DNA Doe Project - General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder what will happen if one of the DDP fund cases get identified before their donation goals are met, on one hand, I hope that the DDP doesn't withhold their name, but also I hope that if they do release the names, it doesn't just make it so people don't feel they need to donate to that case anymore.
DDP has added the scale to show the progress towards the funding goal of all DDP fund cases on the website, unfortunately none of the DDP fund cases has reached even 20 % of the goal

Last edited:
Sorry was a double post

Last edited:
DDP has added the scale to show the progress towards the funding goal of all DDP fund cases on the website, unfortunately none of the DDP fund cases has reached even 20 % of the goal
A shame, but I think having the gauge there might give more incentive for people to donate. I also wonder if anyone can reach out to crime podcasts to maybe advertise for them

BIG NEWS coming from the DNA public spreadsheet: Doe Upload.xlsx

Ah, I'm waiting on pins and needles!!! Thanks for the heads up, Joan! So many glorious possibilities this could be & I'll admit I certainly have my own private hope for a one case in particular. It will be nice to have some great news at year's end.

Last edited:
Ah, I'm waiting on pins and needles!!! Thanks for the heads up, Joan! So many glorious possibilities this could be & I'll admit I certainly have my own private hope for a one case in particular. It will be nice to have some great news at year's end.
I have one guess about the news, but if I am right it is not about a single case/cases but more generic :)

I am silently hoping it is the many many hidden matches on Gedmatch being made available to LE again... but that would be major news, so I doubt that...

Ah, in addition to the Gedmatch results. That would be very interesting, especially for the ethnicity estimates (though i must say FTDNAs last update messed things up a lot).

That would definitely streamline cases. My thought is they'll start posting FamilyTreeDNA results.

Possibly but on the spreadsheet it says "GIGANTIC, HUGE, OFF THE WALL, GLORIOUS NEWS coming before Year End (we hope)! Can hardly wait to share!"

If the big news were posting FTDNA matches then why would they have to "hope" that the news would come before the year's end? Also I'm not sure that FTDNA matches being posted really matches the extreme excitement of the statement on the spreadsheet. But maybe...?

Maybe Ancestry has granted ONLY DDP access to their database?? That would be monumental. Although I'm not sure why the news would be posted on their spreadsheet first so hmmm not sure that fits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member