DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
I think I found the Montreal River John Doe 2017 case you cited

Canada's Missing | Case details

The description on the Canadian unidentified persons website mentions:
"Biogeographic Ancestry testing predicts that this unidentified male is of European ancestry."

Sounds like they are making some headway

Not sure if there's a WS thread for Montreal River John Doe 2017?
I can create a thread for him later! He is listed as being in an early stage (extraction of DNA) on the DDP’s pinned post (but it has not been updated for 2 months). However from his profile you found it looks like his DNA was already uploaded to the family DNA databases. There will be a new spreadsheet update next week, maybe he will be added there.

It sounds as Palisades Interstate Park Cliff John Doe 2006 is in active research now!

“"I can't predict the future," said Cairenn Binder, the director of the certificate program. "But I hope that they'll be able to identify the John Doe from New Jersey whose DNA we already have."

It sounds as Palisades Interstate Park Cliff John Doe 2006 is in active research now!

“"I can't predict the future," said Cairenn Binder, the director of the certificate program. "But I hope that they'll be able to identify the John Doe from New Jersey whose DNA we already have."

No thread yet for this Doe that I can find on WS.

No thread yet for this Doe that I can find on WS.
Two new threads created

I'm not sure if this is a mistake, but Mr. X and the Hartford Circus Fire victims aren't on the pending page anymore. If you still have a direct link you can access the pages but they aren't showing up in the list. I want to say it's a mistake, since when that happened with Alachua County John Doe, I think his page was fully closed.

Edit: Columbia County Jane Doe isn't there either, I'm pretty sure this is a mistake.

Must have been fixed now, there are 21 cases listed as Pending and these are the bottom 4 on the list; I didn't use the link to go in.

1944 Hartford Circus Fire Jane Doe ME/C 2109, NamUs #UP59502 at lab for additional extraction.
• Bones 20 Jane Doe 2003 (WA) NamUs #UP9930 back in sequencing.
• Caledonia Columbia Co Jane Doe 1982 (WI) NamUs #UP12533 at lab for sequencing.
Johnson Co "Mr X" John Doe 1972 (TX) NamUs #UP11445 at lab for additional extraction.
--- ON HOLD ---
1944 Hartford Circus Fire Jane Doe ME/C 4512, NamUs #UP59504 On hold for next extraction attempt.

Must have been fixed now, there are 21 cases listed as Pending and these are the bottom 4 on the list; I didn't use the link to go in.

1944 Hartford Circus Fire Jane Doe ME/C 2109, NamUs #UP59502 at lab for additional extraction.
• Bones 20 Jane Doe 2003 (WA) NamUs #UP9930 back in sequencing.
• Caledonia Columbia Co Jane Doe 1982 (WI) NamUs #UP12533 at lab for sequencing.
Johnson Co "Mr X" John Doe 1972 (TX) NamUs #UP11445 at lab for additional extraction.
--- ON HOLD ---
1944 Hartford Circus Fire Jane Doe ME/C 4512, NamUs #UP59504 On hold for next extraction attempt.
The pinned post was updated last time 3 months ago :( So, I think it can be that some of the information is not relevant any longer. But I think doggybag2355 refered to the Pending section of the DDP website, as a few of the old pending cases disappeared from it

The pinned post was updated last time 3 months ago :( So, I think it can be that some of the information is not relevant any longer. But I think doggybag2355 refered to the Pending section of the DDP website, as a few of the old pending cases disappeared from it

I’m still pretty sure it’s just a case of them not showing up for some reason

I have just listed to the episode of the Fall Line Podcast advertised by the DDP, very interesting! Highly recommended. A lot of insight from Cairenn Binder on the proccess of identification and working on difficult cases. She has also mentioned about a couple of cases where the DDP released the information about possible regions of interest and possible family names and mentioned thag a couple of these Does were tentively identified. I think Cairenn refers to Phoenix Jane Doe whose Namus and DoeNetwork profiles have been removed recently.
P.s. The DDP is not working on Leo Jane Doe

Joan has updated the spreadsheet, no new cases added, but two Does have new highest matches:

Redondo Jane Doe (CA) has a new highest match of 487.8 cM, before was 144.5 cM

Adam Doe has a new highest match of 53.1 cM before was 48.3 cM

Joan has updated the spreadsheet, no new cases added, but two Does have new highest matches:

Redondo Jane Doe (CA) has a new highest match of 487.8 cM, before was 144.5 cM

Adam Doe has a new highest match of 53.1 cM before was 48.3 cM
That's a big jump for Redondo! (Still don't really understand the numbers, but I know higher is better!)

An update about Wohler County John Doe

Here is his thread and Namus profile

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay