Does Skyline school bear any responsibility?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM.. Sickening isn't it..

Bern.. IF she is responsible I suspect she took him somewhere and the incident didn't happen in the truck.. I also suspect she may have taken him out in the wilderness somewhere and just left him IF she didn't initially kill him...Could be pings on Sauvie are just a Red Herring too..After following Haleighs case for the last 17 months I have learned alot about pings and RED HERRINGS....JMO

BBM
I have thought about this many many times. Perhaps the cell phone was out joy riding.

I'm just curious -- is the school taking any accountibility for this? I know the focus needs to remain on finding Kyron right now, but as a mother, I would be furious if this happened in my childs school. We've heard nothing from Skyline in regards to being apologetic or anything. What really bothers me is that he was seen at the school that morning. He was with his class. Then, suddenly he's gone and not only does the teacher say "don't worry about it", but they just let it go ALL DAY! It blows my mind that a child could be in class in the morning and when it's noticed he's not there anymore, NOBODY BATS AN EYE! If I were a parent at this school, I'd be demanding answers and probably pulling my child from Skyline. Like I said, the focus needs to remain on Kyron, but if a young child can go missing without a trace from within his own school and go unreported, the school NEEDS to be held responsible.

ETA: Just think if it were a parent who noticed their child missing and didn't say anything . . . . we're talking child neglect, at the least!

I'm just curious -- is the school taking any accountibility for this? I know the focus needs to remain on finding Kyron right now, but as a mother, I would be furious if this happened in my childs school. We've heard nothing from Skyline in regards to being apologetic or anything. What really bothers me is that he was seen at the school that morning. He was with his class. Then, suddenly he's gone and not only does the teacher say "don't worry about it", but they just let it go ALL DAY! It blows my mind that a child could be in class in the morning and when it's noticed he's not there anymore, NOBODY BATS AN EYE! If I were a parent at this school, I'd be demanding answers and probably pulling my child from Skyline. Like I said, the focus needs to remain on Kyron, but if a young child can go missing without a trace from within his own school and go unreported, the school NEEDS to be held responsible.

ETA: Just think if it were a parent who noticed their child missing and didn't say anything . . . . we're talking child neglect, at the least!

Lawyers. And it's a criminal investigation.

If Terri did say the thing about the doctor's appt, what responsibility would the school have?

Any school would take a parent's word for it, wouldn't they?

I agree. I would be irate. The only way this makes sense is if Terri did in fact tell the teacher she was taking him out of school for an appt. THAT DAY.

The photo has a few safty issues.

The desk in the hallwall is directly under metal pipes which some kids would think fun to hung on if they stand on the desk.
The trash can is on rollers next to a set of stairs. Kids could shove it down onto other kids or even kust fall into it. And it is on rollers! I hope it is accounted for and all other roller type things this school has in its inventory.
The chair hanging over the desk which faces the opening part of the door which could be pull down accidently as the door opens and closes.
The plastic bag hanging off the cart.

I often hear "you think of every possible thing that could go wrong. " from my not always safty concerned kids.

I looked at the trash can set up and why is the extra bag hanging off the side if the trash can is on rollers so they roll it to take out the trash. If they pull the bag there why have it on rollers. And if they dont most have a bigger trash bin they push arround until it is all collected and bags are hung on that cart. It may just be a however this person does things but it is odd and doesnt make sence.

The bags are there so he doesn't have to go to a supply room to keep getting bags, IMO

Kyron was with his step mother touring the exhibits. Terri told teacher he had a Dr. appt. Kyron never made it to class, was never outside the care of his step mother. Why should they be responsible? And remember, LE knows what Terri said to teachers. what witnesses at the school saw, etc. and they have not said one word about the school being responsible. That says volumes, in my opinion.

Kyron was with his step mother touring the exhibits. Terri told teacher he had a Dr. appt. Kyron never made it to class, was never outside the care of his step mother. Why should they be responsible? And remember, LE knows what Terri said to teachers. what witnesses at the school saw, etc. and they have not said one word about the school being responsible. That says volumes, in my opinion.

Agreed, Gwenabob. Now, had Kyron been lured out of the school by someone other than Terri, and she wasn't invlved, then, yes, I can see the school fully responsible. At worst, this incident just brought to light their lack of policy/procedure regarding absenteeism notification to the parents. However, I do believe she had told him to either meet outside to 'get something he ''forgot'' out of the truck' or that she was taking him somewhere for a surprise, or whatever other 'lure' she used.

Wow, so hard to keep up with all these different threads. When was it determined as fact that Terri told the teacher about a Dr.s appt. that day? Guess I'm tired but can't find it anywhere. TIA

Kyron was with his step mother touring the exhibits. Terri told teacher he had a Dr. appt.

I thought this was a rumor about the app.? Had they had a sign in and out policy we would know who he left with. Or at the least Kaine and Desiree would have known sooner that 6 hours later that he wasn't there.

Kyron never made it to class, was never outside the care of his step mother. Why should they be responsible?

I think the fact that there were no calls home when children were absent is negligent. They have implemented it now, but too late to help Kyron.

And remember, LE knows what Terri said to teachers. what witnesses at the school saw, etc. and they have not said one word about the school being responsible. That says volumes, in my opinion.

What about the fact they didn't use the sign in procedure for guests that day.? This may very well had not happened had they had some type of accountability in place for people coming and going.

If this turns out to be SM they may very well get off the hook, but this very well could have been a child predator. Either way they had a da#n worthless attendance policy. And when they needed security the most they tossed it to the wind. I find that negligent, not knowing who is coming and going from the school and add to that no security cameras.

Sadly it looks like Kyron has paid the price. If I were the parent, well let's just say I would be making more noise.

Originally Posted by Soulmagent
The photo has a few safty issues.

The desk in the hallwall is directly under metal pipes which some kids would think fun to hung on if they stand on the desk.
The trash can is on rollers next to a set of stairs. Kids could shove it down onto other kids or even kust fall into it. And it is on rollers! I hope it is accounted for and all other roller type things this school has in its inventory.
The chair hanging over the desk which faces the opening part of the door which could be pull down accidently as the door opens and closes.
The plastic bag hanging off the cart.

I often hear "you think of every possible thing that could go wrong. " from my not always safty concerned kids.

I looked at the trash can set up and why is the extra bag hanging off the side if the trash can is on rollers so they roll it to take out the trash. If they pull the bag there why have it on rollers. And if they dont most have a bigger trash bin they push arround until it is all collected and bags are hung on that cart. It may just be a however this person does things but it is odd and doesnt make sence.

The bags are there so he doesn't have to go to a supply room to keep getting bags, IMO

When I looked at the picture, it looked to be taken at the end of a school day and got the impression we saw the janitor in the middle of his cleaning routine.

I doubt the wheeled garbage can was left behind during the school day. I have seen people in janitorial maintenance positions and its common to see the trash bags in the side of the can (for replacements). I have also seen others put a bunch of unused trash liners at the bottom of the can. When one bag is full, they remove it and then get a fresh bag from the bottom of the can. However, considering the size of some of the cans, I can see the unattraction in stooping down into the can for a fresh liner, thus draping them over the side.

The chair may well be on the desk strictly for mopping purposes, and then set back on the floor once dried.

What about the fact they didn't use the sign in procedure for guests that day.? This may very well had not happened had they had some type of accountability in place for people coming and going.

If this turns out to be SM they may very well get off the hook, but this very well could have been a child predator. Either way they had a da#n worthless attendance policy. And when they needed security the most they tossed it to the wind. I find that negligent, not knowing who is coming and going from the school and add to that no security cameras.

Sadly it looks like Kyron has paid the price. If I were the parent, well let's just say I would be making more noise.

::: snipped by me due to length :::

Taking into account special functions at our school, it is easy to see why these events/functions don't require the traditional sign-in, sign-out procedures. Can you imagine trying to track hundreds of visitor passes? The congestion of all those people reporting to the office to log in and out on an attendance sheet?

When our school hosted the kindergarten graduation, visitors were directed to the gym, which the entry isn't far from the school's main entrance. Some students from higher grades were handing out the programs.

Most of the other special events at our school are held in the evenings and open to the public. Some classrooms will be open and others arent. Personally, I think this is a better approach. That way no one is accountable for tracking students with the additional traffic in the school.

Even with proper sign in and sign out procedures, it doesn't mean the parent will follow the rules, unfortunately. Terri had plenty of time to get to know the school's routine and how these things were handled. Plus if Kyron was leaving with her, they still would not question it, as she had the authority to leave the school with him.

The other thing I would recommend for skyline is if they can't do this during evening hours, then set up the displays in the gym or a large room to minimize hallway traffic and confusion.

BBM.. Sickening isn't it..

Bern.. IF she is responsible I suspect she took him somewhere and the incident didn't happen in the truck.. I also suspect she may have taken him out in the wilderness somewhere and just left him IF she didn't initially kill him...Could be pings on Sauvie are just a Red Herring too..
After following Haleighs case for the last 17 months I have learned alot about pings and RED HERRINGS....JMO

BBM. I posted about a theory of this nature on 6/25. It was difficult to make that observation, but it had been on my brain for a few days, and I just had to put it into writing. TMH might not have had the guts to actually "off" Kyron, but she knew that he couldn't see and that he was allergic to bees, so leaving him alone in the woods (that made him fearful) without his glasses was the best way to get rid of the child without actually killing him.

It makes me feel like :puke: to type this again, but I think it's a distinct possibility knowing what we have seen recently of this woman. At the initial press conference, TMH tried to hide herself into her husband, and when she dodged the reporter last night, she tried to hide behind whoever that blonde woman was. I hope Terri knows that she can't hide forever and that the truth is eventually going to be known whether she tells it or not. jmo

Aerial views of the school:

School2.jpg

School3.jpg

School4.jpg

School1.jpg

Based on the janitor photo, I believe Kyron's classroom is on the second floor under the #1. There is an exit door directly at the bottom of the staircase in the photo, which leads to the soccer fields and is really not close to a parking lot. I believe this is the door that is unsecured, but not positive.

Gwenabob, if i may ask regarding aerial shot #2:

I can see the access road leading away from the steps that lead to the classroom door. At one end of the road, it looks to fork/dead end. The road on the left looks to run along the front of the school, parallell with the main road. Does the road also fork to the right? If so, where does it lead? It looks to fork/turn right after the baseball diamond? I hope I asked this clear enough for you to understand. Thanks! :)

Gwenabob, if i may ask regarding aerial shot #2:

I can see the access road leading away from the steps that lead to the classroom door. At one end of the road, it looks to fork/dead end. The road on the left looks to run along the front of the school, parallell with the main road. Does the road also fork to the right? If so, where does it lead? It looks to fork/turn right after the baseball diamond? I hope I asked this clear enough for you to understand. Thanks! :)

These aerial photos are outdated. There is an asphalt "ring" paved around the soccer field now, whereas in the aerial photos, it looks like dirt, and the "ring" is less oval than it is now.

The access road goes along the front of the school, then there is a chain across the road that can be undone to allow vehicle access--probably for lawn maintenance on the field, etc. Where the access road ends, is where the asphalt paved ring around the field is.

Skyline Blvd goes straight, even though the access road curves up toward the soccer field. You can see up close pictures of the access road and Skyline Blvd here:

http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/gwenabob/Skyline School/

I hope I answered your questions. Let me know if I didn't get what you were asking and I will try again.

These aerial photos are outdated. There is an asphalt "ring" paved around the soccer field now, whereas in the aerial photos, it looks like dirt, and the "ring" is less oval than it is now.

The access road goes along the front of the school, then there is a chain across the road that can be undone to allow vehicle access--probably for lawn maintenance on the field, etc. Where the access road ends, is where the asphalt paved ring around the field is.

Skyline Blvd goes straight, even though the access road curves up toward the soccer field. You can see up close pictures of the access road and Skyline Blvd here:

http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/gwenabob/Skyline School/

I hope I answered your questions. Let me know if I didn't get what you were asking and I will try again.

Ok, I think I've got it. So basically, the only way out is to take that road and when it ends, you go left, which parallells the main road (is it Skyline Blvd?) And anyone can unlink the chain to get through, right?

Oh, and 'the road' that I see the steps leading to, is that part of the paved asphalt ring around the soccer field? Just making sure I understand, thanks! :)

Ok, I think I've got it. So basically, the only way out is to take that road and when it ends, you go left, which parallells the main road (is it Skyline Blvd?) And anyone can unlink the chain to get through, right?

Oh, and 'the road' that I see the steps leading to, is that part of the paved asphalt ring around the soccer field? Just making sure I understand, thanks! :)

I think you understand it correctly, The access road veers off of Skyline right in front of the school and leads up to the paved asphalt ring around the soccer field. I did not think to look at the chain across the access road even though I stepped right over it!! Doh! I don't know if there is a padlock on it or not! But, long story short, anybody could drive up a little bit on the access road before the chain and wait for a minute for a kid to run down there and get in the car.

I think you understand it correctly, The access road veers off of Skyline right in front of the school and leads up to the paved asphalt ring around the soccer field. I did not think to look at the chain across the access road even though I stepped right over it!! Doh! I don't know if there is a padlock on it or not! But, long story short, anybody could drive up a little bit on the access road before the chain and wait for a minute for a kid to run down there and get in the car.

LOL! I think all of us at some point or another think of missed photo ops after the fact; I know we did when son graduated kindergarten. But thats life. Its still great that you were able to go get these pictures.

Now I also can't help but wonder if they will do away with this access road completely. And yes, even padlocked the getaway vehicle could have been parked by the chain. Can that part of the access road be seen by the main road? Surely someone had to have seen her on that access road to get to the main road?

Edit to add, something else just came to mind. If Terri and Kyron had to walk to the chain, I can see where she would choose to have him wear the CSI shirt and the gray/dark gray cargo pants - not as likely to be seen as easily as say a white, red, orange shirt.

Poor Kyron. My heart just breaks for him, Desiree and Kaine.

SkylineSchool015.jpg

Side door in the front of the school that leads to a stairway to the soccer field, or the paved path to the front playground.

SkylineSchool064.jpg
Stairs from back playground
These stairs lead to the side of the school from the back playground. School to the right, covered play structure above to the left.​

http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/...ol/?action=view&current=SkylineSchool064.jpg&

These pics are from Gwenabobs pictures (at link above) It really shows you that Kyron could have easily been taken from the school unseen.

Out the door down the stairs to the access road.

Great pictures Gwenabob! If anyone has not seen them I recommend looking at them.​
Especially the pics of the access road.​

Couldn't agree more, RubyRed. I think many had a hard time believing he could just be taken without anyone seeing him or even Terri. When I saw the aerials and also Gwenabob's pictures, I knew that Terri would not have a hard time at all getting Kyron out of the school. I also had no idea that the school was on higher ground, that the path outside the door lead to such a steep hill. Its like seeing the pictures just sealed it for me.

Now I also can't help but wonder why it is that that grass is so high? Do they cut it less in the summertime? That seems it would be hazardous with snakes, ticks and other unwanted pests.

ETA, RubyRed, thanks for starting this thread. This has been one of the most informative threads for me since Kyron disappeared and really helps me understand and visualize, and confirm speculations. Thumbs up!

Couldn't agree more, RubyRed. I think many had a hard time believing he could just be taken without anyone seeing him or even Terri. When I saw the aerials and also Gwenabob's pictures, I knew that Terri would not have a hard time at all getting Kyron out of the school. I also had no idea that the school was on higher ground, that the path outside the door lead to such a steep hill. Its like seeing the pictures just sealed it for me.

Now I also can't help but wonder why it is that that grass is so high? Do they cut it less in the summertime? That seems it would be hazardous with snakes, ticks and other unwanted pests.

ETA, RubyRed, thanks for starting this thread. This has been one of the most informative threads for me since Kyron disappeared and really helps me understand and visualize, and confirm speculations. Thumbs up!

Your Welcome. I was curious on the layout of the school. I like to see visuals also.

The pics of the access road show how easily someone could park out of sight.

I think in one of Gwenabob's pics she says it is volunteers that do the yard work. I agree too much could be lurking in that tall grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member