Does Cindy Know that Casey Killed Caylee?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think that CA knows KC killed Caylee?

• Yes

Votes: 403 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Yes, but on a subconscious level

Votes: 105 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There was never anything resembling denial. Only behaviors that could be interpreted as denial. Since Cindy wrote that myspace message on July 3 which pronounces that Caylee is missing and taken away because of spite, she has been rewriting it for our minds. Cindy has known Caylee was gone. Two weeks and then some had gone by. Those two weeks and then some are now painted by Cindy as "bonding time"....and yet, there is that letter. It isn't denial. It is cover up. The post is out there, and so we'll just fiddledeedee it away. Where one would expect a denial to at least reflect acknowledgment of previous emotional turmoil, it is erased as never having happened and never to be discussed, rewritten as a more innocent and sweet event. Even faced with the version that Casey states the child was taken from her, Cindy tells the story of this "kidnapping" with the background of Casey and Caylee going off for bonding. It isn't denial. It is writing a story that ignores the ugly parts and paints everyone in rosy colors.

Caylee is last seen by someone independent of the family at the nursing home. After that, it is the family saying Caylee was with this person or that one, even on the 16th of June. Cindy says they had a normal night and the next morning, Casey and Caylee were in the bedroom "breathing." Why would someone in denial make a statement relevant to breathing or not breathing? Denial doesn't need qualifiers like this. These details, then, are not denial. They are cover up.
George says she gave him a hug and kiss and left with Casey. He gives full details of what they're wearing. He talks of "normal" and fails to mention that he was not home that morning for a time, getting home shortly before noon.(pg. 9) That isn't denial and it isn't forgetfulness. It is cover up.

Denial suggests an element of innocence, and covering up whatever is not anywhere in the neighborhood close to innocence. Cindy was asked on the stand about whether she knew that George had a judgment against him in excess of $12,000. One of two scenarios happened in the seconds before she answered. She either had just heard one more piece of devastating news for the first time, or she already knew it. What she said was "No, I don't know about that." Either way, there is cover up. George has lied to his wife, or Cindy has just lied to a court. There is no other option.

That is all we have gotten since that 911 call (which Cindy dismisses now with these words "Forget about the 911 call, I know what I said. The 911 call doesn't matter." It is not denial. It is cover up. Whether it is covering up for their own past behaviors which would suggest that these people are not the Ward and June Cleaver of Hopespring Drive or whether it is covering up the lies her daughter told, it is not denial. It is lies, more lies, and covering up lies. But the worst part of it all, and where the injustice comes in, is that they cover up the truth. They lie about the truth. They make the truth look worse than improbable. They laugh it off as ridiculous. They create candy floss stories that only they believe will hold up in the rain because that is what they want everyone else to believe, not because they themselves believe in the stories but because they know the truth that they won't. That isn't denial. That isn't protecting their ego's from the harsh light of media. They in fact did this IN the media. They used the very forum they believe caused the "rain" and seeded the clouds with their lies! They feel betrayed because others would dare point out that they lied. The excuse that they are going through unmentionable stress and grief with this situation in fact becomes one of the primary seeds they use. I have said this from the very beginning. There is no room for manipulation in the search for the truth of what happened to Caylee Marie. I will not have my emotions manipulated to feel sorry for people who are deliberately lying in order to cover up the truth.

And as I have said before, they have made their bed, now they can LIE in it.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
OH! I had to bring this forward

Thank you so much for saying what is in my brain. Dam I wished I could put words on paper as you. OMG ----- beautiful--just beautiful.
This is exactly what she has been doing.

As to autism, I agree that they call it "autism spectrum disorder" for a reason: autism covers a BROAD spectrum. Not all people with autism have Asperger's. Anyway, that is a topic that someone mentioned, speculating on LA's demeanor. It's ok to speculate! We KNOW, however, that hey, them Anthony's, they just "aint't right".

Now, here's what I'd love to have show up on Websleuths (incognito of course). They could call themselves "the neighbors". I'd like to hear from the Anthony's neighbors, or anyone who knows them. I'd especially love to hear from the neighbor who took the Anthony's trash, and the ones from whom Cayce borrowed a shovel. Things like that would be eye openers.

Oh that would be wonderful. I want one of the front row seats please.

I do think she knows, however she does not want Casey to be found guilty and be sent to prison. I do not think she has forgiven her for this, I think she wants Casey to come back home and then Cindy wants to see that she is punished every day for what she's done while everyone putts on a happy smile and looks like a perfect family to any outsider. She wants to be in control of it and behind closed doors would see that Casey pays plenty.

VB

WOW! This totally freaked me out. As I read your post I walked right inside their house and was being privy of this scene being played out. I think KC is very deep--dark--evil but I think CA is the Mother ovet.

In public with the memorial, we saw a carefully controlled Cindy. She knew she was on stage. What a contrast her persona is when she is angrily acting out. She does that in public too.

The rubbing of George and Lee in public is nauseating. She wants to look so nurturing, so caring and loving. I doubt she's so sweet to George behind the scenes. It must be humiliating for him.

If Cindy doesn't know or hasn't figured out and accepted the fact that Casey killed Caylee, well...that just can't be. She knows.

LOL Had to bring this forward also. The last few post I have responded to all fits together and you peeps are really seeing what CA is like. WOW

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me. An awesome post. I agree!

How does one hear 'breathing' on the otherside of a closed door? Maybe I would believe loud snoring. Often it is difficult to hear someone breathing even if you are right up close to them. JMO.

When my daughter and grandson lived with me, they slept together when he was two years old. If they had gone to bed and I needed to talk to my daughter, I just opened the door a bit to see if both were asleep. Call me intrusive, but it wasn't a big deal and I did that rather than take a chance that he was ALMOST asleep and I'd ruined it by knocking. I can't say I ever listened or heard either of them breathing on the other side of the door.

Frankly, I screwed up. I said it was June when it was in fact July's epass records. Someone else caught it, too. D'oh!

Well, I didn't catch it. Didn't even know which page 9 to look at!

So, you go ahead and sit there in your rightness and be right because you absolutely nailed what's really going on in your post. I mean, all I could add was graphics. When has that ever happened???

Cindy was so upset that she may have had her identity stolen that she marched downtown to report it right in the middle of the time when her grandchild was missing. Now do you really think that if she thought someone else was responsible for the killing of the best gift she had ever recieved, she would sit back and NOT persue the killer 24/7?

Watch out grieving grandma, :grandma: DEBS got your number!

She has known for a LONG time...I am not sure that Casey did not confess to her-she knew the location somehow to send her PI there.

She has known for a LONG time...I am not sure that Casey did not confess to her-she knew the location somehow to send her PI there.

ITA, She knew and that is why she has "forgiven" Casey and now it is all about loving her "no matter what." You can only forgive someone if they confessed to you. However, I do think that Casey told her it was "an accident" and not intentional. CA always believes the lies of Casey.

MOO - KC will NEVER confess
CA suspected all along when she couldn't get any info from KC + she can't deny all the evidence . . .

ITA, She knew and that is why she has "forgiven" Casey and now it is all about loving her "no matter what." You can only forgive someone if they confessed to you. However, I do think that Casey told her it was "an accident" and not intentional. CA always believes the lies of Casey.

I'm not saying the accident scenarios are right or wrong, but here are my problems with it.
If Cindy thought Caylee's death was accidental, why isn't she doing anything about it? Negligence, even with an OD of medication being given to knock a child out is better than cold-blooded deliberate murder. G&C seem to dislike and distrust Baez, so why aren't they trying to get him removed from the case? No one has come up with a singular shred of credible evidence anything approaching a nanny existed, yet they steadfastly stick to this story. I haven't heard anything from any family member, to the press or what has been released of their interviews with LE, even subtly hinting at an accident defense.
IDK, it just seems to make no more sense than most of this case.
Lanie

I'm not saying the accident scenarios are right or wrong, but here are my problems with it.
If Cindy thought Caylee's death was accidental, why isn't she doing anything about it? Negligence, even with an OD of medication being given to knock a child out is better than cold-blooded deliberate murder. G&C seem to dislike and distrust Baez, so why aren't they trying to get him removed from the case? No one has come up with a singular shred of credible evidence anything approaching a nanny existed, yet they steadfastly stick to this story. I haven't heard anything from any family member, to the press or what has been released of their interviews with LE, even subtly hinting at an accident defense.
IDK, it just seems to make no more sense than most of this case.
Lanie

The Anthonys have no authority to remove JB from Casey's case. They have no say in her defense. However, we have to take Cindy at her word, and she does not say Caylee died of an accident. She says Casey is innocent. These are two very different statements. One would think if an accident theory was going to be floated, the defense would want her parents on board with that. But her defense says she is innocent, as well. So what gives? This new attorney....I wonder if his job is to create a smoke screen, to get the State to do extra work for them in order to demand it through discovery, thus saving them the dollars in having to perform their own tests. It isn't that farfetched to me, since JB seems reluctant to actually spend any of this mysterious money on actual investigation.

The Anthonys have no authority to remove JB from Casey's case. They have no say in her defense. However, we have to take Cindy at her word, and she does not say Caylee died of an accident. She says Casey is innocent. These are two very different statements. One would think if an accident theory was going to be floated, the defense would want her parents on board with that. But her defense says she is innocent, as well. So what gives? This new attorney....I wonder if his job is to create a smoke screen, to get the State to do extra work for them in order to demand it through discovery, thus saving them the dollars in having to perform their own tests. It isn't that farfetched to me, since JB seems reluctant to actually spend any of this mysterious money on actual investigation.

I realize Casey is an adult, so they don't have a parental right, but as has recently come out about the prosecutors wanting an investigation about how Baez is being paid, there are, IMO, grounds for dismissal due to unethical behavior if (and please understand, my whole posting is pointing out my issues about any kind of accidental death having been claimed by anybody) Casey has claimed Caylee died by accident and her attorney is selling a kidnapping defense when the perpertrators have still, after all this time, not even been proven to exist as real people.
Wow, that was a long sentence.
My point of all this is none of the major players in this case have ever ever ever brought up an accident that has made it into any of the documents, depositions, etc. After 9 months, if they aren't even speculating on it, it makes me wonder why we are. If Casey convinced Cindy Caylee's death was some kind of accident, by what I have seen of Cindy's personality, she would be holding press conferences about how it, and would be burning up every phone line available trying to get Baez disbarred for misrepresenting her precious daughter. I see nothing like that.
Lanie

I realize Casey is an adult, so they don't have a parental right, but as has recently come out about the prosecutors wanting an investigation about how Baez is being paid, there are, IMO, grounds for dismissal due to unethical behavior if (and please understand, my whole posting is pointing out my issues about any kind of accidental death having been claimed by anybody) Casey has claimed Caylee died by accident and her attorney is selling a kidnapping defense when the perpertrators have still, after all this time, not even been proven to exist as real people.
Wow, that was a long sentence.
My point of all this is none of the major players in this case have ever ever ever brought up an accident that has made it into any of the documents, depositions, etc. After 9 months, if they aren't even speculating on it, it makes me wonder why we are. If Casey convinced Cindy Caylee's death was some kind of accident, by what I have seen of Cindy's personality, she would be holding press conferences about how it, and would be burning up every phone line available trying to get Baez disbarred for misrepresenting her precious daughter. I see nothing like that.
Lanie

The only reason I can see why there is discussion here about an accident is the newly acquired lawyer from CA whose specialty is accident reconstruction litigation. So far, it is merely an academic exercise. However, as I stated before, hiring the guy could cause the state to at least look into the possibility of an accident theory, which COULD throw a bone to the defense in discovery to say "See? Even you thought it could be an accident, therefore she can't be guilty of murder!"

Cindy has not mentioned an accident as near as I can tell.

New here, but figured this was as good a place to jump in as any.

IMO CA and GA have known since they picked up the vehicle that Caylee was dead and that KC was responsible.

IF CA thought nothing had happened to Caylee why would she have called 911? As a grandparent, she has no legal right to force her adult daughter to produce her grandchild. As controlling as she appears to be, if she thought this possible - one would think she would have done it much sooner than 31 days later. I think it was the smell of the vehicle and finding KC sans Caylee, hiding in Orlando, instead of up in Jax, where she said she was, that forced the issue. Thank goodness KC wasn't smart enough to just keep quiet and tell the police, look the kid is fine she's with her nanny - mom and I had a big blow out that got physical and I can't trust her around my daughter, yadda, yadda, yadda.......

If they thought she was innocent, why would CA clean out the vehicle, wash the clothes, give LE a different hairbrush? And why would GA let her? He was former LE and a homicide detective to boot - the actions described above can't be explained away as to not knowing any better or just doing what a parent normally does.....not with their career backgrounds. Which also brings up the point that human decomp has a certain smell that you never, ever forget. It is almost impossible to describe, but it is unique. In no way does it smell like a pizza or rotting food. They both would have recognized it, esp GA. GA even said to LE something to the effect of that if Caylee was dead to give him a heads up because that news would kill his wife.

In the very beginning they seemed to be forthcoming with LE - CA even said she thought Zani was code for someone else, but didn't know who.....fast forward after she's arrested and after CA has some time to digest what her 911 call and the subsequent investigation has wrought and she starts talking about rotting food and such and starts backing away from things she and GA initially said to LE. Then they start badmouthing LE.

IMO I believe they knew from the beginning, but cling to the hope that it was unintentional.

I don't believe Cindy knows. Given Cindy's typical behavior, she would have gone ballistic, shouted it from the rooftops and probably tried to kill KC herself! Cindy doesn't seem to mince words when she has something to say. There's nothing mealy-mouthed or timid about her.

~Jai Yen

I'm not so sure that CA knew about it before the jail house interview with GA and CA. Because, in those moments, KC is getting angry and totally "frushtrated" at the parents: not catching onto, or "grasping" her KC code; that being, she wants to tell them what really happened to Caylee--translation, that she did it. Remember she specifically states that she wants to meet with GA, not CA to talk with him, IMO: give the news?

BTW, did that private meeting with GA ever take place?

I'm not so sure that CA knew about it before the jail house interview with GA and CA. Because, in those moments, KC is getting angry and totally "frushtrated" at the parents: not catching onto, or "grasping" her KC code; that being, she wants to tell them what really happened to Caylee--translation, that she did it. Remember she specifically states that she wants to meet with GA, not CA to talk with him, IMO: give the news?

BTW, did that private meeting with GA ever take place?

I don't believe so....LE definately brought GA to her, because they made an audio recording of GA in the car ride to the jail. But, when they got there, I believe JB was there and GA waited her out-He might have gotten in later, but I don't think he did...

CA does think KC killed Caylee....She says to Sgt. Allen on his VM (I had this wrong on another thread, I thought she said this in the "anonymous" phone message for YM):

"Casey had to have had help no matter what you think the scenario might be, so there are people that know information...."

KC had to have had help doing what? Handing Caylee over to a kidnapper? Doesn't make sense....
Covering up an accident? Maybe, but if it were an accident, why is CA imploring the police to go around the KC part (because KC's predicament is secondary) and find Caylee?
Maybe CA means KC had to have help selling Caylee? That might be the only plausible idea, other than that KC killed Caylee (premeditatively or not). But CA never mentions human trafficking or a money trail. She mentions what she thinks is ZFG's apartment. Circles, she goes in circles. She knew.

I don't believe so....LE definately brought GA to her, because they made an audio recording of GA in the car ride to the jail. But, when they got there, I believe JB was there and GA waited her out-He might have gotten in later, but I don't think he did...

CA does think KC killed Caylee....She says to Sgt. Allen on his VM (I had this wrong on another thread, I thought she said this in the "anonymous" phone message for YM):

"Casey had to have had help no matter what you think the scenario might be, so there are people that know information...."

KC had to have had help doing what? Handing Caylee over to a kidnapper? Doesn't make sense....
Covering up an accident? Maybe, but if it were an accident, why is CA imploring the police to go around the KC part (because KC's predicament is secondary) and find Caylee?
Maybe CA means KC had to have help selling Caylee? That might be the only plausible idea, other than that KC killed Caylee (premeditatively or not). But CA never mentions human trafficking or a money trail. She mentions what she thinks is ZFG's apartment. Circles, she goes in circles. She knew.

The "Casey had to have help" statement has always baffled me--- we know that CA was constantly trying to remove focus off of Casey and onto someone else (anyone else!)--but that statement "Casey had to have help" inexplicably INCLUDES Casey. Was CA thinking if she said that --they'd "reduce" interest in only Casey?

More and more I have reached the conclusion that CA verbalizes every single thing that pops into her head. Most of us have the capacity to just quietly think things, consider them and then choose what to say --CA, on the other hand, speaks every single thought in her head. Casey is a lot the same way. There certainly could not have been any dead air in that house.

I voted she knew "subliminally". CA operates 100% in her fantasy world---I wonder if she has made any strides into reality lately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73
Back