 case actually went on for 5 years. In Sept 2003 there was an order of discharge from probation. And yes, Juan is listed as representing the state on that as well. Her ex-husband had a direct affiliation with Juan for 5 years. They were newlyweds at the time. I think it's fair to assume she was present at each and every court date.

And aside from withholding all information regarding that case, she also lied about the one she did divulge. First of all it wasn't just burglary, it was also three counts of aggravated assault and misconduct involving weapons. And acording to BK's notes, #17 claimed he was sent to prison when they were separated. Well, his sentencing hearing was in June 2008. In black and white, the minutes clearly state that #17 made a statement to the court on his behalf.

But Greater Than, maybe she just forgot about speaking on his behalf and, and maybe she didn't know he had other chatges against him. Or maybe the questions Juan asked her were really, really vague. Clearly this is Juan's fault for leaving room in his questions to allow her to lie by omission. All Juan's fault.

:rolleyes:

Me also. I always worried about her getting all those appeals and dragging the Alexanders back into court again and again. And Lifers don't get overturned like DP's do. She will run out of money soon and she will be just another inmate with greying hair and age spots and leaking implants.

One of my sister's killers remains on death row and still invades my life w letters from the AG and appealing his denied appeals 25 hrs later. The other one released to Gen Pop in 2009 is a faint ghost. No one gives a crap about him anymore. So there's that.

I imagine she was living with him for years. Which means she would have seen him through his trial. Yet she doesn't remember Juan? Pull the other one.

In the court records that I saw it actually states that he is to live with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member