DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
East Texas sheriff’s office turns to DNA to identify 2002 remains

In 2002, human bones were found by workers along highway 271 near Gladewater.

They were never identified.

But the Gregg county sheriff’s office, who worked successfully with the “DNA Doe” project to find the identity of “Lavender Doe” in 2019, have turned to them again.

And some progress has already been made.

“They have her tracked to the North Carolina, West Virginia area where she has some family roots. And their working through possible family members to see if we can get her identified,” said lieutenant Josh Tubb of the Gregg county sheriff’s office.
They publicized it on Facebook as well, I saw very interesting comments, it seems she has an extended family in SC, some people say a few siblings in their family have a cleft palate (they are connected to the same family names and are connected to the first county mentioned).

I am wondering if in case of Allegan co John Doe his name will ever be released, it is not clear if he is a homicide victim or his death was accidental.

Ramsey County Jane Doe now has a reconstruction by our resident moderator, Mr. Koppelman.
RamseyCoJaneDoe1977-2_web.jpg

Any word on The Bowmanville Jane Doe case or the Nation River Lady?
No news unfortunately:( There are still 4-5 cases solved in 2020 but not announced, I think that Nation River Lady is among them (and Allegan co John Doe who I mentioned in my previous post as well)...

Last edited:
I will work on both. I got a new computer specifically for graphics, once I set it up, I hope to be able to make more life like images.
I don’t like many of clay reconstructions. From the DDP cases, I personally dislike reconstructions of Kentucky Jane Doe 2001, New Britain Jane Doe, Mecklenburg Jane Doe who was already mentioned, I think Summit co John Doe can benefit from colorful reconstruction, also Gacy victim 5 and Mathilda Ottawa.

I don’t like many of clay reconstructions. From the DDP cases, I personally dislike reconstructions of Kentucky Jane Doe 2001, New Britain Jane Doe, Mecklenburg Jane Doe who was already mentioned, I think Summit co John Doe can benefit from colorful reconstruction, also Gacy victim 5 and Mathilda Ottawa.
New Britain Jane Doe might be the most accurate out of those, since it was made by the FBI, but I think Matilda really needs a new reconstruction, she's listed as "White/Hispanic" on NamUs, but the reconstruction shows almost no hispanic characteristics.

New Britain Jane Doe might be the most accurate out of those, since it was made by the FBI, but I think Matilda really needs a new reconstruction, she's listed as "White/Hispanic" on NamUs, but the reconstruction shows almost no hispanic characteristics.
Agree! I just don’t have imagination and prefer colorful renderings to one-color clay reconstructions (though some clay reconstructions are not so bad as for example of Nation River Lady). There is also a newer reconstruction of New Britain Jane Doe, but it is a bit weird because she is looking up not straight forward, I don't understand the artist’s intention in this case, I don’t see any protruded chin or any other characteristic features that can help in recognizing her

The DDP has two new cases!
Gwinnett County Jane Doe (2021) from Georiga, I think it is their first case from Georgia
Although she was found in 2021, it was mentioned that the skull could have been in the location for up to 2 years
GA - GA - Buford, Female UP80164, Adult Pre-30, April 2021

"John Lehmann" Barnett Co 1999 (WI) NamUs #UP70151
A very interesting case, I am surprised both cases have almost no comments on websleuth
WI - WI - Webster, WhtMale UP70151, Adult - Pre 60, con man "John Lehman" & "Bobby James Pearson", Feb'99

The DDP has two new cases!
Gwinnett County Jane Doe (2021) from Georiga, I think it is their first case from Georgia
Although she was found in 2021, it was mentioned that the skull could have been in the location for up to 2 years
GA - GA - Buford, Female UP80164, Adult Pre-30, April 2021

"John Lehmann" Barnett Co 1999 (WI) NamUs #UP70151
A very interesting case, I am surprised both cases have almost no comments on websleuth
WI - WI - Webster, WhtMale UP70151, Adult - Pre 60, con man "John Lehman" & "Bobby James Pearson", Feb'99
Wow I’m really surprised they picked up Gwinnett County JD, that’s an extremely new case. Hopefully Georgia will start giving them more cases though, I think most of them are routed through the GBI

Spreadsheet update is still in progress but it looks like there has been a huge jump in the top match for Chattanooga Birchwood John Doe 2006 - now 404.6 cM!
I hope he’s identified somewhat quickly, unlike Mowry Wetlands, Marion Co., and Tukwila does, his case has been around since 2018, so they probably had a pretty structured tree already, I feel like this should really help narrow it down.

Has anyone asked what the difference between “Pending Announcement” and “Details Withheld” is? I assume they mean something similar but the latter almost sounds like they won’t release any information, despite it being a homicide IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter