DNA Doe Project - General Discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the video. I'd not read about Pulaski County, MO Jane Doe. The last name Jubel (as found on the bra the victim was wearing) isn't unusual in eastern Missouri. There are families with that last name living in St. Louis City, county and outlying areas. There are also people from nearby counties who are of French and Native American ancestry, as well as the more common European/German ancestry.

JMO, based on searches at Ancestry.com and the location (known only to locals), this woman was most likely from the general area or elsewhere in eastern or central MO. Her post mortem photo seems more accurate than the artistic rendering. I don't think she was Hispanic. JMO

Missouri authorities exhume body hoping to solve 34-year-old cold case | FOX 2

Someone Got Away With Murder: Do You Know This Woman?
I agree. Her ethnicity admixture suggests that she was of (probably Northern/Western) European ancestry, not Indigenous or Hispanic.

Facebook post:

"Question: Do you take on cases where the Doe is believed to be under 18?
Answer: We do, and we have! We only turn down "baby Doe" cases where the mother is clearly a person of interest, since she would not have reported her baby or young child missing, although there are other organizations that do take on these cases. So it's not the age, it's the likely circumstances – e.g. if the mother was also found dead, we would certainly take them both on"

The youngest identified person is Wendy Stephens (14). I think they're no other Does who are estimated younger than 16, Apache Junction Jane Doe is estimated 16-18 and Gregg co Jane Doe 16-30.

Facebook post:

"Question: Do you take on cases where the Doe is believed to be under 18?
Answer: We do, and we have! We only turn down "baby Doe" cases where the mother is clearly a person of interest, since she would not have reported her baby or young child missing, although there are other organizations that do take on these cases. So it's not the age, it's the likely circumstances – e.g. if the mother was also found dead, we would certainly take them both on"

The youngest identified person is Wendy Stephens (14). I think they're no other Does who are estimated younger than 16, Apache Junction Jane Doe is estimated 16-18 and Gregg co Jane Doe 16-30.
I think Trabuco Canyon John Doe was estimated to be a teenager too.

I think Trabuco Canyon John Doe was estimated to be a teenager too.
You are right, and also Adam (Newton co John Doe). DDP commented on the post:

“Barbara Rae-Venter was originally working on the Boy in the Box. Even if we took child cases we would never take a case from someone else”.

I am puzzled if they refer to new child cases or that’s the teenagers cases we mentioned before.

You are right, and also Adam (Newton co John Doe). DDP commented on the post:

“Barbara Rae-Venter was originally working on the Boy in the Box. Even if we took child cases we would never take a case from someone else”.

I am puzzled if they refer to new child cases or that’s the teenagers cases we mentioned before.
Adam was killed by a serial killer whose identity is known so his age doesn't really matter.

Adam was killed by a serial killer whose identity is known so his age doesn't really matter.
Yes, you are right! So at the moment they have 3 Does who estimated to be teenagers. I just don’t understand if they refer to these cases on their post or to some new cases which have not been announced yet

Yes, you are right! So at the moment they have 3 Does who estimated to be teenagers. I just don’t understand if they refer to these cases on their post or to some new cases which have not been announced yet
Their explanation is ostensibly a wish not to pursue suspects and in it's often the case with babies and preteens that the parents, or other caretakers, will be the prime suspects if the child wasn't reported missing. Ok, but they did cases where the decedents were murdered adults and in one case from Barron County, Wisconsin there's a criminal investigation of the decedent's son and wife for the homicide and coverup of this man. Their work immediately unearthed the closest family members as suspects even if it wasn't their intention.

Their explanation is ostensibly a wish not to pursue suspects and in it's often the case with babies and preteens that the parents, or other caretakers, will be the prime suspects if the child wasn't reported missing. Ok, but they did cases where the decedents were murdered adults and in one case from Barron County, Wisconsin there's a criminal investigation of the decedent's son and wife for the homicide and coverup of this man. Their work immediately unearthed the closest family members as suspects even if it wasn't their intention.
I think the difference is that law enforcement had to do additional investigative work to discover his family members are suspects. They had to interview people and uncover leads. However, in the case of baby Does (especially newborns), law enforcement already knows that the mother is the suspect even before the baby is identified and will immediately arrest her when an identification is made. This blurs the lines for DNA Doe Project's legality as a non-profit organization to identify Does, not perpetrators.

Last edited:
Exactly. It was police work after the fact that found the family members responsible. I don't think there was any idea that his family would be responsible beforehand. Some cases though, it seems like they may know the family might be responsible, possibly with Kings County JD, Carson City JD, or Betty the Bag lady.

According to Carl’s new post this Thursday on Dateline the DDP volunteers will speak about Lavender Doe (Dana Dodd)case and identification. If somebody is interested.

Dateline NBC: “The Woman with No Name” Preview | March 4 2021
March 4 @ 10:00 PM - 11:00 PMEST

This Thursday (March 4, 2021) an all-new Dateline NBC features a group of internet investigators determined to solve a Jane Doe murder case
The Dateline episode: “The Woman with No Name” premieres March 4 at 10PM ET on the NBC Television Network.

The date was changed to the 18th of March
From the DDP facebook page
[EDITED: PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE, and in POST ABOVE!] Please tune in to NBC on Thursday, March 18, 2021 when Dateline profiles the case of Lavender Doe https://nbcnews.to/3kLqGDF. You can learn more about the Lavender Doe Case here: https://dnadoeproject.org/case/lavender-doe/

This was in an unrelated post talking about Joseph Newton Chandler on Facebook, but I found this tidbit interesting:
vahJKA8.png

This was in an unrelated post talking about Joseph Newton Chandler on Facebook, but I found this tidbit interesting:
vahJKA8.png
I've noticed that their pinned post has some mistakes, have they even updated the number of solved cases? I believe it ought to show 36 instead of 35, I've excluded cases where the decedent was identified by different means.

I've noticed that their pinned post has some mistakes, have they even updated the number of solved cases? I believe it ought to show 36 instead of 35, I've excluded cases where the decedent was identified by different means.
This was on a different post that was written out though, so I'm assuming it's correct?

Now it is updated, it says 39 identified. So, 11 announcements left, I wonder if this 11 include the fire victims. There are so many Does on the spreadsheet who have very good matches...

Charlene Doe has been identified as Jenifer Noreen Denton from Joliet, Illinois.

upload_2021-3-6_20-19-29-png.287185

Jenifer Denton was born in 1963 and was twenty-four years old when she went missing from her Joliet home. She left behind her one-year-old daughter and all her personal belongings. When she was found, it was determined that Jenifer had been shot at least once in the head. This case is still considered to be open and further investigations are underway into this murder.

Charlene Doe Newton Co 1988 - DNA Doe Project Cases

Jenifer Noreen Denton's WS thread as Charlene Doe:
IN - IN - Morocco, 'Charlene Doe' 499UFIN, 25-45, in Willow Slough, Aug'88

Charlene Doe has been identified as Jenifer Noreen Denton from Joliet, Illinois.

upload_2021-3-6_20-19-29-png.287185

Jenifer Denton was born in 1963 and was twenty-four years old when she went missing from her Joliet home. She left behind her one-year-old daughter and all her personal belongings. When she was found, it was determined that Jenifer had been shot at least once in the head. This case is still considered to be open and further investigations are underway into this murder.

Charlene Doe Newton Co 1988 - DNA Doe Project Cases

Jenifer Noreen Denton's WS thread as Charlene Doe:
IN - IN - Morocco, 'Charlene Doe' 499UFIN, 25-45, in Willow Slough, Aug'88
Jenifer was a beautiful young woman! Kudos to the DDP, I am so happy that this beautiful lady has been identified. If I understood it correctly she vanished in the middle of the night from her home and she had a one-year old baby daughter, so tragic, that her daughter did not have a chance to know her mother.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member