DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if the DDP will take more Colorado cases, as they solved 2 of their Colorado cases.
Solved as per the listing on Search - UnidentifiedPersonsBureau (see screenshot below) - hopefully there'll be an update soon! Interesting as his top match on the spreadsheet is not that close. Maybe it was FTDNA that solved it, or it was matched to a missing person.

View attachment 365873
Good news! Waiting on the press release on this solve and Mercer Island’s JD (WA) solve from the last month.

An update on case funding from the rest of them:

Franklin Co. John Doe (2006) is at 80%, Tempe Girl is around 60%, Pima County Jane Doe is at 80%, Freeborn Co. John Doe is at 40%, Rock Co. John Doe is at 50% and Dane County Doe is actually listed as a donation case now as well.

Hopefully this one is also on their radar for Minnesota cases.
That one might be very difficult since he had died in a fire. IIRC there’s no DNA on file for him right now
This case now appears on their fundraising page, though not on the website yet! (caution PM photo at NAMUS link)

https://.com/@dnadoeproject/john-doe-up-12123-ramsey-county-mn

They completely removed the entry for Alachua County John Doe (1979) from their website. Swimsuit Boy appeared to me as the featured pending case, even though someone else is working on that case by all accounts. Still, I'm happy to see one of their older cases resolved. It has become harder to keep track of the new ones with some counties requesting lots of cases.

They completely removed the entry for Alachua County John Doe (1979) from their website. Swimsuit Boy appeared to me as the featured pending case, even though someone else is working on that case by all accounts. Still, I'm happy to see one of their older cases resolved. It has become harder to keep track of the new ones with some counties requesting lots of cases.
I wonder if they'll put up a gray solve page for them. It's not like Othram is a "rival" company so to say, the DDP does forensic genealogy while Othram typically does the testing and other companies or the PD does genealogy work.

No post still about the new Minnesota donation case, neither abount other new/active cases. It looks like they are busy preparing for the conference and there will be updates when it is over

Wayne County JD as well as the other cases that were meant to be moved are now listed as active on the site.

Wayne County JD as well as the other cases that were meant to be moved are now listed as active on the site.
Also interesting tidbit that has been added to Healdsburg Jane Doe's page:

" This case spent considerable time in the laboratory pipeline. It was ready to research just in time to be assigned to our latest cohort of interns from the University of New Haven’s Graduate Certificate Program in Forensic Genetic Genealogy. "

Does anyone know why Ramsey County Jane Doe was removed from the site?
From FB: "That case is still in our pipeline - there was some confusion on our end that resulted in the case being listed on the website prematurely."

Also, another new case -

From FB: "That case is still in our pipeline - there was some confusion on our end that resulted in the case being listed on the website prematurely."

Also, another new case -

A bit strange, looks like updates returned to the stage they were this spring! Hopefully we hear more updates soon

On the spreadsheet?
No, no the spreadsheet is good, I mean synchronization of cases on the websites and their announcements. It is a bit confusing with all new pending cases -which of them are active and which are still pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo