• No she doesn't

Votes: 55 20.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Don't care

Votes: 61 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Appeal is what the word that plays on my mind. I think 'they'll' say she needs an appeal because she had bad counsel. :mad:

IMO, there is no way the Court will interfere with her right to choose her own counsel, at least at this stage.

Re John B., I wasn't all that surprised to hear he's an ex-con. I've known other defence lawyers to hire ex-cons before.....not bad for business (criminals know criminals) and who better than a defence lawyer to give an ex-con a break. I know it sounds odd to many of you, but at least SOME (and i'm not saying necessarily John B.) do deserve a second chance after doing their time.

Other than his bumbling in front of the media, I really don't think he's doing that bad a job....please don't hate me for it. He may have lost some of his Motions, but that's the way it goes...you make the application to cover yourself on appeal. At least where I come from, you can't raise a matter for appeal generally, if you did not take the objection, make the applications etc during the proceedings.

He's gathered a decent panel of experts (I'm not saying i like them all), and thankfully is now getting assistance from more experienced counsel.

So, unless there is some proof that he is doing something improper, and right now it's just allegations, I can't see how he could possibly be removed.

Re the bracelet, imo, not a biggy. IMO, pretty obviously put in there by Cindy and I think she has a lot of gall denying it and getting him in trouble for it. I would bet she has a box of them at home, and JB probably never even saw one til it showed up in the media. His big mistake was trusting Cindy to not try to sneak in any contraband. I myself have in the past checked in clothes for people in jail, and have never thought to double check pockets etc if I trusted the people I got them from. At the end of the day, I think it was Cindy with the intent, not JB.

Please don't hate me, but those are my opinions.

OMG I agree with everything you said ..........:eek:but I do not think it was cindy who put the bracelet in the clothes JB is not as dumb as he acts IMO he knows everyone would blame cindy. If I were in his place I would check everything because you never know what someone will do.What if it were a weapon instead of a rubber band braclet?:waitasec:

It seems as if every day there is some new bombshell that makes us all question the ability and sanity of Jose Baez and the quality of representation he will provide her.

Latest is the Todd Black/Felon story and the speculation that "Todd Black" may be paying for the defense so he has rights to the story.

But there has been the "smuggling of contraband" with the bracelet last week.

Baez' pathetic motion writing skills

Baez' propensity to have the prosecution do all of his work for him.

Inappropriate contact with Casey at the jail.

Bar complaints against Baez.

I don't know much about laws with regard to removing representation against the wishes of a defendant but right now I believe any guilty verdict will be at risk for appeal because of Baez.

I do believe Casey is guilty but I also believe the people who are supposed to be helping her are actually exploiting her for their own gains- financially and noteriety.

She is entitled to capable legal representation and she does not have that right now.

Can the courts remove Baez as her attorney of record and appoint someone else? What are the procedures involved? What is the likelihood this could happen?

And this is just MO, but I have to wonder if Baez will make it through this murder trial and retain his Florida Bar affiliation
I agree with you - Casey needs the services of a reputable and experienced defense attorney to represent her interests. I also agree that she murdered her daughter Caylee in a clearly evil, emotionally detached and deliberate manner. When one considers the preponderence of evidence that exists for Casey to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, as well as the costs involved in investigating and prosecuting this case, it seems to me that it is imperative that Casey receive adequate legal representation - something which she is not currently receiving.

OMG I agree with everything you said ..........:eek:but I do not think it was cindy who put the bracelet in the clothes JB is not as dumb as he acts IMO he knows everyone would blame cindy. If I were in his place I would check everything because you never know what someone will do.What if it were a weapon instead of a rubber band braclet?:waitasec:
For your information, here's a paper I put together regarding that exemplary character defended by Baez as a reputable press agent for Casey Anthony - now known as Gil Calbot (formerly of Los Angeles) aka Todd Black (currently of Orlando).

Blogger's Note: Here's the "down and dirty" on Gil Cabot (formerly of Los Angeles) aka Todd Black (currently of Orlando). Please note that the original of this Nashville Post article can be accessed via http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2006/12/13/singer_chely_wright_sues_nashville_law_firm

POSTSCRIPT added 9:12 a.m., Thursday 14 Dec. 2006: A certain Jeff Willins has posted a comment to this story protesting its mention of the criminal convictions of Gilbert A. Cabot, the California television producer with whom Chely Wright was involved in litigation in which Waller's Paul Davidson was representing her. NashvillePost.com reserves the right to edit or delete comments posted by our readers. In this instance, we have edited the comment to remove assertions of fact about Chely Wright that we cannot confirm at this time. We have not removed the entire comment, which contains assertions about our reporting that we take very seriously. We wish to make a few facts known:

Multiple attempts to reach Mr. Gil Cabot at the only telephone number available for him, in Malibu, were unsuccessful prior to the publication of this story. There was no answer at that number.

The Los Angeles Daily News reported a story headlined "Anchorwoman Extortion Try Gets Talent Agent 5-Year Term" on 18 September 1990." It began: '"A Sunset Strip talent agent was sentenced Monday to five years in state prison for attempting to extort $30,000 from KTLA-TV news anchorwoman Jann Carl by claiming to have a sexually explicit videotape of her."

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Jacqueline Connor imposed the maximum sentence on Gilbert A. Cabot, who was found guilty in July of conspiracy and attempted extortion in connection with a June 10, 1988, meeting with Carl. The article concluded by noting that court records showed Cabot as having been convicted in 1981 of seven felony counts, including grand theft, and sentenced to six years in prison. (News database searches turned up several other accounts of the 1990 case, none with any indication of subsequent error correction.)

Los Angeles County Superior Court records obtained by NashvillePost.com include the following entry:
"Name: CABOT, GILBERT ALFRED/Case Number XSONA032899-01/Charge Code 524 PC/ATTEMPTED EXTORTION/ Guilty/Convicted."

As noted in the comment by Jeff Willins, Gil Cabot discusses aspects of the case that led to his 1990 conviction at his website, GilCabot.com We refer our readers there for further information. . . . end of Nashville Post article.

Blogger's Notes:

In my opinion, the sole purpose of Mr. Cabot’s discussion of his 1990 conviction is to delude the reader into believing that he was innocent of committing any of the numerous felonies for which he was convicted. For anyone still unsure of the “bad boy” status of Gil Cabot aka Todd Black, I refer you to the 2/2/09 article written by Amy L. Edwards for the Orlando Sentinel on this same subject which can be accessed via http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...thony-baez-black-cabot-020209,0,4770083.story

I voted "yes" just because I don't think Baez has enough experience and I am afraid that his lack of experience may cause Casey to either walk or be given many retrials,instead of sticking her away forever as fast as possible.
She is disgusting, all made up, hair in a bun, smiling and laughing when her little girl's bones are in a box.
I wish people would stop sending her money to buy snacks,but on second thought,I hope she eats all you can and gets fat as a pig,cause noone will be looking at her once she is put away!I pray there is more evidence than we have seen.

She should get the Public Defender she deserves because she has no money, imo. Period.

Judge S. demanded that she be there for every hearing for a reason!!
That said, she IS an adult and can fire Baez any time.
She had the "brains" to tell all those lies, she knows what is going on.

IMO

She should get the Public Defender she deserves because she has no money, imo. Period.

JB is being investigated again by the Fla bar for all this stuff about hiring a felon. (Todd B) It may be on NG tonight from what I read on another site.
JB seems to me to not be a very good lawyer. I personally would never hire him, free or not, JB seems to be in this for fame.

:smiliescale::no:

He is doing things backwards...
and this is not the first time so yes he is perfect for Casey....:woohoo:

Someone stated that Cindy said she didn't put the bracelet there. Where did you hear that from? Also, did anyone notice that Baez is no longer wearing his wedding ring? I also agree that KC needs a new lawyer--I see a long appeal process in the works down the road.

I say yes. I shudder at the thought of an appeal because of incompetent representation. I agree with SS, she should have a public defender. All of these "dream team" lawyers and "experts" have dollar signs for eyes.

Folks, I haven't been following this case in depth for very long, so forgive me if this has been addressed - but where is this attorney getting his money?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back