Do you look for Caylee when you're out in public?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do not specifically look for missing kids while I am out, but I do pay attention to all children and would "take a second look" if a child looked like Caylee, Trenton, Maddie...

I do think people in general are looking. I have noticed people checking out my daughter while we are out in public. I know most girls that age can resemble each other but I do have to say that although they would not pass for twins, my daughter looks a lot more like Caylee than the girl (with the runny nose picture) who was awaken to check if she was Caylee. I joke with family and friends that I just hope the house is clean when we get our visit. Even my daughter gets confused, I was watching the video of Caylee with her great grandfather and my daughter came into the room and asked "mommy, who's that man holding me?".

Do I look for Caylee when I'm out in public ?

Only when I'm hiking in swampy areas close to Orlando International Airport or J. Blanchard Park ...

No, I don't. I would feel awkward looking in other people's ponds or dumpsters.

As sad as this statement is, I found it hilarious, I guess cause between all the other posts, yours is exactly what I am thinking and only boredom made me read this thread.

Caylee will never be found, alive or deceased. Casey made sure of that.

I was out to dinner the other night with hubby and there was a little girl across from us. She did not look like Caylee, however she was about the same age as her. I stared at her most of the time we were there just thinking about what Caylee would be doing right now if she were still here. My hubby finally ask me what I was staring at and I could not tell him. This case has had such an huge impact on me and sometimes(in fact most times) it is allI think about. I have a thirteen year old daughter and she came in to the room when I was watching NG and said "Mom I think she is dead". She wanted me to explain why a mother would do that to a child. I was speechless and could tell that it was something that bothered her. I didn't really even know that she had been paying attention to the case. I tried to explain the best I could, but it was very hard to look in such innocent eyes and talk about the evil in this world.

I was out to dinner the other night with hubby and there was a little girl across from us. She did not look like Caylee, however she was about the same age as her. I stared at her most of the time we were there just thinking about what Caylee would be doing right now if she were still here. My hubby finally ask me what I was staring at and I could not tell him. This case has had such an huge impact on me and sometimes(in fact most times) it is allI think about. I have a thirteen year old daughter and she came in to the room when I was watching NG and said "Mom I think she is dead". She wanted me to explain why a mother would do that to a child. I was speechless and could tell that it was something that bothered her. I didn't really even know that she had been paying attention to the case. I tried to explain the best I could, but it was very hard to look in such innocent eyes and talk about the evil in this world.

I love your signature!

I know what you mean about explaining it to the kids.
My daughter is 21, so I really don't have to explain anything to her.
My 16 year old gets disgusted with the entire case because he thinks were it not a pretty little white girl and nice looking mother, that we barely would have heard about the case, if at all.
My 11 year old knows about it, wants her home(dead or alive) and will watch a few minutes of Nancy Grace with me; then it's off to the Wii for him. He has been there for me through the tears though. He also gets lots of hugs.

Every evening after I get home from work, I go to a local park to walk with my daughter for a couple of miles.
Now I know that Caylee is not going to be in a park in Stockbridge, Ga. playing like nothing has happened, but I still find myself paying more attention to the kids on the playground.

I live outside Savannah, GA, only about 5-6 hours from Orlando. When the news first broke, I was millitant about looking for Caylee's face in a crowd. As time goes by, though, I find myself looking less and less.

This case DID, however, lead me to look at missing kids from our area...and I find myself constatntly on the lookout...

No I don't, not for Caylee, but for others like Trenton Duckett I do.

I feel if Caylee were alive, someone had her and with all the so called "tips" G&C have been getting, they would go themselves to look for her and see if the tips were true. With the grandparents NOT going to NC or where ever they think she is, speaks loud and clear, they DO NOT believe she is alive.

If it were my grandchild, you can bet I would go off on every wild goose chase there was to see if a sighting was my grandchild or not. I would never sit home and gripe because LE is not looking for a live child, even tho I feel they are.

I really feel if the Anthony's thought for one minute that Caylee were alive, they would go and get her or at least check the tips out. GA being LE himself, you would think he would be more involved in the search for his grand daughter.

They are not involved in the search at all. It seems complete strangers care more for Caylee than her own family does. It breaks my heart to think this baby is out there some where alone, needing to have a proper resting place and all the while the very 2 people who say they loved her, hide the person responsible and do absolutely nothing but B*tch because nobody else is doing anything.

KC said it all when she said she was a spiteful B*tch and that is exactly why she got rid of her daughter, to SPITE her mother.

I love your signature!

I know what you mean about explaining it to the kids.
My daughter is 21, so I really don't have to explain anything to her.
My 16 year old gets disgusted with the entire case because he thinks were it not a pretty little white girl and nice looking mother, that we barely would have heard about the case, if at all.
My 11 year old knows about it, wants her home(dead or alive) and will watch a few minutes of Nancy Grace with me; then it's off to the Wii for him. He has been there for me through the tears though. He also gets lots of hugs.

Every evening after I get home from work, I go to a local park to walk with my daughter for a couple of miles.
Now I know that Caylee is not going to be in a park in Stockbridge, Ga. playing like nothing has happened, but I still find myself paying more attention to the kids on the playground.

Thank you...funny, you are not far from me. I am in Snellville Ga

No, I don't look for Caylee, I believe she is in heaven RIP baby girl

Poppy

Yes! I was at a football game last night and found myself staring at every little girl that walked past. :(

Since becoming a mother, I do look at other children more, just in a general sense.

I look to see what other people children look like, behave, and then also tend to feel a bond with another family. I think having children awakens you to what others endure to have that child in their life, what steps they go through in raising them, etc. I feel this way - so I tend to smile, spark up conversation, etc with other mommies and daddies out there.

If I had come across a child that looked like Caylee or any of the missing childrens bulletins I've seen, I would look twice. Yes.

I look for Caylee and Trenton. I didn't realize until they posted the aged progressed picture of Trenton that I was still looking at two year old little boys. He'll always look like that to me.

Some of us have Caylee's picture in our signatures and as our avatars and every time I come across one I feel like someone has kicked me in the chest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back