Do you trust this jury?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm actually shocked that they picked so many people with checkered pasts. One had bad check charges, another a DUI, several had family members involved in crimes.

Do I trust this Jury ? I have to ..... and whatever they come back with, I have to respect their opinion, they are there and I am not.

I think the juror that said she cannot judge, after hearing the evidence and having other juror's to bounce off of, imo, will be able to overcome her thought process of not judging and come through for her fellow juror's and Caylee .......... moo

yesterday seidlin said that it's important to remember that juries aren't rich and famous, so they tend to lack sophistication, the implication being that they may be too dense to get the rules. i kid you not. what a meatball. it seems that ever since the o.j. case folks think that juries acquit despite overwhelming evidence, that there's always a 50/50 chance a defendant will walk regardless of the evidence. which is absolutely crazy on so many levels. i think this jury, like most juries, will have absolutely no problem weighing the evidence and returning a verdict that makes sense.

Doesn't it make you wonder how someone like him ever rose to the position of Judge? That truly scares me.

Do we have a choice?

Not being snarky here but it is what it is and all I can hope for is that these jurors weigh the evidence and do the right thing and in this case that means finding ICA guilty of 1st degree murder, the evidence supports this.

I think that the OJ trial traumatized us in regards to being able to trust that a jury will do the right thing, so I understand your pov.

I completely trust that this jury will do their jobs.

The only thing I have not trusted all along was their knowledge of the case. Those who knew few details, more than likely knew a whole lot more than what they claimed during jury selections.
No doubt, this is good for Caylee's side, but their motive for getting on this jury may not be.

I fully expect that at least 5 of these people are excited to start cashing in on this trial.

BBM. I don't believe for a nano-second that those who were selected to serve on this jury - all of them Florida residents - knew nothing about the Casey Anthony case that has been in the news for three years. I live in north-suburban Detroit and have heard people discussing the Anthony case in the hair salon, nail salon, check-out line at grocery stores and pharmacy (CVS), and in restaurants. It's ludicrous for Florida residents to say that they haven't heard about this high profile case. jmo

No. Juror #4 was a gift to the defense.
HHJP showed bias when he insisted she be on the Jury because of some spurious claim of racism from CM.
CM played him..

Having #4 included because of race has always bothered me, after she said she can't judge someone. She should have been tossed because of that.

The State dropped the ball on this one. They had already made up their mind to strike her after the DT questioned her first. Not because of race, but because she a) said she couldn't judge others and b) they felt she would have trouble understanding forensics, etc. (IMO). Since they'd already made up their mind, they didn't question her or questioned her very little. Which left the door open for the DT to claim racial bias. And as the saying goes, they drove a truck right through it.

I don't like it, but HHJP made the right call and the only call he could under the circumstances. It is what it is. But I think there's a good chance that she may surprise us all. At least that's what I'm hoping.

MOO

The State dropped the ball on this one. They had already made up their mind to strike her after the DT questioned her first. Not because of race, but because she a) said she couldn't judge others and b) they felt she would have trouble understanding forensics, etc. (IMO). Since they'd already made up their mind, they didn't question her or questioned her very little. Which left the door open for the DT to claim racial bias. And as the saying goes, they drove a truck right through it.

I don't like it, but HHJP made the right call and the only call he could under the circumstances. It is what it is. But I think there's a good chance that she may surprise us all. At least that's what I'm hoping.

MOO

If you remember HHJP had got very tired of JB and his endless pointless questions and he told them all he was going to limit the time and amount of questions. It only took JA a few questions of #4 to know he didn't want her (WE all certainly knew, she could barely comprehend the questions and didn't want to judge others) but when he said he didn't want her part of the reason HHJP gave for over ruling him was that he didn't ask sufficient questions but was working from racial prejudice!
:banghead:

I really really want to trust this jury..BUT..there is nowt as strange as folk..as the old saying goes.

There are people out there...some on a disney forum I post on...who actually feel sorry for CAsey!!!!:maddening:

There are people out there who actually send Casey fan mail and money...:maddening:

there are people out there who are very dim and have no commen sense.

there are people out there who just LOVE to be contrary and contraversial:maddening:

We have to hope and pray that none of the above got onto that jury!

I have a sneaking suspicion that this jury is going to end up being hung. To many choices with all the lesser degrees then of course you have juror #4. Sadly as much as I'd like to see a verdict for 1st degree I don't think that's going to happen if deliberations proceed into the later part of this week. The longer the deliberations the more "compromising" that is going on imho.

I just believe that it's human nature for at least one of those twelve to disagree just to be disagreeable, just to not go along with the group, just to buck what everyone else thinks.
I thought this jury would be a hung jury from the get go unfortunately. Hung jury means re-trial correct? Wonder how long that will take...

Can someone please show a reliable source of the jury's info. The one site I read did not say #4 cannot judge people.

I'm actually shocked that they picked so many people with checkered pasts. One had bad check charges, another a DUI, several had family members involved in crimes.

Well, remember, they had to dismiss one whole potential jury pool because of the outburst of the woman with mental issues. That pool could have contained many of the jurors, but we wil never know.

I've often wondered if some of these jurors were less than honest when they said they knew nothing about this case. I also wonder about "stealth" jurors. I hope they do what's right and come back with murder one conviction.

I think the fact that they all hung in there for the whole trial and no one dropped out says something. The media folks who were in the gallery commented daily about how they would be taking notes, leaning over to look at the defendant/parents, etc., and I am hopeful that they all are in the right frame of mind to get this done correctly. You look at the OJ trial and the Peterson trial. There were jurors who had to be replaced for one reason or another. This group hung in there.

I just believe that it's human nature for at least one of those twelve to disagree just to be disagreeable, just to not go along with the group, just to buck what everyone else thinks.
I thought this jury would be a hung jury from the get go unfortunately. Hung jury means re-trial correct? Wonder how long that will take...

You are so right!...This is my fear...iam sure we all know several people like that...just LOVE to disagree just for the sake of it!:maddening:

I really really want to trust this jury..BUT..there is nowt as strange as folk..as the old saying goes.

There are people out there...some on a disney forum I post on...who actually feel sorry for CAsey!!!!:maddening:

There are people out there who actually send Casey fan mail and money...:maddening:

there are people out there who just LOVE to be contrary and contraversial:maddening:

Funny you mentioned the Disney forum....I was just at DisneyWorld last week and overheard 4 cast members discussing the case. They think Casey is guilty and absolutely despise JB.

Nope, don't trust them. Especially not the black IT guy who felt she was not guilty. And jury number 4 who doesn't like to point fingers at people.

And people who flip off Jeff Ashton! :banghead:

I have a sneaking suspicion that this jury is going to end up being hung. To many choices with all the lesser degrees then of course you have juror #4. Sadly as much as I'd like to see a verdict for 1st degree I don't think that's going to happen if deliberations proceed into the later part of this week. The longer the deliberations the more "compromising" that is going on imho.

If there is a hung jury, would ICA still remain in jail?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleausky
Back