Do you like the new format for WS?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Dave:

This is an incredibly long page and I have not read it all. What I have read shows this is a ling standing Google Chrome issue which dates back to late 2011. Supposedly a fix was issued in Jan of 2012, but it failed to fix anything

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/1SldkjmC-UM/oMk22ARJEgAJ

At a point in the thread above somebody offers advice that there may be more than one shockwave plugin installed. Some people would show 2 plugins and they could disable the stand alone adobe version. Some only showed 1 plugin and were unable to fix it. Later in the thread somebody came along and stated that he was one of the people that only showed 1 shockwave plug in. unable to perform the required fix of disabling 1 and leaving just 1 enabled ,he decided to disable the one that was listed. This worked for him and seems to have fixed the issue for the others that I have read up to this point.

Below is a quote from the thread which is the solution for some

Hanna J. said:
Hi Dwight,

Thanks for posting in the Chrome forum and sorry you're having difficulties. Can you please confirm that you are on the latest version of Chrome and on the latest version of Flash---right-click on Flash content and select “About Adobe Flash” or visit this link. Then, try these steps:
Go to chrome://plugins and check “Always Allowed” under the Flash plugin (this is Chrome's built-in flash plugin, Pepperflash)
If you have more than one Flash plugin installed, please disable one version by going to chrome://plugins, click on “Details” in the upper right corner, and “disable” under one of the two Flash plugins

---------------------------------------------------------

Now, for those who do not list 2 plugins, they should just disable the plugin that is shown.

I have not yet tried this but the success of this fix is supported by lots of posters.

Dave

Hi Everyone,

I am closing this thread. However, if you have any issues please email websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Please do not hesitate for one moment to email us about anything to do with your experience at Websleuths.

Thanks,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members