Do you sincerely believe Jose Baez' version of what happened!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you sincerely believe JB's version of what happened, did Caylee accidently drown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If it really was an accident, and Casey really panicked, then why not just say "it was an accident, and I panicked and left her body in the woods" when police first questioned her so that the autopsy could show Caylee drowned, instead of waiting 3 years to throw GA under the train, run him over several times, pick him up off the tracks, and then throw him under a truck to start the process all over.

Why not just admit she looked away for too long and Caylee got in the pool and drowned. Instead, DT makes out that NOTHING is Casey's fault - it's CA's fault for leaving the ladder on the pool (even though she testified she didn't), and it's GA who got rid of the body and set it up to look like murder, and it's RK who hid the body until he figured he could get the reward money....

I think the real problem is that the family has made excuses for Casey's behavior for too many years, that she feels no need to take responsibility for her own actions.

If it really was an accident, and Casey really panicked, then why not just say "it was an accident, and I panicked and left her body in the woods" when police first questioned her so that the autopsy could show Caylee drowned, instead of waiting 3 years to throw GA under the train, run him over several times, pick him up off the tracks, and then throw him under a truck to start the process all over.

Because she KNEW there was duct tape over Caylee's mouth and could not show LE where the body was. They would know it was homicide.

Why didn't Casey just drown Caylee in the pool, call 911 and claim it was an accident?. She might have gotten away with that. If she put her under a float, sat on it, and left no bruises murder would be hard to prove.

Why didn't Casey just drown Caylee in the pool, call 911 and claim it was an accident?. She might have gotten away with that. If she put her under a float, sat on it, and left no bruises murder would be hard to prove.

She wouldn't have even had to do anything like holding her under. She could have just left the ladder up, and the sliding door open, and then gone to another room. Caylee probably would have done what thousands of toddlers do each year. Climb into a pool all alone, and sink to the bottom.

" How in the world could a mother ignore her child missing for 31 days? She couldn't--that is CRAZY. "

That is what Baez said. Then he went on to EXPLAIN what 'really' happened, and why Casey was really a victim.

He CANNOT ignore that huge story he tried to sell to the jury.

She wouldn't have even had to do anything like holding her under. She could have just left the ladder up, and the sliding door open, and then gone to another room. Caylee probably would have done what thousands of toddlers do each year. Climb into a pool all alone, and sink to the bottom.

Casey isn't stupid. Casey was on the prowl for a man, and what kind of man wants a woman who lost her child to possible neglect. Criminal charges probably also played a role, as Casey surely knew that other women have been charged for criminal neglect in accident cases.

My biggest problem with the "accidental drowning" defense, however, is that there would have been not one but two safety precautions breached: #1 the door left unlocked or unsecured, and #2 the ladder left up. That sounds very unlikely, especially when a family like the Anthonys, who were very safety conscious, are concerned.

Casey isn't stupid. Casey was on the prowl for a man, and what kind of man wants a woman who lost her child to possible neglect. Criminal charges probably also played a role, as Casey surely knew that other women have been charged for criminal neglect in accident cases.

My biggest problem with the "accidental drowning" defense, however, is that there would have been not one but two safety precautions breached: #1 the door left unlocked or unsecured, and #2 the ladder left up. That sounds very unlikely, especially when a family like the Anthonys, who were very safety conscious, are concerned.

I agree. I was just saying that is a possible way she killed her on purpose. She could have just let her drown without doing anything to prevent it. And then, tape her mouth to make it look like a kidnapping and put her in the trunk. I think she was originally going to dump her and call in missing child/kidnapping. But she was too afraid, and she was having too good a time to follow through. Until the smell, and then it was too late to report the child gone because she knew it would come back on her immediately because of the stink. I am surprised she didnt set fire to the car and call it in as stolen with a child inside.

I am waiting to hear how Kronk went up and down alleyways looking for dead children that were triple bagged with duct tape across their face so he could haul them around for 5 months to get a reward. This well be a real doozy when he shows up on the stand.

:floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh:

Glued to the screen waiting for that, too.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Here's what I don't get.....

All JB needs to get her off is "reasonable doubt". Wouldn't a competent DT have taken the following position, acknowledging all the evidence but explaining it away?:

- Caylee drowned in the pool.
- Casey panicked, went into shock, PTSD, etc. Bad relationship w/ her parents over her ability as a mother so felt she couldn't report it. Hid the body in the backyard that night.
- Went back the next day, attempted to bury body but it didn't work. Due to decomp (as per the SA witness) fluid had begun to pour from mouth and nose.
- Casey covered the mouth and nose with duct tape to stop the fluid.
- Put body in trunk and disposed of it in the swamp 3 days later.
- PTSD and denial led to her behavior for the next 31 days.

Reasonable doubt accomplished!

I've been trying to figure this out since about 5 minutes of hearing JB's OS. I don't believe any of it, but I cannot understand why there was no attempt to make it somewhat believable.

Even if ICA insisted on putting George in the drowning story, JB still could have made it more believable that what he put out there.

For example...........

George and ICA can't find Caylee, they both run outside and discover her in the pool ... leave out the very detailed BS about searching the closets, under the beds and in the garage before very obviously checking the pool...so they find Caylee in the pool, it is very obvious Caylee is dead but they frantically try to do CPR...imagine that...ICA runs to call 911 and George stops her realizing it won't do any good, ICA begs George not to tell, to help her come up with something so Cindy doesn't throw her out on the street. After
awhile he agrees and they agree on a kidnapping story.

This only covers the drowning part of course, but if this first part isn't in the least bit believable, how can anyone believe or even consider anything else.

It's still ridiculous, but it makes a little more sense and MIGHT give one or two jurors some reasonable doubt. The story he told just seem so sloppy and not at all thought out. I don't get it.

I agree. I was just saying that is a possible way she killed her on purpose. She could have just let her drown without doing anything to prevent it. And then, tape her mouth to make it look like a kidnapping and put her in the trunk. I think she was originally going to dump her and call in missing child/kidnapping. But she was too afraid, and she was having too good a time to follow through. Until the smell, and then it was too late to report the child gone because she knew it would come back on her immediately because of the stink. I am surprised she didnt set fire to the car and call it in as stolen with a child inside.

You are so right, katydid. And just think of the work it would've saved her, not to mention what it took to keep up with all those lies. :banghead:

No one covers up an accident unless it can be proven its not a accident. Mr Baez wants me to believe that caylee drowned. That Miss Anthony partied with her friends for 31 days because she was abused when she was a child and there for doesn't show emotion like others. Huh? Didnt Malory say Casey was an awesome mom wouldn't that imply she showed love and care for her daughter. But yet Im suppose to believe that this so called awesome mom could not show any emotion after her baby girl died. Seems Miss Anthony didnt have a hard time showing emotion to others when it counted. My answer is HECK No!

monique said:
Here's what I don't get.....

All JB needs to get her off is "reasonable doubt". Wouldn't a competent DT have taken the following position, acknowledging all the evidence but explaining it away?

- Caylee drowned in the pool.
- Casey panicked, went into shock, PTSD, etc. Bad relationship w/ her parents over her ability as a mother so felt she couldn't report it. Hid the body in the backyard that night.
- Went back the next day, attempted to bury body but it didn't work. Due to decomp (as per the SA witness) fluid had begun to pour from mouth and nose.
- Casey covered the mouth and nose with duct tape to stop the fluid.
- Put body in trunk and disposed of it in the swamp 3 days later.
- PTSD and denial led to her behavior for the next 31 days.

Reasonable doubt accomplished!

Never4GetCaylee said:
I've been trying to figure this out since about 5 minutes of hearing JB's OS. I don't believe any of it, but I cannot understand why there was no attempt to make it somewhat believable.

Even if ICA insisted on putting George in the drowning story, JB still could have made it more believable that what he put out there.

For example...........

George and ICA can't find Caylee, they both run outside and discover her in the pool ... leave out the very detailed BS about searching the closets, under the beds and in the garage before very obviously checking the pool...so they find Caylee in the pool, it is very obvious Caylee is dead but they frantically try to do CPR...imagine that...ICA runs to call 911 and George stops her realizing it won't do any good, ICA begs George not to tell, to help her come up with something so Cindy doesn't throw her out on the street. After

This only covers the drowning part of course, but if this first part isn't in the least bit believable, how can anyone believe or even consider anything else.

It's still ridiculous, but it makes a little more sense and MIGHT give one or two jurors some reasonable doubt. The story he told just seem so sloppy and not at all thought out. I don't get it.
Liars embellish their stories to ridiculous ends. They add way too many details and this is usually how they get caught as it is hard to remember all of the lies that you told in the first place.

I think it was an accidental overdose or suffocation in the trunk, where darling Caylee was used to sleeping, while ICA partied. That would be the reason she wouldn't report the "accident".
Someone told her that keeping the body hidden as long as possible would make it harder to prove cause of death and who did it. Part was panic part was a plan.
Then she got found out (by family) and somebody helped her cover up.
I'm sure at first she wanted to rat on everyone who helped her, blaming them all but lawyers said the current strategy would be better for avoiding execution as aquittal is a long-shot.
Maybe I'll read more tidbits that will change my theory.

I don't SINCERELY believe any of what JB said.
I don't believe that Caylee drowned, but I'm not completely convinced that she didn't.
Does that make sense?

My head goes there sometimes too, but it doesn't involve George, Kronk, or any mystery kidnapper. "if" this were the case, I could see ICA putting her in the bags and dumping her. She laid her poor little body in the backyard while she gathered her "things" -- which is why (IMHO) the dogs hit on that corner of the backyard.

IMHO - she acted alone, and should be held accountable accordingly.

moo

Mel

not a chance!!!! however, I must admit that he was compelling enough that if he'd only said caylee drowned, it would have given me enough reasonable doubt to consider it as a possibility.

I'm not sure if I would have carried on thinking that after hearing 84 visits to sci-spot and dr G's testimony. also, if JB never tried to discount the fact there was a body after admitting there was one :|

I agree. And I even agree that he could have pulled off the SA thing, because someone will believe it just because he said it. But he went WAY too far by saying that George knew about the accident and was involved in a cover-up. I can't imagine who would believe such a thing, and it really seems an unnecessary aspect.

He could have said she freaked and put Caylee in her trunk in a panic, then went into denial, not knowing what to do. He could have persuaded at least one or two people that her alleged history of abuse accounted for a totally uncharacteristic reaction for a mother. (As Dr. G. said, even when a body is already stiff the parent will call 911.)

For example...........

Totally agree. Your story is much more believable than JB's and could certainly cause doubt to creep into a juror's mind. JB's story is such a reach.

Why not just admit she looked away for too long and Caylee got in the pool and drowned. Instead, DT makes out that NOTHING is Casey's fault - it's CA's fault for leaving the ladder on the pool (even though she testified she didn't), and it's GA who got rid of the body and set it up to look like murder, and it's RK who hid the body until he figured he could get the reward money....

I think the real problem is that the family has made excuses for Casey's behavior for too many years, that she feels no need to take responsibility for her own actions.

Excellent point that she takes no responsibility for ANY aspect of this "accident". We keep wondering why JB had to add in the stuff about George, etc. But apparently Casey can't be guilty of any element of the situation whatsoever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back