Does Misty really not know what happened? *POLL ADDED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Does Misty know what happened to Haleigh?

• Yes, she is still lying

Votes: 203 67.7%
  • No, she was passed out

Votes: 40 13.3%
  • No, she was too high on drugs to remember

Votes: 28 9.3%
  • No, she wasn't home

Votes: 29 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys discussing that maybe she was so high that she doesn't remember what happened?

Being an old "flower child" and knowing many people who used drugs heavily back in the day, I have never heard of someone who "forgot" because they were on drugs. I have heard of people who black out on alcohol, but aren't they usually long time alcoholics? I'm not sure on that one.

I do not believe she was blacked out. The drugs that we have reason to believe she was using do not result in black outs. By the term "black out", I mean, having been awake but with no memory.

I think it is very possible she could have been passed out so cold that somebody could have come in the bedroom and snatched Haleigh and she would not have woken up. If she had been on a 3 day binge, she needed sleep. The reason you wouldn't want somebody watching kids who had been on a three day binge is they wouldn't be as alert and they might not wake up even if smoke alarms went off.

OK! I just had a thought... about how Tommy could be involved in this... and it is JUST A THOUGHT! Could Misty have, at some time before RC went to work have been drugged? RC calling Tommy to go check on Misty sounds like MAYBE he needed to know if she was "out" before he entered the home. If he did leave work that night? Can't say why he would want to harm Haleigh... I really don't believe in my heart that he did BUT... he was having major problems with her and her attendance at school. If he really was "shooting up" as Misty relayed... did he just get rid of her so that he wouldn't have to answer to the school and CRS and Crystal anymore? I know it makes no sense but if he was deep into drugs would his thinking even be logical? WOW! I am more confused now than ever! Even the date 2/9/2009 seems almost planned. MOO!

I don't think Ron harmed his child.

He would still be under the same custody rules and guidelines with him having Jr. so why wouldn't he have it appear that someone came into his home and stoled his children?:waitasec: By both being taken it would look more like a custody battle issue instead of a true abduction or kidnapping of his one child.

IMO

I do not believe she was blacked out. The drugs that we have reason to believe she was using do not result in black outs. By the term "black out", I mean, having been awake but with no memory.

I think it is very possible she could have been passed out so cold that somebody could have come in the bedroom and snatched Haleigh and she would not have woken up. If she had been on a 3 day binge, she needed sleep. The reason you wouldn't want somebody watching kids who had been on a three day binge is they wouldn't be as alert and they might not wake up even if smoke alarms went off.

I cant remember exactly where I read it but I thought I read something about where Misty would laydown with Ron since he had different sleeping hours than she did because of the way he worked. Did she lay down with him the day Haliegh went missing?

TIA

IMO

Whenever a discussion focuses on Misty's actions that night, I keep remembering that LE said something like "the things that Misty said happened in the mh that night could not have happened." LE must have a reason for believing that Misty wasn't there the entire time.

More recently, there has been the suggestion from LE that HaLeigh may have died in the vicinity of Shell Harbor. I go up & down and back & forth about where Misty was that night and whether or not the children were with her. If the party was happening at another location, then Misty might have taken HaLeigh and Junior with her, put them to bed there - perhaps with a little "something" to help them sleep - and whatever happened to HaLeigh was there and not in the mh. jmo

Are you guys discussing that maybe she was so high that she doesn't remember what happened?

Being an old "flower child" and knowing many people who used drugs heavily back in the day, I have never heard of someone who "forgot" because they were on drugs. I have heard of people who black out on alcohol, but aren't they usually long time alcoholics? I'm not sure on that one.

I honestly don't know about today's drugs. I'm still going to have to see some strong evidence before I'm going to believe she blacked out for whatever reason.

Google blackout xanax. I have a family member that this just happened to. They took two xanax for an anxiety attack and blacked out and lost 6 hrs.

I could be hearing things, but in this interview, at about 1:37, Art asks,

Art: So she was doing cocaine that night?
WBG:Yeah, yeah, needles and all kinds of $hit.
Art: Say what again?
WBG: Shooting pills and all kinds of . . ..

The last three lines are between 1:43 and 1:50.

Ir would be surprising if these people didn't uses needles, at least at times, because it is a much more efficient means of getting the drug into the brain.

It's the cocaine that would have kept the binge going, not the Roxies. There is no such thing as a three day Roxie binge, unless you'd consider three days of being high and sleeping a lot a binge.

You pose a very good arguement Cowdaddy. I appreciate that always. :)

I am not sure that I can trust what WBG relates to AH about MC's activities. For one reason---he was being looked at hard right before that interview. For another---he, himself, has multiple arrests for drug activity. JMHO.

As for the drugs MC might possibly have been abusing prior to Haleigh's homicide, I've only heard her admit to using "pills" (and she stated she hadn't used pills until after she had met RC on tape 2 of her tapes released so far IIRC) She never directly says she used "Roxies" but she is talking with her Dad about how bad they are for people's lives. JMHO.

(If we believe what MC says, personally I don't at this point. The shooting up would have been a major leap for someone that had just started using pills a several months prior). JMHO.

So I'm caught in a position where I either have to chose to trust and believe WBG and or Misty. I can't do that :) JMHO

I can't say with certainty what drug use was happening. I have to think that given that Roxie's were discussed and then the arrest for drugs later on give us a clue as to what drugs she might have been using at the time. JMHO

I won't argue with you about your opinions and theories. I respect them. :) I just wanted to clarify why I was having a problem with the drugs causing a black out. Until we get good info I have to go with Occums Razor. The last person to self-admittedly and by all other means we currently know to see a child alive is more than likely directly responsible for the death of that child.

Now the Coverup is a whole 'nother ballpark JMHO.

True Dr. Fessel. Zanax can make you forgetful even in a small dose; and IIRC zanax was one of the drugs that they abused.
On the shooting up bit; I had a former best friend that graduated from smoking pot into shooting up cocaine and oxys. She would seem awake, but would nod off all the time; this is one way we discovered what she was doing. She had reasons for everything; reasons to cover up her new found habit. Something else I learned is that oxycontin changes the structure of your mind. I truly believe this; I've seen the destruction it can cause.
On the first interviews misty looks like death warmed over. Actually her and ron look a hot mess! Moo

Misty could have left the kids alone to go find drugs. Whatever happened, happened while Misty was out of the MH, and she returned home to find Haleigh gone.

-OR-

Misty was there and knows what happened to Haleigh; she may even be responsible for what happened.

For me, the latter seems more plausible now. For a long time, I thought Misty might not have been home at some point that night, but was too afraid of RC to admit that. However, by now she would have admitted it, IMO, if that's all she is holding back. So, I have to say I believe Misty was there and knows what happened.

In this interview with WBG, he said Misty told him Ron was physically abusing her so the beatings Misty received from Ron would deplete her energy and wear her down too. Misty was passed out for about 5 hours, from 10 - 3 am, which explains why only Jr heard the intruder walking inside the trailer. The perp didn't make any unusual or loud noises to awaken Misty and Jr didn't arouse Misty or scream when he saw a person in black enter the room and go directly for HaLeigh so I believe Misty didn't hear anything at all. Jr wasn't able to do anything at the time to save his sissie and the perp concealed their identify from both Misty and Jr because they know him IMO. I think Ron is a tortured soul who didn't share his dark side with Misty so she is clueless about what is going on inside his head. Ron has no respect for others and he can easily con Misty into believing or doing anything he wants. I suspect Ron lied to Misty when he told her he didn't come home and take HaLeigh. Ron must love the Croslin's for pointing the finger at JO.

If Misty had "crashed" earlier to the point where something happened with Haleigh and she knew nothing of it, would she have been as lucid as she seemed on the 911 call? Just asking since I have very little knowledge of drug crashes
I am wondering the same thing also. I would think she wouldn't be able to get up and be alert, let alone for any length of time such as initially being questioned by LE. And I would also think it would be very apparent to LE she had been using a large quantity of drugs if indeed she "crashed" that night. MOO

I honestly don't know about today's drugs. I'm still going to have to see some strong evidence before I'm going to believe she blacked out for whatever reason.

BBM: I don't know, but, I wasn't a long time user of alcohol. I would party the odd night. When I drank, I just didn't stop until I am ready for bed.
Thats happened to me on my first "drunk" also.
Needless to say, I do not drink anymore.

In this interview with WBG, he said Misty told him Ron was physically abusing her so the beatings Misty received from Ron would deplete her energy and wear her down too. Misty was passed out for about 5 hours, from 10 - 3 am, which explains why only Jr heard the intruder walking inside the trailer. The perp didn't make any unusual or loud noises to awaken Misty and Jr didn't arouse Misty or scream when he saw a person in black enter the room and go directly for HaLeigh so I believe Misty didn't hear anything at all. Jr wasn't able to do anything at the time to save his sissie and the perp concealed their identify from both Misty and Jr because they know him IMO. I think Ron is a tortured soul who didn't share his dark side with Misty so she is clueless about what is going on inside his head. Ron has no respect for others and he can easily con Misty into believing or doing anything he wants. I suspect Ron lied to Misty when he told her he didn't come home and take HaLeigh. Ron must love the Croslin's for pointing the finger at JO.

BBM

I never thought about that scenario, Bluesky. Ron could've also been the one to turn the kitchen light on. I found it odd that someone would break-in and turn the kitchen light on..It didn't make any sense. But it would if Ron was the one who turned the light on. Then we have Hank Sr saying he heard Ron snuck out of work that night. Maybe he did. If Misty was actually passed out maybe she didn't realize Ron had come home..just thinking out loud now. LOL

I hope I'm not off topic but I believe hydrocodone users get very hyper, and a side affect is insomnia. They do try to lay down, and are right back up again - if they didn't take a sleeping pill(s), they're not done yet. Their nose is usually red and looks "swollen" because they are always rubbing it. Even though Misty looked like and probably had been crying after her arrest, she looked just like someone on hydrocodones.
moo, based on what I've seen..

I posted earlier in the thread before the poll was added. I voted for Misty not being at home as a possible explanation for her not knowing what happened to HaLeigh.

Regarding a drug "blackout": I think there are nurses who post here, so maybe they can provide some insight into this phenomenon. I've never passed out from drinking or drugs, so I don't know what it would be like. I have fainted several times in my life and know that the lack of consciousness for even a brief period of time is scary. I also wonder if a booze and/or drug blackout would be similar to surgical anesthesia whether it's general or short-term "forgetting medicine", and the patient remembers nothing of the procedure. Thanks, anyone, who can enlighten us about the affects of alcohol and/or drug-induced blackouts.

I don't post too much on here but, here goes.Feel free to throw things at me later.I have taken ambien in the past for insomnia it's a sleeping pill with some weird side effects.I would get out of bed and cook big dinners complete with cake and not remember.One time that sticks out in my mind is waking up to a spotless house and accusing everyone around of hiding my things.(loved that my house was clean)Doctors give out pills for everything these days so maybe it's possible she popped a sleeping pill and crashed.I have thought from day one she was very confused and being manipulated by RC side.

Forgot to say I could sleep through a hurricane on the ambien.I would only sleep like four hours though then be wide awake.10 or 11 to 3 am was my usual routine.

I keep going back n forth on whether she knows or not. I am a recovering Xanax/ (or insert any Benzo here) addict/binger. I have abused opiate pills vicodin, oxycodone etc.... In my experience the pain pills never made me blackout. I remembered everything. The Xanax etc... all I can say is WOW! SCARY! I would binge really really bad. I would get my Rx (i did legitimally need them for a debilitating anxiety disorder) and I'd take a little handful. Next thing I know it' s like 4-5 days later and I don't know WTH happened or what I DID!! It's like a jigsaw puzzle. you remember pieces but there's big chunks of memory loss. It is SCARY! ANYWAY.... if she were using Benzos I could totally believe that she has no clue whatsoever what happened. I don't think we've heard anything about her having or using them. Mostly the opiates. I'm not saying it isn't possible to not know when its opiates... Prescription drugs. esp narcotics and benzos affect everone differently. Ok I'm texting all this from cell so that was long! My opinion is just that.

If Misty had "crashed" earlier to the point where something happened with Haleigh and she knew nothing of it, would she have been as lucid as she seemed on the 911 call? Just asking since I have very little knowledge of drug crashes

Yes, she definitely could have been very lucid. It might be a bit like if you had stayed up one night, all night. The next morning you don't feel yourself at all, but you are not incoherent. Let's say you sleep an hour and something wakes you up--you still wouldn't be incoherent, at least not a few seconds after waking up.

Keep in mind that the drugs Misty prefers don't result in incoherence like the incoherence that results from the use of alcohol and other sedatives. She could have even been on drugs when she made that 911 call. I am all but 100% certain that I've seen videos of Misty and Ron when they were very high on opiates, but the responses to questions are appropriate and their behaviors are within normal ranges. (Pinpoint pupils and very slightly slowed speech are two signs of a high level of opiate intoxication.)

I think it is very possible that Misty could have crashed, not woken up if somebody came in and took Haleigh, woken up at 3am more or less spontaneously or to go to the bathroom, and talked coherently on the phone with 911. Because it's possible doesn't mean this is what happened, but it is definitely very possible.

(By the way, oxycodone, Oxycontin, Roxies--they're all the same thing, just different formats and brand names.)

The other thing that makes me lean toward her knowing and being responsible for Haleigh's demise is she hasn't ever shown any true remorse or even cared about the whole situation. Even if drugs and/or being passed out from them were true.one would think she'd feel so incredibly bad and guilty that she would've admitted to that atleast! If she did it would've been a whole lot easier than making up story after story. Then again she must not be normal. Just like w/ Casey Anthony. We can't understand why they act the way they do. Different persons than caring compassionate ppeople.

newsaddict, I am right there with you.I have legitimate reasons for taking the pills as well.Unfortuanately, I did not have the ability to take them the right way.I don't think I have ever admitted this out loud.Benzos are truly scary cause some to have memory lapses and less judgement of unsafe situations.I am not saying she was on anything that night.I just think with the amount of drugs that go around these days a lot are prescription drugs.The sad part is since the doc gives these people often think they're safe, and well you know they just aren't.When I was in high school the cool thing was drinking beer now it's popping mommy and daddy's pills at parties.OH WOW, I'm ranting here.I'll get to the point if you read some online articles the two most abused drugs are opiates and benzos and often are used together.I am clean now and on the other side of this, I work in the medical field.I see all too often these drugs being abused.I want to also thank you for sharing your addiction with me and good luck with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei