Does TH's FB give us any clues?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know her. I am certain that the sum total of TH's character, personality, and mental health are not to be found in the news stories, the appearance of the parents before the media, the interviews of her friend, her FB postings, and the rumors that abound on the internet.

Basically, we can spin her any way we like. I can make a case that she is a terrible person who could have killed her stepson. I can also make a case that she is a saint who raised her stepson well and would never hurt him.

Villain or saint? I'm pretty sure she has been neither. (If she turns out to be the perp, I'll think she is a villain, though.)

She is a fallible human being, just like the rest of us. She may or may not have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance. Based on actual facts we know, without inferences which may be flawed, I do not have enough information to even form a stable, long-lasting opinion. If I take my facts solely from LE, and leave out the biased, sometimes unethical media as a source, I know even less than I like to think I do. So I may make a case in either direction, but it will be based on pretty thin air.

BBM...

It's more of what she DIDN'T post. Missing Info of Kyron. I find that odd. You share you're going to the gym, but not PLEASE help look for our little boy. Check your barns, porches, backyards...

Odd...

I agree - it's odd (IMHO), and reflects lack of care and sincerity. FB is the world wide web and you can hit so many people. On day 1, she should have been on there telling everyone she knows to look for Kyron. I don't care if you're going to the gym, or taking a poop (LOL) - but why not look for my step-son.

Maybe that's another reason I got rid of my FB page. It was getting to be too much dribble. Important stuff - yes, I'm interested. Going to the gym - not so much.

All MOO

Mel

We also do not know if drawing in the media, and the resulting publicity, might have ( for some reason we do not know) put Kyron at risk. It may have spooked the suspect, resulting in a quick elimination of the child; there may have been a ransom note or contact with the suspect; and- they may know who took him, and know the personality of the suspect and known it would be an unwise thing for them to do. It does sound like they had expert advice on publicity, they seem to know that it wasn't a random suspect, and appealing to the media might have served no purpose at all. Except perhaps to panic a suspect. There is SO much we don't know. I even speculated that her FB comment 'hitting the gym' might have been meant for someone else...what if there was a ransom, and it was a drop? I am sure that is simply speculation, but still-we never know.

????

When I've tagged photos on FB (as I did yesterday), I can only tag my FB friends.

Is there any more detail about how the 2 are NOT connected on FB?

Sorry Daisy. I just edited my original post. I signed off for a long time and just got back to the board. I rechecked this, they were tagged and connected.

She may not have said much on her wall on facebook, but its just as easy to private message all important people on facebook. There are more ways of communicating on facebook then just the wall.

All the info we have, though, is about her intention: hit the gym. We don't have any information about what she did at the gym, what she was hoping to get from it, whether she's been there more than once since Kyron disappeared, etc.

When she got to the gym, did she actually work out? Or did she drop off some flyers and talk to people who wanted to support her? Or did she set up at a machine and burst into tears? Did she drag herself through a workout just to say she did it?[/
B]

And do we know if she went more than once? Did she go once and get no stress relief at all, so she hasn't tried again?

You speak of the stages of grieving. I believe one of those stages is denial. I could certainly see her being in denial, thinking semi-consciously "if I do my usual routine, then this nightmare will be over" because I tend to do that myself when stressed out.

There is so much that is frustrating about this case, not least of all is that the facts we're given all seem to be missing context. That makes it nearly impossible to see how they fit into a larger picture, in my opinion.

Above BBM. There is video of her visit to the gym. Will have to find the link. She is seen rushing from gym to the mustang and there are reporters asking about kyron(i.e. this was before the HUGE SPOTLIGHT on TMH and her "possible" guilt) The reporters were asking genuine questions of Kyron. She quickly gets in drivers side and leaves. Not answering 1 single Kyron question.. (Anyone off hand know where the link to this vid is, it's how we knew the name of the gym)

She may not have said much on her wall on facebook, but its just as easy to private message all important people on facebook. There are more ways of communicating on facebook then just the wall.

I understand what you are saying, that you can communicate through private messages on FB, but I KNOW if it was me I'd be copy and pasting on A MSG such as MY SON IS MISSING!!!!(listing the details)and BEGGING IN BOLD PRINT PLZ HELP FIND HIM!!!, I'd copy/paste that msg to EVERY SINGLE FB WALL THAT I COULD WRITE ON!... I would not be posting individual private msgs to people in my contact list. (But that's just me)

ETA: Mylou~ I am not dismissing nor am I being snide, ugly or smartalec about your statement I am only stating what my personal reaction and actions would be.

We all have various activities/distractions that help us fell better, think more clearly, relax under stress. 'Hitting the gym" AND posting it on facebook is inappropriate in this circumstance. IMO
I'm a mother. After I helped search in the woods by the school for my lost/possibly injured child I would beg for his captor to please let him go, just drop him off anywhere! Don't hurt him! Please.
Because after a few days he could be anywhere in this country. It should have been a national story. His photo should have been everywhere.
From the info I've gathered here and from mainstream media, the only conclusion I can come up with(that makes sense to me) is that LE knew what happened from the beginning and they're trying to put a solid case together.
Otherwise, they would not have reassured other parents that other children were safe in the area of the school.
I have three questions:
1. When was the last time dad SAW Kyron?
2. Does anyone have a photo of Kyron at school Fri morning? (an independent photo)
3. What was the baby sister's schedule on Fri (normal, as always or different in some way?)

Above BBM. There is video of her visit to the gym. Will have to find the link. She is seen rushing from gym to the mustang and there are reporters asking about kyron(i.e. this was before the HUGE SPOTLIGHT on TMH and her "possible" guilt) The reporters were asking genuine questions of Kyron. She quickly gets in drivers side and leaves. Not answering 1 single Kyron question.. (Anyone off hand know where the link to this vid is, it's how we knew the name of the gym)

Not only is Terri rushing to the mustang, not responding to reporters, Kaine, Kyron's father is there, too.

I'd love to see what everyone's so worked up over regarding her FB page.
I didn't go looking for it.. so I never saw what all was posted.

snipped and BBM

...there was one pic that really touched me....the one where they are sitting on the couch and he has the cut-out cardboard box on his head....just makes me heavy hearted.....

I love that pic. Looking at that picture, I know how much I would like this boy. I love goofy kids.

Did she ever post about Kyron at all on FB other than in response to others?

I too felt the freind had a great chance on TV to right any wrong that was perceived by others in the written statement about Terri she had released. They had lots of time and she said she had talked to Terri on Saturday. But, all they added to how she was doing was that she is ready for Kyron to come home.

I would have expressed myself sooooo much stronger than that under these circumstances, as a friend or the step mother. That was more than they ever said in the written version, so I guess it's an improvement.

These things just keep adding up to give us a view, not the whole view, but a view of who Terri is, and she isn't helping us to think better things. Not once yet has she. Compare it to DY's released statement. Wow.

I've often wondered what Terri's FB would have looked like had it been her daughter missing instead of Kyron. Would she still be "hitting the gym" and "liking" and "poking"?

It's impossible to know, of course. But I do wonder.

Not only is Terri rushing to the mustang, not responding to reporters, Kaine, Kyron's father is there, too.

Good point about the *both* of them rushing past the media! I remember seeing that too, actually I think it was the first time that I ever saw either one of them. Now I did think that was odd, rushing the way they did and not a word...not even a "Thank you for your concern. We'll talk about everything at the next press conference" or something?

I just wanted to add this to the conversation. I posted this right after seeing the stepmother's Facebook for the first time.

I have to say that after poor little Ethan I am become even more jaded about these things, especially when you throw a step parent into the equation but looking at step mom's Facebook there is absulutely nothing that sets me off. She seems older and mature and has lots of family and support. Now I am thinking that someone from the science fair or maybe even someone that works at the school took him. I don't believe he wandered off but I suppose that is a possibility. I hope they check out that school thoroughly though.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5251783&postcount=120"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #1[/ame]

The reason I am posting this is because this was my first instinct. When I first heard the circumstances of Kyron's disappearance my first thought was the stepmother. As you can see, I saw absulutely no red flags on her Facebook. Even looking at it over the next few days I wasn't alarmed. I thought it was odd that she didn't seem upset and I was perplexed about the "hitting the gym" comment but it didn't make me suspect her. I just figured that she was a strong woman, getting a lot of support and she had it all together. I didn't really become suspicious until the press conference and her behavior there. I just wanted to put that out there because for me to point that stuff out now seems kind of hypocritical. I still don't want to believe she had anything to do with his disappearance. It would be devastating to find that out. I just can't seem to find any other scenerio that makes any sense, but that wouldn't make any sense either. I pray that he is found safe.

IMHOO There is some comments out there regarding TH "evil step mom" thing, I don't see it like that but I would like to add that it has turned into some debate that maybe some people feel it is personal because they too are a step parent. Myself included and we love our step children greatly!

I don't see this is a "real" vs "step child" thing. However it was stated that she always wanted a girl. Some people see themselves in their children, maybe she sees her daughter is a reflection of herself?

I don't see this is she didn't love him because he wasn't hers but something else. Maybe this is more less about being a step parent and more about behavior as a parent and or caretaker in general, maybe she views her daughter is a reflection of herself and perhaps Kyron not so much so.

Again, IMO

My first reaction when I saw her daughter as her FB avatar was: Wow, HIDE your baby!!! Someone might be watching her too! But it just stayed and stayed.....

Maybe she knew there was no risk to her baby...

JMO

To be fair, maybe she just wasn't thinking along those lines. When something dramatically tragic has occured your brain may be on automatic. I know mine was when my husband was killed, I was in a fog. Also I have 5 grandchildren now ages almost 3 to 11. The first 4 were boys. I finally have my little princess. I have taken alot more pictures of her and they are my background pics on my computer and cell phone, etc. but that does NOT mean I love my grandsons any less than I love her!

I can understand that but for me what was weird all her daughters pictures had Horman on whereas Kyrons just said " Kyron" like he wasnt one of them.

I'm CST and Terri is PST so her game time would have been at 2:34 Portland time.

The fact remains she thought it was more important to be playing on FB than attending her step sons performance at the school talent show? That was at 1pm, she was playing FB games at 2:30 or so......JMO

And, if there's any truth to the biodad working from home on Friday, he was sitting in the house as well, not attending his son's talent show.
Surely he could have taken the time to attend?

Not trying to be snarky, but I don't get the constant focus on the SM when the biodad often is in the same scenario, and there are no more facts given about his whereabouts that day than hers.

The fact remains she thought it was more important to be playing on FB than attending her step sons performance at the school talent show? That was at 1pm, she was playing FB games at 2:30 or so......JMO

OT from thread topic, but I feel the need to respond. Has there been anything officially stated that this talent show was something that the parents were even invited to attend? If it was during school hours, there is a likelihood that the performances were for students only. Additionally, has anything been officially stated that Kyron was even participating in the talent show? I have seen a lot of speculation on both of these topics, but have yet to see official statements with regard to either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor