Documentary on bestiality premieres at Sundance Film Festival

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Peter Hamilton said:
Robert Redford should hang his head in shame--How can he allow necrophilia and beastiality films to be entered at Sundance?, one of the most famous film festivals in the world---I think he's lost it or perhaps, since he's 70 years old now, he may not realize that his own film festval is being dragged thru the mud--What's next? Sado-Masochism films with ....
Peter, I didn't even think about that.

Lion

laini said:
bestiality is illegal, isn't it?

Not, apparently, in Washington:

Devor and his writing partner, Charles Mudede, live in Seattle and were stunned, as were many in the state, by a story that broke in 2005 about a local man who died after having sex with an Arabian stallion. Though bestiality is not illegal in Washington, the subsequent revelation of the existence of an Internet-based zoophile community (the men refer to themselves as "zoos," hence the title) was a shock.

so, no it's not 'illegal' as such. only in some states which saw fit to write a law saying it was. i wonder which other states have bestiality as legal? :confused:

julianne said:
I think it's realistic to make the arguement that animals ARE sentient beings, which really only means that they are "endowed with feeling"---we all know animals are capable of FEELING---I know this when my dog is overcome with joyous feelings simply because I arrived home, or is sullen when I don't greet her immediately and long enough to her standards, or starts shaking and hides when I ask her if she wants a bath, etc.
Well yes, of course, animals are sentient beings! And NO animals were harmed in making the making of this movie. No inappropriate human-animal contact was filmed or shown in any manner. I stand by my orginal thought that artists should be allowed to explore any aspect of the human condition as long as sentient beings aren't harmed in the creation of their art.

Floh said:
Not, apparently, in Washington:

Devor and his writing partner, Charles Mudede, live in Seattle and were stunned, as were many in the state, by a story that broke in 2005 about a local man who died after having sex with an Arabian stallion. Though bestiality is not illegal in Washington, the subsequent revelation of the existence of an Internet-based zoophile community (the men refer to themselves as "zoos," hence the title) was a shock.

so, no it's not 'illegal' as such. only in some states which saw fit to write a law saying it was. i wonder which other states have bestiality as legal? :confused:
There's some great information about bestiality laws at this link:

http://www.answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=473091

Additionally, animal abuse/cruelty laws are on the books in all states and are what are regularly used to prosecute bestiality cases. In this regard, bestiality is not legal in any state because it always constitutes abuse of an animal.

I find myself hoping that for a moment, PETA and ASPCA can make a short alliance to voice their outrage and get this film the shameful exposure it deserves, not lauds! It's looked at as animal abuse by many, and prosecuted. (Rightfully so too!) I see now that this idea has already been brought up, so I wonder when states are going to start refusing to let it be sold within their boundaries based on its portrayl of illegal activites? :mad:

Peter Hamilton said:
Robert Redford should hang his head in shame--How can he allow necrophilia and beastiality films to be entered at Sundance?, one of the most famous film festivals in the world---I think he's lost it or perhaps, since he's 70 years old now, he may not realize that his own film festval is being dragged thru the mud--What's next? Sado-Masochism films with ....
Possibly Redford, like many filmmakers, considers exploration of human psychopathology a worthy aim of the medium. One of the goals of film is to evoke a response from viewers and this film certainly seems to be doing that - even just the thought of viewing it is doing that!

As far as sado/masochism, one of the best films in the world about that subject - Secretary with James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal - hailed from Sundance.

KatK said:
I find myself hoping that for a moment, PETA and ASPCA can make a short alliance to voice their outrage and get this film the shameful exposure it deserves, not lauds! It's looked at as animal abuse by many, and prosecuted. (Rightfully so too!) I see now that this idea has already been brought up, so I wonder when states are going to start refusing to let it be sold within their boundaries based on its portrayl of illegal activites? :mad:
Do states not allow films which depict torture and murder (The Departed, The Godfather, The Passion etc....) to be shown within their boundaries? Hardly.

Does United 93 - which depicts the brutal slaughter of innocents - glorify murder with its shameful exposure? I don't think so.

Why is this illegal subject matter different than the illegal subject matter of murder?

"who are brave enough to explore the crevasses."

With all the heated issues of the subject, can no one still snicker at this choice of words for this topic???? :laugh:

GlitchWizard said:

With all the heated issues of the subject, can no one still snicker at this choice of words for this topic???? :laugh:
LOL, Glitch! I didn't even think of that consciously when I typed it! :blowkiss:

Peter Hamilton said:
Okay, I'm going to forgive you ahead of time, based on simple, common ignorance of what S&M is all about that you even put it in the same realm as necrophilia or beastiality. Do you know that ANYONE who likes a little pat on the bottom during sex play, or to use scarves to be restrained with, is actually practicing some form of S&M? That's like.... 99% of the sexual population.

S&M is 100% consensual between adults who can consent. Anything else is torture, not S&M.

Absoulutely nothing to do with the dead, animals, children or non consenting adults.

(No longer commenting on above quote, new train of thought...)

While I do not (can not?) say the subject of beastiality could ever be beautiful, I see nothing wrong with someone exploring the information to further their understanding on the subject. Sweeping things under the rug, holding your ears and eyes and saying "la la la la I can't hear you" doesn't solve anything. Society does this all too often, trying to ignore things and hope they go away, rather than learning about them, and perhaps finding ways to combat the issues they feel need combating. (Such as respect for the dead, animal rights, children's safety, etc.)

southcitymom said:
LOL, Glitch! I didn't even think of that consciously when I typed it! :blowkiss:
That's good! I'd be seriously concerned about your mental health if you did! ;)

southcitymom said:
Do states not allow films which depict torture and murder (The Departed, The Godfather, The Passion etc....) to be shown within their boundaries? Hardly.

Does United 93 - which depicts the brutal slaughter of innocents - glorify murder with its shameful exposure? I don't think so.

Why is this illegal subject matter different than the illegal subject matter of murder?
Well, some states (Oklahoma) didn't used to let you get a tattoo within their borders, *and* Texas won't let you buy dildos/vibrators for any other purpose than "educational". There are also various counties within the states that forbid the sales of alcohol within their boundaries as well.

Unbelievable, isn't it!~ Thank goodness our Lion is repulsed by the thought of it :p :p It is 4am and I couldn't sleep so came to see what's up and it is definately down. I had to put a bit of humor here as just the idea of it is so ludicrus.

I am am artist and it is true, anything can be made beautiful if it is painted correctly and with expression. But why would anyone want to glorify a painting of a man and a cat or a gal and a Great Dane getting it on? It isn't necessary or intelligent to do.

I well remember the stallion who this guy used for his own bodily pleasure, and it must have been Mother Karma that caused the preasure of it to lay the mans colon wide open and to deaths door he was sent. After that I had a hard time looking at JDB's horse he had as his avitar. This beautiful black stallion. I can laugh now, but just the thought of mankind using beasts for their pleasure that have no reasoning power to decline the invitation just made me madder than hops. It still does.

As to S&M dear Glitch, each to their own as thinking human beings. Preasure points can enhance lovemaking, but it is just the man in silver studded leather with a whip in his hand that would send me running quicker than a Scandi flash. LOL

I can't believe I woke up to read this thread and am actually responding to it! Craaaaaaaaazy :D :eek: :D I must be having a dream, right?

Now I'm wide awake :rolleyes:
Blessings to all, and to all a good night :blowkiss:

KatK said:
Well, some states (Oklahoma) didn't used to let you get a tattoo within their borders, *and* Texas won't let you buy dildos/vibrators for any other purpose than "educational". There are also various counties within the states that forbid the sales of alcohol within their boundaries as well.

I love the thought of dildos and vibrators for educational purposes! Hilarious! Do you think it could help cut down teen pregnancy statistics?

Still, no states don't allow movies that graphically depict murder....and the movie (documentary) we're discussing in this link doesn't graphically portray bestiality.

Well, but I was thinking of the Bible Belt (no offense meant for those who live there, I do too) and I wouldn't put it past them to censor the film based on it's "sinful" content. For Og's sake, Kansas refused to teach evolution for a while there! :blushing: :( (Bill Clinton came down hard on Kansas, and told them that if they kept on not meeting the Federal standards for Science, than they would be ineligible for Federal funding.) They are at it again too, trying to chip away and widen a hole they can slip through. (I'm on the side of Science FTR, and not intelligent design either. I think that what Science teaches is true, but the way it was done was by the Creator, and that part of it we can't grasp. Who said our Maker isnt "THE" scientist after all? ;) ) I also wouldn't put it past states where PETA and the ASPCA are held in high regard to have the film censored, maybe. It might be that I am a bit more jaded than I thought, what with the current climate and the insidious erosion of our civil liberties that has been occuring of late too though.

scandi said:
As to S&M dear Glitch, each to their own as thinking human beings. Preasure points can enhance lovemaking, but it is just the man in silver studded leather with a whip in his hand that would send me running quicker than a Scandi flash. LOL
Please, pause a moment to slip him my number! :crazy:

GlitchWizard said:

Oh yeah, I'll confess - I snickered and snorted !!! :)

KatKay said:
"*and* Texas won't let you buy dildos/vibrators for any other purpose than "educational". :doh:
I can't believe this one !! Why am I always the last to know - sure am glad we didn't get arrested :eek:

GlitchWizard said:
Okay, I'm going to forgive you ahead of time, based on simple, common ignorance of what S&M is all about that you even put it in the same realm as necrophilia or beastiality. Do you know that ANYONE who likes a little pat on the bottom during sex play, or to use scarves to be restrained with, is actually practicing some form of S&M? That's like.... 99% of the sexual population.

S&M is 100% consensual between adults who can consent. Anything else is torture, not S&M.

Absoulutely nothing to do with the dead, animals, children or non consenting adults.

(No longer commenting on above quote, new train of thought...)

While I do not (can not?) say the subject of beastiality could ever be beautiful, I see nothing wrong with someone exploring the information to further their understanding on the subject. Sweeping things under the rug, holding your ears and eyes and saying "la la la la I can't hear you" doesn't solve anything. Society does this all too often, trying to ignore things and hope they go away, rather than learning about them, and perhaps finding ways to combat the issues they feel need combating. (Such as respect for the dead, animal rights, children's safety, etc.)
I don't see anyone holding their eyes and saying "la la la la I can't hear you"---I see alot of people denouncing it, and rightly so. It's disgusting-period. You can say that is sweeping it under the rug, lol, or ignoring it---but I say it's calling it like it is. This may be a learning experience for you, or one that you could "further your understanding", but what is there to understand or learn? That there are sick perverted people who like to abuse animals by having sex with them (UGH) because that's the only way they can their rocks off? Damn, it they're THAT unfortunate, go to certain cities in Nevada where prostitution is legal and pay for it with a being who is the same damn species!

Sorry, but THIS subject matter would fail in an attempt to be a "learning experience" for me---I need something a little more mind-expanding and thought provoking than the thought of creepy people getting aroused by horse dicks or cow vaginas.....or whatever animal they happen to be "into." Gimme something more----something to REALLY get my brain cells going, not just give my gag reflex a workout.:sick: :sick:

julianne said:
I don't see anyone holding their eyes and saying "la la la la I can't hear you"---I see alot of people denouncing it, and rightly so. It's disgusting-period. You can say that is sweeping it under the rug, lol, or ignoring it---but I say it's calling it like it is. This may be a learning experience for you, or one that you could "further your understanding", but what is there to understand or learn? That there are sick perverted people who like to abuse animals by having sex with them (UGH) because that's the only way they can their rocks off? Damn, it they're THAT unfortunate, go to certain cities in Nevada where prostitution is legal and pay for it with a being who is the same damn species!

Sorry, but THIS subject matter would fail in an attempt to be a "learning experience" for me---I need something a little more mind-expanding and thought provoking than the thought of creepy people getting aroused by horse dicks or cow vaginas.....or whatever animal they happen to be "into." Gimme something more----something to REALLY get my brain cells going, not just give my gag reflex a workout.:sick: :sick:
I've always been a "to each his own" kind of person when it comes to people and their *choices*. For me, this issue isn't any different.......HOWEVER.....
I'm sure when they were making this film they knew exactly the kind of reaction it would receive. Maybe they were looking for the shock value.... Also, describing such a act as *Beautiful* is soooo inappropriate.(IMO)

czechmate7 said:
I've always been a "to each his own" kind of person when it comes to people and their *choices*. For me, this issue isn't any different.......HOWEVER.....
I'm sure when they were making this film they knew exactly the kind of reaction it would receive. Maybe they were looking for the shock value.... Also, describing such a act as *Beautiful* is soooo inappropriate.(IMO)
I, too, am very much a "to each his own" person when it comes to people and choices, but this issue IS very different for me, because beastiality is animal abuse---animals cannot consent to this---so this is veerrrry different, and my "to each his own" philosophy ends when it becomes abuse.

I don't doubt that this was made solely to illicit a reaction and to up the shock value. I'm more disgusted than I am shocked. In fact, I'm not shocked at all, just plain grossed out at the depths some go to get the attention they desire. Why not devote their time, energy and financial resources to something with substance? With real potential to add something positive in todays world? It's too damn easy to let the world down than it is to inspire, encourage and motivate the world around us. Sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back